TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He apparently knows the area. If he was sited at that church, it looks like he may be headed toward his x's house. I'm still wondering why I couldn't/can't find an addy for him or his parents in MS. ?? Especially if they have been there for 2 yrs.
Maybe because they are renting? Would that make it harder to find them?

Oh, this is not good... Daily Mail is reporting the bodies are Jo Ann & one of the girls. This is the headline: Body of missing mother 'found alongside one of her children'... but where are the other two daughters/

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ngside-children--daughters.html#ixzz1uA9RJMCH

Thing is, the Daily Mail fails to back that up with a specific quote in the story. Not sure what to think. Daily Mail is a UK-based msm newspaper, and I find it very often has details about US cases that US media doesn't print, for whatever reason. There have been times when they've reported on details I've never seen elsewhere - or as early in the news cycle.

Not sure about this one. Guess it is a wait & see. They might release the identification of the victims in tomorrow.

I've read the weather is bad (thunderstorms) so he's uncomfortable if he's out in it. Which makes me wonder if he's been in the military? Most of all....where are the females if he's hiding out in the woods?

DeSoto County scanner link: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=cwp&ctid=1413

Map of all counties in MS: http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/county-map/mississippi.shtml[/QUOTE

It is possible there are deer camps in those mountains (extra large hills to those from real mountain country). Big deer hunters in the area. There may be shelter.

Definitely deer camps, lake cabins, abandoned homes, and rural occupied homes. No mountains in the whole state; only hills.

This man's physical appearance is too unique for him to hide for long.

This cites a quote from Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120506/NEWS/120509812

Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards told FOX News Channel Sunday that the two bodies have not yet been positively identified, but one was believed to be 31-year-old Jo Ann Bain.

And:
The FBI and US Marshals joined Union County Sheriff's deputies in their search for Mayes Sunday in a 10-square-mile section of northeastern Union County. Edwards said police had no indications that he had left the area.

I'm trying to figure out if that is just a generic plea for information, or does it read as if they think someone has specific information or has helped?

What do you guys think?

We know that Adam Mayes spoke to LE after Joann and her children disappeared.

Where were they while he was lying to LE?

One theory would be that it started off as a voluntary disappearance that went terribly wrong for Joann.

I don't buy that. Just doesn't feel right to me.

If I'm correct, they were being held somewhere while AM lied to LE. Did he have them restrained somewhere?

If so, where? Did someone provide a place for him without realising what he was going to use it for or something along those ines?

If so, then I'm betting LE wants very, very badly to talk to that person.

It would be much better for that person to come forward voluntarily than to be found via LE efforts. I think there's a good chance they will be treated as a witness if they come forward very soon; if they have to be tracked down, I'm betting there will be criminal charges involved.

This cites a quote from Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120506/NEWS/120509812

And:

If the two bodies are JB and one of the girls, where are Mayes parents and wife who lived in the home? I wouldn't think he would take them with him, but maybe? This is a horrifying situation
icon9.gif

Oh, this is not good... Daily Mail is reporting the bodies are Jo Ann & one of the girls. This is the headline: Body of missing mother 'found alongside one of her children'... but where are the other two daughters/

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ngside-children--daughters.html#ixzz1uA9RJMCH

Thing is, the Daily Mail fails to back that up with a specific quote in the story. Not sure what to think. Daily Mail is a UK-based msm newspaper, and I find it very often has details about US cases that US media doesn't print, for whatever reason. There have been times when they've reported on details I've never seen elsewhere - or as early in the news cycle.

Not sure about this one. Guess it is a wait & see. They might release the identification of the victims in tomorrow.

I think this matches the reaction of the girls' biodad on his FB page. He had been asking everyone to please help find them, post photos, etc. but then this evening he suddenly said thanks to everyone, didn't feel like talking about it, needed to deal with it his own way. It sounded like he had heard some very bad, very final news.

And yes, Daily Mail is my number one news source because the news gets reported there first, even U.S. news, strangely enough.

Maybe because they are renting? Would that make it harder to find them?

Should be available if they pay utilities or taxes? Maybe landlord pays utilities?

I did a "drive" down Hwy 9 this morning from Alpine south to the next big intersection. There is a place; towing, auction or used vehicle sales on that hwy. Also noticed almost everyone that lives on that road has a red or maroon pick-up! LOL

I think this matches the reaction of the girls' biodad on his FB page. He had been asking everyone to please help find them, post photos, etc. but then this evening he suddenly said thanks to everyone, didn't feel like talking about it, needed to deal with it his own way. It sounded like he had heard some very bad, very final news.

And yes, Daily Mail is my number one news source because the news gets reported there first, even U.S. news, strangely enough.

And a friend of Joanns posted on her facebook that she was headed there because her friend and the 14 yo had been killed and the "cold b@st@rd" still had the other two girls.

It was reported earlier that 2 of the girls had asthma. That was the cited reason they were moving back to Arizona. He is going to have to have inhalers. Where would someone on the run get inhalers? Break in a pharmacy? Break in on someone elderly?

Stress and anxiety can trigger an asthma attack. These children have got to be stressed.

I've known several military men with a medical discharge (chemical imbalance of the brain, as it were) that, due to their medical condition, were not very spit or polished. Not saying that is the case here, just that it could be possible.

You're absolutely right.

I regretted typing that out as stereotyping right after I wrote it. ;-p Like you, I can think of several reasons (and friends) who are more 'Harley' and less 'boots shined & buzzcut trim' these days.

Good call with the chemical imbalance point, too. Several mood and personality disorders can feature crashes, psychotic breaks, sudden paranoia. If he was often chipper and up, and has suddenly flipped out, there may be a diagnosis in play that we're not aware of.

Or maybe he's just a crappy arse whose gone on a selfish rampage of the 'if I can't have you, no one else will either' sort.

Both plausible, and it doesn't look great for the girls either way.

We have to assume that the girls are under a lot of duress. If he's shuffling them around, perhaps even breaking into homes as some have theorized, that brings mixed hope for them. They might be thinking, "Maybe someone will discover the break in and rescue us!" He'd either have to dismantle any of the electronic devices in the area, or keep them tied up for extended periods of time.

If he is keeping them in a vehicle, like an SUV, that brings cramped quarters and a lot of difficulty when they need food & bathroom breaks. Not easy.

8, 12, and 14 y/o are old enough to be smart & creative, but he's potentially using threats to harm the other siblings as a method of control. Which must be a stunning shock to them, as this is obviously someone they've trusted and had fun with, based on the pictures on FB.

Aside from the fear of possibly not knowing where their Mom is, and missing home & Dad(s), they're dealing with this sudden head trip of trust shattered by an older 'friend'.

No matter how we look at it, this is extraordinarily difficult for these little girls.

We know that Adam Mayes spoke to LE after Joann and her children disappeared.

Where were they while he was lying to LE?

One theory would be that it started off as a voluntary disappearance that went terribly wrong for Joann.

I don't buy that. Just doesn't feel right to me.

If I'm correct, they were being held somewhere while AM lied to LE. Did he have them restrained somewhere?

If so, where? Did someone provide a place for him without realising what he was going to use it for or something along those ines?

If so, then I'm betting LE wants very, very badly to talk to that person.

It would be much better for that person to come forward voluntarily than to be found via LE efforts. I think there's a good chance they will be treated as a witness if they come forward very soon; if they have to be tracked down, I'm betting there will be criminal charges involved.

I'm not leaning towards the voluntary disappearance either. I might have considered that if it was just Mom, but uprooting three girls suddenly without any word at all doesn't ring at all true from a mom who'd moved her children to AZ in an effort to improve their health. That is evidence of a mom who puts real consideration into their well-being - in the short & the long term. She must have weighed the benefits carefully before up-rooting them for AZ.

That doesn't sound at all like a mother who would then suddenly turn around and hustle the kids off without warning. Does not compute.

One of the most pressing, and concerning questions for me is as you've posted above. (BBM)

Hadn't even occurred to me that someone might have given them a place to stay, but it is very plausible. Several neighbours have been quoted as saying they believed he really cared for the girls. Not at all far-fetched to think someone in his life wouldn't think twice about offering him somewhere to take the girls on a little outing while they were temporarily back from AZ. "Hey chum, would you mind if we borrowed the cottage for a few days?"

I can see it.

I'm not leaning towards the voluntary disappearance either. I might have considered that if it was just Mom, but uprooting three girls suddenly without any word at all doesn't ring at all true from a mom who'd moved her children to AZ in an effort to improve their health. That is evidence of a mom who puts real consideration into their well-being - in the short & the long term. She must have weighed the benefits carefully before up-rooting them for AZ.

That doesn't sound at all like a mother who would then suddenly turn around and hustle the kids off without warning. Does not compute.

One of the most pressing, and concerning questions for me is as you've posted above. (BBM)

He has been at it for days. He is desperate and getting tired...someone knows something but may be scared...and I can see why. However, someone needs to come forward. jmo

I doubt he's been in the military; he lacks the usual spit & polish tidy grooming that most service members display, even long after they're out of the forces.

I am also thinking it'd be really tough if he is on foot with the girls. How far could they go, especially if they are in wooded area? Wonder if there have been any recent reports of stolen cars in the surrounding counties since Tuesday? If so, how many? Back-tracking on those reports might be useful.

Some ex-military keep the spit and polish. Many do a 180, at least for awhile, and turn scruffy, just because they can. My BFF is ex-Army (sniper, no less) and looks like a hippie straight out of the 60s, ponytail, wire rimmed glasses, earring and all.

And he's a DoD contractor. Go figure. <LOL>

Any pics that show AM's shoes?

I don't think he'd be able to keep 3 kids moving in the woods. Keeping them in one camp, yes, I think that's possible. But keeping them on the move? Very difficult, to say the least.

My guess is that he's holed up somewhere for right now, planning on letting the hoorah die down a bit. If I'm right about what I'm guessing, he's already got what he wants (the two older girls).

Um, the Daily Mail is not exactly MSM. It's like a cross between The National Enquirer and Fox News. Ever so slightly more respectable than the Enquirer but they are often willing to publish gossip that true MSM refuses to touch because it is unsubstantiated.

It's the principle of throwing mud at the wall. If you throw enough mud, eventually some of it will stick.

Um, the Daily Mail is not exactly MSM. It's like a cross between The National Enquirer and Fox News. Ever so slightly more respectable than the Enquirer but they are often willing to publish gossip that true MSM refuses to touch because it is unsubstantiated.

It's the principle of throwing mud at the wall. If you throw enough mud, eventually some of it will stick.

Yeah, they seem to print first and verify later from what I've seen. But they do often scoop other news sources because of this. It's a Catch 22.

I hope he hasn't done himself in.....

Yeah, they seem to print first and verify later from what I've seen. But they do often scoop other news sources because of this. It's a Catch 22.
Putting on my tinfoil hat...MSM in the US may be profiting off sensational stories and feeding the: " Oops I put my child to bed and they were kidnapped". "trending now on twitter" :maddening: Sad that I can not read news about missing children, adults without considering what media organization is paying for this or that. Back to lurking.

Okay... there is one thing I'm still not understanding here.

So... I had come to the very logical conclusion that these three girls shared a Dad, because they all have one last name.
I figured that he had adopted the two older because of the name and because he had been around for 11+ years of their 12 and 14 years.

The biological father of the older 2 did not have their picture on his facebook page until they went missing.

There was a "family picture" of his family from 2012, with no mention of Alexandria and Adrienne... just his 3 young girls.

The girls facebooks do not mention him, or have him or his family as a friend... just the current husband who's last name they have.
So I saw no indication there was another father in the picture.

I don't understand why there was no visible connection before... but now it is all over the place.
Am I missing something? I feel like I am missing a huge part of the puzzle here. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77
Back