TN TN - Kathy Jones, 12, Nashville, 29 Nov 1969 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have been thinking about someone slipping some alcohol in her coke. I wonder how that would affect her? She wouldn't know she'd drank it and she would be unfamiliar with its effects and she was only 12. Alcohol makes some people sleepy.

But, if it was only a small amount given before she was abducted to make her easier to take, it seems it might go through her system before she died.

I called Spring Hill Cemetery this morning and spoke with Jessica about the location of Kathy's burial site. She was very pleasant and after doing a bit of research, she called me back with the information. The first thing she asked was if I knew Kathy was only 12 years old. I explained that I did then gave her a brief history of what happened. She said that she hoped we would catch the killer. Kathy's burial location is: Garden T, Lot 321 1/2, #2. (And there was no charge)

I drove over to the cemetery this afternoon, picked up a map at the office then proceeded to Garden T. I didn't know if she had a headstone or a flat marker. After walking aimlessly around, I discovered the flat marker fairly close to the road (and of course on the other side of where I parked my car). I had to brush the dead grass off to read it all. Underneath her name and the dates, it has, "Our daughter - God's angel." She has a vase of pink artificial flowers.

I noticed her brother Kelly's headstone in close proximity which is fairly large and has JONES in large letters. Unfortunately, I could not find Nora's (her mother). I plan on returning with a friend who has a camera so I can post photos. Today was such a beautiful day that I wished I could have taken some pictures.

Thank you Searchin', what a sweet gesture...I love the inscription...tears for Kathy.

I called Spring Hill Cemetery this morning and spoke with Jessica about the location of Kathy's burial site. She was very pleasant and after doing a bit of research, she called me back with the information. The first thing she asked was if I knew Kathy was only 12 years old. I explained that I did then gave her a brief history of what happened. She said that she hoped we would catch the killer. Kathy's burial location is: Garden T, Lot 321 1/2, #2. (And there was no charge)

I drove over to the cemetery this afternoon, picked up a map at the office then proceeded to Garden T. I didn't know if she had a headstone or a flat marker. After walking aimlessly around, I discovered the flat marker fairly close to the road (and of course on the other side of where I parked my car). I had to brush the dead grass off to read it all. Underneath her name and the dates, it has, "Our daughter - God's angel." She has a vase of pink artificial flowers.

I noticed her brother Kelly's headstone in close proximity which is fairly large and has JONES in large letters. Unfortunately, I could not find Nora's (her mother). I plan on returning with a friend who has a camera so I can post photos. Today was such a beautiful day that I wished I could have taken some pictures.

That is so sweet of you. I appreciate it so much.

Nora's is fairly nearby, but she is buried above ground (I know someone is... I remember one of the sisters pointing out one and saying she had already bought it to be beside her sister because she promised).

However, Donna did some moving around when she worked there. (Which was more recent than the last time I went.) She moved Brenda to be with Faye (since Brenda's coffin was teeny tiny as she was a little baby) and Faye always missed getting to know Brenda.

I appreciate Jessica for being so very kind.

I thought I remembered a few flowers carved onto Kathy's headstone.

Overtime, I think I partly got Brenda's headstone and Kathy's headstone mixed up in my mind as I saw them both that day. Kelly was still alive at that point. I miss Kelly so much.

I don't know for sure Kathy's father's name. But, Kelly's first name is William. So, maybe that is a clue?

JRJ was identified because I said Russell instead of Darrell in a post. This does not prove his innocence. But, we were looking for a relative of Kathy's (not my relative, btw) and HIS name is Darrell not Russell. But, I just typed Russell again by mistake. Hmm. for some reason I KEEP making that error. Maybe that guy JRJ is a very, very good suspect!

Anyway, MrsTigglesworth tried to find a link between JRJ and Kathy's family and she could not. But, if you think about WHY she would be doing that you will have his last name. ETA a family link, I mean.

Somehow along the way I have gotten confused/lost about who this JRJ is ... I know we can't post the name, but can someone tell me:

(1) Was this person ever an "official" POI or suspect, that we know of?
(2) Was/Is this person a cab driver?

The cab driver thing is something that hasn't come up in a few days.

I figure -- unless it was just one, specific POI that LE was looking at for some other reason, who happened to be a cab driver, and that morphed somehow into "they were talking to cab drivers -- there must be a reason they were talking to cab drivers.

Kathy sighted talking to one? One seen acting suspiciously? A cab noticed near the vacant lot around the time they think Kathy came to be there? Or maybe just checking with cab drivers to see what they might have witnessed, out and about on their jobs?

Somehow along the way I have gotten confused/lost about who this JRJ is ... I know we can't post the name, but can someone tell me:

(1) Was this person ever an "official" POI or suspect, that we know of?
(2) Was/Is this person a cab driver?

The cab driver thing is something that hasn't come up in a few days.

I figure -- unless it was just one, specific POI that LE was looking at for some other reason, who happened to be a cab driver, and that morphed somehow into "they were talking to cab drivers -- there must be a reason they were talking to cab drivers.

Kathy sighted talking to one? One seen acting suspiciously? A cab noticed near the vacant lot around the time they think Kathy came to be there? Or maybe just checking with cab drivers to see what they might have witnessed, out and about on their jobs?

JRJ is not a POI to my knowledge. IDK if he's a cab driver.

DJ is a cabdriver. He has not been publicly name. He is related to Kathy's father.

It did not morph into them talking to cabdrivers. They WERE talking to cabdrivers. I do not know why.

the cabdriver thing probably was introduced in this thread via some comments people left. in those, two people who were cab drivers were mentioned as being questioned by police.

then there is a mention of one in an article where his wife says the infamous line that pops up all of the time with this case, 'he could do a lot of things, but he couldn't do that.' that guy is one of the cabdrivers named in comments above.

there are mentions those are not the only cab drivers being questioned. idk why. but, it isn't a forum morphization of a topic. it's a thing that happened and was reported on at the time.

i wonder if cab drivers wore uniforms back then....

again, idk for sure the why behind this.. but, i will say that with the money Kathy had, she probably could have gotten a cab home if she tried.

eta
comments people left other places linked here

I, too was searching for Kathy's grave...and finally found her (Nora Kathleen "Kathy" Jones) listed as in Spring Hill Cemetery. No details, but for those of us who may find ourselves in Nashville, it's good to know where to pay our respects.http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=119435994
CEM46888354_118478722139.jpg

My mother does a lot online with ancestry and find-a-grave. I asked her about Kathy. She reached out to people on the find-a-grave website and this is what they found. That is my mother that set up Kathy's find-a-grave. We don't live in TN and have no connection to Kathy or her family. I hope that her info is correct.

Thinking back, I believe that the cab driver conversation expanded because of the Topix commenter (Mary) who stated that her father (a cab driver) was questioned (he was even considered a suspect). Knowing that Topix may not be the most reliable of resources, we did put more weight into her statement since she posted it on both the Topix page and a the bottom of the Scene article in the comment section. "Mary" identified herself as living 3 houses down from KK, her sister considered herself to be best friends with Kathy; and she was present the day Kathy was found. "Mary" says that she was 6 years old in 1969.

Okay, now I'm really wishing that Mary (and Kathy's niece, also a Topix's commenter) were WebSleuth members!!!!

Here's the link to the Topix discussion:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/nashville-tn/TAPAQ4326OV40R0OL

JRJ is not a POI to my knowledge. IDK if he's a cab driver.

DJ is a cabdriver. He has not been publicly name. He is related to Kathy's father.

It did not morph into them talking to cabdrivers. They WERE talking to cabdrivers. I do not know why.

the cabdriver thing probably was introduced in this thread via some comments people left. in those, two people who were cab drivers were mentioned as being questioned by police.

then there is a mention of one in an article where his wife says the infamous line that pops up all of the time with this case, 'he could do a lot of things, but he couldn't do that.' that guy is one of the cabdrivers named in comments above.

there are mentions those are not the only cab drivers being questioned. idk why. but, it isn't a forum morphization of a topic. it's a thing that happened and was reported on at the time.

i wonder if cab drivers wore uniforms back then....

again, idk for sure the why behind this.. but, i will say that with the money Kathy had, she probably could have gotten a cab home if she tried.

eta
comments people left other places linked here

Thanks, December -- your two posts in answer to my questions of last night really help clear this up for me.

As for the "morphing" of the topic, I did not mean so much on this forum as possibly out in the community at the time and afterwards -- but very likely that was not the case, either.

Thinking back, I believe that the cab driver conversation expanded because of the Topix commenter (Mary) who stated that her father (a cab driver) was questioned (he was even considered a suspect). Knowing that Topix may not be the most reliable of resources, we did put more weight into her statement since she posted it on both the Topix page and a the bottom of the Scene article in the comment section. "Mary" identified herself as living 3 houses down from KK, her sister considered herself to be best friends with Kathy; and she was present the day Kathy was found. "Mary" says that she was 6 years old in 1969.

Okay, now I'm really wishing that Mary (and Kathy's niece, also a Topix's commenter) were WebSleuth members!!!!

Here's the link to the Topix discussion:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/nashville-tn/TAPAQ4326OV40R0OL

Yes, that is how it started in this thread.

But, in reality, it started about December 3, 1969. There are reports some of the papers.

I do wish those people would come here. But, can you imagine if your father was questioned for a heinous murder? OMG!!! This woman was only six then. She doesn't know anything and it could be excessively weird answering questions.

I do not know why the police were doing that. I am sure they had a reason.

My mother does a lot online with ancestry and find-a-grave. I asked her about Kathy. She reached out to people on the find-a-grave website and this is what they found. That is my mother that set up Kathy's find-a-grave. We don't live in TN and have no connection to Kathy or her family. I hope that her info is correct.

Thank you. That was nice of you and her.

Yes, that is how it started in this thread.

But, in reality, it started about December 3, 1969. There are reports some of the papers.

I do wish those people would come here. But, can you imagine if your father was questioned for a heinous murder? OMG!!! This woman was only six then. She doesn't know anything and it could be excessively weird answering questions.

I do not know why the police were doing that. I am sure they had a reason.

Just imagine if her mother and/or father could shed light on what they remember about 1969. I was six in 1969, too. My parents (if still living) would be in their early 70s. Nothing beats first hand knowledge of any situation.

Just imagine if her mother and/or father could shed light on what they remember about 1969. I was six in 1969, too. My parents (if still living) would be in their early 70s. Nothing beats first hand knowledge of any situation.

Yes.. I agree...

However, her father was questioned by the police for a heinous murder. This wasn't like the guys who they just asked a few questions by what he wife said. He was one they spent some time questioning as police are wont to do.

I mean I would love it. I'm just thinking it won't happen.

Maybe I'm too negative?

They WERE talking to cabdrivers. I do not know why.

I believe I can tell you why they were talking to cabdrivers.

First, they were asking cabdrivers if they happened to be anywhere near the area where Kathy lived and was last seen, and if they had picked up any fares in that area.

Second, they were asking cabdrivers if they have seen anything suspicious if they happened to be in the area, such as a suspicious person or a suspicious vehicle.

Third, if police suspected that a certain cabdriver was involved, they may have asked other cabdrivers if they have seen that certain cabdriver at any place during their shift.

If you think about it, cabdrivers can be a second set of eyes for police.

Cabbies see and notice the same things on the streets that the police would when they drive on the streets. They would know what is and isn't normal when they drive through an area while on duty.

I believe I can tell you why they were talking to cabdrivers.

First, they were asking cabdrivers if they happened to be anywhere near the area where Kathy lived and was last seen, and if they had picked up any fares in that area.

Second, they were asking cabdrivers if they have seen anything suspicious if they happened to be in the area, such as a suspicious person or a suspicious vehicle.

Third, if police suspected that a certain cabdriver was involved, they may have asked other cabdrivers if they have seen that certain cabdriver at any place during their shift.

If you think about it, cabdrivers can be a second set of eyes for police.

Cabbies see and notice the same things on the streets that the police would when they drive on the streets. They would know what is and isn't normal when they drive through an area while on duty.

This is true. I think some of them were questioned somewhat more thoroughly than that.

They talked to all of the searchers, for example, but none of them had their wives say in the paper "he could do a lot of things, but he couldn't do that."

I don't really see Kathy trying to take a cab. But, I keep coming back to the fact that she probably could if she wanted to. She didn't have very far to go and she had $1. (Though some might not even charge a little girl on a cold night, but still she might not realize that.)

An autograph book. This is an item that might have been in Kathy's purse. They were very popular at one time for girls. There were celebrities (both local and national, remembered and forgotten) in Nashville.

eta
I'm just saying girls had them. IDK if she did.

People who went rollerskating as a child...

were there adults around watching you skate?

eliminate all of the parents in the crowd (especially if those parents had really little kids)

are there any adults left?

because the picture i am getting of the rollerdrome in 1969 is there were adults there watching the kids who were not parents.

adcox halfway had a reason to be there (although he had the bus to be out driving however often). but i get the idea there were other guys hanging out besides him.

eta
also eliminate the employees.. they could be culprits, but they have a legit reason to be there

question two...

do you think it would be interesting to watch kids skate? as in for more than a few minutes. and these are not your kids, just random children. these kids are not skating champions.. just regular kids skating in a big circle.

i mean.. i think it would be hideously boring.. (i have no children, but i can see how that might make it a little more interesting.. but how long can you watch even your own child skate in a big circle?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx