TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a dumb question,but who investigates serial killers? TBI OR FBI
I always thought it was the FBI
It used to be, the FBI could get involved if a crime crossed state lines. Now it seems that the FBI can get involved if i) they are asked in by a state agency, or ii) if the type of crime - kidnapping is one, I think, plus acts of terrorism, etc. - fits recent guidelines. Not sure about serial killers; if they have evidence they've crossed state lines - which most I think do - then yes, full speed ahead.

There has been conjecture on the thread that the TBI has not asked for FBI help as this might reveal earlier shortcomings in TBI's own investigation.

WHY, WHY, WHY....if they believe DFJ is the suspect, would they not released those blasted 911 tapes?

UGH. Please. Let us hear what was being reported at the very moment this event was unfolding!

I would think that after two years, folks would be aware of the antiquated silence and misinformation strategy by the TBI, that is fueling the Silent Epidemic of missing/murdered persons cold cases in TN.

shefner, when an abduction occurs by a stranger or slight acquaintance. It is normal for people to be skeptical and suspicious of close friends, family members, and others..

From the first moments of day one, all indicators pointed to a well organized and experienced sexual predator in Holly Bobo's abduction..

It used to be, the FBI could get involved if a crime crossed state lines. Now it seems that the FBI can get involved if i) they are asked in by a state agency, or ii) if the type of crime - kidnapping is one, I think, plus acts of terrorism, etc. - fits recent guidelines. Not sure about serial killers; if they have evidence they've crossed state lines - which most I think do - then yes, full speed ahead.

There has been conjecture on the thread that the TBI has not asked for FBI help as this might reveal earlier shortcomings in TBI's own investigation.

(snipped and BBM)
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Serial Murder

Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

In an effort to bridge the gap between the many views of issues related to serial murder, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) hosted a multi-disciplinary Symposium in San Antonio, Texas, on August 29, 2005 through September 2, 2005..

Although the federal law provides a definition of serial murder, it is limited in its application. The purpose of this definition was to set forth criteria establishing when the FBI could assist local law enforcement agencies with their investigation of serial murder cases. It was not intended to be a generic definition for serial murder..

One discussion topic focused on the determination of the number of murders that constituted a serial murder. Academicians and researchers were interested in establishing a specific number of murders, to allow clear inclusion criteria for their research on serial killers. However, since the definition was to be utilized by law enforcement, a lower number of victims would allow law enforcement more flexibility in committing resources to a potential serial murder investigation.

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events

Thanks, Ff. I actually remember reading about that symposium as I was living in S.A. at the time. Forgot all about it.

"Tennessee investigators and the mother of a nursing student missing for two years say a purse found this week is not that of missing nursing student Holly Bobo.
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said Friday that Bobo's mother had seen a photo of the recovered purse two days ago and thought it was her daughter's. But after seeing it in person Friday, Karen Bobo said it wasn't.
Neighborhood dogs had found the purse in the hills in west Tennessee on Wednesday, prompting a search for other clues. But nothing was found."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...OT-belong-missing-daughter.html#ixzz2R1Ej644E
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Attachments

• article-2129435-196007EB000005DC-288_634x354.jpg
    article-2129435-196007EB000005DC-288_634x354.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 23
Sexual predator and confessed killer Donnie Frank Jones, was released from parole/probation in April 2011.. Coincidence? I think not...

Imo, Donnie Frank Jones, being incarcerated is the primary reason for the TBI's present Silence & misinformation in the Holly Bobo investigation..
Did the TBI ever take the lead in that investigation? As I recall they just offered assistance and I also believe that was a different division of the TBI helping.

Did the TBI ever take the lead in that investigation? As I recall they just offered assistance and I also believe that was a different division of the TBI helping.

Not sure, Frogzilla.. I feel that there may have been perceived hypothesis, linkage blindness, as well as enabling issues which prevented the TBI from connecting DFJ to Holly Bobo's abduction investigation.
The more that I learn about DFJ, the more that I am convinced that he was Holly Bobo's abductor..
DFJ, not only had means, motive, and opportunity, but his profile and past fits like the proverbial glove...

Have they checked Holly's cell towers that morning for movement

Well there was the Friday-Sunday ad on TV for Monday's Nancy Grace eposide about Holly where Nancy touted "Bombshell" news about cell phone pings around the house the morning Holly disappeared. Yet when Monday rolled around, the show topic was not what had been advertized and she was back on Casey Anthony. I don't think Holly was ever mentioned again.

for a long time it was not even clear if the phone had been found or not. Then at some point it had been but not much has ever been said about the phone by anyone.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/265460/2/Camera-driver-license-among-contents-of-Bobos-purse

WSMV-TV in Nashville is reporting that officials say Bobo's driver license, a camera, a promise ring, and a key chain with a big H were inside the purse.

Karen Bobo, Holly's mom, identified the purse as Holly's before she knew what was inside.

So it does look like items were inside the purse.

And now KB is saying the purse is not Holly's............

First she begged to see the purse and once she does, she immediately says (paraphrasing) "Nope, Not my daughter's".

Something really stinks here.

That article from 18 April is based on the WSMV reporting. I think that station is the single source for all accounts of what was allegedly inside the purse. It appears there is no second confirmation. This does not mean that the items were not inside the purse. But it does heighten the chance that a reporting error may have been inadvertently made.

I can't find a print media source that claims the items were in the purse. The Jackson Sun, for example - I don't think they reported it. Also, I can't find it in an AP account. Perhaps others can. I haven't spent a great deal of time researching but believe I'm correct.

If the items were in the purse, then - good grief. But if the purse was empty, it does not eliminate the oddness of the purse being ID'd, then that ID being refuted.

Slightly off topic with regards to the purse, but does anybody know why Holly's profile was removed from the FBI's missing people page? I noticed this a while ago. Sorry if it has previously been discussed.

well....... once the DNA testing comes back, we should know for sure if it belongs to
Holly or not.

well....... once the DNA testing comes back, we should know for sure if it belongs to
Holly or not.
Did they send it in for testing? I may have read right over that. (And other things.) Hope so. With this case, can't tell what is being and is not being done.

Did they send it in for testing? I may have read right over that. (And other things.) Hope so. With this case, can't tell what is being and is not being done.

I hope they sent it in for testing....... it would be extremely stupid of them to take the word of the family that it's not Holly's purse and not do any testing on it.

Megan was NOT dfj's first victim. We pray she was his last. He was still trying to access local girls after he was the one known to have brutally murdered Megan.

His crime history was not only tied to our immediate counties here in Middle Tennessee.
He was an equal opportunity .

Franklin County area is seriously not a far reach to search for Holly.
It needs to happen.

DFJ is, I can guarantee you, hoping against hope, that he gets his usual 'break' , and his motion to withdraw his guilty plea is successful BEFORE they find Holly, or direct evidence to him. (highly doubtful his motion is granted. IMO )

As Kelly says, he thinks in his little sick mind that people will believe he's the unluckiest human being on the planet to have more than one case directly connected to him.

Wartburg TN prison is where he deserves to be...and hopefully, that is where he will draw his last breath.

He matches in more than several ways to a number of cases, and that....is the only 'theory' I'm believing in Hollys case.

dfj walked among us, slithered through MANY counties, towns, and watched and planned how to harm for whatever sick motive he had.

His own 'old lady' ( Hi NJ! I know you read here) had to know....as she scored her man in a highly questionable manner.

Until there are searches in this area and the family of Holly isn't afraid to come out and say 'let's do this'...I fear she will never be found. Seriously.

dfj matches the description in more than a few, and I do think TBI is aware of it...so what is the holdup??

I hope they sent it in for testing....... it would be extremely stupid of them to take the word of the family that it's not Holly's purse and not do any testing on it.
Agreed.

Oh, another thing on the purse and possible contents - if they were in there, even though KB said it wasn't HB's purse, TBI would not have just left without further searching, I don't think. To do so would be neglecting their duty to investigate the case fully. It wouldn't matter what KB said. LE would have enough evidence to keep looking.

But who knows. Screwiest case ever.

So, Foxfire, are you saying the significant discovery on Easter Sunday two years ago was a hotel keycard?

Of course they are going to have it and the items tested.

Well, a professional agency would.

Not seeing an MSM source saying they are. Reporters should have asked that quesiton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine