TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did they say?

LOL Nothing. Just a voice over from the host saying she was still missing and a video clip of her mom asking for her to come home. Was maybe 15 seconds. Perhaps it was a teaser? They cut right to a commercial but now they are on a different story.

Holly wasn't alone at home so a scream would have alerted her brother.

What I am unclear about are the neighbors. Looking at Hollye's map, the neighbors seem clustered far enough away from the house to make it difficult for them to hear a scream. If they heard it that far away, and one reportedly did, how could anyone in the house not have heard it - unless as Penelope suggests, she was led out of the woods back to Swan Johnson in the vicinity of the neighbors to the perp's waiting car.

I've been reading this case from the start. Interesting points made by all. Unfortunately I think Holly died very soon after she was kidnapped. I really don't think there's anybody hiding out in a cave/hut with her. I hope I'm wrong though.

What I am unclear about are the neighbors. Looking at Hollye's map, the neighbors seem clustered far enough away from the house to make it difficult for them to hear a scream. If they heard it that far away, and one reportedly did, how could anyone in the house not have heard it - unless as Penelope suggests, she was led out of the woods back to Swan Johnson in the vicinity of the neighbors to the perp's waiting car.

Well yes thats it. I do not think Holly screamed while she was near her own house but at some point farther away. Maybe at a point she was being put into a car, bound, etc. You could find out how far an average scream would carry in woods to know how far away from the neighbors house (who heard teh scream) she was. I would assume Holly was between her house and that neighbors house, but she could have been on the far side of the neighbors house.

Well yes thats it. I do not think Holly screamed while she was near her own house but at some point farther away. Maybe at a point she was being put into a car, bound, etc. You could find out how far an average scream would carry in woods to know how far away from the neighbors house (who heard teh scream) she was. I would assume Holly was between her house and that neighbors house, but she could have been on the far side of the neighbors house.

Looking at Hollye's map, the neighbors seem clustered south of the Bobo house on Swan Johnson. One would think the perp would park north of the house on the street, away from houses and witnesses.

I've been reading this case from the start. Interesting points made by all. Unfortunately I think Holly died very soon after she was kidnapped. I really don't think there's anybody hiding out in a cave/hut with her. I hope I'm wrong though.

That is a distinct possibility :sick: although she seemingly if she were killed it was not in the immediate vicinity of her house, or at least in a manner which left a crime scene to be found. And if she was killed on the spot, he took her body with her which might be odd and a lot of work if you wanted to be quick about it. That would also not necessarily match with finding her discarded lunch box (why throw that out keep it with the body?) and the tape (why take the tape off if she was dead or why tape her if she was dead). So who knows.

I notice in a lot of famous stalker murders the victim was killed on the spot, on their doorstep, and concealment was not attempted. Nor was stealth a huge factor either.

I don't buy the hidden survivalist bunker story myself. An ATV may have been used but I think its a car/truck/suv myself. parked on a back road or trail close to her house. If she/they are in the woods it is NOT in the immediate vicinity of the crime scene and evidence (lunch box found by a road) may imply he/they drove off. I think dead or alive Holly would be more likely to be at a home, utility building, rental shed, etc rather than some tent or shelter in the woods.

Hi iluvmua, Im from North Port florida where amber lee lived that was the most horrific case i had ever heard. Nothing at all was done right the system let thislgirl down. They sure had enuff clues and 911 calls ,,,that girl should not be dead.

OMG.. that woman's life could have been saved several times (i just read the wiki article)... how sad!!!

Looking at Hollye's map, the neighbors seem clustered south of the Bobo house on Swan Johnson. One would think the perp would park north of the house on the street, away from houses and witnesses.

It does seem odd, doesn't it. Some suggestions as to why he would park south:
-- Maybe there is a dirt road or some place south of the Bobo house where he could park his car undetected and where there were trails from there to the house.
-- Maybe he observed that, upon leaving the house in the morning, Holly's parents traveled north to get to their jobs.
-- Maybe he lives south or southwest of the Bobo house
-- Maybe he is related to one of the neighbors
-- Maybe there is an atv/hiking trail that extends from near the Bobo property and south through the woods in the vicinity of the neighbor's house.

I would like to know where the neighbor was when he/she heard the scream. And what did the scream sound like, ie. was it just a person/female screaming or did it sound like a person/female screaming in terror and in fear of her life. (there is a difference-- I have heard both)

OMG.. that woman's life could have been saved several times (i just read the wiki article)... how sad!!!

it was the worst case i had ever ever heard! did you hear her 911 calls she made herself from his car? It makes ya cry!

It does seem odd, doesn't it. Some suggestions as to why he would park south:
-- Maybe there is a dirt road or some place south of the Bobo house where he could park his car undetected and where there were trails from there to the house.
-- Maybe he observed that, upon leaving the house in the morning, Holly's parents traveled north to get to their jobs.
-- Maybe he lives south or southwest of the Bobo house
-- Maybe he is related to one of the neighbors
-- Maybe there is an atv/hiking trail that extends from near the Bobo property and south through the woods in the vicinity of the neighbor's house.

I would like to know where the neighbor was when he/she heard the scream. And what did the scream sound like, ie. was it just a person/female screaming or did it sound like a person/female screaming in terror and in fear of her life. (there is a difference-- I have heard both)

I would like to know if she called 911?

Ok the main story is on Fox TV now... Mary Ellen O'Toole, former FBI profiler gave a live interview with Alisyn Camerota. Nothing new but it was interesting.

Please verify:
The ex-boyfriend left work on the morning of her disappearance and has not returned? Someone posted that in an article above (but the article was dated the 14th).
Has the ex-boyfriend been accounted for?

Good Morning y'all! Praying that today is the day we get some answers! :(

I am not caught up on thread #5 just yet but have been here since day one as well. I personally have hope that she is still alive. In all honesty, that's not unusual for me...I always seem to have hope even when it looks a little bleak. That's just me. However, I have to say that on Friday when I was here at WS posting with all of you, I was beginning to believe that she might have been killed soon after her abduction. Then LE called urgently for volunteers and then a couple of hours later, sent everyone home. It has been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions because I truly believed 110% that she was going to be found Friday night SAFE. Reading on WS as long as I have, I know that with every second that ticks by, it becomes less likely that Holly is still alive. But I can't help but think that LE has SOMETHING that we don't know about...something BIG that points in the direction of her being safe. I know it's crazy but the way they are handling this case has me even more hopeful than I usually am. I really do believe that Holly is still alive....but that's possibly only because I am trusting that LE has a reason to urgently request volunteers. I mean, am I wrong to think that if they thought she was no longer with us, they wouldn't have 1200-2000 people who could possibly contaminate their crime scene and/or Holly's body?

So many thoughts and I am honestly about as confused in this case as I am in the Maura Murray case.

As always, I am praying for Holly. And praying for an end....soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321