TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to those that provided links of the RSO in the Parsons area. As expected, I didn't like the looks of most of them. Too many with sexual assault/battery/rape. I'm sure those were the first ones questioned by LE. Hopefully they did a good job on that.

69 members and 89 guests aboard at the moment.

And guests, sign up, WS is a great place.

We are all family here! :party::welcome2::welcome4:

We need all the :cupcake: & :websleuther: we can get :)

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN
nancy grace covering drew peterson and holly tonight

Levi also posted earlier he will be on JVM talking about the case

http://www.ustream.tv/user/timer55
you can watch live at this link on your computer

no complaining about ng here.. but you can do it here:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you Nursebe, Prime News on HLN will discuss Holly's case, too. It comes on in about 20 minutes here, Central time zone.

per
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prime-News/93710322266

Was it ever mentioned whether either of Holly's ex-bfs lived out of state or had out-of state ties?

I hesitant to even mention this because it is highly unlikely that it is related...but the reason I ask is this:

Yesterday between 3PM and 4PM I saw a small, white SUV travelling west on I-70 through Kansas. It had TN plates (kicking myself for not getting the number). The reason it caught my attention is because it was travelling faster than the speed limit and weaving in and out of traffic. It cut in really close in front of me. The SUV had a tire mounted on the back. The passenger was a tallish (I am guessing because his head came fairly close to the ceiling of the vehicle) male wearing a ball cap. He looked to be in his 20's. Did not get a glimpse of the driver.

Again, I am sure it is highly unlikely to be related but was wondering if the ex bfs had out of state ties that would bring them in this direction or whether there was any description available of a possible vehicle involved.

The cousin, Whitney Duncan, appeared in Nashville Star in 2007 and finished in 5th place. The only reason I brought this up to begin with is because she probably has a lot of fans who are helping to spread the word through Twitter and Facebook. I just thought it was beneficial that Holly had someone related to her who is able to generate a bit more publicity about her disappearance.

Just wandering thoughts here, think about lots of other cases that friends, relatives, aquaintances and so forth always give interviews, sound bites, etc. Give a better picture and insight into a victim. Someone is usually always willing to share their information. People have even come on this forum to share. I have not seen one report with people sharing their thoughts and giving insight into the personalities of this family. Don't get me wrong, from what we know the family seems ideal. Just wondering if townfolk have been requested to abstain from talking to media.

Those are great observations. I did see Holly's middle school teacher interviewed on the MSNBC link a couple of pages back. She was out with the searchers. Holly's cousin (the country music singer) has spoken about Holly. I've also seen other articles, etc. that have described her as a wonderful girl, a straight A student who loved to sing and performed in their church. The community turn out that we have seen pretty much confirms to me that Holly and her family are wonderful people and thought of very highly in their community. Her preacher was also on the MSNBC clip earlier and he was so full of tears that it was hard for him to speak to the crowd. Those are just my thoughts. I try not to put too much stock in the family not speaking out because I can only imagine that I would find it incredibly difficult to do that myself if I were in their shoes.

~jmo~

I hesitant to even mention this because it is highly unlikely that it is related...but the reason I ask is this:

Yesterday between 3PM and 4PM I saw a small, white SUV travelling west on I-70 through Kansas. It had TN plates (kicking myself for not getting the number). The reason it caught my attention is because it was travelling faster than the speed limit and weaving in and out of traffic. It cut in really close in front of me. The SUV had a tire mounted on the back. The passenger was a tallish (I am guessing because his head came fairly close to the ceiling of the vehicle) male wearing a ball cap. He looked to be in his 20's. Did not get a glimpse of the driver.

Again, I am sure it is highly unlikely to be related but was wondering if the ex bfs had out of state ties that would bring them in this direction or whether there was any description available of a possible vehicle involved.

Not to say that it couldn't be related but that's pretty much how Tennessean's drive, lol.

Well and I asked last night if the family was at the vigil because with Hailey dunn, little Joshua etc (the only cases i follow REALLY close) they all had family members at the vigils.... still haven't found an answer though..

I really wish LE would give an accurate version of what exactly, if anything, the brother saw. I've read/heard three or four different versions, told five different ways. I think a verification of any of the events that happened outside her home could be very helpful.

Well and I asked last night if the family was at the vigil because with Hailey dunn, little Joshua etc (the only cases i follow REALLY close) they all had family members at the vigils.... still haven't found an answer though..

I believe the mom was at the vigil it was one of the first things posted this morning that i watched it might have been abc....

I am here....running back and forth to the kitchen to make dinner. I mean, really...how come we have to eat all the time?! There's so much more important stuff to do! And how come we have to wear all these clothes? Geez....wash, vacuum, cook, clean, open mail....

In the middle of this vicious cycle my momma called from Atlanta....seems my daddy is having heart palpitations. He has a couple blocked arteries so any irregularity is alarming. They did the EKG in his doctor's office. They can see the heart if out of sync. They told my dad its probably because he drank some caffeine after playing 18 holes of golf.
I think not. He has played golf 3-4 times a week for years....and had caffeine all of his life too. He is headed home....if his heart doesn't calm down, he's going on to the emergency room. Prayers appreciated.

I don't think she is alive; only because too many days have gone by.

You are probably right. I think the only way she might be is if it was a survivalist type guy, and he had an underground hiding place all set up and ready for them. But that is a long shot, imo.

I really wish LE would give an accurate version of what exactly, if anything, the brother saw. I've read/heard three or four different versions, told five different ways. I think a verification of any of the events that happened outside her home could be very helpful.

So, someone please tell me if this is against any rules, please. I was worried about this case, because so often small rural counties are not equipped or trained for this sort of situation. And I have wondered if all the confusion and conflicting information might be because of that. Plus, it seems like every time I see someone camera from the TBI, I have to say they don't come off too well. That bothers me, since I live here. Is it just me?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Glimpses of where the lunch box was found and of the duct tape

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-reward-tripled-75000/story?id=13397819

Thx for the article...

It states that: "Duncan said that she and her family members have been unable to sleep since last Wednesday when Bobo's 25-year-old brother saw a man dressed in camouflage lead Bobo into the woods. Bobo's brother wasn't alarmed until he spotted blood in the driveway. "

If this is accurate...how long before he saw her "lead in the woods" did he come outside and notice the blood? If he knew she was heading to school, why wouldn't he have been alarmed with her heading into the woods...especially if it was someone he didn't recognize? (no accusations...just asking)

The article also stated: "Some of that key evidence includes the 20-year-old nursing student's lunch box found miles from her home. The other evidence being analyzed was found in the woman's driveway and includes blood on the ground and duct tape with blond hair stuck to it."

BBM...they found the duct tape in the driveway? Taking a guess here...but if one was attempting to kidnap someone, the duct tape is typically placed over the mouth. I'm guessing that there was some type of struggle and at some point HB was able to pull the duct tape from her mouth (but there are no reports of hearing her scream) and it fell to the ground as she was being "lead" away. I can't think of a logical reason that a kidnapper would duct tape their victim only to remove the duct tape a few seconds later. IMO.
Just thinking out loud.

So, someone please tell me if this is against any rules, please. I was worried about this case, because so often small rural counties are not equipped or trained for this sort of situation. And I have wondered if all the confusion and conflicting information might be because of that. Plus, it seems like every time I see someone camera from the TBI, I have to say they don't come off too well. That bothers me, since I live here. Is it just me?

Thanks for any thoughts,

My opinion on this is that it is going about as well as most cases I have followed lately. Your officials seem to be orderly and following a cookie cutter approach to the investigation. The media information is as reliable as any I have seen in recent investigations (meaning following from here is really difficult and frustrating!) Its good for the investigation (most times) for LE to be tight-lipped with their information. Makes it a real guessing game for us though.

What I have never seen is such awesome cooperation of the community and the outpouring of aide as searchers. You are so fortunate to live in such a wonderful community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64