Found Deceased TN - Jesse Reed, 32, Humphreys County, 5 March 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ellen Reed was not at the search scene Monday and has had little contact with investigators according to Humphreys County Sheriff Chris Davis.

“It’s been minimal to this point,” Davis said of Reed’s cooperation with the investigation. “There was a delay in that, and we’re definitely trying to look at every detail and do the best we can with every bit of it.”

SBM

http://www.wsmv.com/story/37709104/...-wifes-cooperation-with-investigation-minimal

She kept saying 'help me, help me'," Dunaway said. "My daughter opened the door, and she came in and she just sat right down. She didn't fall. She sat, and my daughter immediately called 9-1-1.

"http://fox17.com/news/local/neighbor-describes-calling-911-with-wife-of-missing-nashville-firefighter

I need to do some more digging and my opinion may change.

BBM
There is the 1st problem.
I do see that later she started saying help him.

That's a red flag, and I think she knew it, as do all 911 operaters.

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How far is their lake house from the 'accident'? Because the articles state the neighbor was across from their lake house, and that neighbor saw them leaving at 1030 that night. At 130 AM, his wife goes to the neighbor's house. The article states cellphone can be spotty in that area. BUT, if she was her house, why didn't she go home? I guess maybe there was no other phone at her home? At 130 AM, she's lucky anyone answered the door because I'm not sure I would. And the latest article seems to imply there were two woman at the neighbor's. Now there may be a man there as well, I don't know, but I can say if my daughter and I are home alone, no matter how many guns are here, I'm not answering the door at 130! I may call 911, but I'm not opening the door. It's possible she needed to use a phone, either her cell phone was lost in the accident, or got wet or wasn't getting signal. It's possible the neighbor lives there year round, and has a landline phone because of the spotty cell signal.

But I need to know how far the house is from where the vehicle went in the water. Because I don't think it's a 2hr walk. Nor do I think being out in the cold, and if wet for 2hrs, would be a good idea, especially if you knew the house was close. I haven't heard if the wife had any injuries. There's been nothing reported that says she went to the hospital, or anything. So unless she had a head injury, or some fracture that impeded walking, it is bizarre that at least 2hrs went by before help was summoned.

If he went into the river, if he was ejected from the vehicle but whatever means, then unless his body is caught on something in the river, he should be floating soon. I know his peers know this, and would know what area to keep watching in the river. My fear is he is no where near that accident scene. Perhaps the thinking was he would be considered 'lost' in the river, and considered dead even without a body. Don't know, but something just says he may be in another part of that state all together. From 1030 to 130 is 3 hrs. That's a long time to be anywhere.

JMO...subject to change at a moment's notice. :D

How far is their lake house from the 'accident'? Because the articles state the neighbor was across from their lake house, and that neighbor saw them leaving at 1030 that night. At 130 AM, his wife goes to the neighbor's house. The article states cellphone can be spotty in that area. BUT, if she was her house, why didn't she go home? I guess maybe there was no other phone at her home? At 130 AM, she's lucky anyone answered the door because I'm not sure I would. And the latest article seems to imply there were two woman at the neighbor's. Now there may be a man there as well, I don't know, but I can say if my daughter and I are home alone, no matter how many guns are here, I'm not answering the door at 130! I may call 911, but I'm not opening the door. It's possible she needed to use a phone, either her cell phone was lost in the accident, or got wet or wasn't getting signal. It's possible the neighbor lives there year round, and has a landline phone because of the spotty cell signal.

But I need to know how far the house is from where the vehicle went in the water. Because I don't think it's a 2hr walk. Nor do I think being out in the cold, and if wet for 2hrs, would be a good idea, especially if you knew the house was close. I haven't heard if the wife had any injuries. There's been nothing reported that says she went to the hospital, or anything. So unless she had a head injury, or some fracture that impeded walking, it is bizarre that at least 2hrs went by before help was summoned.

If he went into the river, if he was ejected from the vehicle but whatever means, then unless his body is caught on something in the river, he should be floating soon. I know his peers know this, and would know what area to keep watching in the river. My fear is he is no where near that accident scene. Perhaps the thinking was he would be considered 'lost' in the river, and considered dead even without a body. Don't know, but something just says he may be in another part of that state all together. From 1030 to 130 is 3 hrs. That's a long time to be anywhere.

There's a video of the sheriff speaking where he states the house is very close. The same reporter who posted it said it is walking distance.

ETA: here's the video https://www.facebook.com/burt.staggs/posts/10160191238235038

And it's this post https://www.facebook.com/burt.staggs/posts/10160182919335038 in a comment to SBL the reporter replies on how close the house is

There's a video of the sheriff speaking where he states the house is very close. The same reporter who posted it said it is walking distance.

