TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Foxfire, are you saying the significant discovery on Easter Sunday two years ago was a hotel keycard?

No, fairly certain that the significant item was the cell phone, shefner..
I was interviewed by Action News 5 Investigator Janice Broach. She said, "you are aware that Holly's cell phone was located on the search today, aren't you"?
I told her that I had heard that, but had not seen it.

I would rather them send it in for DNA testing and it not be her purse then for them to not send it in and it in fact be her purse (I believe 99.9% it is her purse).

I was interviewed by Action News 5 Investigator Janice Broach. She said, "you are aware that Holly's cell phone was located on the search today, aren't you"?

Do you know where the cell phone was found????

Megan was NOT dfj's first victim. We pray she was his last. He was still trying to access local girls after he was the one known to have brutally murdered Megan.

His crime history was not only tied to our immediate counties here in Middle Tennessee.
He was an equal opportunity .

Franklin County area is seriously not a far reach to search for Holly.
It needs to happen.

DFJ is, I can guarantee you, hoping against hope, that he gets his usual 'break' , and his motion to withdraw his guilty plea is successful BEFORE they find Holly, or direct evidence to him. (highly doubtful his motion is granted. IMO )

As Kelly says, he thinks in his little sick mind that people will believe he's the unluckiest human being on the planet to have more than one case directly connected to him.

Wartburg TN prison is where he deserves to be...and hopefully, that is where he will draw his last breath.

He matches in more than several ways to a number of cases, and that....is the only 'theory' I'm believing in Hollys case.

dfj walked among us, slithered through MANY counties, towns, and watched and planned how to harm for whatever sick motive he had.

His own 'old lady' ( Hi NJ! I know you read here) had to know....as she scored her man in a highly questionable manner.

Until there are searches in this area and the family of Holly isn't afraid to come out and say 'let's do this'...I fear she will never be found. Seriously.

dfj matches the description in more than a few, and I do think TBI is aware of it...so what is the holdup??

I'm not familiar with Megan's care if someone can please catch me up and how the cases might be connected thanks

Comparison, without any altering the photos:

I strongly think they are the same bag! Look at the circular rings on both. To me they both look like a same bag maybe with C's on them (coach purse) and the color of both is lavendar
Keep in mind a lot of purses look different, different shape color etc
So keep in mind the shape, color and rings on both bags and this missing person found a mile away from the missing persons house
The area doesn't look like you find random purses in the yards imo

"The bag matches the description of one Bobo was carrying when she disappeared, and there were items in the purse indicating it belonged to the young woman, said TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm."
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/apr/18/holly-bobos-purse-found-in-woods-near-tenn-home/

"...officials say Bobo's driver license, a camera, a promise ring, and a key chain with a big H were inside the purse.

Karen Bobo, Holly's mom, identified the purse as Holly's before she knew what was inside. Karen Bobo released a statement saying she's grateful the TBI has resumed the search. She says she believes her daughter is alive."
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/26...er-dog-finds-purse-belonging-to-missing-woman

So, the TBI spokeswoman stated there were items in the purse/backpack, but now there aren't? Someone is lying. I also saw direct quotes from TBI, Kristin Helm, stating the exact contents that were found, but those articles have quickly been "removed" or "updated". Nothing in this case makes any sense and never has. This whole case stinks like a 2 yr old fish.

Do you know where the cell phone was found????

This is from thread #34 by a wonderful poster Karen Anne RN. She always had informative posts. I sure miss her contributions. I am not sure if the link's still work.MOO
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8265010
Post #346 Thread 34
<modsnip>

The lunch purse was found on D. Graves' property by his son. (Gooch Road.) I posted a photo of the area, here, about a week or so ago.

Here is my Holly map on Google: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en
It shows locations of the home, search areas, evidence found,etc.

