Lori and her brother, a silly pic. Lori is about 10 here

Attachments

• t1rsz_1rsz_untitled.png
    t1rsz_1rsz_untitled.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 73
  • rsz_img_0450.jpg
    rsz_img_0450.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 230
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][video=youtube;xaMI7SDqIrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMI7SDqIrM[/video]
[/FONT]

A youtube video created by Bart in remembrance of his sister. Includes some photos of them

At 1:58 he shows what looks like her handwriting on an old school assignment. The writing is in cursive and it looks completely different from the handwriting of EDJD in the diary entry. Although the diary entry of EDJD is printed letters, the writing is sloppy and Lori's cursive was neater and a different slant. I don't think they were written by the same person: http://eldoradojanedoe.wix.com/home#!clues

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][video=youtube;xaMI7SDqIrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMI7SDqIrM[/video]
[/FONT]

A youtube video created by Bart in remembrance of his sister. Includes some photos of them

At 4:58 in the video he drives by the CyMarket where Lori was last seen. Just prior to that there are shots driving through their neighborhood in a (1970's? or older) car. Looks to be old footage. Wonder where that came from?

[/FONT]

Picture of them standing in front of a car at 8:57 looks like it could be an early teen or tween age photo based on the clothes. Can't really see her face clearly as the image is so small. Another older pic at 9:04.

http://www.onepaper.com/franklintn/?v=d&i=&s=Arts/Entertainment:Social&p=47750&f=p

[FONT=&quot] Practically everyone in Grassland agrees the area lost its best friend and most prized establishment when the CY Market closed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Since the small market, owned by Jane and Mike Franks, closed about two years ago after some 30 years in business, residents say there isn't any one place to get ham biscuits for breakfast, Icees in the afternoon and see your neighbors, your kids' teachers and your veterinarian while doing so. [/FONT]

Unfortunately I can't find a date on that article?? So I have no idea when the CY market closed, which might give us an idea when the video was taken.

[/FONT]

Thanks motorunner - do we know who the other girl is in many of these pics?

The eyes yes, the chin no.....hope they are working on the possible match quickly...

I think it would be a craaazzy outcome if it were the case. I personally don't believe it is her, but they do have some resemblance. (or maybe my mind just reeeaally wants it to be) Either way, I sent an email to doenetwork, hopefully they can get Lori's picture up on the site.
And Sunny, no, I am not sure who this other girl is. I didn't want to ask a lot of questions or get too personal.
I tried finding any possible relatives or Lori herself on classmates.com in yearbooks, but I couldn't find anyone, not even her brother

I think it would be a craaazzy outcome if it were the case. I personally don't believe it is her, but they do have some resemblance. (or maybe my mind just reeeaally wants it to be) Either way, I sent an email to doenetwork, hopefully they can get Lori's picture up on the site.
And Sunny, no, I am not sure who this other girl is. I didn't want to ask a lot of questions or get too personal.
I tried finding any possible relatives or Lori herself on classmates.com in yearbooks, but I couldn't find anyone, not even her brother

You have done an amazing job on this case Motorunner! :loveyou:

I hope Lori is found. I think she is unlikely to be EDJD because of the handwriting differences and so but I'm surprised at how much she resembles her and when I first suggested EDJD it was only based on her height-- we didn't have any pictures at all. Now we have a bunch of pics and info, thanks to you and others working on this case. And it got put out in the Franklin, TN community for many who never heard of her. I wish her brother (and parents if they are still alive) would speak to the press about Lori still being missing. This November will be 39 years! Media always does follow ups for anniversaries like that. Maybe someone who knows something will finally come forward.

CY Market opened June 20 1966 and closed December 31 1999. (I was born and raised in Franklin)

Thank you for joining us here! Was the CY market in a remote area or would it have been a pretty normal thing for Lori to have been walking to/from there on her own?

Do you remember Lori’s case from the time? Anything else you can share with us in regards to what kind of place Franklin was at that time etc?

Thank you for joining us here! Was the CY market in a remote area or would it have been a pretty normal thing for Lori to have been walking to/from there on her own?

Do you remember Lori’s case from the time? Anything else you can share with us in regards to what kind of place Franklin was at that time etc?

I wasn’t born until 1987. My parents both lived here but on the other side of town, they never heard of it. My friend’s mom grew up on that side remembers it well and says it was pretty usual to walk up there and get stuff. It was safe. It was a small town, everybody knew everybody and that was part of CY Markets charm.

My parents said that side of town was of a higher socioeconomic class generally speaking - working parents, new cars, new houses, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955
Back