TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just found out about this case yesterday and have poured over everything here, at
topix, various new sources and blogs. My eyes are gaga at this point.
I am so sorry that after 5 years these girls still haven't been found. It is just incredibly sad.
I wish info would have been posted on this site about the search the Klaas organization came to do, the date the time etc. I think way more people would have turned out to help search. It is a shame that only 40 people searched. I also wish that the other relevant sites would have been searched before 4 years passed. Even if the B's wouldn't agree to have their land searched, vital info may have been found near the gas station or on neighboring properties if an organization like Tim Miller's came in to search early on.

Understandably this case in the beginning was probably very confusing to people. It's only with the passing of time that we have the gift of hindsight. At first it may have appeared that Jenn was running away from an abusive relationship and needed time to sort things out before she contacted family. Although a young girl with no resources and a 2 yr. old couldn't go long before she needed some support.

I have a few questions for anyone that can answer them and then I'll probably take my thoughts to the thread in cold cases as cold cases is where I find myself these days.

Questions:
-has anyone confirmed that J was going to take Jenn on a picnic on Thursday? And if so, where they were supposed to go? Was Nina going with them?
-who did Jenn tell that she and J were going on a picnic on Thursday?
-Did Jenn have dinner with the B family Thursday?
-Did the argument that reportedly took place between Jenn and J happen after dinner on Thursday?
-Jenn spoke a long time to her dad and aunt on Thursday. What did she say? I've read she said there was trouble, but in a phone call that was pretty lengthy she had to say more.
-Has Jeffrey (the cousin who was best friends with J when all this happened) said anything to Jenn's family as to what may have played out with Jenn and J during this time?
-I've read that Nina needed some over the counter medicine the Tuesday before they disappeared. I also read Kathy bought this medicine for them and Jenn and J came to pick it up from Kathy. Was the over the counter medicine Nina needed one that needs to be signed for and this is why Jenn and J could not get it? I guess more directly why did Kathy get the medicine for Nina as opposed to Jenn and J?

Since this case has received much wanted media attention such as AMW, and no leads have resulted then even someone who may initially have thought they ran off, couldn't possibly still think this. Someone would have seen her and Nina. One person can hide more easily than two.
The other thing that really stands out to me is she came to blows (literally) with her sister over wanting to be back with Joey. Her mom and sisters physically barred her from leaving their home and STILL she insisted on going back to him. This alone speaks volumes as to what she would do to be with Joey. It's hard to believe anyone thinks that once she got back there she would willing, without a fight, just walk away from him.

This family is in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping you will get the answers you need.

Here are a bunch of things that may be important and are running through my mind.

-Somewhere it was stated (i think by Mr. B) that Jenn had dinner with the B's the night she disappeared. What did they say happened next? She ate dinner, argued with their son, and then said can I have a ride, Oh and by the way I won't be coming back???

-What was the reason J told LE as to why they stopped or attempted to stop at a store on the way to the gas station where he left her and Nina?

-Did they stop at a store? I read in one place they did and in another that the store was closed.

-What time did J, Jenn, and Nina leave the B house on 3/24? What time did J say he left them at the gas station? And what time did he return back home?

-Were J's parents home when he came back? Did they see him that night after he dropped them off?

-Did anyone come forward saying they saw J the night he dropped of Jenn and Nina (after the time he reportedly dropped them off)?

Over in the Topix just about every poster says they would know about (fill in the blank) because they were the closest with Jen.

And those "closest" have varying opinions as to what Jenn may or may not do.

Is there anyone not related to Jenn or the B Family that was close to Jenn? Someone that maybe the B family and Jenn's family would agree was really close to Jenn. Did she have a friend she could confide in? I mean no disrespect to the family but a girl of 21 doesn't always tell family everything even in the best relationships. And this may be the case here because while Jenn was close with family, she knew they were concerned about her and especially Nina spending time with J. So I don't think she would confide anything to them that would further their disagreement with her about living/spending her time with J.
And then there are people who don't really confide in anyone. Maybe Jenn was like this??
If all these people who claim to be closest are closest with Jenn then she was quite a cameleon. And that too could be a possibility.