Evidence Found ~ 4/24/11 near 100 Eaton Street, U.S. 641/Tennessee 69, Parsons TN*
EASTER SUNDAY (This is un-named evidence. Some believe that the cell phone was located here.)

Warm Vehicle Found with Cell Phone Gloves & Camo ~ 4/15/11
386 Conrad Ridge Road, Parsons TN - on map

Holly's Lunch Bag & Duct Tape Found ~ 4/14/11 - on map
Gooch Road, Parsons TN

Last edited by SoSueMe; 08-17-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Remove quote

I read Hollys thread daily but do not post much as I am so confused about this case. The purse look similar, and it being so close to her house in the woods leans me to believe its hers. How often do you find purses in the woods? Let alone a mile from a missing young women with a similar one? The person who found it did they report it because it looked like Hollys and they were familiar with what she had the day she disappeared or because maybe they found her camera, ID, etc in it? I have always wondered if the lack of info is because they have a strong idea of who did this and are just waiting for something (I don't know what) to go after him. The family seems so convinced that she is alive being held against her will that I wonder if they are just in sever denial about what could have happened and or is there legitimate reasoning to believe holly is in fact alive? I hope they send it for DNA and they search the woods again. I'm praying Holly is found alive, such a sad, sad case.

I also wanted to add, on the risk of sounding a bit crazy, I believe animals have intuition. The dog bringing the purse to its owner rather then playing with it and chewing it up is something that strongly stands out to me.

I read Hollys thread daily but do not post much as I am so confused about this case. The purse look similar, and it being so close to her house in the woods leans me to believe its hers. How often do you find purses in the woods? Let alone a mile from a missing young women with a similar one? The person who found it did they report it because it looked like Hollys and they were familiar with what she had the day she disappeared or because maybe they found her camera, ID, etc in it? I have always wondered if the lack of info is because they have a strong idea of who did this and are just waiting for something (I don't know what) to go after him. The family seems so convinced that she is alive being held against her will that I wonder if they are just in sever denial about what could have happened and or is there legitimate reasoning to believe holly is in fact alive? I hope they send it for DNA and they search the woods again. I'm praying Holly is found alive, such a sad, sad case.

The purse was found by one of the Bobo's neighbor's dog. The dog brought it back to thier owner, per an article I read, there were witnesses who saw a purse very similar to this one being carried by Holly the day she vanished.

More than likely they are in severe denial. I also hope that they did send it in for DNA testing and did not take the family at thier word.

The spokseperson for the TBI said they didn't let anyone touch the purse until Friday because they wanted to dogs to pick up Holly's scent.

"The bag matches the description of one Bobo was carrying when she disappeared, and there were items in the purse indicating it belonged to the young woman, said TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm."
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/apr/18/holly-bobos-purse-found-in-woods-near-tenn-home/

"...officials say Bobo's driver license, a camera, a promise ring, and a key chain with a big H were inside the purse.

Karen Bobo, Holly's mom, identified the purse as Holly's before she knew what was inside. Karen Bobo released a statement saying she's grateful the TBI has resumed the search. She says she believes her daughter is alive."
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/26...er-dog-finds-purse-belonging-to-missing-woman

So, the TBI spokeswoman stated there were items in the purse/backpack, but now there aren't? Someone is lying. I also saw direct quotes from TBI, Kristin Helm, stating the exact contents that were found, but those articles have quickly been "removed" or "updated". Nothing in this case makes any sense and never has. This whole case stinks like a 2 yr old fish.

Well, According to Karen B. when she was shown a photo of the purse they found, She said it was Holly's and when they actually showed her the purse in person, she said "No, That's not my daughter's purse" (paraphrasing). She also said that it was turned inside out.

Well, According to Karen B. when she was shown a photo of the purse they found, She said it was Holly's and when they actually showed her the purse in person, she said "No, That's not my daughter's purse" (paraphrasing).

I'm not even going to guess why or what KB said what she said and I certainly hope they did not rely on KB for positive identification when they already stated the bag was identified based on the items found!
My question is regarding the statement released by the TBI claiming the contents of the bag were the reason it was identified as belonging to Holly prior to KB seeing it. KB is not the TBI. I'm also having a very difficult time understanding why this bag was not immediately tagged and sent off to the lab for additional testing! Why was KB allowed to touch this potential evidence? What is wrong with this picture?

I think that's def something to look into! All from TN and both girls nursing! I hope they questioned him. How far away was the scrubs?

I'm not familiar with Megan's care if someone can please catch me up and how the cases might be connected thanks

Italiangirl, Megan has a thread here, I'm on my tablet, so I can't easily post links.
But, Megan was lured from Tullahoma, under false pretense of a caregiver job to the middle of nowhere, in Bedford county. She was taken to Franklin County, raped, brutalized, shot and then eventually placed beside a road close to the Moore county line and set on fire.

Every single piece of evidence showed it was donnie frank jones Jr.
He even outed himself.
He freely wandered around for a few months, then finally got jailed for felon in possession of a firearm in Coffee county. A couple months later, Franklin County indicted him for felony rape, felony kidnapping, felony murder.
(foxfire has great lists of his 23+ prior felony record)
He had charges of sexual assault (dropped by victims because he harassed them over it), escape, faking his own death...

He is a perfect example of mommys money and the good ol boy system here enabling him and sweeping under the rug.
Megan would still be here if the system was working correctly.

It was shown sometime ago that dfj was working for a construction company building a hotel in Hollys area at the time of her disappearance.
The rumors of him always having easy access to hotel key cards and the rumor of a hotel key card found ....I'm betting are way more than rumor. It was his m.o.

Kelly (ksharp) telling about the xs scrub pants found where Megan's purse was is not surprising.
dfj felt comfortable in this area. He drove Megan across 3 counties himself....what's to say he didn't do the same with Holly? He got sloppy and got caught with Megan's case...but there's not an LE in our area that believes this was his first.

I want to know why there's no search. Why won't the Bobo family demand it?? TBI should have held their hand in this case along with their local sheriff department. In Megans case, it was her moms lifeline and we all stayed LOUD. Some reason, some cases, the families don't realize they can get loud.

Well, According to Karen B. when she was shown a photo of the purse they found, She said it was Holly's and when they actually showed her the purse in person, she said "No, That's not my daughter's purse" (paraphrasing). She also said that nothing was in the purse and that it was turned inside out.

Once again...this is what the media reported. I know dozens of cases where LE has been misquoted. I truly dont believe that anything in this case can be believed unless it has been checked and double checked and checked again. I am personally shocked at the posts from seasoned WSrs who aren't getting this. We all know what a mess this is. You just cant take the info given at face value.

I'm not even going to guess why or what KB said what she said and I certainly hope they did not rely on KB for positive identification when they already stated the bag was identified based on the items found!
My question is regarding the statement released by the TBI claiming the contents of the bag were the reason it was identified as belonging to Holly prior to KB seeing it. KB is not the TBI. I'm also having a very difficult time understanding why this bag was not immediately tagged and sent off to the lab for additional testing! Why was KB allowed to touch this potential evidence?[B] What is wrong with this picture?[/B]

I'm sure the neighbor showed them the contents of what was in the purse or maybe he/she told TBI over the phone what was in the purse etc. and that is why they said this is Holly's purse.

Everything.

I have no idea, they should have not even shown it to her in person.

I know she was begging them to let her see it and when they finally did, she said that's not holly's purse.

Once again...this is what the media reported. I know dozens of cases where LE has been misquoted. I truly dont believe that anything in this case can be believed unless it has been checked and double checked and checked again. I am personally shocked at the posts from seasoned WSrs who aren't getting this. We all know what a mess this is. You just cant take the info given at face value.

I'm sure Karen B told TBI that's not her daughter's purse and that's what TBI told the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine