TN TN - Lauryn Dickens, 9 mos, Memphis, 7 Sept 2010 - *S. Dickens guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching NG and they said the grandmother was throwing eggs at the media. :eek: I guess she's still not cooperating. :(

Watching NG and they said the grandmother was throwing eggs at the media. :eek: I guess she's still not cooperating. :(

Yes, that was last week. There has been no news here about Lauryn.
The big local news right now is the trial for the Lester St Massacres.

So is NG a week behind, or is the Grandmaw still throwing eggs?
I wish the adults in this case (and so many other cases) would just do what is right and spill it for the sake of the innocent baby.

I just checked for any new news on this case. I can't find any. Where is Lauryn????

One thing that bothered me last night watching NG was the fact that the investigators ruled out communication between Lauryns Mom and jailed Dad for the simple fact she had a block on her phone and they checked the prison/jail phone records and he did not make any phone calls. My point being prisoners do use cell phones inside to call out and there is no way the jail/prison officials would know. The investigators need to pull her entire phone records, landline and cellphone.

All that being said I really don't think she gave the baby away but if she did I could see her not caring.

So is NG a week behind, or is the Grandmaw still throwing eggs?
I wish the adults in this case (and so many other cases) would just do what is right and spill it for the sake of the innocent baby.

NG must be a week behind since the egg throwing happened on the 24th almost a week ago. I watch local news at noon and in the evening and little Lauryn's name has not been mentioned.

NG must be a week behind since the egg throwing happened on the 24th almost a week ago. I watch local news at noon and in the evening and little Lauryn's name has not been mentioned.

I've been Googling her name each day in hopes of something, but no luck :(
Hopefully they find her very soon so they can figure out what this "mother" did to this poor baby.

I've been Googling her name each day in hopes of something, but no luck :(
Hopefully they find her very soon so they can figure out what this "mother" did to this poor baby.

It is so heartbreaking that this missing girl is not getting the attention she deserves. Such a shame.

It is so heartbreaking that this missing girl is not getting the attention she deserves. Such a shame.

I totally agree! I'm can't figure out why there's not more coverage for this beautiful child.

I have searched daily for news updates and there's nothing new out there!

I'm curious to know if they're even looking for this angel, still? Dead or alive, she deserves to be found...and at a minimum...exhaustive search efforts to find her! :furious::furious:

I totally agree! I'm can't figure out why there's not more coverage for this beautiful child.

I have searched daily for news updates and there's nothing new out there!

I'm curious to know if they're even looking for this angel, still? Dead or alive, she deserves to be found...and at a minimum...exhaustive search efforts to find her! :furious::furious:

This is not an excuse but rather a look at what's going on here.
The crime is so out of control that they can't scoop up the bodies fast enough. Multiple shootings everyday, muggings, rapes, it's gotten much worse in the past 2 years.
I was listening to my scanner today and a Policeman was begging dispatch for an available car to transport 4 perps to jail and there were no available cars. Our local government is so crooked there never seems to be any money for anything.
Sorry for the OT and it is still not a good reason for not trying to find this poor baby, I just don't know what they are thinking.

This is not an excuse but rather a look at what's going on here.
The crime is so out of control that they can't scoop up the bodies fast enough. Multiple shootings everyday, muggings, rapes, it's gotten much worse in the past 2 years.
I was listening to my scanner today and a Policeman was begging dispatch for an available car to transport 4 perps to jail and there were no available cars. Our local government is so crooked there never seems to be any money for anything.
Sorry for the OT and it is still not a good reason for not trying to find this poor baby, I just don't know what they are thinking.

I hate to hear that! But thanks for giving us a local's insight. It really helps us to understand.

And you are right, it should not be an excuse. I hope they are working very hard to find her. But, since there is no media coverage on it, I guess we will never know.

This baby deserves to be found!

Relative of Missing Baby Frustrated with Mother's Behavior

Davidson, also the mother of a 10-month-old, can't understand why her cousin let so much time pass before reporting her daughter's disappearance to police.
"I think she's disturbed honestly, just a simple word. She's disturbed."
Davdison grew up with Dickens, both went to Craigmont High School. She said she's frustrated with the way the family has handled little Lauryn's disappearance.
"They don't want to give any statements. They don't want to talk to the news but why not if it's anybody in my family or anything like that, I'm going to want to come forward. I'm going to want answers, I would want to say something and let it be known."
According to Davidson, Dickens has another child, a little boy around 2-years old. She said since Lauryn's birth, Dickens seemed to resent the baby girl. *snipped*

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/new...issing-baby-frustrated-with-mother's-behavior

How in the WORLD could anybody resent a baby girl????

You know I thought about this, and I am upset too that there doesn't appear to be searches for Lauryn at this time.

But then I thought further and I said to myself---well where would they search?

Say for example, if they were going to search the landfill (which we all know is pretty much a starting point for a lot of kids who have gone missing and assumed deceased) they would have to know which originating dumpster or garbage receptacle that was used and be able to map out where that particular load was within the landfill in order to even remotely be able to start trying to find her if she is even there. JMHO.

Because Lauryn's Mom had at least access to one car we know of, there is not telling where Lauryn might have been placed and I think that LE probably has to have at least some idea as to where they might start searching. She was so tiny. JMHO.

If the reports are true that Lauryn's Mom resented her and was more than likely not well bonded with her, then there's no telling how she disposed of Lauryn. KWIM?

I really wish she would just let them know where she put Lauryn so they can go and get her. <sigh> Prayers for Lauryn.

ETA: She had a 10 day start too.IIRC. In a car that would put the search parameters to how far she could have traveled within a 10 day time period in a circumference from the apartment. If that is indeed where Lauryn was killed. JMHO.

Thanks for all the posts in response to my frustration...I needed to hear all of those comments. I'm still frustrated, but a couple of things stood out...which I really needed to see / hear!

1. We don't necessarily KNOW whether they're searching or not...we're just not hearing about it...if they are.
2. While it's no "excuse", the circumstances surrounding crime in the city, play a part in this...whether I / we like it or not...it is...what it is.

So...for today...there's an article...YAY! It looks as if only 1 station picked it up...but, 1 is better than none!
Anywho...the mother was back in court today, it appears...and has a lawyer now also. (I might've missed the lawyer part somewhere before...but this is the first "I've" seen of it...as I remember).

<snipped>
With baby still missing, Memphis mother appears in court

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Nearly a month after 10-month-old Lauryn Dickens disappeared, her mother appeared in court Friday on charges in connection with her disappearance.

Even as Shakara Dickens appeared in court, investigators were no closer to finding the location of her baby.

Dickens has hired attorney Murray Wells.

"They're coming together and sort of closed themselves up and taking this time," Wells said. "It's really almost a mourning time for them to kind of understand what's happened to this family."

Dickens will be back in court October 21st for a preliminary hearing, where the state will have to show probable cause.

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13254703

BBM - The "mourning" statement from her lawyer, speaks volumes...IMO. Also, I'll be waiting and watching for the October 21st hearing...we should learn some more information / details; that haven't been shared yet; re: search efforts, evidence, etc.
I'm holding on and praying for justice for this beautiful little girl.

Thanks everyoneneedsavoice for posting that news article. I did see it on the local news but I just now had a chance to check in over here.
Also, the cousin had said that the reason the Mom seemed to resent her baby was because she didn't like the fact that the father was not helping her due to his being in jail.
Her other child, a 2year old boy is with his father (a different man) at this time, at least that's the way it was last week.

With baby still missing, Memphis mother appears in court (From 10/1):

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13254703

Dickens is in jail on a $2 million bond for aggravated child neglect and filing a false report. Her attorneys will ask that her bond be reduced at her next hearing later this month.
and

But they continue to avoid making a public statement about Dickens and her missing baby.

"They're coming together and sort of closed themselves up and taking this time," Wells said. "It's really almost a mourning time for them to kind of understand what's happened to this family."

and

Dickens will be back in court October 21st for a preliminary hearing, where the state will have to show probable cause.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back