The reason I think this is important is the unrelated confidante type person may have information as to places to look.

Were Jenn's journals ever found? I have a sick feeling about the journals and the fire at the party J had just days after Jenn and Nina disappeared. Has the family talked to anyone who attended that party?

Here are a bunch of things that may be important and are running through my mind.

-Somewhere it was stated (i think by Mr. B) that Jenn had dinner with the B's the night she disappeared. What did they say happened next? She ate dinner, argued with their son, and then said can I have a ride, Oh and by the way I won't be coming back??? They have never been very clear on the exact events of the evening, to me at least.

-What was the reason J told LE as to why they stopped or attempted to stop at a store on the way to the gas station where he left her and Nina? Again, he hasn't shared a reason with me, and LE has not shared all the details of his statements to them.

-Did they stop at a store? I read in one place they did and in another that the store was closed. According to the time that he stated they would have stopped, the store was in the process of closing. No one that either LE or myself has spoken with that was working that evening can confirm that they were there.

-What time did J, Jenn, and Nina leave the B house on 3/24? What time did J say he left them at the gas station? And what time did he return back home? They have never given me a time that they left the house, J's father has stated that there was a car accident near his house that day and that it was at that time they left the house and if we wanted to know the time we could research that accident report. J says he left them at the gas station around 9:30 p.m. I believe that his father said that he returned home around 10:30 p.m., if I'm not mistaken that is what he said on topix when asked that question.

-Were J's parents home when he came back? Did they see him that night after he dropped them off? This is unclear........someone should ask him that on topix...........

-Did anyone come forward saying they saw J the night he dropped of Jenn and Nina (after the time he reportedly dropped them off)? Not that I am aware, though someone could have came forward to LE and they have not shared that information.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions. Thank you for your interest in the girls case.

Over in the Topix just about every poster says they would know about (fill in the blank) because they were the closest with Jen.

And those "closest" have varying opinions as to what Jenn may or may not do.

Is there anyone not related to Jenn or the B Family that was close to Jenn? Someone that maybe the B family and Jenn's family would agree was really close to Jenn. Did she have a friend she could confide in? I mean no disrespect to the family but a girl of 21 doesn't always tell family everything even in the best relationships. And this may be the case here because while Jenn was close with family, she knew they were concerned about her and especially Nina spending time with J. So I don't think she would confide anything to them that would further their disagreement with her about living/spending her time with J.
And then there are people who don't really confide in anyone. Maybe Jenn was like this??
If all these people who claim to be closest are closest with Jenn then she was quite a cameleon. And that too could be a possibility.

The reason I think this is important is the unrelated confidante type person may have information as to places to look.

Were Jenn's journals ever found? I have a sick feeling about the journals and the fire at the party J had just days after Jenn and Nina disappeared. Has the family talked to anyone who attended that party?

I totally understand what you are saying here...........the thing is, after Jenn moved in with J, she pretty much shut herself off from her friends. She wasn't working, didn't have a car or a phone of her own and the place she was living with him was very rural and isolated. So, I don't think that she was confiding in anyone. She talked with me, her aunt, her grandmother and her father about some of the troubles she was having with their relationship and her living arrangements with his parents.

Her journals, letters, poems or any writings were never returned with the rest of her belongings. I feel like they were destroyed. The thing is, Jenn would have written about her feelings and things going on in her life. If we had her writings, well........we would probably know what happened and why.

Thanks for your response kholloway. Is there some type of Freedom of Information in this state wherein you can request a basic timeline from LE concerning J's reported whereabouts on 3/24?

I try to keep an open mind and consider all possibilities. Everyone has a story in life, everyone has motivations. And I am a firm believer in the whole, your side, my side, and then there's the truth, or and somethere in between therein lies the truth.
Initially upon reading that the B's don't want searches on their property, I thought ok they could have reasons for that which have nothing to do with Jenn. (even though it's a poor position for them to take) There could be illegal activity going on that again have nothing to do with Jenn. Most likely there is drug activity on the property. Maybe they are growing something, manufacturing something??
However after reviewing the information in totality I find it utterly despicable that the B's have withheld even the most basic information as to the events that took place on 3/24. No matter what their feelings are toward Jenn's family, they should disclose everything they know about the events of 3/24. After all it may just help locate two people they profess to care about. If they are lying and they don't really care about Jenn or Nina then simple human compassion should move them to, in the very least, reveal what happened in their home before Jenn and Nina left.

I'll continue to poke around to try to get some answers. Hoping Jenn and Nina's family will someday get all the answers they need.

I totally understand what you are saying here...........the thing is, after Jenn moved in with J, she pretty much shut herself off from her friends. She wasn't working, didn't have a car or a phone of her own and the place she was living with him was very rural and isolated. So, I don't think that she was confiding in anyone. She talked with me, her aunt, her grandmother and her father about some of the troubles she was having with their relationship and her living arrangements with his parents.

Her journals, letters, poems or any writings were never returned with the rest of her belongings. I feel like they were destroyed. The thing is, Jenn would have written about her feelings and things going on in her life. If we had her writings, well........we would probably know what happened and why.

Isolation is classic in abusive relationships. It makes sense that she didn't have any other contacts.

It breaks my heart that Jenn's writings were not returned to her family.

Is there some type of Freedom of Information in this state wherein you can request a basic timeline from LE concerning J's reported whereabouts on 3/24?

I don't believe the FOI works in cases that are ongoing. It may be that the info doesn't need to be known by the public as far as LE is concerned. It may have pertinance in leading to the killer. It seems that LE holds alot from public in general and from the families of the victim, which is sad for the families.

...which is normal for me...........I dont understand, how this family can prevent LE from searching the grounds.......it seems to me, that wanting to search the grounds gives them probable cause to do so........which in case, depending upon what they present to the judge, a judge could sign a court order allowing the search of hte property without the consent of the people whom live there at the time..............do they still live there?.....all links to this case ive seen are about 4 or 5 years old...........was there any video tape looked at from the gas station, that showed them there, or ws there no camera working at the time?..............................I like to see some pictures, of this family, and the property.........if anyone can providfe a link to them, that would be wonderful............thankyou.

Hi, While I can't answer all of your questions I can answer a few. The only conformation of the "picnic" is what Jen last told her Mom on Wed. As far as if she went, had dinner at the B's on thur. argument...the only way to know any of those things , you would have to trust what the B's said as truth, I think you can see that can't happen. So as far as I know there is no way to know what took place on Thur. at the B's home

Share, Thank you for your interest in Jenn and Nina! I see that Momma has answered some of your questions! I sent a message over to Kathy and hope she can make it over here soon so you can meet her :-) She is a wonderful woman :-)

Yes, they still live there. I don't know why they cannot get a search order for the property? I know there is not a video tape from the Exxon, but I don't know why...whether they didn't retrieve it fast enough or there wasn't one there at all? I'm sure Kathy will be back soon to answer these questions.

Thank you so much for showing interest in this case! It means more to Kathy than you can imagine!

I don't believe the FOI works in cases that are ongoing. It may be that the info doesn't need to be known by the public as far as LE is concerned. It may have pertinance in leading to the killer. It seems that LE holds alot from public in general and from the families of the victim, which is sad for the families.

Thank you so much for posting this! Sometimes I wonder why they don't release more information to Kathy. I know it is only because I want her to feel better....ultimately it is more important for LE to keep things close to the vest if it means finding these girls...I totally agree! It is just sooo hard in the meantime to know her heart is bleeding for answers!

