TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They would not have let Karen touch the purse directly.

If you look at the stitching in the pics where I did a darker contrast, you can see the strap stitching is not the same.

Weird weird weird that a random purse would show up in the area, but I don't see Karen having any kind of agenda to fake that. So, I am going with: Karen is telling the truth.

That said, this case is just strange. But aren't they all.

ETA: Re-adding the pic to show what I'm describing.

65a1jr.jpg

Thank Amanda for this darker contrast view of the pink purse. Good catch.

When i view the photo ...the top stitching is the same but due to the deterioration in the fabric i think it could be the in·terfacing that is showing through. In other words dirt and break down in the fibers could allow the interlining material to show through. I am not a seem-tress.Are there posters who could i.d. if this could be the interlining material (now dirty which is showing through the now thin fabric)which in the photo appears as part of the finshed strap with top stitching? (that's a long sentence :smile:)

shefer....what are the chances we could post basically the same response to Amanda's purse photo at the same time?

I think the part you have highlighted so well for us, Amanda, in the stitching of some straps is part of the purse we cannot see in the photo. You will notice that the straps where the rings are located match almost identically.
I had a similar purse once and it had several straps on it....straps that you would place over your shoulders and then straps that buckled around the side of the purse and then straps than ran vertically around the bottom of the purse. Those vertical straps were sewn right through the middle like those you can see best in the recent photo.
But if you look at the shoulder straps, they are sewn in the same way.
Am I making any sense at all? Its pretty tough to explain because I'm just a southern girl and I have to use my hands to give you the full benefit of my explanation!

Thanks Amanda for this darker contrast view of the pink purse. Good catch.

When i view the photo ...the top stitching is the same but due to the deterioration in the fabric i think it could be the in·terfacing that is showing through. In other words dirt and break down in the fibers could allow the interlining material to show through. I am not a seem-tress are there posters who could i.d. if this could be the interllining material,sewn into the straps,that are showing though the outer fabric along with the top stitching. MOO

Could KB be in denial? I mean what are the chances...unless some sicko planted a look a like purse to mess with people.

I definitely believe that she could be in denial or that there is a reason that LE does not want the fact that this really is Holly's bag, out. Thus, they asked her to deny it.

Whether the purse is Holly's or not, I think this is an important event, and an opportunity that LE and Holly's family should not let slip away.

This event reminds us that many things can be easily hidden in the woods, close to home. This is an opportunity for the investigation to start fresh. Do a massive search starting from the home and going outward. Who knows what you may stumble upon.

Just like the purse. Who knows how long it was out there, hidden under foliage. Maybe Holly is out there just the same. They've wasted enough time.

If this isn't Holly's purse, it's an interesting coincidence. Perhaps there are a number of bags, etc, out in those woods. Maybe it's a dumping ground for a local criminal.

Italiangirl, Megan has a thread here, I'm on my tablet, so I can't easily post links.
But, Megan was lured from Tullahoma, under false pretense of a caregiver job to the middle of nowhere, in Bedford county. She was taken to Franklin County, raped, brutalized, shot and then eventually placed beside a road close to the Moore county line and set on fire.

Every single piece of evidence showed it was donnie frank jones Jr.
He even outed himself.
He freely wandered around for a few months, then finally got jailed for felon in possession of a firearm in Coffee county. A couple months later, Franklin County indicted him for felony rape, felony kidnapping, felony murder.
(foxfire has great lists of his 23+ prior felony record)
He had charges of sexual assault (dropped by victims because he harassed them over it), escape, faking his own death...

He is a perfect example of mommys money and the good ol boy system here enabling him and sweeping under the rug.
Megan would still be here if the system was working correctly.

It was shown sometime ago that dfj was working for a construction company building a hotel in Hollys area at the time of her disappearance.
The rumors of him always having easy access to hotel key cards and the rumor of a hotel key card found ....I'm betting are way more than rumor. It was his m.o.

