TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When reviewing the listings for RSOs in the area, is the nature of their offense given? Some RSOs target a particular gender or age group. I'm just wondering if these persons would have relevance, in this case. Thanks

LindaG - you are thinking like I'm thinking....atm

The one that is listed as absconded was convicted 03/01/1997 for ATT RAPE

The one that is registered on Millsfield was convicted 10/05/2003 ATT AGGRAVATED SEXUAL BATTERY - this guy's yard backs onto that bush where Otto just highlighted all the paths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and THIS FACT should be considered imho.

eta: These two guys also share the same last name and are 5 years apart.

Also an interesting clue from the article that the phone automatically connected to the internet. Which means Karen could have been dead long before 5:00 AM. That really opens up the time line and does not necessarily place the phone with Karen when she was alive.

The way I look at it this could mean one of three things.

1. Karen's phone was left with her body somewhere and it automatically connected to the internet and than the phone went dead?
  2. The phone was disposed of in one location and her body in another? Perhaps being thrown off a bridge as the perp drove over the river in one direction or the other.
  3. Karen's body was being transported at the time her phone automatically connected to the internet and the river has nothing to do with where she will be found?

My gut tells me you find the phone you will find Karen. I don't think she is in the water or the phone would have likely turned off prior to the automatic internet connection. IIRC we know the phone turned off moments after the 5:00 AM (internet connection) ping. The chances of the phone connecting to the internet just prior to her body being thrown in the river (which would have turned off the phone) are slim. I think her body might have been being transported at the time when her phone automatically connect to the internet and the phone just happened to be near the river at the time. The phone battery could have been low at this time and the automatic internet connection was enough to shut the phone down. Either way I think it gives the general direction as to which way to look for her body if she is in fact dead.
For those of us who do not have cell phones which automatically connect with the Internet, could you possibly explain how this occurs?

:waitasec:

TIA!

For those of us who do not have cell phones which automatically connect with the Internet, could you possibly explain how this occurs?

TIA!

Your guess is as good as mine.

I do know my phone (a smart phone) is constantly updated with information such as Email's and it's location. I don't know what programs or applications Karen might have had been running on her phone, but I would think some different programs automatically access the internet at certain times such as Email. With the hilly topography of Tennessee it might be hit and miss on service depending where the phone is. The phone might have been in a location where it wasn't receiving service and then updated the latest information such as any Emails or the phone's location as the phone traveled to an area where there was service. This might be what the ping was for an automatic internet connection was for.

I would think the same would go for instant messaging. If Karen received a text from someone the system would have automatically connected to her phone to download the message and alert her to the fact that she received a message.

I would think LE and the cell phone provider should be able to determine what the automatic internet connection was for and give some clues as to what was going on.

JMO

I do know my phone (a smart phone) is constantly updated with information such as Email's and it's location. I don't know what programs or applications Karen might have had been running on her phone, but I would think some different programs automatically access the internet at certain times such as Email. With the hilly topography of Tennessee it might be hit and miss on service depending where the phone is. The phone might have been in a location where it wasn't receiving service and then updated the latest information such as any Emails or the phone's location as the phone traveled to an area where there was service. This might be what the ping was for an automatic internet connection was for.

I would think the same would go for instant messaging. If Karen received a text from someone the system would have automatically connected to her phone to download the message and alert her to the fact that she received a message.

I would think LE and the cell phone provider should be able to determine what the automatic internet connection was for and give some clues as to what was going on.

JMO

Maybe one of the "fancy" phones - she could have facebook (or some other such website) open and it was updated at that time.

I know that my husband has an Ebay Application on his phone. He gets updates on his phone from them all the time. It sounds like a text message and gives him statuses on the "Watch List" items as well as Auction Items he is bidding for. If he is outbid it notifies him so that he can bid again.

JMO
Thank you! I hadn't thought of e-mail, FB updates, and so forth. That would make sense.

:)

DH works in IT and I just asked him what it could be. He said that it's unlikely that anything other than social media or an automatic GPS locator would contact on its own.

Somewhere I read that it was Google? He said that Google has Google+ which is its social media site. Perhaps it was that? I searched and saw that there are a few "Karen Swift" profiles - some are not her but a few seem to be either private or not currently active (no info available for me to see).

LindaG - you are thinking like I'm thinking....atm

The one that is listed as absconded was convicted 03/01/1997 for ATT RAPE

The one that is registered on Millsfield was convicted 10/05/2003 ATT AGGRAVATED SEXUAL BATTERY - this guy's yard backs onto that bush where Otto just highlighted all the paths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and THIS FACT should be considered imho.

eta: These two guys also share the same last name and are 5 years apart.

If it was an RSO, then I am assuming that he must have run into the opportunity. He did not break into the home as far as we have been told. It would mean he either followed her at 1:30 when she came home with her daughter or was already stalking her, or came upon her when she went back out again. Any other possible scenarios?

DH works in IT and I just asked him what it could be. He said that it's unlikely that anything other than social media or an automatic GPS locator would contact on its own.

Somewhere I read that it was Google? He said that Google has Google+ which is its social media site. Perhaps it was that? I searched and saw that there are a few "Karen Swift" profiles - some are not her but a few seem to be either private or not currently active (no info available for me to see).

An automatic GPS locator is intriguing, as the phone went dead shortly after this automatic update. Would it be possible the perpetrator noticed the update and therefore discarded the phone at that time?

