TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why didn't the parents and brother go on national tv stating the facts to get their loved one out there so everyone knows what happened to get help from others to find her?? I'm not blaming the parents or brother but I would beg anyone for help to find my loved one and if I knew there was confusion I would want to get accurate information out there to help.

I agree...why not clear up everything, long, long ago? Mrs. Bobo has said from time to time that they have not been getting enough info from LE, even wanting the President to help. So why not speak up and clarify whatever needs clarifying? How anyone could have allowed this muddle for two years is beyond me. They must have been taking very bad advice.

Then why didn't the parents and brother go on national tv stating the facts to get their loved one out there so everyone knows what happened to get help from others to find her?? I'm not blaming the parents or brother but I would beg anyone for help to find my loved one and if I knew there was confusion I would want to get accurate information out there to help.

:drumroll:

This is exactly what iluvmua said, Foxfire. The dog owner is a neighbor to the Bobo's and Holly's purse was found one mile from her home.

It's presumed the purse was buried...and I admit it looks pretty rough. But I think it was "buried" under tons of leaves, sticks and other natural debris....not "buried" as in "dug and put in the ground buried."

This is exactly how Chandra Levy's body was located. It was under natural debris, located by a doggie.

Simply stated..people react differently to circumstances. People who have never lived in a tiny southern town do not have the first clue about what the "normal" thing would be to do in a case like this. I would bet that a majority of people in small towns like this dont watch the sensationalization of every missing person out there that is shown like a crime drama on the news stations out there. Many of them believe (rightly or wrongly) LE and what they tell them. They believe that if they do as they do what they are told that their loved one will be found. As well, many people who live in these towns do so out of choice and do not wish to integrate into big city life. They are private folk and the thought that if they got on TV for the country to see them in their depths of grief, it might be too much for them. This would be true especially if LE was telling them not to.

Please remember that we are all not the same in the way we deal with the simplest things...much less when we are under trauma.

According to this photo of the purse found, it doesn’t appear that is was buried in dirt, but it does appear it has been exposed to the outside elements. However, only a photo I am relying on.

I am in shock that they actually showed the pic...:eek: I think this is the very first pic they have ever released regarding ANYTHING.

http://twitpic.com/cka8u8

I'm sorry then, but the tone of your remarks suggested otherwise.

Apologize for this. I am not responsible for how my posts are read. I am here for one thing and one thing only...Holly and her family. While I would very much like to get along with everyone here, I will always stand up for the victims rights.

Forrest Sanders ‏@WSMV_Forrest 6m
Investigators will regroup to determine if the new search will continue tomorrow in the Holly Bobo case. A recap of the latest is at 10

You mean they can't figure this out on their own..WTH?..they have to discuss if it is needed or not? Lordy!

We're learning more about the discovery of Holly Bobo's purse, and what's inside.

TBI investigators say a dog found her purse Wednesday. Officials used search dogs in the area on Thursday.

WSMV-TV in Nashville is reporting that officials say Bobo's driver license, a camera, a promise ring, and a key chain with a big H were inside the purse.

http://www.wbir.com/rss/article/265...rse?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well, it looks like the bag was found close to the neighbor's house who heard the scream. They live less than 1/4 mi from the Bobo's. It's time to bring out the backhoes.

We're learning more about the discovery of Holly Bobo's purse, and what's inside.

TBI investigators say a dog found her purse Wednesday. Officials used search dogs in the area on Thursday.

WSMV-TV in Nashville is reporting that officials say Bobo's driver license, a camera, a promise ring, and a key chain with a big H were inside the purse.

http://www.wbir.com/rss/article/265...rse?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Thanks Cheese for being on top of everything.

This is the first I have heard of a promise ring, though many on this thread have asked about the jewelry Holly would normally wear.

I wonder why she wouldn't be wearing it. Interesting.

Here is Hollye's map. Not sure how long ago it was updated but it will answer questions on where things were found, searches etc...eta, it's worth it's weight in gold! TY H! it helps old memories.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...&ll=35.704147,-88.04306&spn=0.494016,0.597382

Thanks Doc. When I blew up the neighbor's, South of Bobos, you can see Box Lane where the bag was found. It is close to Swan Johnson. So, at some point that bag traveled that direction. IIRC, the school papers were found in the woods in back of her home. So she or the perp discarded her things nearby, with the exception of the lunchbag. They must have felt very comfortable leaving her possessions so close.

I guess Dana was correct about the lunch bag placed to throw everyone off...hmmm.

Wouldn't they say a ring instead of promise ring unless they are aware the boyfriend gave her a promise ring?

I wonder who searched that area before. I mean what group of volunteers. Not saying anyone overlooked intentionally, just wonder. Tim Miller has stumbled upon remains after an area had been searched before, iirc.

I have been here from hour one of day one. I live nearby and am familiar with everything. I just havent posted for o very long time. I was online day and night for days, so I am not a guest or newcomer. I went to search twice. I am familiar with the confusion of the first weeks and the condemnation of the TBI and local LE. So I do not have to be schooled on anything in this case as I probably know it as much as anyone here.

My point was that with all of the contradictions in this case, there are very few FACTS for anyone to go on.

Well, since you don't have to be schooled about anything in this case, perhaps you could lead us to an authorized LE timeline. I have certainly never seen one in the 2 years and 5 days I have been here on Holly's case. Maybe I overlooked it.

Can anyone point me to the area where the GMA property where the turkey hunting was happening that morning?

I'm all up in the air as to hoping that Holly can be found. I truely hope there's an answer asap as it's been way too long. Finding her bag and all the rest could also lead me to believe it was the perp just throwing things out along the way. There's other items found miles away. Dang.

Prayers for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member