Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it will. All this talk of long term abuse is forgetting a VERY important fact: Joe attended school. If he was being systematically abused he would have physical signs that his teachers surely would have noticed and due to the fact that Joe was a non-verbal, special needs child this would have triggered an immediate investigation if not by DCF but LE. Allegations of physical abuse against special needs children seems to register a stronger response from state agencies then allegations involving a regular child.

I also keep going back to the earlier statement from DCF themselves, they have no records of reports made against the family for the past 3 years. No, I don't believe there was any long-term abuse, I think this was a one-off incident where dad, for whatever reason, lost it and went over the edge.

Should I just say the names of Lucas Hernandez, or Sherin Mathews?

JMO here but just the fact that a father can dispose of his very own blood, five year old son like trash and leave him in the woods, water or wherever he threw him away is very telling to me that he did not care a crap about this little boy.

Should I just say the names of Lucas Hernandez, or Sherin Mathews?

Neither of which were special needs children, I specifically stated that special needs children tend to register a stronger response then regular children. I don't know about the Mathews case but the Hernandez case involved reports to DCF for abuse and family came out to state they themselves made reports involving abuse. None of this has happened in this case. If Joe was being regularly abused someone would have come forward by now to announce they knew and reported it, this hasn't happened.

I don't think it will. All this talk of long term abuse is forgetting a VERY important fact: Joe attended school. If he was being systematically abused he would have physical signs that his teachers surely would have noticed and due to the fact that Joe was a non-verbal, special needs child this would have triggered an immediate investigation if not by DCF but LE. Allegations of physical abuse against special needs children seems to register a stronger response from state agencies then allegations involving a regular child.

I also keep going back to the earlier statement from DCF themselves, they have no records of reports made against the family for the past 3 years. No, I don't believe there was any long-term abuse, I think this was a one-off incident where dad, for whatever reason, lost it and went over the edge.
After reading your posts here, I've decided that if I ever get into trouble, I'm hiring you as my defense attorney... [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

After reading your posts here, I've decided that if I ever get into trouble, I'm hiring you as my defense attorney... [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I take that as a compliment. I pride myself on being subjective and not jumping to conclusions, I would be a very ineffectual researcher if I did otherwise.

Agree. My son goes to a special school, mostly kids with autism, and the staff nearly outnumber the kids. There are so many adults involved in the care of SN kids that abuse really can't go unnoticed. I note that the school he [the victim] attended was a mainstream school with a Special Ed department that appears very well staffed. I find it hard to believe none of them would have noticed.

special ed is nothing like mainstream classes where it's 1 teacher to 20-30 kids and things can get missed.

Thank you for posting it. How sad that his school seems to have given Joe more love than his own family at home...
So incredibly sad. I hope he is in peace now

yeah, his school looks great. I'm sure that his teachers are really hurting right now. I've found that the staff that choose to work in special ed form really close bonds with their kids and are so loving.

Abusers often know how to not leave marks.

And I imagine a non-verbal child would be a pretty easy target for abuse.

Sadly, special needs children (and adults) seem to be subject to abuse far too often. And sometimes it goes on for a long time before people even notice.

Neither of which were special needs children, I specifically stated that special needs children tend to register a stronger response then regular children. I don't know about the Mathews case but the Hernandez case involved reports to DCF for abuse and family came out to state they themselves made reports involving abuse. None of this has happened in this case. If Joe was being regularly abused someone would have come forward by now to announce they knew and reported it, this hasn't happened.
I think She's in was.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Abusers often know how to not leave marks.

And I imagine a non-verbal child would be a pretty easy target for abuse.

Sadly, special needs children (and adults) seem to be subject to abuse far too often. And sometimes it goes on for a long time before people even notice.

This guy doesn't strike me as intelligent or calculating enough to know how not to leave marks. He apparently beat his kid to death by punching him in the face and body, obviously he doesn't care about leaving marks when he's angry.

What really concerns me is less about physical abuse and more neglect. The neighbor stated that she and others in the neighborhood were leaving pillows and blankets outside for Joe and when she returned him the one time she found the family in the living room and someone said that Joe must've moved the chair to get out. That sounds like they had him locked up in a room to me. Did anyone else get that impression from the neighbor's comments or am I reading too much into it?

Thanks, Spellbound! :loveyou:

Notice that he's 5'11", weighs 280 pounds and is unemployed. Under number of children it says 1 - does that mean the other kids aren't his biologically?

I took it to mean that he has one living child.

Does anyone have the link handy to check out current/new prisoners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see some of you have started, but just to confirm, the mother can be fully sleuthed now on the forum. You can sleuth her social media, prior criminal record, etc.

I think we all knew this was coming, but it's an extra blow when both parents are part of the murder.

Before she cleaned up her FB she freely spoke of her schizophrenia, bi-polar and anxiety.
At one point she was hospitalized for it.

Mom's Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/krystal.daniels.14

OMG! She identifies herself as a juggalo, that tells me all I need to know about her.

I try REALLY hard not to judge people by the pop culture they consume, because for most people it really does mean nothing at all in the bigger picture of who they are as people and members of society. But ... juggalos, man. That is on a whole other level.

This poor boy. He deserved so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PBA23