In response to the question about the search warrant.... let's use a hypothetical. Suppose LE suspects strongly that someone is guilty of a crime and is hiding evidence. You would have to have pretty compelling reasons to get a judge to grant a search warrant. Search warrants are also very specific as to exactly what is being searched and what is being looked for. If you were to have a very large area to search and you were not sure exactly where the evidence might be you have a chance of not finding the evidence even though it is there. So you complete the search and find nothing. Now, how hard is it to get a second search warrant? LE will wait and gather information for what seems to the outside world to be a ridiculous amount of time in order to check and double check and make sure that they have ALL the information they need to make charges stick BEFORE they file them. You usually have one chance to build your case and make sure you can win it. Sometimes the law protects the guilty as well as the innocent. You cannot be tried for the same crime twice. Better make sure you have it right the first time.

......i have to leave soon, and wont be back until late tonight.......in the meantime, if someone could post the exact address of this house and property in question, when i get home, i will Google to the address..........i want to see this house and property for myself, so i know better what it is were talking about.............thank you very much.

......i have to leave soon, and wont be back until late tonight.......in the meantime, if someone could post the exact address of this house and property in question, when i get home, i will Google to the address..........i want to see this house and property for myself, so i know better what it is were talking about.............thank you very much.

Jennifer and Adrianna were reported last seen at 6681 Owens Chapel Rd, Springfield, TN

Jennifer and Adrianna were reported last seen at 6681 Owens Chapel Rd, Springfield, TN
thank you for posting............it does not show 6681 and with no street view its fine.....a lot of wooded area on the property......its a lot bigger and vast then i thought it was going to be..........would take awhile to search that area, depending on what area they would be interested in searching.......with other homes in the area, there could be more problem for LE to check the entire area.......would be a massive undertaking to search it all ..........but there's one area i seen on the map, the body of water, due south......I wonder if they need that families consent to search that body of water, or if it resides on another families property, that they could ask and receive permission to search the water there........its a 09 goggle image, so im not sure if that body of water has been there since, or recently put in?

addon...
perhaps its not water??........it looks it like, if its muddy water, or land........Im just not 100 percent on if its water or not?

addon...#2
Is it the first house, from the road, or the second one.......the two are pretty close together, and i cant tell on Google map which one for sure it is............the place seems more like a compound?.......a group of people whom dislike cops, and would not cooperate if had to.......like a pro militant compound?.........
ALL MOO......NOTHING FACTUAL OR FOR CERTAIN.......ALL SPECULATION ON MY PART.

Question:
Jennifer talked to relatives on Thursday. What was the time when she ended the call with the last know relative to talk to her?? Who was that relative??

Who reported her missing and when were police called?

What time and day was, whoever reported her missing, certain she was missing??

I am trying to go over things discounting all info from the Bentons. I just want to know when the last friend/family talked to jenn (time of day) and when someone was certain she was missing. Trying to put together a timeline without the Benton info. Maybe i have missed something because obviously the Benton info isnt 100% truthful, so maybe discounting this info will shed some light I've missed.
Thanks.

Question:
Jennifer talked to relatives on Thursday. What was the time when she ended the call with the last know relative to talk to her?? Who was that relative??

Who reported her missing and when were police called?

What time and day was, whoever reported her missing, certain she was missing??

I am trying to go over things discounting all info from the Bentons. I just want to know when the last friend/family talked to jenn (time of day) and when someone was certain she was missing. Trying to put together a timeline without the Benton info. Maybe i have missed something because obviously the Benton info isnt 100% truthful, so maybe discounting this info will shed some light I've missed.
Thanks.

I do not have access to phone records to give you exact times, but I can tell you the details as I know them, Jennifer's aunt, my sister......was the last person in our family to speak with her, it was approx 1:15 p,m, in the afternoon on Thursday, March 25, 2004.

I reported them missing on Saturday, March 27, 2004. I was very worried that something was terribly wrong on Friday night when she could not be located and her boyfriends stories were not adding up to me. We continued to look everywhere we knew to look until Sat afternoon and decided to call LE and file a report. I regret waiting now, I sometimes wonder if there was something to be found on Fri night had I went on and made the report......would I know where they were today had I not delayed???????

Thank you for your interest in the girls case. There is something that will give us the answers, I just know it...........and it will take people like you taking an interest to find that missing link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here
Back