TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cannot believe I forgot about this. Warning: graphic ish description.

Umpty doodle years ago when I was just a pup, one of my good friends was murdered. Her cause of death was "strangulation by restraint". At first we didn't know what that meant, thought someone was holding her down and strangled her. Turns out she had actually had something placed in her mouth (presumably to keep her quiet) with something wrapped around her head and throat (a scarf) to hold it in place. As she had struggled, the item in her mouth ended up forced down her throat, and with the scarf around her throat, she "strangled". The way it happened meant it wasn't just "asphyxiation", something about the combination of the two things together.

Point being, strangled doesn't have to mean anyone wrapped hands around throats. It could have happened other ways. (some not too good to think about).

Brenda, JoAnn's Best Friend:

Spoke to JoAnn B Wed night before this happened. We went to same college.
She never said a bad word about Adam. Looked at him as family member. She introduced him as like a son to me.
Not close in any kind of intimate way.
He visited quite a bit, but not lived w/them.
He practiced w/kids and watched their games.
We were friends since kindergarten. 26 years.

JB's best friend on NG, she said she spoke w/ JB on Weds night before this happened. They went to same college and was talking about schoolwork. JB was doing elementary education. She never said a bad word about AM, he was like a family member, like a son to them. No truth to JB and AM, not in an intimate way, she said no. He visited quite a bit, came to baseball games, practiced with kids, and watched games. Brenda didn't think anything was wrong w/ him, because she trusted JB about her thoughts on him. She's very very sad, her and JB have been friends since Kindergarten, for 26 years, it's very difficult.

Per family friend: There was nothing about Adam not to trust.

This statement hit me between the eyes. Just goes to show us that we can never really know what deep seated problems someone like Adam had and only under the stress of them moving to Arizona was when he totally snapped. By the grace of God go we all.

This statement hit me between the eyes. Just goes to show us that we can never really know what deep seated problems someone like Adam had and only under the stress of them moving to Arizona was when he totally snapped. By the grace of God go we all.

True, but it still bothers me greatly that it was well-known that Adam felt these two children where his and there is still that "unfounded" investigation, of which, was "red flag" enough for me to "sit up and take notice."

JB's best friend on NG, she said she spoke w/ JB on Weds night before this happened. They went to same college and was talking about schoolwork. JB was doing elementary education. She never said a bad word about AM, he was like a family member, like a son to them. No truth to JB and AM, not in an intimate way, she said no. He visited quite a bit, came to baseball games, practiced with kids, and watched games. Brenda didn't think anything was wrong w/ him, because she trusted JB about her thoughts on him. She's very very sad, her and JB have been friends since Kindergarten, for 26 years, it's very difficult.

Like a son to whom? AM was older than JB.

True, but it still bothers me greatly that is was well-known that Adam felt these two children where his and there is still that "unfounded" investigation, of which, was "red flag" enough for me to "sit up and take notice."

True that, and also there was a history of violence that the authorities were well aware of.

Like I said earlier, if I see that my neighbor abuses her dogs, she is not dog-sitting my dog. Even if I heard that my neighbor does this, I still would not let her dog-sit my dog.

I don't get how the parents could have thought there was "nothing not to trust" about AM after the CPS investigation. That just makes no sense. Even if they believed it was unfounded, that would at the very least make most people question and look deeper. Then there's the odd wife, the fact that he never held down a job, the drugs...and how about the motorcycle gang thing, did that get followed up on? And he knew an awful lot of people willing to aid and abet him in a series of major violent felonies.

I feel for the Bain parents, but I don't get how it didn't add up to just the slightest little twinge of "something ain't right with that boy."

Let me give you an example that was already posted on here from the beginning with comments by TM to JB. She told her how much she missed them all and how much she loved them. She said to tell everyone Johnny and Mary said they love and miss them. TM herself apparently kept her feelings to herself and had nothing but love to say to JB.

Like a son to whom? AM was older than JB.

I know, makes me wonder the maturity of AM, the girls called him brother or had him listed as brother on their fb pages. GB had not just a daughter, but a son and not sure how much younger he is than AM.

From the interview with AM's brother: He says Adam's controlling, abusive behavior drove a wedge between him and his parents.

"They would do whatever he wanted," says Johnny. "Anyone who was close to Adam pretty much lived in fear. He was the person that you didn't want to cross. You didn't cross him because you knew the consequences would come down on you."

He must have either shown a totally different face to the Bains, or scared the stuffing out of them too...so much so that they would tell all their friends they trusted him despite how frightening he was.

TM Mother just stated that she feels TM is as big a victim of AM as the Bain family is.... I am sorry but the woman is off her tree... I know I know, parental loyalty, how dare her....she needs to go home and get off the TV how offensive was that statement.... Shows the mental state of the TM mother.... such crap

I know, makes me wonder the maturity of AM, the girls called him brother or had him listed as brother on their fb pages. GB had not just a daughter, but a son and not sure how much younger he was than AM.

The way JB supposedly described him to her friend is so completely different from the way his own brother describes him. And never mind the way his wife's family describes him. I mean, it's like night and day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back