TN TN - Kathy Jones, 12, Nashville, 29 Nov 1969 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Veidt, thank you for the information about maps. I have poked around that site quite a bit and have uncovered a few scraps of information.

I have found a couple of maps that I posted, but they are probably the same one you found... or similar.

I will look into the library thing. I can't go there, but I'll see what I can do. Thank you for the link.

I appreciate your interest in the case. Thank you for your kind words about Kathy.

Veidt, thank you for the information about maps. I have poked around that site quite a bit and have uncovered a few scraps of information.

I have found a couple of maps that I posted, but they are probably the same one you found... or similar.

I will look into the library thing. I can't go there, but I'll see what I can do. Thank you for the link.

I appreciate your interest in the case. Thank you for your kind words about Kathy.

For what it's worth, I've sometimes needed (once for another case on WS) stuff that was only available in libraries somewhere that was too far away for me to plan a trip there and I've gotten lots of help just by e-mailing or calling. :)

For what it's worth, I've sometimes needed (once for another case on WS) stuff that was only available in libraries somewhere that was too far away for me to plan a trip there and I've gotten lots of help just by e-mailing or calling. :)

That is good advice. I didn't know they would do that. Since they might even have a phone with a decent camera maybe I could get it quickly even. I guess I need to remember they would think of it as doing something for Kathy (a little girl) more than me (a grown adult). Or, I think that is how I'd think of it...

There are a lot of new people around Woodbine now (not saying anything negative), so I do not know how much they would know about Kathy. But, this does not mean that they would not be very, very concerned if they did know. After, all these places are still there and they see them all of the time. So, it would put this distant event into present reality even for someone who doesn't know that this is perhaps the most heinous thing to ever happen there.

IDK if it is still true, but when I'd go to Woodbine (I didn't live there when I lived in Nashville, but it wasn't too far of a drive), it was HEAVILY patrolled by Metro Police. I wonder if that is still true?

South Precinct used to be pretty close to the intersection of Nolensville Rd. and Thompson Lane. It was on Nolensville Rd. I'm not sure when they closed it. I can remember it being open so after 1969 for sure. And the building could not have been built and abandoned between times. I'm not sure if the building is still there or not. It was still there and not really abandoned.. I think Metro Police used it for something still.. file or whatever. But, that did change at some point.. I am not sure now. It's probably a used car lot these days or something who knows...

I am not feeling too well, so I might not be around much over the next couple of days. I appreciate everything everyone is doing for Kathy. Thank you.

Love,
December

I am not feeling too well, so I might not be around much over the next couple of days. I appreciate everything everyone is doing for Kathy. Thank you.

Love,
December

Get some rest, sweet December. Hope you are feeling better soon!:getwell:

Love,
December

I hope you feel better soon. :cupcake:

As to your other post, sorry for not replying sooner. If you want, I can e-mail the library and ask.

For what it's worth, most of the times I've e-mailed librarians (not the ones in Nashville) they've always been helpful and most of the time it has nothing to do with WS, it's just me wanting a copy of whatever for research papers and so on... so if their librarians are anything like most of the ones I've encountered they'll be fine with helping you.

If you think they're more likely to help if they know this is about Kathy but don't know if they would remember her case (another thing to consider, they may be younger and not really know about the case, or may have heard about it but not know the impact as you described it) you can always add a quick description of the case. Something like the title of this thread would be enough, I would think.

Anyway, get well first. :seeya:

EDIT: I forgot to say, I'm still reading through this thread and others. I've just been on WS less because I got busy but I'm still making an effort to come here and catch up on threads.

I hope you feel better soon. :cupcake:

As to your other post, sorry for not replying sooner. If you want, I can e-mail the library and ask.

For what it's worth, most of the times I've e-mailed librarians (not the ones in Nashville) they've always been helpful and most of the time it has nothing to do with WS, it's just me wanting a copy of whatever for research papers and so on... so if their librarians are anything like most of the ones I've encountered they'll be fine with helping you.

If you think they're more likely to help if they know this is about Kathy but don't know if they would remember her case (another thing to consider, they may be younger and not really know about the case, or may have heard about it but not know the impact as you described it) you can always add a quick description of the case. Something like the title of this thread would be enough, I would think.

Anyway, get well first. :seeya:

EDIT: I forgot to say, I'm still reading through this thread and others. I've just been on WS less because I got busy but I'm still making an effort to come here and catch up on threads.

Thank you for the get well wishes.

I went to the doctor so.. hopefully I'll feel better soon.

As far as the library, I will give it a try.

My main experience has been going there when I had a specific goal in mind. But, that has been some time ago and it is easier to send things now than it was then.

So, I'll give it a try.

I appreciate your interest (and everyone's interest) in Kathy's story and trying to help solve her case once and for all! I would love to see the murderer identified.

I don't know if that will explain why such a horrible thing happened. I know the explanation won't be very good because murderers are so petty. But, maybe there will be a little bit of one.. I guess all families (and friends) or murder victims can't keep from asking why over and over...

Kathy's death, when it is written about, is often written about along with Reba Kay Green and Wanda June Anderson. These are two other little girls about her age murdered in Nashville in the 1960s. Wanda was lured from where she was baby sitting and she was raped and murdered by blunt force trauma to the head. Reba Kay Green was stabbed while she slept beside her twin sister.. one stab wound killed her.

