TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Didn't he dig the grave before the murders? I thought I read that. He may not have planned the murder of the daughter, but I think he planned to murder the mother. I think he hoped everyone would think she ran off with the girls.
The digging of the grave was always unclear. The affidavit states that MM witnesses the holes being dug "on or about April 27". That could be the afternoon after the murders. It isn't really clear.

He may have planned the murders, it's still questionable to me, though. Or he may have planned the murders, just not there.

Well, I was watching a YouTube video of Anderson Cooper interviewing Bobbi Booth in which she said that she could only talk to TM after she had been in jail for 7 days. She also said that TM is not good with numbers so probably does not even have the phone numbers for her mom or sister. (I'm sure her lawyer would help her with this). Bobbi started crying. I did not save the link, and now I cannot find it!

:banghead:

The digging of the grave was always unclear. The affidavit states that MM witnesses the holes being dug "on or about April 27". That could be the afternoon after the murders. It isn't really clear.

He may have planned the murders, it's still questionable to me, though. Or he may have planned the murders, just not there.

MFM has been charged with being in conspiracy to commit especially aggravating kidnapping; she has not been charged with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder.

That causes me to think that the murders were not part of the plan.

I think AM had some fantasy about JB being secretly in love with him or being willing to go along with him. Maybe like those bodice rippers where the heroine loathes the hero at first and then falls in love with him after they've been forced to be together for awhile.

And then when it came time to turn the fantasy into reality, it started to go wrong (from his point of view) right away.

Then the wheels started coming off his crazy plan because it all depended on people thinking Jo Ann had taken off voluntarily with the three girls.

I don't know. I don't want to invade the Bain family's privacy but I do want to know if LE has figured out anything about AM's motives.

More faulty reporting.
The two girls were hungry but had a jug of water with them, Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said. "I told them it's going to be OK. I gave them a big hug. ... When I seen these kids, it was a huge relief," Edwards told Reuters.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...apped-tenn-girls-found-safe-suspect-dead?lite

I saw this guy say this in a video yesterday as a first hand account. He said it looked like water from a stream. Just irks me that someone prints a rumor and all the news jumps on it.

I think we can safely say that AM was a very slick liar. Which, with his other behavior points to sociopath, IMO. If he was that smooth and cunning I think it helps to answer some of the conflicting feelings/opinions as to why people would trust him. Even with CPS he could have said his sister wanted revenge (or something like it) and convinced everyone that that was the case. Maybe he actually was smart enough to clear out his stash of *advertiser censored* after his sister caught him. I don't know....because I don't know these people personally....but I would think if his sister was going to lie about the shaving legs incident she would have come up with something even more inflammatory? He was kissing her or worse? Moo

I totally agree. If she were going to falsely accuse him of inappropriate behavior with a child it wouldn't have been shaving her legs.

I do not understand why he had full access to these children. There are to many red flags, even for the very naive.

Wasn't there a woman with the last name of McMann that was interviewed about this case and she was a relative or friend of either Joann or Adam? I ask because there was a Teresa McMann who's foster child of 14 just hung his sister of 9 here in Alabama the other day. And I thought the McMann name sounded familiar.

Well, I was watching a YouTube video of Anderson Cooper interviewing Bobbi Booth in which she said that she could only talk to TM after she had been in jail for 7 days. She also said that TM is not good with numbers so probably does not even have the phone numbers for her mom or sister. (I'm sure her lawyer would help her with this). Bobbi started crying. I did not save the link, and now I cannot find it!

:banghead:

The sister-in-law of Adam Mayes talks about his death. - YouTube

:woohoo:

SO GLAD these two children were found safe! (Yes, I know I am late to the party but I have been away from all media for a few days.)

Now, to catch up on the last few days of posts...this may take a while.

MFM has been charged with being in conspiracy to commit especially aggravating kidnapping; she has not been charged with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder.

That causes me to think that the murders were not part of the plan.

I think AM had some fantasy about JB being secretly in love with him or being willing to go along with him. Maybe like those bodice rippers where the heroine loathes the hero at first and then falls in love with him after they've been forced to be together for awhile.

And then when it came time to turn the fantasy into reality, it started to go wrong (from his point of view) right away.

Then the wheels started coming off his crazy plan because it all depended on people thinking Jo Ann had taken off voluntarily with the three girls.

I don't know. I don't want to invade the Bain family's privacy but I do want to know if LE has figured out anything about AM's motives.

Good theory! Given the way it played out, I agree AM set his plan in motion with the delusion that JB would go with him, either willingly at first or would later fall in love with him. They'd be one happy family--the way it was "meant to be". JB and AdB resisted, and things unraveled from there. It doesn't seem he had much of a plan beyond taking off with JB and the girls. If everyone had thought JB had run off with him and the girls, things would have been great, in his mind.

:woohoo:

SO GLAD these two children were found safe! (Yes, I know I am late to the party but I have been away from all media for a few days.)

Now, to catch up on the last few days of posts...this may take a while.

Isn't it nice to have a (relatively) happy ending! To have 2 of the 4 rescued alive!

As far as why the girls were allowed to be with AM, I wonder if the family did indeed return to help care for GB's sick mother if the parents were so overwhelmed with this responsibility that that they didn't see the warning signs. Perhaps they were grateful that he would take the girls and they could have a little fun while they were dealing with his mother. The stress, exhaustion etc... of being caregivers to a dying parent could explain why warning signs went unnoticed...
MOO

This is really hard, because while I want to feel nothing but 100% sympathy for GB (and I really do feel for him and what he's going through), I still have some angst about him letting 3 girls stay the night with AM, and still be exposed to him after that CPS thing. The excess attention he paid these girls (photos on AM's Facebook account, combined with them sleeping over at his house), followed by ANY kind of CPS investigation should be enough for any dad to refuse that guy access to his kids anymore. Period. To me, the children are the most important part of this case, because they didn't choose any of this. Even if GB was my own brother, I would hug him, cry with him, then at some point ask, "How did this guy still have access to you and your kids after the CPS thing?" to make sure he knows in the future that these girls need extra protection and care.

I so agree with every word of your post, HaikuMommy. I have read here from the beginning and rarely posted because the whole murder/kidnapping thing was so crazy and I really just wanted to know as many real facts as I could.

IMO:

In all of the forums where children and even teenagers are the subject of CPS investigations, we see time and time again where these children and teenagers were let down by CPS. I am not so sure these allegations were indeed false as was found.

AM was known to GB before JB knew him. How can anyone be so blind as to not know the kind of person AM was? No red flags there even after a CPS and LE investigation? When someone's judgement is amiss, can we be sure that same judgement will not fail again? Is GB equiped to now raise these girls alone where they will need some very special care and professional help to deal with the horrors that happened to them at the hands of AM? IDK.

I have a great deal of sympathy for GB as well, but the girls and their best interest should come first. Who knows what horrors these precious little girls have really gone through? I hope GB has some really good, decent relatives and friends that can help him take very good care of these young sisters. I have to say that I am skeptical that GB should be raising them alone.

There is more to this case than we know at this point, IMO. I am looking forward to getting more facts and not media speculation.

May GB these precious girls and keep them safe!

MOO

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Re...igated-for-Child-Abuse-in-2010-151031895.html

So the abuse report was filed February 23, 2010. I'm still struggling with the timeline as I thought the Bains had moved to Arizona in 2009. It's possible they were back for a visit, maybe? And if indeed they were in Arizona and moved back sometime this past winter temporarily, then it's certainly possible the girls were never alone with AM again until this horrible incident.

I think it was planned. But I think that something went wrong. I think he planned it, I think he prepared for it, I think he set up his support system.

But I don't think he counted on LE being that determined and in such large numbers as to totally blanket the area. I don't think he counted on his mother and wife being arrested. I don't think he counted on LE finding the bodies, and esp. not so soon. And I do wonder if perhaps he might have been surprised that LE looked at him so closely. After all, he was "devoted" to this family.

I think the investigation heated up and got much more intensive when JB and AB were found. I think you are right that he didn't plan on the investigation being that intense and focused on him. It still seems strange to me that he would bury them in a shallow grave right in his back yard. That turned everything around.....he became a murderer, not a vague person of interest. Sometimes AM seems like a cunning manipulator and other times it seems as though he was just an arrogant idiot.

I'm not actually sure he counted on the murders. IMHO, that would be where everything went wrong.

Yes, Ghostwheel.....that would explain why the murders and burial were so sloppily done. That makes a lot of sense.

Didn't he dig the grave before the murders? I thought I read that. He may not have planned the murder of the daughter, but I think he planned to murder the mother. I think he hoped everyone would think she ran off with the girls.

TM and MM said they saw him digging on Saturday .....the day after the murders. isn't that right, anyone?

Tate said Mayes believed the two younger girls were his daughters, even though "they were not his children."

Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards confirmed at Friday's briefing that there was no evidence of that.

"I don't know what was going on in his mind, why he was thinking that," Edwards said. "But I don't believe there's any evidence to back that up."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...previously-investigated-for-sexual-abuse?lite

When one looks at the fact that AM was married to TM who's own sister claims she has the mind of a 10 year old you might begin to understand that we aren't talking about a man who is normal. No disrespect meant towards those who are mentally challenged, but normal guys don't marry women who have the minds of ten year old. I don't think AM was playing with a full deck. I personally think he had some deep seeded mental issues. I'm just grateful these littleone came home safe. Thank the Lord for that!

When I first began reading on this thread, there was a discussion by members about the possibility that AM was Marfan's Syndrome. So, I went to google, and clicked "images" and clicked Marfan's Syndrome. There were pictures which did look a lot like AM. Especially, down on the 3rd or 4th row, a boy looked just like AM. I read the sumptoms, and it is tall heighth, some cognitive and emotional problems, other problems, and heart problems. All through this, I've thought about this. I see AM's brother has the same appearance. As for TM, just judging by some of the manipulations during the investigation by CPS and other clues, I don't think she is retarded, maybe a bit below average, and maybe learning disabilities. The traits that everybody keeps condemning AM for of being a picky eater, and not bathing, these are symptoms of Marfan. His mother may have had a difficult time getting those children of hers raised, and its hard to guess how he thought. But, I want to remember, he did not kill the two girls. I didn't think he would. People with Marfan's are usually picked on and hated by others, but they themselves are very capable of loving. I think he loved those girls and believed they were his, and I'm not so sure one of them wasn't. GB may have had good reason for being sympathetic with AM. I think it is a shame that none of AM's family will claim his body. Maybe it is because they can't afford to. It costs something if they claim it, they have to pay for whatever is done with it. I feel sorry for every character in this story. I think it should be made into a movie. It certainly had me staying close beside my computer to hear the details as they unfolded.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back