TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can extract her DNA from the clothes, they may be able to extract any foreign DNA from them as well. Why would her clothes be left near the car close to the road, but not her body? Could be that they were in a hurry to get rid of the body. Maybe threw her in the trunk and didn't stop to pick up her clothes, thinking they wouldn't be able to find any evidence on them, and took her someplace remote to finish the job. Could have dumped her deep in the woods or in a lake somewhere.

I would never say a perp would NOT do something... they do all kinds of things. Some are pretty smart and others not so much.

I'm not ready to commit to it being the hubby yet, since this was supposedly an amicable divorce and neither one of them had moved out yet. She apparently was not afraid of him, since they still lived together, so I don't see anything that points to him yet.

RE change in direction of vehicle: I imagine LE has determined this by tracing tire tracks that match the tread of Ms. Swift's vehicle. The big question is why would the car suddenly change direction? Did someone intentionally cause damage to her car and she tried to elude him as he pursued her? Or, was the car disabled by the flat tire (unknowingly caused by sabotage), and when she got out to look at the damage, she was ambushed; her assailant then turned the car around to throw LE off the trail?

I wonder if the flat tire was caused by: a bullet or other missive; a foreign object in the road; or air being let out.

BBM

Looking at the areal photo you can see how large the area was where the car was found. A perfect place to pull over with a flat tire. Looking up the road you can see there was no shoulder on the opposite side of the road to park the car. She likely changed direction to park in this larger area on the opposite side of the road for safety and the fact there was no where to park on the side of the road in the direction she was originally traveling.

I would imagine investigators could see the tire tracks in the gravel to know that she turned around to park here, instead of just pulling off the road and parking. A flat tire might leave some what of a skid mark on the pavement when turning this sharp also if it was the front tire which was flat.

JMO

1574760-H.jpg

It is really quiet here and all we hear locally is the same for everyone else that checks in on this case. I really have come to appreciate this site more than ever once I see things pop up on the web as "sources close to the investigation" yadaydayada.....I am sorry but I don't see this happening. Can't make me believe that someone in the "know" is sharing vital information across the country. JMO but it "ain't happening."
Thank you Websleuths for all you stand for!!

ETA: should be country instead of county,sorry...hope I got it changed.

amen nana... I hear ya and know what you are saying....

and....

totally agree

I kinda figured you would get my drift there Nursie,lol,lol.:innocent:

loud and clear Nana!:rocker:

I hope we get some real news today on how the investigation is progressing. It seems that they are really working their tails off..

And personally I think they (LE) have a good idea of what may have happened here.. jmhoo:twocents:

It is really quiet here and all we hear locally is the same for everyone else that checks in on this case. I really have come to appreciate this site more than ever once I see things pop up on the web as "sources close to the investigation" yadaydayada.....I am sorry but I don't see this happening. Can't make me believe that someone in the "know" is sharing vital information across the country. JMO but it "ain't happening."
Thank you Websleuths for all you stand for!!

ETA: should be country instead of county,sorry...hope I got it changed.
Thanks for checking in here!! I think I totally get your drift, too, and I tend to agree.

I personally would really love to see "news blogs" such as huffington post, gather, examiner, etc. not be allowed to be linked to here.

Do we know if Karen attended a party that night or planned on attending one? Her Halloween costume was found in the car. I'm trying to figure out if she was returning from a party or leaving to go to one. We know she picked up her sick daughter but where was Karen before then?

Maybe these questions were answered and I missed them.

Do we know if Karen attended a party that night or planned on attending one? Her Halloween costume was found in the car. I'm trying to figure out if she was returning from a party or leaving to go to one. We know she picked up her sick daughter but where was Karen before then?

Maybe these questions were answered and I missed them.

Yes, she went to a Halloween party at "The Farms" in town. Her husband did not go. The girl(s) were at a sleepover. At some point one of them called her, wanting to go home. She picked her up and went home with her.

:rose: Karen is being featured on our front page. I pray it brings the tip needed to bring her home! :rose:

Yes, she went to a Halloween party at "The Farms" in town. Her husband did not go. The girl(s) were at a sleepover. At some point one of them called her, wanting to go home. She picked her up and went home with her.

IIRC she spoke to husband who was upstairs while she was downstairs when she dropped off her daughter, and he did not see her - all according to her husband. True, he may have been sleepy, or whatever and just hearing her voice he had no reason to actually see her..
Yet, that kind of "distancing himself" by the husband raises suspicion in my mind. He remains the last the person we know of who had contact with her.. Could he be mad that she left her sick daughter and was going out again.
Now finding her clothing and no body doesn't make sense... appears like a ruse.
All this is just my opinion of course.

Has there been any mention of who Karen went to the party with? Or if she may have been seeing someone? Did she plan to go meet someone after dropping off her daughter? Also, why did she go get her daughter and not her husband who was home alone anyway? Has dad taken a LDT?

The TBI is stepping up efforts to find a missing Dyersburg woman. Karen Swift disappeared nearly two weeks ago. Now investigators are bringing in heavy duty equipment to help with the search.

"I think every day we're closer, and we're not getting discouraged," says Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box.

Dyer County investigators are holding out hope as they gather needed clues into the disappearance of Karen Swift. The only real clue so far, is Swift's car.

"There’s nothing to indicate a struggle. No blood," says the sheriff.

The car was found about a mile from Swift's home. Detectives did find clothes inside. Those items were sent to the Tennessee State Crime Lab for review. Investigators are also looking over Swift's phone records.

"As far as releasing that, we can't afford to do that. It'll jeopardize the investigation,” Sheriff Box tells abc24.com.

Box did say one of the last people Karen Swift was in touch with before she disappeared was her teenage daughter. She sent a text message to her mom saying, “Mom come get me.” Authorities say Karen Swift picked up her daughter from a Halloween party. According to investigators, they arrived home between 1:30 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. Sunday, October 30th. Later that morning, Karen Swift was gone.
http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...rsburg-Mom/mHH1jSHbmk2DiFD9aEpxCw.cspx?rss=59

another snip from ^^that link:

For the first time investigators with the TBI's Mobile Crime Lab searched the Swift family home on Thursday, November 10th. They're in the process of reviewing Swift's phone records, but so far haven't turned up much.

Fuller is holding out hope and his heart goes out to the Swift family.

"I would like to know if she's dead or alive just to give the family some kind of peace," he says.

Dyer County Deputies say they will have volunteers on horseback searching nearby woods Saturday morning. If you have any information, call the Dyer County Sheriff's Office at 731-285-2802.

IIRC she spoke to husband who was upstairs while she was downstairs when she dropped off her daughter, and he did not see her - all according to her husband. True, he may have been sleepy, or whatever and just hearing her voice he had no reason to actually see her..
Yet, that kind of "distancing himself" by the husband raises suspicion in my mind. He remains the last the person we know of who had contact with her.. Could he be mad that she left her sick daughter and was going out again.
Now finding her clothing and no body doesn't make sense... appears like a ruse.
All this is just my opinion of course.
BBM

Didn't one report say she laid down with her daughter? And when her daughter woke around up around 5:30 she was gone?

If they can extract her DNA from the clothes, they may be able to extract any foreign DNA from them as well. Why would her clothes be left near the car close to the road, but not her body? Could be that they were in a hurry to get rid of the body. Maybe threw her in the trunk and didn't stop to pick up her clothes, thinking they wouldn't be able to find any evidence on them, and took her someplace remote to finish the job. Could have dumped her deep in the woods or in a lake somewhere.

I would never say a perp would NOT do something... they do all kinds of things. Some are pretty smart and others not so much.

I'm not ready to commit to it being the hubby yet, since this was supposedly an amicable divorce and neither one of them had moved out yet. She apparently was not afraid of him, since they still lived together, so I don't see anything that points to him yet.

It's unlikely a perp would sexually attack and then take the victim and leave the clothes, but if he lived nearby he may want to put that distance between the victim and his area/comfort zone. Of course, they could have been planted; wish we knew exactly where the clothing was found and if her underwear was found also. Odd. IMO

1575997-L.jpg

"(The team) out of the Memphis crime lab responded to the Swift residence today to look for evidence of a crime scene," said TBI spokesperson Kristin Helm. "The Special Agent Forensic Scientists are specially trained to look for trace evidence that could be collected and processed back at the laboratory."

Dyer County Sheriff's Chief Investigator Terry McCreight said the family is cooperating with them and voluntarily left the house while agents performed their investigation. Deputies initially searched the house on Sunday after Swift was reported missing.

Although the forensic agents were mainly focused on the residence and collecting evidence, McCreight said northing specifically led them there other than that is where she was last seen.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1783449.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member