If it was an RSO, then I am assuming that he must have run into the opportunity. He did not break into the home as far as we have been told. It would mean he either followed her at 1:30 when she came home with her daughter or was already stalking her, or came upon her when she went back out again. Any other possible scenarios?

Halloween party? Maybe he met her there.

In the absence of the pending divorce, etc., I would be looking very hard at the RSO's. But right now, they're 2nd on my list to someone much closer to the situation... Sadly, we see too many cases like this. :(

The Farms is very upscale....I may be bad wrong but I doubt an RSO would have been at the party. But you never know! Maybe one could have been working in the dining area though? Hmmm,lol.

There are people I know that went to that party.

That might have some merit if we knew why she left the house at such an early hour of the morning. There weren't any calls after she arrived home, so the only possibility that she left on her own to meet someone would have to have been arranged sometime earlier. But again, why so early in the morning?

That might have some merit if we knew why she left the house at such an early hour of the morning. There weren't any calls after she arrived home, so the only possibility that she left on her own to meet someone would have to have been arranged sometime earlier. But again, why so early in the morning?

She left her party because her daughter was sick so she took her home. If we believe she left the home after dropping off her daughter, it could be she either went back to the party or met up with someone willingly or on her way back met with foul play.

Just theorizing based on the RSO info. I hope LE looked into it.

She left her party because her daughter was sick so she took her home. If we believe she left the home after dropping off her daughter, it could be she either went back to the party or met up with someone willingly or on her way back met with foul play.

Just theorizing based on the RSO info. I hope LE looked into it.

Me too n/t....I also heard the party did not go all that late so who knows. If the party ended at 12 or 12:30 then there was some time in there that none of us know about. Of course nothing is being told to the public yet so we wait...............sigh.

Thinking about it, she picked up her daughter and had to settle her in before she could leave. That is, there is no way that she could have really scheduled a meeting time. If she were meeting someone, she and that person would have exchanged numbers, and had contact at the time that she left the house - that makes a lot more sense. Since there is no contact with anyone between 2 and 5, I doubt she left for a pre-arranged meeting at the end of the driveway where she inexplicably got a flat tire at the same time, and then disappeared.

I doubt that she left the house to buy medicine. She had two children, 6 and 9, and there would most likely always be basic medicine in the house. Furthermore, her daughter was sleeping and wasn't complaining or asking for medicine.

There is no logical reason for her to leave the house between 2 and 5, therefore, in my humble opinion, she did not leave the house on her own strength.

Thinking about it, she picked up her daughter and had to settle her in before she coud leave. That is, there is no way that she could have really scheduled a meeting time. If she were meeting someone, she and that person would have exchanged numbers, and had contact at the time that she left the house - that makes a lot more sense. Since there is no contact with anyone between 2 and 5, I doubt she left for a pre-arranged meeting at the end of the driveway where she inexplicably got a flat tire at the same time, and then disappeared.

I doubt that she left the house to buy medicine. She had two children, 6 and 9, and there would most likely always be basic medicine in the house. Furthermore, her daughter was sleeping and wasn't complaining or asking for medicine.

There is no logical reason for her to leave the house between 2 and 5, therefore, in my humble opinion, she did not leave the house on her own strength.

Just bouncing off your post here.....how do we know there was no phone contact between 2 and 5? Not sure if it has been posted or not..that there was absoloutely no contact between those hours...my mind is mush I have read so much in this case..and could be something they are not putting out there also.....second phone perhaps????

Since there is no logical reason for Karen to leave the home in the middle of the night, that means, if she has disappeared, that her husband knows more than he is telling.

I suspect that Karen put her daughter to bed and then got up for some reason. While she was up, I suspect that there was some sort of a planned attack. It's hard to say what happened next, but I suspect that the plan had been carefully sorted out over the previous two weeks. The main factors were probably location of vehicle, locaton of phone, location of clothing and location of body.

The car was found unlocked, halloween clothes in car, clothes she was probably wearing earlier nearby, under brush or in the forest (?). The phone pinged one tower and could have come from the locations of the home or the river. If we place the car and clothes near the home, the phone possibly pinging from around the home, then it's quite possible that she too is near the home. Have her pyjamas been found - is it confirmed that she got dressed again, or is it an odd fact that her pyjamas and the clothes she was wearing are missing. If they're both missing, there's no question who is responsible.

If she's near the home, then something like an ATV was probably used to move her into the back fields and I would be looking for any kind of loose dirt, in the water and everywhere in the vicinity of the house. Police should be asking everyone to check their back buildings and around their homes for something unusual.

Just bouncing off your post here.....how do we know there was no phone contact between 2 and 5? Not sure if it has been posted or not..that there was absoloutely no contact between those hours...my mind is mush I have read so much in this case..and could be something they are not putting out there also.....second phone perhaps????

What I've heard (sorry no link) is that there was no activity on her phone between the time that her daughter called and the 5 AM ping. If she was going to rendezvous with someone, the most likely setup would be that she would call or text the guy when she was free to leave. They would then meet at some preset location, most likely not the end of the driveway with a flat time ... but supposing they were going to meet and she had a flat as soon as she left the house to meet a guy she just met ... wouldn't she just tell him raincheck and go back home? That ... and what has been reported is that there was no activity until 5 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties