Presumed Located TN - Kevin Hamby, 38, Morgan County, 14 Nov 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are VIN number and serial numbers on UTVs and ATVs, just like with autos. They are sold with titles as well.
But, VIN plates can be removed and serial numbers destroyed.

I wonder if Kevin’s was actually registered with a license plate as it sounds like he was using it on roads as well.

This is such a sad story.

There are VIN number and serial numbers on UTVs and ATVs, just like with autos. They are sold with titles as well.
But, VIN plates can be removed and serial numbers destroyed.

I wonder if Kevin’s was actually registered with a license plate as it sounds like he was using it on roads as well.

This is such a sad story.
It makes sense that they'd have those numbers, thanks. I did wonder about him having a license plate on it.

I am in TN, basically a very rural area. Many farms here are not just one contiguous plot of land, but many are multiple farms that are not necessarily connected. Most of us use four wheelers or UTVs for things like checking fences and doing headcounts of cattle, and use them on the road, albeit they are very much backroads.

I have one neighbor who does have a license plate on her UTV. She likes to make dump runs with it, which require her to use a couple main roads, so legally the she must have a license plate on it for that.

I am in TN, basically a very rural area. Many farms here are not just one contiguous plot of land, but many are multiple farms that are not necessarily connected. Most of us use four wheelers or UTVs for things like checking fences and doing headcounts of cattle, and use them on the road, albeit they are very much backroads.

I have one neighbor who does have a license plate on her UTV. She likes to make dump runs with it, which require her to use a couple main roads, so legally the she must have a license plate on it for that.
It's a lot like that where I am in upstate NY, as well.
I'm sure LE has an alert out if Kevin did have a license plate. Bumping for Kevin!

Found this on NamUs:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
#UP56939
Male caucasian skull found 3/4/19 by a hiker on "Gobb Mountain" Wartburg, TN. Also partial skeletal parts.
A possible first/middle/last name listed
Estimated date of death 2012 - 2014 so maybe not Kevin.
(NB I have to go back and research the possible name listed: Junior Willie McCann. He has a websleuths thread too. Went missing Sept 2012 in Gobey. I am kinda local and have not heard of "Gobb Mountain" so I'm thinking maybe Gobey.)

Human remains found near Wartburg | MorganCountyNews.net
...off of Anderson Road north of Wartburg..cadaver dog...think remains had been in the woods at least five years

http://1057news.com/2019/03/07/10/55/35/human-remains-discovered-in-morgan-county/

Skeletal remains found in Morgan County
cites Captain William Angle and that "There are several missing persons reported in the county, but none can be positively linked to the remains at this time."

I'm going to head over to Junior McCann's thread and update there too.

Found this on NamUs:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
#UP56939
Male caucasian skull found 3/4/19 by a hiker on "Gobb Mountain" Wartburg, TN. Also partial skeletal parts.
A possible first/middle/last name listed
Estimated date of death 2012 - 2014 so maybe not Kevin.
(NB I have to go back and research the possible name listed: Junior Willie McCann. He has a websleuths thread too. Went missing Sept 2012 in Gobey. I am kinda local and have not heard of "Gobb Mountain" so I'm thinking maybe Gobey.)

Human remains found near Wartburg | MorganCountyNews.net
...off of Anderson Road north of Wartburg..cadaver dog...think remains had been in the woods at least five years

HUMAN REMAINS DISCOVERED IN MORGAN COUNTY

Skeletal remains found in Morgan County
cites Captain William Angle and that "There are several missing persons reported in the county, but none can be positively linked to the remains at this time."

I'm going to head over to Junior McCann's thread and update there too.
Thank you for posting this, and hopefully some family members will obtain closure in the loss of their loved one. Bump for Kevin!

Not that I've noticed. The local communities are small and isolated. Hunting seasons, another anniversary coming up :( and a good time to remind folks.
Yes, it's a very good time to remind local folks. Hopefully a regional/local news organization and local social media can take part.

Clarifying this: actually I do think there are rumors of foul play, but just local gossipy rumors, nothing official.
My heart is breaking for his wife and family.
That's interesting, Rockfarmer. Those kinds of rumors tend to be pretty common in most cases of missing persons, it seems, when they have yet to be found. Hopefully that's all those are.
I also hope his wife and family can know that Kevin has not been forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503
Back