TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No his niece was at the house with her child and GB....she was not killed. She is the older daughter of GB and AM's sister (who is GB's ex-wife) I think....Gawd I am so confused.:banghead:

Yes, the niece is alive. And I haven't heard anything to suggest he was attached to his niece. I do think he believes the younger two children are his.
And that was the reason for kidnapping. They were going to move to another state and he wasn't going to able to spend time with these girls anymore.

I thought by now this case would be national news, my mom lives in New Jersey and she said there is nothing up there about this case.

My niece in AZ shared a flyer on her facebook this morning. Said her friend in TX was telling her about it. Then my other niece in FL, saw the flyer and shared it and from there it multiplied rapidly. I think it's national.

Also makes me wonder if they were killed in the garage why GB found no evidence when he went to the garage to drive to work. Or did he not work? Did he park his car in the driveway every day, instead?

If he was supposed to be leaving to drive the U Haul to Arizona that day, I doubt he would have been working. I agree I feel awful for GB, his life is shattered right now. I just hope they can bring his two girls home to him.

I still find it odd that GB did not drive to AM when his wife and kids disappeared. I am just trying to figure this out. I DO NOT believe GB is anything but a victim in this, so please don't get me wrong. I am just thinking about the last tweets and posts of the deceased. I wonder if somehow AM did not put a seed of doubt into GB's mind about his own wife. So when she disappeared and AM disappeared (when he was supposed to be there to drive the U haul with him), he did not think that she had run off with AM and the children. The fact that GB wrote that on her fb about her working things out with him, and the statement he made that all she has to do is call and let "LE lay eyes on her" and it would be over or done. I think the poor man actually thought she ran out on him. Perhaps AM mentally manipulated him over time too. I think AM is the freaking devil.... Please God let the babies be brought home to GB. The pain he must be in is unimaginable....IMHO

Since this manhunt has been going on, I hate when it gets dark out, I feel like they just wont be able to close in on him, and I have a feeling hes sleeping during daylight so he can keep moving during the night.
Anyone else think that?
I stayed up all night last night until I went to bed at 6:00AM, then thought, NO, they wont close in during dark, it would be too risky.(for the girls)
This is beyond evil.

You stayed up all night hoping they would find the girls?

Wasn't he in hiding all alone though?

Um. Well. According to the feds, yeah, Eric Rudolph was all alone. According to some reporters who have interviewed locals, there's some that think he was not alone 100% of the time, that he was probably getting some help or at least there were people turning a blind eye when food was stolen from their homes, etc.

Joseph Duncan did manage to camp out for 6 weeks or so with Dylan and Shasta Groene. He did have the huge advantage that he was not a suspect in the case (their father was the suspect at the time).

Good! About the 1st degree murder charges for Teresa. She was in the garage and did NOTHING to help save the lives of Joann and A.

Adding...it appears that Teresa M must have done more than just nothing when the 2 murders went down!

GB married AM's sister back in 1984, when AM was only 9 years old. GB's eldest daughter is AM's niece. If AM was willing to treat JB's girls as more nieces, I think that GB and JB would probably have appreciated that (it's never good for one child in a family to be singled out for extra attention).

I think it can be really difficult to see through someone you've known since they were a child that young.

AM strikes me as the slick abuser type; someone who was very careful to keep the abuse hidden. Abusers like that are invariably very well controlled and very good at putting up a facade.

Considering the difference in age and the reports that the two men enjoyed working on cars together, I wonder if GB was the one who taught AM how to work on cars.

Also, it has been reported that AM never held a regular job but relied on odd jobs. GB may have felt sorry for him and wanted to give him some help.

If so, then I think it would be even more difficult to see through this brother-in-law and protege.

There have certainly been lots of reports from neighbours and casual acquaintances saying AM seemed like a nice guy, very helpful, etc. GB would not have been alone in being fooled.

Do you know how old the child is that GB and AM's sister had together?

ETA: Members kind enough to let me know that "she is in her twenties. Thank you everyone.

Has anyone seen evidence of the dogs chained out with doghouses in the yard at TM MM house? If those dogs are not there, then where is the location where those dogs reside. This could very well be where he and the kids are....Just a thought....

If he was supposed to be leaving to drive the U Haul to Arizona that day, I doubt he would have been working. I agree I feel awful for GB, his life is shattered right now. I just hope they can bring his two girls home to him.

I still find it odd that GB did not drive to AM when his wife and kids disappeared. I am just trying to figure this out. I DO NOT believe GB is anything but a victim in this, so please don't get me wrong. I am just thinking about the last tweets and posts of the deceased. I wonder if somehow AM did not put a seed of doubt into GB's mind about his own wife. So when she disappeared and AM disappeared (when he was supposed to be there to drive the U haul with him), he did not think that she had run off with AM and the children. The fact that GB wrote that on her fb about her working things out with him, and the statement he made that all she has to do is call and let "LE lay eyes on her" and it would be over or done. I think the poor man actually thought she ran out on him. Perhaps AM mentally manipulated him over time too. I think AM is the freaking devil.... Please God let the babies be brought home to GB. The pain he must be in is unimaginable....IMHO

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been planting all kinds of seeds in GB's head for a while.

What RAGE would make AM plan this murder of a young woman and a 14 year old girl?
I guess I can see the kidknapping of 2 children if you think they are yours. But murder?
and wife knew and mother covered this up for days and helped disguised the children?
You could never make this stuff up................

Um. Well. According to the feds, yeah, Eric Rudolph was all alone. According to some reporters who have interviewed locals, there's some that think he was not alone 100% of the time, that he was probably getting some help or at least there were people turning a blind eye when food was stolen from their homes, etc.

Joseph Duncan did manage to camp out for 6 weeks or so with Dylan and Shasta Groene. He did have the huge advantage that he was not a suspect in the case (their father was the suspect at the time).

Well, one thing for sure, he wasn't running with two little girls ages 8 & 12 like Adam is currently doing, IF he is still running with them, or no one is running at all!

Also, why didn't LE send someone to AM's house? GB didn't realize the girls were missing until they didn't get off the bus. He thought JB was at school herself (or possibly left after they had a fight the night before) Did GB think it odd that his buddy who spent the night to help move wasn't there in the morning to help him move? When he did realize everyone was missing, I would think that LE would have wanted to send someone to AM's residence to check. Even if they thought she left voluntarily at that point, why wouldn't they send someone just to "lay eyes on her".

Eighty miles and in a different jurisdiction, maybe? If LE thought it was a voluntary disappearance, would they send someone that far just to interview one possible witness?

I figure that would be at least 4 hours of deputy time. Do they have enough coverage in Hardeman County to invest that much into something that seemed like it was probably a domestic dispute?

Has anyone seen evidence of the dogs chained out with doghouses in the yard at TM MM house? If those dogs are not there, then where is the location where those dogs reside. This could very well be where he and the kids are....Just a thought....

I do not think it is TN or MS as the dirt is not red. JMO though!

Maybe AM molested the younger girls for years and was afraid if they moved away, they would tell on him. Maybe mom and sister found out? Thinking why? why did he kill them?
Why did mom and sister go to garage? Did they find one of the small girls missing in the morning? See something they shouldn't in that garage??

If was just a random camper, he got the crap scared outta him for sure.

Maybe for the best, though. If LE is correct and AM is running in those woods, well... I sure wouldn't want to have him discover me in a nice camp ready to rob.

Eighty miles and in a different jurisdiction, maybe? If LE thought it was a voluntary disappearance, would they send someone that far just to interview one possible witness?

I figure that would be at least 4 hours of deputy time. Do they have enough coverage in Hardeman County to invest that much into something that seemed like it was probably a domestic dispute?

I was thinking maybe they would ask the local PD to send someone over, not drive out there themselves.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/lawyers-for-mayes-family-speak-out-rpt-20120509

Sources close to Fox 13 say that at least one of the bodies found in Adam Mayes' Guntown, Mississippi residence was strangled. The killings happened at the Bain's garage in Whiteville, Tennessee on or about April 27.
From the article, the lawyers begin to speak...

TM's Lawyer:

Reached by phone, Teresa Mayes' attorney says this is her client's first brush with the law.

"She's very nervous, very quiet," says Public Defender Shana McCoy Johnson. "She's scared."

Johnson says Teresa and Adam married 11 years ago, but were unable to have kids. Johnson says Teresa holds a high school special education diploma. Plus, she's been to a mental health facility before. Johnson recently requested her client undergo a mental health evaluation.
Ma <modsnip> Mayes lawyer:

"She did assert that she's not guilty," says Dickus.

Dickus claims, "She's confused and upset, she has a disabled husband and worried about his case, but her primary concern is that these children be returned."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GracieLou1972