Found Deceased TN - Jesse Reed, 32, Humphreys County, 5 March 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if the neighbor actually saw Jesse, himself, in the vehicle when it left the house at 10:30 p.m. It is certainly not clear in anything we have read so far. I think one article stated that she saw them leave. Oh, that's an eyewitness account that you can take to the bank.

I knew I should have gotten screen shots!

I think I figured out where the Jeep went into the water and it's relation to the house.
I could be wrong, but based on a photo from Fox, I think I have it right.
http://fox17.com/news/local/vehicle...iver-in-humphreys-county-person-still-missing
https://earth.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.g...DdMFkJAIXpP5bSn-VXAKg0xNCBXb29kcyBDb3ZlGAEgAQ
07a595d5a1d3ac122c61e7ada3554002.jpg
cf346e95824f4d911f14d953dfc6ca71.jpg
88cc8564c7bfe0a850705e6c2d4ab846.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Honestly if poo ever hit the fan in my life I would probably delete my fb too. Like the second I started getting crazy messages from people. Sometimes LE even recommend doing that in order to slow rumors and prevent threats. I don’t think that’s too abnormal.

Just thinking out loud here, because it’s crossed my mind. What if they learned of their friends passing, had some drinks then decided to go for a drive to calm down and talk it over. Maybe they had more to drink then she admitted too and he went off the road. Having the windows down while cruising around (even in colder weather) isn’t too crazy. She bailed out of the car, he didn’t. She either was in shock, too drunk or did have a head injury which caused the delay and weird behavior after. Not saying that’s what happened but maybe? I can’t explain the no pants thing though. Hahaha maybe they were drunk and getting frisky? Maybe even while driving? Just random thoughts.

Also If the kids are still living at home they might have an idea of what the situation was before they went out for a drive. Was Jesse there even? Were they drunk? Upset? They may have some insight.

My first thought when seeing these pics was "I bet a lot of intoxicated people have driven right into that water."

Well I hope LE can sort this out cuz frankly what little we do know isn't making sense. Most important of course is that Jesse is found.

LE really needs to clear up the 2 hr. timeline because that alone is highly suspect.

Dumb question, but wonder if he was wearing a seat belt. If so, he had to have been coherent enough to unfasten it before he got out of the vehicle when it went into the water. I just don't know. Was the current so swift that it carried him out and he couldn't swim to the river bank? I just can't reconcile the fact that she got out, unharmed, while he presumably drowned.

Glad he was found. I hope the they will release more info now to clear things up a bit.

At least his body was recovered and an autopsy can be done.
Prayers to all his family and friends.
Moo

I have a question for those here who are familiar with post-mortem issues...if Jesse had any chemicals in his system when he went into the water, can they still be found on a toxicology test at this point? Of course the body itself stops processing drugs or alcohol when it dies, but do those chemicals oxidize/disappear as a body decomposes?

ETA I'm not implying Jesse was willfully intoxicated, I'm wondering if substances he might have been given will still show up on toxicology.

Dumb question, but wonder if he was wearing a seat belt. If so, he had to have been coherent enough to unfasten it before he got out of the vehicle when it went into the water. I just don't know. Was the current so swift that it carried him out and he couldn't swim to the river bank? I just can't reconcile the fact that she got out, unharmed, while he presumably drowned.
IMO there no way he went into the water alive!
He is a Marine and EMT/Firefighter.
Autopsy will tell his story.

IMO there no way he went into the water alive!
He is a Marine and EMT/Firefighter.
Autopsy will tell his story.

Thank you! It's not just me, then. Maybe I'll be dining on crow later, but things do not add up!

I have a question for those here who are familiar with post-mortem issues...if Jesse had any chemicals in his system when he went into the water, can they still be found on a toxicology test at this point? Of course the body itself stops processing drugs or alcohol when it dies, but do those chemicals oxidize/disappear as a body decomposes?

ETA I'm not implying Jesse was willfully intoxicated, I'm wondering if substances he might have been given will still show up on toxicology.

Yes they can, see the recent case of Adam Gilbertson. I hope they use fairly extensive testing, as ketamine and a few other things aren't on common drug test panels. I can't say anything about the tests they use because I'm no expert and don't know. Adam's body was in the water a long time before discovery and they successfully ran tox on him.

Yes they can, see the recent case of Adam Gilbertson. I hope they use fairly extensive testing, as ketamine and a few other things aren't on common drug test panels. I can't say anything about the tests they use because I'm no expert and don't know. Adam's body was in the water a long time before discovery and they successfully ran tox on him.

Very good to know this. Thank you.

Fantastic, I'll look Adam up.

Thank you for your answer, which happens to be exactly the answer I was hoping for. ;)

Wow, Adam was in the water for almost a month and they were able to identify what was in his system. That's encouraging as far as seeking answers for the deceased, but I'm so very sorry for his family's loss.

Wow! Thanks for the update. RIP Jesse :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back