TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipped:
I don't understand why there was no visible connection before... but now it is all over the place.
Am I missing something? I feel like I am missing a huge part of the puzzle here. :waitasec:

I think we all are. This case has more twists and turns than the road to Hana.

Well, I didn't get any housework done today and tomorrow is the Powell trial...and hopefully AM will be in custody. Good night all....and I'll keep the ladies and their families in my prayers for conclusion of this nightmare.

De Soto co. MS but all is quite now maybe false alarm!

I don't know if you normally listen to the scanner or not, but it can be a rather frustrating experience. :what:

Missing child reported... did they find them? I guess so since they aren't on the news? :banghead:
We will hear a sighting of the missing child we are looking for and then never hear any type of follow up. Did they check it out? No clue. :banghead:

So this could have been a false alarm... or, if it was NOT a false alarm, they may have gone to a private channel so that WE can't listen.
How RUDE is that. (Sarcasm) :seeya:

(We could probably use a scanner thread for this case if anyone wants to keep listening to it later today??)

Okay... there is one thing I'm still not understanding here.

So... I had come to the very logical conclusion that these three girls shared a Dad, because they all have one last name.
I figured that he had adopted the two older because of the name and because he had been around for 11+ years of their 12 and 14 years.

The biological father of the older 2 did not have their picture on his facebook page until they went missing.

There was a "family picture" of his family from 2012, with no mention of Alexandria and Adrienne... just his 3 young girls.

The girls facebooks do not mention him, or have him or his family as a friend... just the current husband who's last name they have.
So I saw no indication there was another father in the picture.

I don't understand why there was no visible connection before... but now it is all over the place.
Am I missing something? I feel like I am missing a huge part of the puzzle here. :waitasec:

I've been talking to bio-dad on FB, and he is father to Alexandria and Adrienne just as you have stated, but the youngest child, Kyliyah, belongs to GB. GB has been the only father these girls have known, so he adopted them and gave them his last name. Hope that helps.

Thorough article that covers most everything. Two pages.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...ged_kidnapper_of_mom_3_girls_was_no_stranger/

It says Mayes spent the night with the Bains to help with the move to Arizona. GB wakes up late and they are gone.
Could Mayes have been caught by Joann molesting a child and he kidnapped them?
Did he plan this and waited for GB to go to sleep?
I don't think Joann would have chose that way to run off with Mayes. I'm thinking Mayes did plan this. Besides, he must have had a weapon to get them to abandon the truck. He most likely would have brought that with him.

Well, I didn't get any housework done today and tomorrow is the Powell trial...and hopefully AM will be in custody. Good night all....and I'll keep the ladies and their families in my prayers for conclusion of this nightmare.

And defense closing arguments for the Victoria (Tori) Stafford case...and I'm heading out of town.

Hoping for some good news for the Bain family when I check in later!!

If the JB is deceased and the eldest .. what reason does he have to keep the little ones alive.

I really can not think of any reason a man. family friend or not would take off with two little girls without sexual intent involved. I still go back to my rule of thumb any man who takes such an interest in little girls is up to no good.. a family friend, trusted, hung out with the girls who are not his children.. red flag to me. I am NOT blaming the mother at all for all I know that could be a reason or secret reason she was moving? I just do not believe that a grown man is so involved and close with little girls for ANY reason other than no good. It is said he thought of them as very close or as daughter.. well that is not natural.. not a one of our family or male friends think of my kids as a daughter, they merly think of them as family or a nice kid.. nothing more.. to the extent that some would say ohhh.. he loves them etc... again red flag to me before this happened.

If he was mad at the family or the mother.. why not kill her and flee.. why the two girls..little chance of him turning himself in and using the girls to bargin with.. he is not going to turn himself in.. Absolutly no reason that he would have anything to gain from it.

I just pray that he just drop the girls off anywhere if they are still alive.. side of road where no camera's.. just somewhere. Then he can flee or take his life.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...ged_kidnapper_of_mom_3_girls_was_no_stranger/

It says Mayes spent the night with the Bains to help with the move to Arizona. GB wakes up late and they are gone.
I don't think Joann would have chose that way to run off with Mayes. I'm thinking Mayes did plan this. Besides, he must have had a weapon to get them to abandon the truck. He most likely would have brought that with him.

Thanks for the link. So the dad was home when Mayes allegedly kidnapped the 4 and he didn't hear a thing? Where was mom sleeping?

How did this guy know this family anyway? He's from Mississippi and they're in Tennessee?

I think your theory makes sense. Mayes was probably obsessed with one or more of the girls. Mom may have heard something and walked in on Mayes. If he was armed, I can see how he ended up having control of all 4.

What a sad case :(

Thanks for the link. So the dad was home when Mayes allegedly kidnapped the 4 and he didn't hear a thing? Where was mom sleeping?

How did this guy know this family anyway? He's from Mississippi and they're in Tennessee?

I think your theory makes sense. Mayes was probably obsessed with one or more of the girls. Mom may have heard something and walked in on Mayes. If he was armed, I can see how he ended up having control of all 4.

What a sad case :(

Mayes is always identified as a close family friend. Some have said he is an ex brother in law to GB. LE says he has ties to MS TN FL and NC and SC. It is extremely difficult to figure out what kind of relationship he had with this family to be so close to these girls.

Why stay the night to help them move? I know it is reasosnable that a person would do so.. It is also reasonable that a molestor would want one more or as many acts of sexual conduct/molestation possible before they moved.

One step further, perhaps obsessed with one of the little ones and rather see them all dead than have them leave him. I tend to think the little one was being molested by him.
Perhaps the eldest girl caught him and told her mom that night?

I am curious if he stayed the few nights before then, or if they were in a location that he was with him the previous days.

This article states that GB's eldest daughter and granddaughter were staying the night that evening as well. 8 people total in the house that night.

Just had a thought. Maybe he got up and went with Joann to take the girls to school and then pulled the kidnapping. That would have been the safest for him since he would not risk disturbing the others in the house. And it would have gotten him alone with the girls.

If he is the ex brother in law why is he still hanging around and has the ex wife this mans sister made any statements?

If the JB is deceased and the eldest .. what reason does he have to keep the little ones alive.

I really can not think of any reason a man. family friend or not would take off with two little girls without sexual intent involved. I still go back to my rule of thumb any man who takes such an interest in little girls is up to no good.. a family friend, trusted, hung out with the girls who are not his children.. red flag to me. I am NOT blaming the mother at all for all I know that could be a reason or secret reason she was moving? I just do not believe that a grown man is so involved and close with little girls for ANY reason other than no good. It is said he thought of them as very close or as daughter.. well that is not natural.. not a one of our family or male friends think of my kids as a daughter, they merly think of them as family or a nice kid.. nothing more.. to the extent that some would say ohhh.. he loves them etc... again red flag to me before this happened.

If he was mad at the family or the mother.. why not kill her and flee.. why the two girls..little chance of him turning himself in and using the girls to bargin with.. he is not going to turn himself in.. Absolutly no reason that he would have anything to gain from it.

I just pray that he just drop the girls off anywhere if they are still alive.. side of road where no camera's.. just somewhere. Then he can flee or take his life.

I agree with you to a point, and don't understand this guy kidnapping the girls unless he is delusional and thinks all of them are his.
However, I disagree about there being no reason for any man to feel so close to a friend's or relative's daughter(s) other than sexual. I've personally known of a situation like this, and the man would have cut off his own hand if he even accidentally harmed the girls. Sometimes it's just hard to see, but not every man in the world is a predator, there are decent guys out there who just love kids but would never think of them in that way.

Why stay the night to help them move? I know it is reasosnable that a person would do so.. It is also reasonable that a molestor would want one more or as many acts of sexual conduct/molestation possible before they moved.

One step further, perhaps obsessed with one of the little ones and rather see them all dead than have them leave him. I tend to think the little one was being molested by him.

I am curious if he stayed the few nights before then, or if they were in a location that he was with him the previous days.

"Mayes is a family friend who was staying there that night to help the family pack and drive a U-Haul to Arizona the next day with Gary because the family was planning on moving there within the month

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...XFh9Vw?docId=d4a89bf4ae2842979086c96059bac774

On Friday, the TBI reported that the girls were with Mayes in Mississippi, but there was no evidence that a crime had been committed.

Friday is April 27th the day of the disappearance, alleged abduction. So it sounds like he headed immediately for Mississippi after the alleged abduction. If no sign of a crime was evident at that time, that could be why GB made the comment initially that JB should call, let LE put eyes on them and it could be over or something along those lines. I found that comment hinky when I read it in the beginning, but at that time I think it was a thought in GB mind as well as possibly LE mind that possibly JB left under her own volition. I believe after the false statement from AM, that they realized they may have a criminal situation on their hands...IMHO

I tend to think if he molested one he molested all on some level. The oldest one might have been trying to protect her little sister ,now that she is older and knows that what he has been doing is wrong. She might have been resisting him thinking he liked her and she was his target and then reacted when she suspected he "liked '' them all and they were all targets. All speculation of course ,I hope he had some other motive besides that ,not that it would make it much better in this case but I hate to think about how bad the case could /may end. I hope the younger girls did not witness the trash burning or the murder of the two people they found in his parents yard.

How did he have time to do this and hide these kids while living in his parents home and where were they when he was burning trash?

I tend to think if he molested one he molested all on some level. The oldest one might have been trying to protect her little sister ,now that she is older and knows that what he has been doing is wrong. She might have been resisting him thinking he liked her and she was his target and then reacted when she suspected he "liked '' them all and they were all targets. All speculation of course ,I hope he had some other motive besides that ,not that it would make it much better in this case but I hate to think about how bad the case could /may end. I hope the younger girls did not witness the trash burning or the murder of the two people they found in his parents yard.

How did he have time to do this and hide these kids while living in his parents home and where were they when he was burning trash?

Could they be the 2 dead ppl!
or at least one of them could be if they think the mom JB is one of them.
Very strange.

It says "Mayes spent the night with the Bains to help with the move to Arizona. GB wakes up late and they are gone"

Per above atricle:

"Mayes is a family friend who was staying there that night to help the family pack and drive a U-Haul to Arizona the next day with Gary because the family was planning on moving there within the month," Helm said. "Gary was asleep at the home that night and woke to find them gone in the morning and the car gone. Mayes was gone too."

my question or concen on the above quote:
they were to move within the month, uhaul ready to go that morning? How many trips were they to travel across county until all belongings were moved? It makes more sence financially to hire a moving company. Several trips in a uhaul would add up quickly financially if it were more than a few trips.
( I guess my statement isnt THAT revelant but leads to my next quote and question) were the kids to finish the school year at current school?
I wonder if family members have explained that to LE.. what was the exact plan on moving.. how many trips.. why did Mayes pick this trip if they were to come back... unless somthing went terribly wrong (caught molesting the girls)

Again per above article
very odd to me:

"Gary Bain woke up after the kids typically went to school so he didn't expect to see them, Helm said. But then he tried calling his wife on her cell phone during the day and couldn't reach her"

My concern is
If they were not to travel to Arizona to move belongings.. I wonder if JB intented to drive that uhaul with husband.. I odnt see a 60yr old man driving across county alone or any age..I would have someone with me to share driving. With that being said, was there more than one call made to JB to question when they are leaving and make final plans for the drive, and inquire. What time were they planning on driving.. after school?

I wonder if GB called Mayes also to ask if they were with him being his car was gone also? Logic says if car missing and Mayes missing I would be calling his phone also to ask if knew where wife was?

I would also like to know the bodies that were found, were they in sleep clothes..which would indicate woke up in middle of night... or if in day clothes did he leave with them, or perhaps lure them to a breakfast or somewhere to carry out a plan?

I really want to know what clothing the bodies were wearing.. will give alot of insite as to possibly getting a time frame correct.

just questions that may not give clues, but somthing if I were LE that I most certainly would be investigating.. which i am sure they are.

Ok!
they had moved already and had come back to get some things so my guess is this guy was upset that they left in the first place and this time was taking this family for himself,
he was not going to let them go again so he take JB and the girls Mom resists and maybe older daughter he kills them taking the other daughters with him. JMO
and JMThoughts

I hope they find him

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77