TN - John Stevens, 58, shot to death, Nashville, 2 May 2017 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how any 15 year old, who is under guidance of an older man, with a gun, would act after hearing shots fired. I would think it could make her freeze, scared to death. IMO

i'm not judging her whatsoever for not fleeing but LE is not going to just let her go after she was with someone that murdered a man only minutes before.

I don't know about you all (I'm 52), but if I was with some guy and he just shot a convenience store clerk to death, I don't know if I'd have the courage to "run" or if I'd freeze. I think I might be horrified he might shoot me too, if I ran. I'm not so sure we can expect a 15 yr old to be thinking rationally or maturely in such a situation.

moo.

I hope none of us ever have to find out what we would do, regardless of age!!

Hmmm…. age 15 - - “no indication that Trinity Quinn was being held against her will.”
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/35299025/dayton-police-searching-for-missing-15-year-old-girl
UPDATE: Daniel Clark and teenager charged with criminal homicide
Updated: May 03, 2017 3:58 PM EDT
RHEA COUNTY, TN (WRCB) -
UPDATE: Metro Nashville Police have charged Daniel Clark and 15-year old, Trinity Quinn in the killing of 58-year old, John D. Stevens at a gas station. […]
Metro Nashville Public Information Officer, Don Aaron says there is no indication that Trinity Quinn was being held against her will.

UPDATE:

Daniel Clark, 28, and 15-year-old Trinity Quinn are being charged with criminal homicide, especially aggravated robbery and attempted auto theft, according to Metro Nashville police. Both have given statements to authorities.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...an-missing-dayton-teen-fatally-shoots/426121/

Off to research "especially aggravated robbery" in TN.

ETA:

39-13-403. Especially aggravated robbery.

(a) Especially aggravated robbery is robbery as defined in § 39-13-401:

(1) Accomplished with a deadly weapon; and

(2) Where the victim suffers serious bodily injury.

(b) Especially aggravated robbery is a Class A felony.

[Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 1.]

So sorry you got caught up in whatever this was, Mr. Stevens.

Very sorry to see that the minor faces charges. Sorry for her family who will now have to navigate the criminal justice system rather than celebrate that their daughter is alive and safe and home with them. Not at all the ending I think any of us would rather to this case :(

Hmmm…. age 15 - - “no indication that Trinity Quinn was being held against her will.”
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/35299025/dayton-police-searching-for-missing-15-year-old-girl
UPDATE: Daniel Clark and teenager charged with criminal homicide
Updated: May 03, 2017 3:58 PM EDT
RHEA COUNTY, TN (WRCB) -
UPDATE: Metro Nashville Police have charged Daniel Clark and 15-year old, Trinity Quinn in the killing of 58-year old, John D. Stevens at a gas station. […]
Metro Nashville Public Information Officer, Don Aaron says there is no indication that Trinity Quinn was being held against her will.

JMO - I think that the officers choice of words "[FONT=&quot]there is no indication that Trinity Quinn was being held against her will" [/FONT]was more of a neutral statement as to why she was in handcuffs, without giving up information pertinent to the homicide investigation. LE had already viewed the store video by this point, yet had not questioned the suspects.

I do believe that TQ is a victim of DC - she's 15! He knew better.

It will be interesting to see the exact charges and whether TQ will be treated as a juvenile or an adult in this situation. MOO

We don't know what LE knows but obviously it's more than we do. I think we sometimes forget that someone can be a victim of a crime while at the same time voluntarily committing another crime. So now we wait.

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about you all (I'm 52), but if I was with some guy and he just shot a convenience store clerk to death, I don't know if I'd have the courage to "run" or if I'd freeze. I think I might be horrified he might shoot me too, if I ran. I'm not so sure we can expect a 15 yr old to be thinking rationally or maturely in such a situation.

moo.
I'm certain I'd do just about anything he asked me to. I'm early 30s.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Just now coming back today...letting it work out after reading this a.m. I knew it wouldn't be good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"this girl, unlike the 15-year-old student taken last month to California by her former teacher, is a suspect in a murder."
"Clark and Quinn had each turned off their cellphones, so efforts to ping the the phones and pinpoint their location failed. Rievley obtained text message data from Quinn's cell provider that "showed they had something more than a friendship," he said."
"Clark and Quinn planned to flee Dayton for the past several weeks, Nashville police said."

"Spokesman Don Aaron said Quinn shopped in the Exxon store for a few minutes Tuesday evening. Then Clark went up to the counter where John Daniel Stevens stood, his usual post as a worker on the third shift at the gas station.
Initially Clark held the gun low on the counter, Aaron said. After speaking with Stevens, Aaron says surveillance video shows Clark raising the gun, pointing it at Stevens’ head.

Stevens tried to either get the gun or knock it away. Aaron says Clark stepped back from the counter and shot Stevens multiple times. He then pulled the clerk's body out from behind the counter and went through Stevens’ pockets. He took keys but they didn’t work for any vehicle parked at the station, Aaron said.

Clark and Quinn were then seen on the surveillance video walking away from the station."
Much More @ Link: http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...missing-teen-case-tennessee-police/101249856/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thsnks to all that is kept up today and shared!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...n-stevens-remembered-as-gentle-man/101245682/

"He was the gentlest man," the 70-year-old woman said then wept as she spoke of her brother-in-law, who she said worked third-shift at the Exxon for years after he retired from the U.S. Navy. "He would never hurt anyone."

"I'm was thrilled and also glad the teenager was found safe," she said. "(Our family is) grateful to the police and to the alert citizen who called them."

My heart breaks for the family and friends of John Daniel Stevens.

Appropriate headline -
Victim or accomplice: Latest missing teen case challenges Tennessee police
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...missing-teen-case-tennessee-police/101249856/
CT May 3, 2017
[…]
Clark and Quinn had each turned off their cellphones, so efforts to ping the the phones and pinpoint their location failed. Rievley obtained text message data from Quinn's cell provider that "showed they had something more than a friendship," he said.
"They were not what a 28-year-old and a 15-year-old should be texting about," Rievley said.
A similar scenario played out weeks ago in the case involving Tad Cummins, according to the FBI, who said the former Maury County teacher fled Tennessee with his student, Elizabeth Thomas. Cummins and Elizabeth were found in California on April 20. Cummins is facing federal charges, and Elizabeth was reunited with her family.
[…]
As Clark confronted Stevens, Aaron said Quinn had a chance to leave or escape. She did not, something Nashville police find suspicious.
"Both individuals are under investigation for a homicide. Both are homicide suspects. It is this department’s belief that Miss Quinn had the opportunity to flee. We do not see any indication she was held against her will," Aaron said Wednesday morning.
[…]
Wednesday afternoon both were charged with criminal homicide, attempted auto theft and especially aggravated robbery. The district attorney has 90 days to decide whether to prosecute Quinn as an adult.
[…]

Oh, so Trinity had a pistol in her backpack!!!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

They can charge her, that doesn't make her guilty. I believe when it is all said and done, they are going to find out she has been under his spell for years now, and she will be found to be a victim not a suspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder
Back