TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything found, including many rumors, was found near the Bobo property with the exception of the lunch bag which was found 8 miles away.

I remember somebody posting a theory involving the now deceased serial killer israel keyes. Has anyone looked in to this at all? The type of abduction matches his style, and he would bury items that belonged to the individual along with murder weapons in some sort of container in the ground. Maybe after a couple years a dog smelled something and dug it up?? The timeline involving his travels on fbi.gov places him in that general area close to the same time, although not exactly.

:seeya: Hi joejoet..

:welcome5:

Anything is possible, though in this case, I think the perp knew Holly.

I think right now the only thing I'd base my op on is who lives where & where the purse was found. If it was a random perp, how coincidental would it be to place/bury Holly's purse so close to a relative's house or place or bury something in a yard so close to where she went missing?

But what if Holly dropped the purse and it was never buried? It seems unlikely of course that it would be out there all this time and not found but with the latest developments about this being the first "professional" search, I have to ask.

I guess I am trying to figure out/wondering WHY a perp would bury a purse? Why not dispose of it somewhere else?

I just don't get it I guess?! Local or otherwise!

Read that there is the world's largest coon hunt in Decatur county to raise money for children's hospital and they come from all over the country (hunters)
The 3 day coon hunt was the 3 days of the 2 yr anniversary ending on April 13

Off Topic sorta: BBM

http://www.fbi.gov/boston/press-rel...t-press-conference-on-bombing-investigation-1

Remarks of Special Agent in Charge Richard DesLauriers at FBI Press Conference on Bombing Investigation

For clarity, these images should be the only ones—the only ones—that the public should view to assist us. Other photos should not be deemed credible and unnecessarily divert the public’s attention in the wrong direction and create undue work for vital law enforcement resources.

For more than 100 years, the FBI has relied on the public to be its eyes and ears. With the media’s help, in an instant, these images will be delivered directly into the hands of millions around the world. We know the public will play a critical role in identifying and locating them.

Somebody out there knows these individuals as friends, neighbors, co-workers, or family members of the suspects. Though it may be difficult, the nation is counting on those with information to come forward.

No bit of information, no matter how small or seemingly inconsequential, is too small. Each piece moves us forward towards justice.

It is extremely important to contact us with any information regarding the identities of Suspect 1 and Suspect 2 and their locations.

FYI: over 30% of the FBI's Top 10 Fugitives apprehended were due to an aware citizen's tip...

For me, the reason I think the purse being where it was points to a local is the possibility of it being disposed of after the perp returned to the area. I think he would have taken Holly a greater distance away, especially as it seems they probably got into a vehicle and that he found he still had the bag when he came back, from wherever he left her.

It does no good to think logically when it comes to these type of perps and why they do things.

For me, the reason I think the purse being where it was points to a local is the possibility of it being disposed of after the perp returned to the area. I think he would have taken Holly a greater distance away, especially as it seems they probably got into a vehicle and that he found he still had the bag when he came back, from wherever he left her.

Accordingly, then the perp would be living near where the bag was found. In that neck of the woods, that wouldn't be too difficult to interview. That area is so small they could have interviewed every single person in the area easily. Myracle Rd appears to be the most inhabited in Darden....that's not saying much.

I don't recall anywhere being thoroughly investigated. I think they told all the home owners to check their property. I doubt LE did...too much land and many fussy land owners is my guess.

Accordingly, then the perp would be living near where the bag was found. In that neck of the woods, that wouldn't be too difficult to interview. That area is so small they could have interviewed every single person in the area easily. Myracle Rd appears to be the most inhabited in Darden....that's not saying much.

I don't recall anywhere being thoroughly investigated. I think they told all the home owners to check their property. I doubt LE did...too much land and many fussy land owners is my guess.

I doubt we would have a clue, if anyone was suspected or investigated. And LE has always hinted that they feel the crime was local. So maybe they do suspect someone nearby.

But what if Holly dropped the purse and it was never buried? It seems unlikely of course that it would be out there all this time and not found but with the latest developments about this being the first "professional" search, I have to ask.

I guess I am trying to figure out/wondering WHY a perp would bury a purse? Why not dispose of it somewhere else?

I just don't get it I guess?! Local or otherwise!

I don't even get why she had it to begin with. That means she her keys, cell and lunchbox in hand PLUS her bag. How many perps want the victim to take all that. She was at her home, so we are told. Why carry all this stuff after being harmed already by the perp.

The items that are still missing are:
A Samsung cell phone, a thick hardcover book and binder, a white soft-sided lunch bag, a keychain with several keys including a Ford door opener and a large rhinestone “H,”

So where the cell was found would be important. It has been alluded that LE has her cell but I have no idea why they won't confirm. We heard the papers were strewn in the woods near the house...they won't confirm that either. So the only thing missing so far are her car keys and the large rhinestone H, which I assume was her key ring.

Why did she pick up her stuff after being surprised, wounded, at her car and take them with her while being forced into the woods? Of course, we must believe what Dana told us is true but LE has never confirmed her injury.