ETA: here's the video https://www.facebook.com/burt.staggs/posts/10160191238235038

And it's this post https://www.facebook.com/burt.staggs/posts/10160182919335038 in a comment to SBL the reporter replies on how close the house is

I also got these images from the TN Property Viewer website. Highlighted in neon green is the Reeds’ river house. Circled in red is Point Bluff LN, off of which the vehicle was reportedly recovered:

0ab2010fc0d389e83598f9b51b1d25f2.jpg

dcd4fa751cafac934d93a3048de36542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so this is not my first line of thought, but does anyone know what happens with insurance or payout from the fire department etc if the person commits suicide? I’m not suggesting JR did this as many have said he isn’t the type - but playing a little devil’s advocate, would it be at all plausible that ER found JR deceased from possible suicide, and ER knew that if his death was ruled a suicide she wouldn’t get the same payout or support as a widow of someone accidentally killed, so she put him in the river to make it look like an accident? This would explain cadaver dogs hitting on the car suggesting he was passed before he went into the water. Just another line of thinking that I wanted to throw out there. Again it’s not my first thought in terms of what happened...

The reporting on this is so hit or miss. She was in the truck/she wasn’t in the truck. She’s a suspect/she isn’t a suspect. It’s all really weird and contradictory. Something definitely seems off. I hope they are able to locate him so the truth can come out one way or another.

Reed.jpg

Reeds lake house is on Woods Cove; vehicle enteted water at Mason's Boat Dock.

http://www.dailydispatch.com/NationalNews/2018/March/08/Tennessee.firefighter.missing.after.vehicle.plunges.into.river.aspx

HTH

I also got these images from the TN Property Viewer website. Highlighted in neon green is the Reeds’ river house. Circled in red is Point Bluff LN, off of which the vehicle was reportedly recovered:

0ab2010fc0d389e83598f9b51b1d25f2.jpg

dcd4fa751cafac934d93a3048de36542.jpg

I’m sorry for quoting my own post. I just noticed a mistake I made in my previous post, but it’s too late to edit: The correct name of the road off of which the Jeep went into the water is Bluff Point Lane (“Sometime in the early morning hours of March 6th a vehicle traveled into the Tennessee River off of Bluff Point Lane north of Waverly.”) (BBM; Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1568734473244293&id=164445520339869)

WAVERLY, Tenn. - One week after the tragic disappearance of long-time Nashville firefighter Jesse Reed, NewsChannel 5 learned that officials have been looking into the possibility that foul play may have been involved.

snip

Sources also told NewsChannel 5 that officials were looking into the possibility the tragic suicide of Nashville Fire Department EMT Matthew Brooks on March 5 may in some way be connected to all of this.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/questions-surround-disappearance-of-nashville-firefighter

Good to hear that a possible connection is being looked at.

Agreed.

At first, I thought there might have been a triangle of sorts, but now I am also wondering if this is a case of someone taking advantage of EMT Brooks’ suicide as an opportunity to cash in (ugh ... I hate that I’m even thinking this way ...), as in a perp thinking something along the lines of “Jesse’s death can be explained away as someone taking his own life upon learning about the suicide of a friend, coworker and a neighbor.”

Rob Edwards of HCSO said, “We have been told about their relationship and how they were pretty good friends, but a lot of people say Jesse is not the kind of guy who would take his life.”
http://fox17.com/news/local/crews-still-search-for-missing-nashville-firefighter-in-tennessee-river

So who told LE about their relationship? Have they been able to confirm Jesse was even aware of EMT Brooks’ passing?

Ellen Reed was not at the search scene Monday and has had little contact with investigators according to Humphreys County Sheriff Chris Davis.

“It’s been minimal to this point,” Davis said of Reed’s cooperation with the investigation. “There was a delay in that, and we’re definitely trying to look at every detail and do the best we can with every bit of it.”

SBM

http://www.wsmv.com/story/37709104/...-wifes-cooperation-with-investigation-minimal

“She said that they had been riding the trails and that they went off in the river,” Tamera Patrick said. “She was just screaming, ‘My husband, my husband, we’ve got to find him.’ So we called the cops immediately.”

Finally hearing from someone who saw/talked to the wife:

http://fox17.com/news/local/neighbo...11-with-wife-of-missing-nashville-firefighter

This neighbor says she saw them leave at 10:30, at 1:30 wife knocked on her door and sat down and was "in shock" just saying my husband, my husband. Also said the back of the wife's tshirt was wet

Ok, maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but how in the heck was she found in a ditch near where the Jeep went into the water (as has been reported from the start) if she went to the neighbor's house and called 911? I guess maybe she ran back out of the neighbor's house?

“She said that they had been riding the trails and that they went off in the river,” Tamera Patrick said. “She was just screaming, ‘My husband, my husband, we’ve got to find him.’ So we called the cops immediately.”

I missed that! Riding the trails? So basically she said they were just driving around at 10:30 at night? I'm not familiar with the area but seems strange

Ok, maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but how in the heck was she found in a ditch near where the Jeep went into the water (as has been reported from the start) if she went to the neighbor's house and called 911? I guess maybe she ran back out of the neighbor's house?

I was wondering that too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back