Found Deceased TN - Jesse Reed, 32, Humphreys County, 5 March 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From this article Monday BUT late Monday night/early Tuesday morning. When the incident occurred and when 911 was called I "believe" I read it was 2 hours.

Yep, that reporter Burt Skaggs I think? Reported up to two hours before 911 call

Yep, that reporter Burt Skaggs I think? Reported up to two hours before 911 call
Was she unconscious? I wonder if she called from her cell? Not wet? Or walked/ran somewhere after not finding him?

ETA Well shoot I forgot she was found in a ditch nearby.

From this link: http://fox17.com/news/local/crews-sa...water-currents

The Humphreys Co Sheriff’s Office said they found Reed’s wife alive in a ditch near where her husband’s truck went into the water.

Of course "alive" covers a multitude of things. Conscious, unconscious, injured etc. I did see on one of the links that she is co-operating with police.

Just to toss a thought out, things sometimes appear hinky because someone is trying to protect the victim(s), not just themselves. People get funny about admitting affairs, mental health issues, other problems they feel will damage their own or the victim's reputation. So the wife might think it's 'unimportant' why Jesse ended up in the water because all that matters to her is, Jesse is in the water - for example if it is linked to Brooks suicide, maybe Jesse got drunk and tried to drive off, she tried to stop him (windows down because they were talking) and in anger/distress he accelerates away and goes into the water.

Not saying I think that's what happened here, but just something I always like to have in mind. Also might be worth noting that one of the Facebook reporters commented this was an "unprecendented" third loss to the first responder community in the area in recent weeks.

This was posted by the local sheriff’s office at 12:27pm on Wed., Mar. 7th:

“The Humphreys County Sheriff's Office, has been working a vehicle in the water beginning around 1:30am on March 6th. We have had additional resources from THP, Humphreys County Fire, Montgomery Rescue Squad along with several other area agencies. Sometime in the early morning hours of March 6th a vehicle traveled into the Tennessee River off of Bluff Point Lane north of Waverly. Deputies arrived to find the car had already submerged and they were unable to locate it. Additional resources were requested to aid in the search.

The driver of the vehicle is believed to be Jesse Reed who is a Firefighter/Paramedic with Nashville Fire Department. Around noon on March 6th we have recovered the vehicle from the water. We have not located Jesse at this time. It is entirely possible that Jesse was not in the vehicle and is currently a missing person. HCSO has been in constant contact with Nashville Fire Department and Cheatham EMS as Jesse works for both. Sheriff Davis said, "This has been a group effort to locate Jesse. He is part of the public safety family and having Nashville Fire and Cheatham EMS on scene has been beneficial." If you have any information about Jesse's whereabouts, please contact HCSO at 931-296-2301.” (BBM)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1568734473244293&id=164445520339869

I do wonder what the third loss is(within a week)?

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends as they search and wait for news on Jesse.

I feel like I have entered another dimension trying to sort out what may or may not have happened :gaah:

I feel like I have entered another dimension trying to sort out what may or may not have happened :gaah:

Seriously- it's hard to believe anything as a fact at this point.

Do they know for a fact he was in that car?

This article has the addresses of the locations where the search warrants were located:

“NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Humphreys Co. Sheriff Chris Davis and authorities with TBI confirmed search warrants have been executed for two residences in the area as part of an ongoing for Nashville firefighter Jesse Reed along the Tennessee River in Humphreys County. According to the sheriff's office, the search for Reed's vehicle began around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Around 10:30 p.m. Friday, TBI Special Agents began executing a search warrant at 535 Bluff View Drive in Pegram. Another warrant was also executed at 14 Woods Cove in Waverly.”

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/3766806...ing-nashville-firefighter-in-humphreys-county

“The Humphreys County Sheriff's Office, has been working a vehicle in the water beginning around 1:30am on March 6th. We have had additional resources from THP, Humphreys County Fire, Montgomery Rescue Squad along with several other area agencies. Sometime in the early morning hours of March 6th a vehicle traveled into the Tennessee River off of Bluff Point Lane north of Waverly. Deputies arrived to find the car had already submerged and they were unable to locate it. Additional resources were requested to aid in the search.

The driver of the vehicle is believed to be Jesse Reed who is a Firefighter/Paramedic with Nashville Fire Department. Around noon on March 6th we have recovered the vehicle from the water. We have not located Jesse at this time. It is entirely possible that Jesse was not in the vehicle and is currently a missing person. HCSO has been in constant contact with Nashville Fire Department and Cheatham EMS as Jesse works for both. Sheriff Davis said, "This has been a group effort to locate Jesse. He is part of the public safety family and having Nashville Fire and Cheatham EMS on scene has been beneficial." If you have any information about Jesse's whereabouts, please contact HCSO at 931-296-2301.” (BBM)

AAAhhhh, perhaps if I had re read your post here I would have had my question answered. So they have no proof he was in the truck. Hinky meter has been blaring even before I re-read your post.

Does anyone know how easy it would be to go into the river from the road at that location?

If there were not 2 search warrants I think my hinky meter would not be so hinky. Unless the wife was knocked out would she not know if her husband was in the water or not? Why the 2 hr. delay in reporting.

Report several pages back stated 2 cadaver dogs alerted on the water?????

Colour Me Confused. Hinky meter alerting at full tilt.

Hmmmmm? Sitting on hands. :confused::confused:

If there were not 2 search warrants I think my hinky meter would not be so hinky. Unless the wife was knocked out would she not know if her husband was in the water or not? Why the 2 hr. delay in reporting.

I read somewhere (one or the reporters on FB I believe) that when they got to the scene the wife said "my husband is in the car he needs help" I'll try to find it

If he wanted to disappear himself why involve the wife? And also to add why TBI involved???

If he wanted to disappear himself why involve the wife? And also to add why TBI involved???

I wondered about the TBI involvement myself. I also read an article that I won't even try to find that stated that the vehicle went into a creek -- rather than directly into the River. I shouldn't even mention that, though, since I don't have the link. But ... it's too late now!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back