TN - John Stevens, 58, shot to death, Nashville, 2 May 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm certain I'd do just about anything he asked me to. I'm early 30s.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

3 natural reactions to sudden, traumatic situations: fight, flight or freeze. I don't know if age plays a role in this, but I believe I've read over the years that it doesn't matter if you're 5 or 75, your personality determines which natural reaction you have. Maturity factor may play a minor role but you can't really deny personal nature.

That being said, I'm sure LE has way more info than we do but... at the end of the day, this is still a 15 year old girl. If *legally* she's unable to consent in other areas of her life (and she is) then it's hard to reconcile how *legally* she'd be responsible for other things.

I hope that made sense.

(please accept this is a very large dose of moo.)

3 natural reactions to sudden, traumatic situations: fight, flight or freeze. I don't know if age plays a role in this, but I believe I've read over the years that it doesn't matter if you're 5 or 75, your personality determines which natural reaction you have. Maturity factor may play a minor role but you can't really deny personal nature.

That being said, I'm sure LE has way more info than we do but... at the end of the day, this is still a 15 year old girl. If *legally* she's unable to consent in other areas of her life (and she is) then it's hard to reconcile how *legally* she'd be responsible for other things.

I hope that made sense.

(please accept this is a very large dose of moo.)

This made PERFECT sense! Like you read my mind but worded it much better!

In the video when she was handcuffed and they were searching her, she showed no emotion at all. I guess I expected to see tears or fear or whatever but there was nothing and I was a bit surprised.

I don't know about you all (I'm 52), but if I was with some guy and he just shot a convenience store clerk to death, I don't know if I'd have the courage to "run" or if I'd freeze. I think I might be horrified he might shoot me too, if I ran. I'm not so sure we can expect a 15 yr old to be thinking rationally or maturely in such a situation.

moo.
51 and worked at a small town convenience store for years. I only had 1 person that was concerning. You just never know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh, so Trinity had a pistol in her backpack!!!
I don’t see a link for “Trinity had a pistol in her backpack”

This is what I find:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...missing-teen-case-tennessee-police/101249856/
They found a backpack with a pistol in it at the scene.

http://wdef.com/2017/05/03/trinity-quinn-daniel-clark-arrest-clerk-shooting-last-night/
Police say they found the gun used in the killing in the backpack that Clark was carrying.

http://wjhl.com/2017/05/03/manhunt-...uinn-suspect-who-killed-west-nashville-clerk/
Police have since recovered a handgun that was in a backpack that was in Clark’s possession at the time of his arrest.

Speaking of fight, flight or freeze. When I was 36 yrs old, I was sitting idle with my car cranked, in a parking space. A **** came up & said something, I said what? I froze and watched as he slipped his hand into the 1/4 rolled down window, unroll the remainder, point a pistol at my head, reach across the passenger area, turn the ignition off and take the keys. My reaction, grab my wallet, sit on it and ask if this is a joke, are you joking, are you serious ( i asked that abt 3 times, i was an idiot, I have no idea why I kept asking tht) He said "no ***** you're going to hand me tht wallet" I started screaming and laying down on the horn. I had so many opportunities to flee and sat frozen. I could've backed out, rolled the window up all kinds of things. I did none of them. I grew angry, and put my life in jeapardy. I do believe ppl react so differently. I could've backed out, my car was already running& dragged him along, half out the window lol and I could've been killed. I got very lucky. It just depends on situations and the person, & it could vary on any given day I would think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I guess I could have incorrectly interpreted this quote:

Quinn was handcuffed at the scene and*officers searched her clothing. They found a backpack with a pistol in it at the scene.*

My apologies!

I guess I could have incorrectly interpreted this quote:

Quinn was handcuffed at the scene and*officers searched her clothing. They found a backpack with a pistol in it at the scene.*

My apologies!

That article definitely makes it sound like she had the gun so I don't think you interpreted it wrong. I think the reporter may have stated the facts incorrectly.

Speaking of fight, flight or freeze. When I was 36 yrs old, I was sitting idle with my car cranked, in a parking space. A **** came up & said something, I said what? I froze and watched as he slipped his hand into the 1/4 rolled down window, unroll the remainder, point a pistol at my head, reach across the passenger area, turn the ignition off and take the keys. My reaction, grab my wallet, sit on it and ask if this is a joke, are you joking, are you serious ( i asked that abt 3 times, i was an idiot, I have no idea why I kept asking tht) He said "no ***** you're going to hand me tht wallet" I started screaming and laying down on the horn. I had so many opportunities to flee and sat frozen. I could've backed out, rolled the window up all kinds of things. I did none of them. I grew angry, and put my life in jeapardy. I do believe ppl react so differently. I could've backed out, my car was already running& dragged him along, half out the window lol and I could've been killed. I got very lucky. It just depends on situations and the person, & it could vary on any given day I would think.

Sent from my SM

When I was 19 years old, I worked swing shift, 4 PM to 1 AM. I'd just left work and hadn't bothered to wipe the mist off my windows. I was driving home and made a right turn, inadvertently cutting off another driver. He honked the horn and I thought that was the end of it. A bit farther down the road, he suddenly stopped, causing me to stop not far behind him. There were several young men in the car. The driver got out of the car and came toward mine. I was petrified and froze solid for a few seconds before coming to my senses, shifting into reverse, and then driving around his car. He actually hit my car with his fist before getting back into his!!! I hit the gas and made tracks. Fortunately, he calmed down and didn't pursue me further!!
That was freeze and flight all in one incident. Since that time, I never drive off before cleaning fog or frost from my windows...

How do we get from releasing her info on an Amber Alert to having her up on homicide charges in under 24 hours? Weird. Jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

How do we get from releasing her info on an Amber Alert to having her up on homicide charges in under 24 hours? Weird. Jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I am starting to see why people say "she went willingly" in these cases. It sends a mixed signal IMO. So now we have to hope and pray that there's no major crimes committed while these young teens are in the "company" of much older criminals? SMDH IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting to see why people say "she went willingly" in these cases. It sends a mixed signal IMO. So now we have to hope and pray that there's no major crimes committed while these young teens are in the "company" of much older criminals? SMDH IMO

I have to say, I'm puzzled. Obviously we don't know everything about the situation, but I can't believe that any teenager who left "willingly" with an adult who then committed murder, would be charged. I'm extremely anxious to get more details!

I can't help but think that there's a lot they aren't telling us at this time. I think the "she left willingly" is only what they want to release at this point.

MAN, TEEN CHARGED IN FATAL SHOOTING OF GAS STATION ATTENDANT

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-05-04-16-25-11

Detectives believe they spent Tuesday night in the woods of west Nashville before their arrest the next morning. Police said it appears the girl and Clark have known each other for years and have been planning to leave Dayton together for the past several weeks.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said the girl was charged with criminal homicide after police saw the video and interviewed her and Clark. Aaron said both of them implicated themselves in the interview as being involved in the shooting, but he did not provide details about their statements.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....y-be-tried-as-adult-for-west-nashville-murder
"NASHVILLE, TN — Nashville's district attorney intends to try Trinity Quinn, the 15-year-old charged with the murder of a West Nashville gas station clerk, as an adult, prosecutors informed juvenile court officials Thursday."
"Quinn's next hearing is May 16." (Tomorrow)
"Quinn briefly shopped before Clark approached the counter, pointed the gun at Stevens and then when Stevens tried to grab the gun, stepped back and shot Stevens multiple times. Investigators say the two rifled Stevens' pockets, locating keys, apparently in an attempt to find a car with fuel to further their escape."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back