Found Deceased TN - Jesse Reed, 32, Humphreys County, 5 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The 2 deaths, one missing man, and the mayor quit. Does it tie in? Or just strange things happening?

Where is the wife? Home, in custody, or in hospital? Why the secrecy?

Direct quote from Rob Edwards with the Humphrey’s County Sheriff’s Office:

“Also puzzling investigators is that Reed’s wife was found alive in a ditch near where her husband's truck went into the river.

‘The female said the car was in the water, and that her husband was in it and needs help,’ Edwards said.” (BBM)

http://fox17.com/news/local/crews-still-search-for-missing-nashville-firefighter-in-tennessee-river

Thank you! I looked all over and could not find it

I'm just going to sit on my hands.
Prayers Jesse is found soon.

Proof that there is so little to "comb" through in order to find something in media!

Hmmm, anything that can tie these three deaths together? Three suicides? I need to try and re read through those articles again and sort things out. That might take a bit.

I doubt there is any link between these deaths. I am local, and while they have not released what exactly happened to the officer in Dekalb County, it is known he drove off the highway into the creek. He was on his way home after working a night shift, and it would not surprise me that he fell asleep at the wheel. The creek was high because this area of Tennessee experienced one of the wettest Februarys on record.

The officer who died in KY, died in a flooded field. Again, not far from the areas of TN that have had massive amounts of rain in the near recent past. Because of the amounts of rain we have had, many areas that typically do not flood have flooded.

Keep in mind, if Jesse is in the river, this might be a factor in why he has not been located. Yesterday alone, from around 3 pm until today, we have had about an inch of rain topped by about an inch of snow. Last month we had over 12” of rain.

The 2 deaths, one missing man, and the mayor quit. Does it tie in? Or just strange things happening?

I doubt strongly that this had anything to do with Mayor Barry’s resignation. It has been well published what brought that on.

I doubt there is any link between these deaths. I am local, and while they have not released what exactly happened to the officer in Dekalb County, it is known he drove off the highway into the creek. He was on his way home after working a night shift, and it would not surprise me that he fell asleep at the wheel. The creek was high because this area of Tennessee experienced one of the wettest Februarys on record.

The officer who died in KY, died in a flooded field. Again, not far from the areas of TN that have had massive amounts of rain in the near recent past. Because of the amounts of rain we have had, many areas that typically do not flood have flooded.

Keep in mind, if Jesse is in the river, this might be a factor in why he has not been located. Yesterday alone, from around 3 pm until today, we have had about an inch of rain topped by about an inch of snow. Last month we had over 12” of rain.
On that day the rain was intense, Brook's friend posted that last memory will be of them in the parking lot leaving work, friend hated insects, and there was playful laughter; and hiding behind the chief's car. Very sad, it was on fb. Any deer on that road, I'd now like to know if there is front end damage.

Is Brook's death listed as suicide or natural death?

Thank you for the local insight! What do you think happened?

Hmmm, anything that can tie these three deaths together? Three suicides? I need to try and re read through those articles again and sort things out. That might take a bit.

I do not believe the deaths of the Dekalb Co. and KY officers (RIP) are related to Jesse’s case.

As for the passing of the Nashville Fire Department Medic Matthew Brooks, who was found deceased at his home “(h)ours before” Jesse’s Jeep went into the water, the cases may be related, IMO, as in maybe there was something that happened that lead to both Mr. Brooks’ death and Jesse’s disappearance, or perhaps Matthew’s death precipitated whatever happened to Jesse.

For reference, here is some information regarding Matthew’s death:

“Investigators plan to pick up the search for Reed's body in the river tomorrow morning. They’re also wondering if the recent passing of Matthew Brooks, his good friend, neighbor, and fellow Nashville Fire Department medic, is the reason Reed may be in danger or worse.

‘It’s a very strange case,’ Edwards said. ‘We have been told about their relationship and how they were pretty good friends, but a lot of people say Jesse is not the kind of guy who would take his life.’

[The above statement from Mr. Edwards makes me wonder who told him about their relationship. It appears, IMO, that Mr. Edwards has been lead to believe -based on what he has been told- Jesse was indeed aware of Matthew’s passing, and that he was quite distraught over it.]

Nashville Firefighters Union President Mark Young said it’s been a tough week for the Department.

‘If you lose anybody, it’s tough but especially two within a few hours of each other,’ Young said. ‘It’s kind of strange, I don’t know. All I know is we lost two good guys, and we’re hurting and we’re going to miss them. Hopefully if Jesse’s here, we’ll bring him in and get closure.’

The Firefighters Union said there was no foul play in the death of Matthew Brooks.” (BBM)

http://fox17.com/news/local/crews-still-search-for-missing-nashville-firefighter-in-tennessee-river

“Hours before the truck went into the water, Nashville Fire Department Medic Matthew Brooks was found dead in his home. Reed and Brooks were good friends, neighbors and coworkers at the NFD. Foul play is not suspected in Brooks' death.

‘Jesse was a Marine, served our country and came home and decided to work in a life of public service,’ said Rob Edward with the HCSO. ‘He's been exposed to a lot of things, a lot of trauma in his life, and most of the time we can handle that. So hopefully the loss of life from a friend didn't effect him that way hopefully.’

Brooks and Reed lived on the same street in Pegram. Brooks' uncle Jeff Carter said he has no knowledge of his nephew and Brooks’ [as pointed out by another poster upthread, this should read “Reed’s,” instead] friendship, doubting if there was even one at all.

‘I think it was pure coincidence that they both had to have some kind of tragic accident,’ Carter said. ‘Something happened close together on the same day.’”
http://fox17.com/news/local/day-3-crews-search-for-missing-nashville-firefighter-in-tennessee-river

Matthew’s obituary (RIP):
http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/tennessean/obituary.aspx?n=&pid=188388402&referrer=0&preview=True

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back