I am stuck at her carrying her car keys in one hand, a lunch bag, CELL and bag, books/binder in the other, all while being abducted, walking in flip flops, injured into the woods. This just cries out for some logic.

It's great they found her purse but there are reasons to be skeptical about this find overall. The dog digging it up in a specific spot, or even randomly finding it and retrieving it, on the two year anniversary week seems kind of far fetched (pun intended), but it was found and that's what is important. It will probably be a long while before they get results from testing it, if any. Another issue is the cat and mouse feel this find has. Another item in a previously searched area showing up in a seemingly illogical spot. DOH!
Although it did peeve me to see the dog paw in the picture of the purse. Either they are trying to sell this story or they had a dog close enough to play with the evidence some more. C'mon guys!
There are also reasons to be optimistic. TBI dusted off the case for a couple days and actually said something, and that's about all it was- something. I don't know why they essentially blamed volunteers for possibly missing it when it's probable it was planted after the fact, (I mean is the blame game really necessary? Where is the accountability?), but I digress. I think the location of the find is interesting, the property lines there show a handful of names floating around this case and the proximity to the announced roadblock is also interesting. The bottom line is this find can't hurt the case anymore than it is already damaged.

Just a head's up to posters,I found this MSN which quotes TBI spokesman Kristen Helm as saying the purse contained item's indicating it belonged to a young women.

"The bag matches the description of one Bobo was carrying when she disappeared, and there were items in the purse indicating it belonged to the young woman",said TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/apr/18/holly-bobos-purse-found-in-woods-near-tenn
Okay! :facepalm:

The newly found purse, which was found empty and turned inside out, is now in the TBI's possession. *

http://www.wkrn.com/story/22015371/holly-bobo-purse-found?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

WSMV-TV in Nashville is reporting that officials say Bobo's driver license, a
camera, a promise ring, and a key chain with a big H were inside the purse.

http://www.wbir.com/rss/article/265...rse?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Does any one think this $20 (highlighted in red below)could be confirmation that .indeed Holly had picked up the cash from the counter DB had left for gas money?

Apr 13, 2013

A news release sent by Without Warning on Wednesday said that Bobo was believed to be carrying several items when she was abducted: A Samsung cell phone, a thick hardcover book and binder, a white soft-sided lunch bag, a keychain with several keys including a Ford door opener and a large rhinestone “H,” and a pink purse.

The purse contained the following items: A blue Olympus camera, a crocodile black patent leather wallet with her driver’s license, school ID and at least $20 in cash, a small bottle of bath and body lotion, a small hairbrush, a pink and a brown striped pencil bag.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...pe-alive-Holly-Bobo-two-years-after-abduction

Another question that has always troubled me...How did she open and shut the house door that morning while carrying all these items plus juggle a can or bottle of coke?

I am stuck at her carrying her car keys in one hand, a lunch bag, CELL and bag, books/binder in the other, all while being abducted, walking in flip flops, injured into the woods. This just cries out for some logic.

I don't see why LE even mentioned that the area was only searched previously by volunteers. That makes them look even more incomptent.

It seems that Holly's items had to be planted. That's all that we can logically concur. A lunchbag with blood is found almost immediately, 6-8 miles in one direction....the discovery on Easter morning in another location (reportedly the phone, and such a significant find that high volume searches essentially stopped that day)....now the purse in a one mile area around Holly's home. There were also a few other things found that TBI will not tell us about.

What are the odds that within days of the Bobo's having a community awareness/fundraising event that a dog would go into the woods and dig up a purse that has been there for 2 years? Not blaming a soul or casting doubt on anyone....but is that not too coincidental?

This is a local. Who the heck is it?

So I'm guessing holly dropped the purse as the perp was abducting her. But how far away is it from her home? Or like others are saying, things are being planted. So sad and confusing.

Nick Paranjape ‏@Fox17Nick 5m
@TBInvestigation canceling search for #HollyBobo today in Darden. The search is set to resume Saturday @wztv_fox17

Nick Paranjape ‏@Fox17Nick 5m
@TBInvestigation canceling search for #HollyBobo today in Darden. The search is set to resume Saturday @wztv_fox17

Ugh. Why??? This frustrates me. :banghead:

Biting my tongue... listening to theories... praying for her safe return. ONLY...

my thoughts: purse being found does not solidify a "local"... stuff gets dumped where convenient and easy

never said the dog "dug it up"; it's dirty but it's been outside for 2 years

details about rings, contents... etc. can be a little off. When I got Meg's purse back, some of the things inside were pretty dang random and quite frankly had nothing to do with her disappearance. Hell, she didn't pack that purse thinking she would never come home and neither did Holly...

listen, think, and hear all of it... it will come together. Come home sweet girl... come home.

Another reporter saying search is off for today

Scott Madaus ‏@smadausfox13 2m
DEVELOPING: TBI tells me they will not continue search in the Holly Bobo case today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe