TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be taking notes on NG, but it's the kids bedtime, so I'll likely miss parts.

Well good night all,,,I will not see NG because I am off to bed,,4am just comes to early. I will check in the morning for what transpired. I honestly thought Holly would have been found by now with the manpower they have. It is soooo sad, but I still have hope. You just never know.

I can't think of a case where an appeal to the abductor made any difference.
You're probably right but.....would it really "hurt" the case to try? There's always a first time for everything. Long shot I know but nothing else they've been doing has worked so far. I mean who knows? Stranger things have happened.

I've read every thread and it's been quite the task. I'd like to chime in with a few things that just are nagging at me....

1. I know LE and others believe the perp is local. Statistics would say it would be a BF or family member...but I don't know that we see that here. This kidnapping would take some level of planning and intelligence to execute. Thinking logically, I would think that a local community member would realize that it would be incredibly risky to do this. Risk of being seen, a small town, someone knowing something...it just seems too much of a risk for him to take. This doesn't appear to be an "it just happened" crime. It took planning. For this reason, I'm not certain that it is a local.

2. The events of the morning she was kidnapped seem to be lacking for me. I just think there are key pieces missing. Her brother obviously didn't think it was too odd for her to be wandering into the woods with her boyfriend (that's what he first thought). So why would a small amount of blood alarm him enough to call 911? Honestly, if my brother thought I was wandering into the woods with my BF before school and that wasn't odd, I'm not certain he'd make the leap to dial 911 if he saw a little blood in the carport. I think there was something else to alarm him. Did the neighbor who called 911 come over and ask if he heard a scream? Did he call her cell phone and hear something? Did I miss something? Maybe my brother isn't the overpowering protective type, but I can't imagine him calling 911 just after those few things. Lots of blood? yes. My school books strewn all over the ground? maybe. All of these things with something even more unusual (neighbor dropping by, odd cell phone, all call received) yep, probably.

3. She has a lot of Facebook friends. I live in a large metropolitan area with lots of friends, family and collegues as "friends" and I'm just over 200. And I'm a few years older than her...but still not too old to do lots of social networking :) I'm wondering if she played any of the Farmville type games where (as I understand it, since I don't play) you kind of recruit people to help build your farm, mafia, etc. I'm wondering if she could have come into contact with someone that way. And if the person lived out of the area, even if they were a little "odd" or off-putting, she may have felt safe because they would be at a distance.

Those are just some ideas kickin' around my head....

rupa:

raining all day

volunteers still out there looking water and ground searches

tbi leading search.. and today focus on reinterviewing and following up leads

items found... not 100% sure bundle of wet school papers belong

new news: blood... "flecks" of blood found on Bobo lawn

I find the attemped abduction 45 miles away in Jan. extremely interesting. The perp may be trolling colleges for women to kidnap. He could track women at business school as well as comunity college. He could follow them discretly, even hide in their neighborhood learning what time they leave in the morning and when they are most likely alone. Both women were leaving home in the early AM, both going to class, pretty blondes who look alike and live close to the perp. His car was most likey hidden in both cases, both cases he tried to walk them away. They need to get a sketch out right now of the Sullian attempted abduction. Time is wasting.

holly's mother confirmed her lunchbox find

creek area

8 miles away

sorry... typing so fast I couldn't capture what Rupa said: she said despite searchers being out there today led by tbi that tbi was noticably absent today working on leads, etc

I feel that the special announcement will be the addition of more money, possibly bringing the reward to the area of $100,000. Or the formation of a special task force, starting tomorrow. MOO. They would not announce it at a community vigil if it were creepy.

Well Will Nunley tweeted earlier that the family told the sheriff they didnt care what he had to do just bring Holly home...

So maybe they got their permission to make this special statement?!..

Ok I notice from looking at aerial views of the house... its NOT like a house on a street with a short drive way, side walk, neighbors next door. The house is sort of in a clearing with woods all around and is quite a bit back from the road. So seeing someone go into the woods from the house they would have to be quite a bit away. Perhaps 30-40 yards? Not like 50 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans