TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has been the craziest case ......

If you want to see crazy you should see my fb timeline. People are panicking and posting rumor like it's facts. I have had to check at least 10 different times on reports that he is surrounded in different locations. I am now starting to worry that an innocent person is going to be shot. People are scarred and rightly so. Wish le would give an up date of some sort. All these rumors are fueling this panic. People are leaving their homes and going to relatives in other towns for fear he is hiding out in the woods in Alpine or Guntown.

This may be a stupid question but I'm a little confused at the moment.... The media outlets keep saying "at Mayes home in Union County", but Guntown is in Lee County.. Is there another residence :what:I've missed? Thanks in advance!

And one note that I left out earlier...

When guys in their 30s or 40s load a U-Haul in Tennessee in late April, you can bet they're going to chug down a few beers. In fact, I had a party once the night before leaving the north for the south, and everyone drank beer and loaded the U-Haul. What this means is that the adults might have been intoxicated leading up to the disappearance. If someone was more passed out than just asleep, the person might not have heard all of the commotion.

Don't forget that no one has yet posted any article or announcement about the recent or current whereabouts of Mayes' parents nor his wife. Those 3 were mentioned by the MS landlady and/or neighbor (link upthread), but in general terms...no specifics on when those 3 were last seen. JMBR (best recollection). JMO.

So many unanswered questions in this case..If they would only release the names of the bodies it would help..Don't understand why they are still withholding this info..Had plenty of time to notify family..Just rambling here!!!

The more and more I read, I'm thinking that you all are right and Mom probably thought she was doing an innocent favor by giving him a lift or something? Not leaving with him "willingly" as I had originally thought.

For some reason, this case reminds me of Shasta and Dylan's case. I think AM's was after the little ones. I think the two bodies will most likely be Mom and the 14-year-old daughter. Sorry, I don't have all their names down yet. I think the younger ones may still be alive, but it is really crucial that they find them ASAP!

MOO

My thoughts exactly. I wonder if he has internet access, if so, he knows everything that is going on. If not, he doesn't have a clue and won't be set off by something said in the media which will hopefully save these babies (and mom) lives.

This may be a stupid question but I'm a little confused at the moment.... The media outlets keep saying "at Mayes home in Union County", but Guntown is in Lee County.. Is there another residence :what:I've missed? Thanks in advance!

I saw Union County mentioned, too. My guess is that it's in Union County but that the closest city is Guntown.

And one note that I left out earlier...

When guys in their 30s or 40s load a U-Haul in Tennessee in late April, you can bet they're going to chug down a few beers. In fact, I had a party once the night before leaving the north for the south, and everyone drank beer and loaded the U-Haul. What this means is that the adults might have been intoxicated leading up to the disappearance. If someone was more passed out than just asleep, the person might not have heard all of the commotion.

Haha! You got that right!

So...the guy is married? I just started following this. This means one of the bodies could be the wife. It also means that the wife might be involved as either an accomplice or a victim.

Prayer-Light Vigil for the Bain/Johnson family ...Tuesday night Bolivar Dixie Girls Softball Field @7:00 P.M. Bring your own light and show your support and love for this family!!
"Please no candles due to liability purposes."

A few observations:

1. Reasons for taking Jo Ann off of the Amber Alert - either she was killed or it was determined she is playing an active role in this.

2. The bodies in the back yard that have yet to be identified - it's very possible they have been there for weeks, months or years and hence the need to use buckets and sift the back yard.

3. What was the trigger? Obviously, AM had full 100% access to these kids seemingly unsupervised. The plan was for he and GB to drive to AZ. It would have been much easier to rid the family of GB during their trip alone, feign a 'disappearance' along the way, rather than kidnap 4 people and go on the run. Getting rid of GB would have been the fastest way to a goal of having Jo Ann and the children in his life rather than vice versa.

This is one crazy case....

I saw Union County mentioned, too. My guess is that it's in Union County but that the closest city is Guntown.
Yes you are right, Guntown is the closest to the Alpine community in Union County. Guntown is in Lee County and Tupelo is the closest city with any kind of media outlet.

AM has to have a criminal or unstable past. He has ties to many other states, so did he show his true colors with others and then move on elsewhere?

Did he get close to this family because his own family had given up on him?

Could he fool them for this long? I knew someone like this. He would go into hiding, when he couldn't control his "off" times. Those that never saw him when he was "off" thought others that knew he was unstable were crazy, because he convinced them they were!!

AM must have been very good at manipulating this family!

A few observations:

1. Reasons for taking Jo Ann off of the Amber Alert - either she was killed or it was determined she is playing an active role in this.

2. The bodies in the back yard that have yet to be identified - it's very possible they have been there for weeks, months or years and hence the need to use buckets and sift the back yard.

3. What was the trigger? Obviously, AM had full 100% access to these kids seemingly unsupervised. The plan was for he and GB to drive to AZ. It would have been much easier to rid the family of GB during their trip alone, feign a 'disappearance' along the way, rather than kidnap 4 people and go on the run. Getting rid of GB would have been the fastest way to a goal of having Jo Ann and the children in his life rather than vice versa.

This is one crazy case....
BBM.

Also, one or more of the articles linked already said that trash had been burned on top of the shallow graves. :(

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/338148/20120507/bain-family-missing-two-bodies-adam-mayes.htm

In this article, it states: "Police spoke with him early in the investigation at his home in Mississippi. They discovered him there after he left the Bain family home on April 27, but they did not see the missing family members there at the time. However, when they tried to find him again because he gave them misleading information, Mayes had fled and the two bodies were found."

I am guessing he said something like "oh yeah, JB told me she was taking the kids to _______ because she was mad at her husband". Probably with the usual smooth BS only a sociopath can pull off with bodies buried in the backyard. So LE went and checked into that, and found it wasn't true but he was long gone by then.

I remember someone pointed out that there was a blue trailer also on the property of the house where the bodies were eventually found. I wonder if the kids were locked in there when the police were questioning him? If they didn't yet have a search warrant, they wouldn't have looked there. I mean, they could have asked, but if he said it was locked or someone else lived there, they would have just left without going inside. How horrible if the girls were that close to being rescued. :-(

Why would he stay in the area? Would he be that stupid? I think he is long out of there, he seems to have ties to a few states.

I agree. He had five days from the time LE first spoke to him. He knew he lied to them and they were eventually going to find out, go to his home and discover the bodies. He had five days to get as far away as he possibly could. Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back