Kelly (ksharp) telling about the xs scrub pants found where Megan's purse was is not surprising.
dfj felt comfortable in this area. He drove Megan across 3 counties himself....what's to say he didn't do the same with Holly? He got sloppy and got caught with Megan's case...but there's not an LE in our area that believes this was his first.

I want to know why there's no search. Why won't the Bobo family demand it?? TBI should have held their hand in this case along with their local sheriff department. In Megans case, it was her moms lifeline and we all stayed LOUD. Some reason, some cases, the families don't realize they can get loud.

Excellent post ChrisrYTN.

RE: But, Megan was lured from Tullahoma, under false pretense of a caregiver job to the middle of nowhere, in Bedford county. She was taken to Franklin County, raped, brutalized, shot and then eventually placed beside a road close to the Moore county line and set on fire.

Megan was located by fire department first responders upon arrival of a reported routine grass fire on the highway. She was set on fire premortem..

Not sure how many of you are aware of this and hopefully this link is allowed here. If not, Mods, please remove it. But, it definitely gives food for thought.

http://hometownof.com/swift-bobo-moo-williams-nine-missing-blond-women-from-west-tennessee/

One of the reasons that I personally give this some credence is the fact that I personally know another young, blonde, petite woman who lives only 50 miles from Holly and who was also approached at her vehicle in the early morning hours. The man had a knife and tried to get her to be led away with him, but her boyfriend was inside and yelled out when he heard her cry out. The man ran into the woods. She also lived in a somewhat remote area.

Foxfire, Was a hotel keycard found in relation to Holly's case?

Also, do you have any idea about any phone call to the Bobo home on Easter Sunday that, in essence, halted the massive volunteer searches?

I have often wondered what was on the cell phone...was the sim card in the phone....was there a pic of Holly made AFTER her abduction that has kept her parents believing that she is being kept alive....
so many questions, so few answers.....

Foxfire...did you happen to see this?

One article said that items "in the purse" seemed to match what Holly had in her purse. I can look for a link. Wonder what happened with that and what was in it?

Although I didn't join WS until about a year ago, I was somewhat familiar with Holly's disappearance from MSM when it first happened. When I did join, I was pretty fully involved in following a couple other cases here and only sporadically came here. With the news that came out this week about Holly's purse supposedly being found, I came here and have been reading constantly since. I really would like to get caught up here, but then I realize I am not much more confused than those of you who have been here since day one. There seems to be only one word which accurately describes this case, and it begins with 'cluster'. JMO

I strongly think they are the same bag! Look at the circular rings on both. To me they both look like a same bag maybe with C's on them (coach purse) and the color of both is lavendar
Keep in mind a lot of purses look different, different shape color etc
So keep in mind the shape, color and rings on both bags and this missing person found a mile away from the missing persons house
The area doesn't look like you find random purses in the yards imo

Wow-that sure looks like it's the same bag to me, just exposed to the elements for two years. I really doubt that my mother could identify my purse, although I don't live with her. And I don't believe that I could absolutely identify my daughter's purse, especially if I wanted to believe she was still alive.

The 'found' purse resembles a bag made by the Hype Co.

Well, I'm glad I decided to read all 15 pages before replying to some of the earlier posts. The one thing I don't recall seeing was if there ever was an actual presser given by LE? Frankly, given the history of this case and seeing how failure to hold a press conference to clear up misperceptions has lead to rumors galore, you'd think they would hold a press conference about the purse to clear up exactly what happened to avoid rumors and speculation.

Foxfire, Megan was 'discovered' by a 'passerby'. (I put those in quotes for a reason. )

It was very dry here, and grass fires were bad. Apparently they stopped and realized it was a body and called.

I'm all too aware and simply heartsick that she was set afire premortem.

An awful lot of TN murders seem to involve fire.

The 'found' purse resembles a bag made by the Hype Co.

Do you have a picture of it?

Why don't they release a photo of her missing purse? What would it hurt? Seems to me it would be helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay