GUILTY TN - Lindsey Lowe charged in deaths of newborn twins, Hendersonville, 2011 *guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is my home area, this young woman lives in a very wealthy neighborhood. The whole county as far as LE and SA seem to be making excuses for her and for why they let her out. Almost as if, because those babies were newborn, they ar insignificant. All she had to do was wrap them up and take them to a safe haven as there was one within ten minutes of her home. She is not a child and understood that she needed to keep them quiet so she smothered them. She admitted to it. They didn't let her out because she was a danger to herself...but because she WAS NOT a danger to herself or others.

Hi PeteJ If you are referring to my post that is exactly what I said. NOT that she was a danger to herself but that she wasn't.

I attended a trial one time many years ago where a young woman had killed two newborn babies two years apart and hidden them in her house. Her mother had found them each time by the smell. A mental health "expert" testified that she suffered from disassociative disorder and she got off with just a warning to not get pregnant again. So don't be surprised if this woman gets off too. I don't know if that is as popular as a defense as it was back then, but it could happen. Tennessee seems to go easy on women convicted of crimes.

I can't consider it because, from what I've read, it hasn't been proven to me. I cannot class anyone as evil until I know all the facts, and even then I may be wrong - and in cases like these I most likely won't have all the facts either.

I tend to err on the side of compassion. To me, it must have taken a lot of fear, trauma, horror, illness, something really bad to allow her to kill those babies. There but by the Grace of God, I believe, go a great many mothers.

I'll give you this, Trident, you can see what so many others easily overlook or simply avoid acknowledging: At one time or another, many, many, many parents have been on that line between motherhood and murder, be it due to mental illness, stress, exhaustion, or any one of a million different reasons.

I know we don't agree on this woman's potential motivations, but on the point above, we do agree. To be perfectly honest, there are times that my children have been left for a few minutes at a time to cry it out, simply because I knew myself well enough to know that if I didn't walk away, I was going to be in an orange jumpsuit on the evening news. Personally, I think that there are a great many children that end up dead (both newborns and older kids) because parents today aren't allowed to say that they are at the end of their ropes. To say that we are capable of harming our children, whether we ever have or not, is to admit that we aren't perfect, and in today's world, that just isn't acceptable. I don't know when parenting became synonymous with perfection, but somewhere along the line, it did.

Nothing can excuse what this woman did, but I for one do want to know why she did it, because none of the "usual" reasons seem to fit in this case. Either it was fear that drove her to it, long term and well hidden mental illness or she really is evil. At this point, we don't know, and you're right, we might never know for sure.

I'll give you this, Trident, you can see what so many others easily overlook or simply avoid acknowledging: At one time or another, many, many, many parents have been on that line between motherhood and murder, be it due to mental illness, stress, exhaustion, or any one of a million different reasons.

I know we don't agree on this woman's potential motivations, but on the point above, we do agree. To be perfectly honest, there are times that my children have been left for a few minutes at a time to cry it out, simply because I knew myself well enough to know that if I didn't walk away, I was going to be in an orange jumpsuit on the evening news. Personally, I think that there are a great many children that end up dead (both newborns and older kids) because parents today aren't allowed to say that they are at the end of their ropes. To say that we are capable of harming our children, whether we ever have or not, is to admit that we aren't perfect, and in today's world, that just isn't acceptable. I don't know when parenting became synonymous with perfection, but somewhere along the line, it did.

Nothing can excuse what this woman did, but I for one do want to know why she did it, because none of the "usual" reasons seem to fit in this case. Either it was fear that drove her to it, long term and well hidden mental illness or she really is evil. At this point, we don't know, and you're right, we might never know for sure.

Are you serious? Reading your post one might assume all children are in danger of being murdered any second by either mom or dad.

Just to insert some local perspective, they aren't a "wealthy" family as in "they live in the nicest neighborhood in town". Things like this seem to get blown out of proportion by the media. They certainly aren't poor, but "wealthy" is a stretch.

Are you serious? Reading your post one might assume all children are in danger of being murdered any second by either mom or dad.
Not all, on either account. Not all parents reach that point, and therefore, not all kids are are in danger. And if you actually read my post, what should become apparent is that I am not saying all children are in danger. I am not even saying that most children are danger. And I am not saying that any children are in danger from parents that realize when they are approaching that line. Because those of us that are not mentally ill, terrified, or evil know when we are getting close, and we either walk away for the moment, or seek help for the long term. Children aren't killed by parents that walk away. They are however, killed over and over again, by parents that can not or will not acknowledge that they need help.

In this case, this woman needed help, probably for a long time before this happened. Yes, I think there is some genuine evil here, and I won't hesitate to say that I hope she pays dearly for what she did, but if people, both parents and non-parents were allowed to reach out for help in a way that wouldn't get them stigmatized, there would be a lot fewer cases like this. You can be evil enough to smother two of your own children with your own hands, but if you aren't together enough to hide the bodies anyplace better than a laundry basket in your bedroom, there's a pretty good bet that you aren't quite sane, either.

What point did this woman reach in terms of caring for the children? Her children were just born. Her family put up the bond for her, and the father claims she is a model daughter, so they certainly appear to be supportive family. If they support her after she is accused of killing the children, then it's a safe bet they would have supported her if she told them she was pregnant. She is living with them at 25 but only got a job a short time ago, so I presume they have also been supporting her financially. In fact I haven't seen anything to suggest her family was not supportive of her.

There is a suggestion on the local news facebook page (made by the local news) that LL might be planning to attend the vigil for her babies tonight. That is a supremely bad idea and I hope it isn't so.

There is a suggestion on the local news facebook page (made by the local news) that LL might be planning to attend the vigil for her babies tonight. That is a supremely bad idea and I hope it isn't so.

I agree....folks will be going just to see if she makes an appearance. Another dumb idea on her part if she attends!

Agree agree agree. I swear I think News Channel 5 is trying to incite a protest at this vigil thing tonight. I understand the church wanting to pray for the babies and the family, but this is quickly turning into a circus. I have a feeling it's going to turn out ugly.

Agree agree agree. I swear I think News Channel 5 is trying to incite a protest at this vigil thing tonight. I understand the church wanting to pray for the babies and the family, but this is quickly turning into a circus. I have a feeling it's going to turn out ugly.

If Lindsey shows it will turn ugly. Shame on Channel 5! I was thinking of going but I think I will stay away from this one tonight. I am sure LL's family will be another target that the crowd will be after.

There is no difference in her killing a newborn than any other selfish parent killing their 1 yr old, or 3 yr old, or 10 yr old. THERE IS NO EXCUSE!

What point did this woman reach in terms of caring for the children? Her children were just born. Her family put up the bond for her, and the father claims she is a model daughter, so they certainly appear to be supportive family. If they support her after she is accused of killing the children, then it's a safe bet they would have supported her if she told them she was pregnant. She is living with them at 25 but only got a job a short time ago, so I presume they have also been supporting her financially. In fact I haven't seen anything to suggest her family was not supportive of her.

I never said that she hit that point in caring for them, that point may have been reached for her the moment she realized she was pregnant.

Every thing else in your post I agree with completely, and it's all pretty much what I wrote in the first post I made on this thread.

If she has the nerve to go to the vigil, she deserves whatever she may get from an outraged public. I'm sorry to say it, but it's how I feel.

I want to thank you for posting honestly in the bolded portion. Almost every mother I've spoken to, and that's a lot, has had their moments, and as you say, it's only today - maybe only on this board - that mothers are so perfect. My own daughters talk to me about their feelings and ask me how I survived without losing my mind, or "offing" one or two of them. I tell them the absolute truth - it wasn't easy, and they got lucky. I could not even imagine what my feelings, fears, hormones, horrors, ghosts (and there were plenty), would have impelled me to do if I had been in her shoes.

I cannot judge other women, I have no bad feelings against them, I have no need to. Calling for the blood of another woman/mother will not make me a better person; indeed, I feel it will diminish me, it will show me to be without compassion, love, or understanding.

No, I do not condone murdering new-born babies, but neither do I condone condemnation until all the facts are in.

not-my-kids - excellent post BTW, all the way around. I believe if everyone got real about life and its hardships, the world might just become a better place.

"We want a part of this service will be a prayer for the children and there will be things that remind us that there are children involved," said Pastor Lowery.
But the prayer service and vigil is also for the Lowe Family and Lindsey Lowe in particular.
"Do we condone what Lindsey did? No, but the scripture also teaches us that every last one of us is a sinner," Lowery added.
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15524178/vigil-for-family-of-mom-accused-of-killing-newborns

I want to thank you for posting honestly in the bolded portion. Almost every mother I've spoken to, and that's a lot, has had their moments, and as you say, it's only today - maybe only on this board - that mothers are so perfect. My own daughters talk to me about their feelings and ask me how I survived without losing my mind, or "offing" one or two of them. I tell them the absolute truth - it wasn't easy, and they got lucky. I could not even imagine what my feelings, fears, hormones, horrors, ghosts (and there were plenty), would have impelled me to do if I had been in her shoes.

I cannot judge other women, I have no bad feelings against them, I have no need to. Calling for the blood of another woman/mother will not make me a better person; indeed, I feel it will diminish me, it will show me to be without compassion, love, or understanding.

No, I do not condone murdering new-born babies, but neither do I condone condemnation until all the facts are in.

not-my-kids - excellent post BTW, all the way around. I believe if everyone got real about life and its hardships, the world might just become a better place.

Most people don't off their children, whatever impulses they might have. And if someone seriously believed he or she might actually kill their child based on these impulses, then clearly that person would need some serious help. In fact I am pretty sure if such a person went to a shrink and told shrink about wanting to kill their child, shrink would have to report that to authorities.

Just to insert some local perspective, they aren't a "wealthy" family as in "they live in the nicest neighborhood in town". Things like this seem to get blown out of proportion by the media. They certainly aren't poor, but "wealthy" is a stretch.

They have a nice house..but I remember when I lived in White House once upon a time that my family had a REALLY nice house that here in Florida would cost 3-4 times as much as what it was sold for..it's all relative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back