TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jane V-M focused on why Gary B allowed Adam access to daughters even after investigation of sexual abuse.

I'll ask Jane: Jane, why not focus your efforts on the two females who are charged in this case, one who has 2x first degree murder charges?

At some point, in these two children lives, they will be on the Internet reading all the stuff that is in news articles, social networking sites, etc., etc. :(

At some point, in these two children lives, they will be on the Internet reading all the stuff that is in news articles, social networking sites, etc., etc. :(

It makes me wonder if while they were with him he insisted that they were his daughters or tried to convince them he was. If not, they'll read about it later.

I am sitting here thinking, if I knew my neighbor was abusing her dogs, I wouldn't ask her to dog-sit my little Misha!

It makes me wonder if while they were with him he insisted that they were his daughters or tried to convince them he was. If not, they'll read about it later.

It's hard to know what AM said to them, but it wouldn't be a surprise to me if he told them "you are like daughters to me."

Three neighbors of the man suspected of kidnapping and killing members of the Bain family were arrested Thursday in connection to the ongoing investigation.

Ronnie Rich,43, was arrested for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. His wife Tona Prince, 40, was arrested on the same charge and his son Jeffery Karr, 22, was arrested for an outstanding Mississippi Department of Corrections Warrant.

The family lived on Highway 9 near Mayes in the Alpine community.

The agency didn't disclose how the three in custody are related to the Mayes investigation except to confirm they are.
From link lishac posted:

http://nems360.com/view/full_story/...ties-say-kidnapped-girls-didn-t-eat-for-days?

I am not casting aspersions towards GB in what I'm saying. It just reminds me that dads as well as moms need to be very astute with the precious gifts they have in their kids!
I realize AM took the girls bowling, to the buffalo park, swimming, etc. and it was a welcome break for them. And I have not heard or seen any proof that they were molested by him. What is really bugging me is how JB/GB didn't realize AM wasn't normal, in any sense of the word. Sure people are all different. And that's fine. But this man was seemingly able to fool his landlord as well. We can't diagnose his state of mind. However I don't think suicide was never in his mind throughout this situation until the last days or hours. I think he was suicidal from the beginning.
I also think it is more than just a chance that TM actually did more than "watch" the murders of JB and the oldest daughter. I see no reason why she might not have been actively involved. She may have killed the 14 yr old herself. What she says now is not believable to me. Too many reasons to blame it all on the dead person. He was alone in the woods with the 2 youngest girls and had a weapon yet didn't murder them. Something was different in Whiteville, and that could have been the fact that TM was there.
jmo

She may have killed the 14 yr old herself. What she says now is not believable to me. Too many reasons to blame it all on the dead person. He was alone in the woods with the 2 youngest girls and had a weapon yet didn't murder them. Something was different in Whiteville, and that could have been the fact that TM was there.
jmo

I agree with your post, and I say that even if TM did not actively participate, her presence WHILE he was killing JB and Adrienne tells me that she was his backup in case either one was able to break free from his grip during the long minutes it would take to strangle them. And since they had signs of beating, they fought hard... and maybe TM DID have to jump in and help. Either way, I believe she was there to help him if he needed it.

Absolutely amaaaazing that these girls were found when they were. 3 days without food or water is excrutiating. My prayers are with them for their long road ahead.

I'm not really understanding the bashing of GB. THe age difference is a bit much but no one was calling Demi Moore an unfit parent for dating Ashton (after the rehab stint yes...but not while dating). No one is questioning whether or not Jennifer Lopez should keep custody of her kids for parading around with her boy toy. IJS Hind sight is 20/20. I think the Bains should have been more cautious in how much they trusted this guy, but in no way should him being naive and too trusting make him in any way accountable for what happened. He has to bury his wife, his daughter (legally she belongs to him), and in some way figure out how to help his other two daughters cope with what they've been through AAAAAAAND try and piece together some sense of a normal life. Talk about kicking a guy when he's down. JMO

BBM

I have to agree. What happened to this family is horrific, but that doesn't change the fact this kind of thing is the exception, not the rule. Between the ages of 9 and 11, I was left with no relation family friends for weeks at a time 400 miles away from my parents. It was great, and they never did anything bad to me whatsoever. We even did a taffy pull one time..

So what was GB supposed to do, never let his children have contact with anyone other than him and JB? Never let his kids out of his sight, never let them spend the night somewhere? If so, then I guess he should never have allowed them in a car, or even outside, or inside for that matter to protect them from accidents, house fires, etc.

There is a very recent story on here somewhere about some random guy breaking into a home over the weekend, raping and killing the mother and daughter, and inflicting serious head injuries on the father. The two boys were left unhurt. So apparently when it comes right down to it, nothing and no where is 100% safe.

So I have no admonishments for GB whatsoever. He didn't do anything wrong, he is a victim, just like the two girls. JB, I sincerely doubt she did anything wrong, either. I don't believe for one second any of those children were AM's, but whether they were or not, he had NO right to do what he did. I wish the best for what remains of this family, and I hope they are able to move past what has happened and make good lives for themselves.

As far as TM and MM, may they please plead guilty and not put this family through anymore, and may they both rot the rest of their sorry lives in prison.

NG Show

Jean C:

Martin Savage-on the scene Alpine, Mississippi: ...told to check out what might be cabin...as moved in, spotted one of girls lying on ground...but only t beginning of this investigation

Martin S: thick brush; not easy to find; someone in the public called

MS: wrappings and bandages are from help at scene after Adam shot 'self

More arrests:

3 people: 1 for lying-false info; misleading info; other 2 for providing/supplying gun to Adam w/which he took his life

Both died of strangulation (presumably, because he did not have a gun, Jean C adds).

Rick F, friend of Gary's:

-great family; a close family; a loving family; we interacted w/them; our kids went to school w/their kids; we went to dinner w/them, movies w/them

-Gary would come and work on cars, mow t lawn; do chores; he befriended t family; he was trusted; the kids loved him; Gary took him in almost as a son

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18291547/adam-mayes-captured-2-missing-bain-girls-are-safe

Just read above that three more people have been arrested in connection to this case...anyone have any idea who it might be?

In that link..........answers questions why the results have not been released

"Their autopsy reports are sealed under a court order by request of the FBI and the Hardeman County District Attorney Mike Dunavant.

Dunavant said the reports are sealed due to the pending homicide charges against Mayes' wife Teresa, who said she witnessed her husband commit the murders and helped him hide the bodies. "

I am joyous about the girls being found safe, I am so happy they are back with GB. But...I cannot help but think about JB and AB, One was killed first, and more than likely the other was present to see either mother or daughter die. The fear that daughter must have felt if JB was killed first, or the horror JB had to have felt. I cannot imagine, or maybe I can and that is why it just upsets me to my core. I know they are at peace now, but just feel lousy about their deaths... Really really sad.... RIP beautiful mother and daughter....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back