I don't know if these murders are reported along with Kathy's just because they are also unsolved murders from the 1960s (Kathy's is the most recent) or if they truly are connected. Police have hinted they might be.. but I don't know why they say that. Maybe they feel there could only be so many people running around murdering young girls at the time.

There are hundreds of unsolved cases in Nashville. I know the police do go back and try to review all of them regularly. Kathy's case has been worked really hard during specific time periods. Right after it happened, it was worked for six months straight. I haven't seen the case, but enough people in my family have talked to the police I know it is an extensive file that many detectives have examined. They've also run down leads... and, I think, done everything they can think of to solve it.

I hope something is found... maybe something that was impossible even a few years ago.. that will solve the case. Maybe this, in turn, will solve some other cases. I can only hope so....

I get frustrated sometimes. But, I do appreciate everyone's help. A lot of the frustration is at myself for not knowing more or being able to do more.

I was reading about Christine Rothschild's murder again tonight, and a couple of facts jumped out at me that I didn't recall when we started discussing Kathy's murder. I'm not suggesting there's a connection, but think it's worth noting.

CR was found dead on the University of Wisconsin campus at Madison on May 26, 1968. She was "beaten with a fist", stabbed 14 times in the chest and neck with a double-edged blade. COD was a pucture wound which pierced the heart. Her gloves were shoved down her throat, and she was strangled with a piece of cloth torn from the lining of her coat.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/19250599.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...q=christine rothschild murder&pg=7170,5494682

Bessie, you are so good at remembering details from these cases. I got a chill when I read about the gloves and coat lining. All I could think was, 'Oh my!' I do think that you are on to something.

Christine Rothschild's murder did not include sexual assault, but how many other cases include articles of clothing down the victims throat and use of victim's coat lining to strangle? Can't be many.

Not sexually assaulting Christine might be explained: she could have fought back until death not allowing him the chance to rape her before he killed her. Kathy may have been too frightened to fight back initially or just too small to put up much of a fight.

I'm with you -- I certainly think it worth sleuthing. Not sure if the guy that they talked about in 2009 (as a person of interest for Christine Rothschild) is the right perp -- he would have been 17 in 1969 and not sure if he had any connection to Nashville. Can't find where he was ever convicted on this crime.

These cases have many similarities that I see (and I'm probably missing others): targeting victims who were walking/jogging alone on a cold day, badly beaten young girls, use of knife, coat lining used to strangle, clothing items put down throat, left in a public place, hidden by shrubs/tall grass and both killed by monsters.

I was reading about Christine Rothschild's murder again tonight, and a couple of facts jumped out at me that I didn't recall when we started discussing Kathy's murder. I'm not suggesting there's a connection, but think it's worth noting.

CR was found dead on the University of Wisconsin campus at Madison on May 26, 1968. She was "beaten with a fist", stabbed 14 times in the chest and neck with a double-edged blade. COD was a pucture wound which pierced the heart. Her gloves were shoved down her throat, and she was strangled with a piece of cloth torn from the lining of her coat.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/19250599.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...q=christine rothschild murder&pg=7170,5494682
there are a lot of similarities between the murders, imo.

i am so sad to hear about Christine. i want to cry.

Bessie, you are so good at remembering details from these cases. I got a chill when I read about the gloves and coat lining. All I could think was, 'Oh my!' I do think that you are on to something.

Christine Rothschild's murder did not include sexual assault, but how many other cases include articles of clothing down the victims throat and use of victim's coat lining to strangle? Can't be many.

Not sexually assaulting Christine might be explained: she could have fought back until death not allowing him the chance to rape her before he killed her. Kathy may have been too frightened to fight back initially or just too small to put up much of a fight.

I'm with you -- I certainly think it worth sleuthing. Not sure if the guy that they talked about in 2009 (as a person of interest for Christine Rothschild) is the right perp -- he would have been 17 in 1969 and not sure if he had any connection to Nashville. Can't find where he was ever convicted on this crime.

These cases have many similarities that I see (and I'm probably missing others): targeting victims who were walking/jogging alone on a cold day, badly beaten young girls, use of knife, coat lining used to strangle, clothing items put down throat, left in a public place, hidden by shrubs/tall grass and both killed by monsters.

Christine might have died before he could rape her. (He meaning the murderer, who knows if it's their POI or not.) Oh, wait you said that.

Maybe they need to look at some of Kathy's suspects for Christine.

Just checking in, hope you are feeling better soon, December!

That is a pretty specific thing to cut the liner out of a coat! I do wonder if there might have been a movie or book that referenced this? Or if it is taught in survival training... And as well... How many crimes involve this tactic.

I can't really find anything online, but I am probably not using the right search terms...

Thanks for the link, Nerosleuth! It's a good one to bookmark.

Just checking in, hope you are feeling better soon, December!

That is a pretty specific thing to cut the liner out of a coat! I do wonder if there might have been a movie or book that referenced this? Or if it is taught in survival training... And as well... How many crimes involve this tactic.

I can't really find anything online, but I am probably not using the right search terms...

cutting up the victim's clothing would be in various types of training manuals of a scary nature.

so, books or movies about professional killers maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas