TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday searchers are taking the day off to be ready for Friday and the weekend? Every day is crucial. Why would they do that?

Because searchers are ignoring their own needs for rest, shelter, water, food. They have been passing out in the field. They need a day, but the only way they will take it is if LE makes them.

Also LE needs a day without civilians and cameras to search some more sensitive areas, MOO.

A lot of resolve??? Wth does that mean? All I see is added confusion, maybe some evidence, retractions, maybe something else...oops sorry, no, we're retracting that too...its insane. And the whole "hey volunteers, go ahead and take tomorrow off, we'll search again Friday" thing? Yes. I understand the need for LE to get their stories straight, er, I mean regroup. But they're wasting an entire day, that's crucial time to waste. Just my opinion. (not venting at you Nurse, lol...just venting due to frustration with this)

There's been no mention of using high tech aerial surveillance that could see the heat signature of a person(s) in the dense woods...

There's been no mention of using high tech aerial surveillance that could see the heat signature of a person(s) in the dense woods...

Yep there was a few nights ago all fireman were asked to report to after dark with their infrared heat seeking devices and then helicopters went up

I have seen reports where they have used it nightly ((sorry don't have a link))

They have been asked by LE to take the day off while LE re-groups and figures out what to do.
while LE figures out what to do???......when you see it typed out like that it sure makes it hard to have faith she'll be found....alive anyway :(. I sure hope LE has more strong leads & a firmer direction than what it seems like right now.

I have no doubt the authorities know what they're doing BUT.....I really wish one (or some of them) would get on the national media and make some kind of appeal to this person that took her/has her. Have them STRESS to the person to just let her go.......even if they capture him at this point.....all he's up on is kidnapping charges (if she's alive). It may not help one bit but to me......it's WORTH A TRY!!!

They've gone around the usual norm (age wise) and put out an Amber Alert for her so WHY NOT try publicly appealing to the guy?

I have no doubt the authorities know what they're doing BUT.....I really wish one (or some of them) would get on the national media and make some kind of appeal to this person that took her/has her. Have them STRESS to the person to just let her go.......even if they capture him at this point.....all he's up on is kidnapping charges. It may not help one bit but to me......it's WORTH A TRY!!!

They've gone around the usual norm (age wise) and put out an Amber Alert so WHY NOT try publicly appealing to guy?

Well probably because whoever did this is a mentally deranged nutcase so what difference would it make?

1. I believe that the day of resting is exactly what they say it is. A day for civilian searchers to rest, and a day for LE to regroup. The timing to me, being just over a week into the search is normal for this type of break. They would not be asking for searchers by the thousand for this weekend if they were calling it off soon. They may have a few areas that they want to search without the risk of the duct tape incident (plastered on all the news sites within minutes due to a loose lipped searcher and the presence of a news camera), but I do think that is all. Nothing more secretive than that.

2. It doesn't matter how big the guy was, it is still possible that it's his blood. If he had a piercing and she ripped it out, that would generate enough blood to drip. If he had an open bladed knife and she fought back, he could have cut himself. In stabbings, it's common to find the perp with a damaged hand, as hands slide down onto blades. Heck, she could even have clocked him in the head, since head wounds bleed like a mother even when they aren't serious.
Until told otherwise, I will hold out hope that it is the perp's blood.

BBM

My feelings seem to change with each new post....:waitasec:

I also do hope it is the perp's blood....does Holly have artificial nails...you can really scratch someone with those...and as far as we know, there wasn't a trail of blood...which i believe would be a good sign...if Holly was bleeding...we have to remember she is studying to be a LPN...

I wholeheartedly understand that the searchers need to rest....they need to be strong and have a clear mind...but I am more hoping that LE has some new, substantial leads they want to follow....ie, knowing who it might be or knowing where they might be...and wanting to "make their move"....

I pray for a positive outcome and I pray that Holly comes home safe.....

JMO

Okay, this video is probably not the most reliable, since it is LT. Blackwill speaking, but the captions says it is Gwyn and it is quoted in the article as Gwyn. Trust me though, that's Blackwill.

4/20/2011
Lt.:
"Rumors just were rampant, you know, all kinds of just off the wall rumors that we had her, and this is very emotional, most of all for the family."
Lt.:
"I know several search parties got the message and didn't come in. They wasted three hours of daylight they could have been searching, because they thought we had found Holly."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/14484239/rumors-run-rampant-as-search-for-holly-bobo-drags-on

For the record, he was p!ssed.

this is my personal thoughts on the blood found (((my personal thoughts)))

-there was enough in significant places to alarm the brother

-they are the result of a knife or a hit (so blood itself or blood mixed with saliva)

just moo

mahmoo said:
I have no doubt the authorities know what they're doing BUT.....I really wish one (or some of them) would get on the national media and make some kind of appeal to this person that took her/has her. Have them STRESS to the person to just let her go.......even if they capture him at this point.....all he's up on is kidnapping charges. It may not help one bit but to me......it's WORTH A TRY!!!

They've gone around the usual norm (age wise) and put out an Amber Alert so WHY NOT try publicly appealing to guy?

Well probably because whoever did this is a mentally deranged nutcase so what difference would it make?
May be but they won't lose ANYTHING trying. It's a 50/50 shot. All it would take is a carefully prepared, short, to the point statement which a good LE PR spokesperson could whip out pretty quick and no doubt....every media outlet within 500 miles (or more) would be ready and waiting to broadcast and/or print it. Would it really hurt the investigation to do that???

They have searched the surrounding area, she's not there. There is no point in burning everyone out aimlessly searching areas, so IMO they are taking the day to re-focus and get some direction so that the searchers can be more useful. I could be totally wrong, but that's what I would do.
At the same time though, while I see then shutting down the searches for the day, all of those people should take to the streets in a 200 mile radius and plaster her poster EVERYWHERE. Stand on the street corner with blown up versions, make sure that everyone in a 200 mile radius knows that she's out there and there is a BIG reward. This is where FB can come in very handy. People can download the poster and then go on and say where they are putting them, so everyone can see what's been saturated and what is weak.

anyone want to think that something (search warrant etc) could be served during all the attention on the vigil?

just throwing that out there

If this man were a mentally deranged nutcase, he would be the first of his kind. Studies have shown that the people(usually men) that commit adult kidnappings are 100%, each and every one of them, completely sane, free of true delusion and psychosis. MOO.

However, I believe that the profile has already told them that appealing to the community for help will tell the perp that he (as a member of the community) is smarter than LE, and that will make him cocky and proud, which is more likely to make him slip him up. I'm sure the perp researched this enough to know what he's facing. If the parents plea did nothing, and LE plea will have similar effect, unless they challenge him. And they don't want to challenge him.

This vigil they are having with the stage, loud speakers, special candles and "special message" creep me out. I dunno why but it really does weight heavy on me. I am VERY glad the FBI and outside authorities are involved in this case!

I can't think of a case where an appeal to the abductor made any difference.

This vigil they are having with the stage, loud speakers, special candles and "special message" creep me out. I dunno why but it really does weight heavy on me. I am VERY glad the FBI and outside authorities are involved in this case!

I know what you mean. I think what bothers me is all the "theories" that point to the perp being part of the community which means he could very well be in attendance.

I feel that the special announcement will be the addition of more money, possibly bringing the reward to the area of $100,000. Or the formation of a special task force, starting tomorrow. MOO. They would not announce it at a community vigil if it were creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal