TN TN - Lori Sibrell, 15, Franklin, 5 Nov 1978

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all-
I'm going to make corrections on the Doe Network page, including adding the color picture of Lori from when she was 10. At least you can see her face shape and see that her hair color is brown in that silly picture.

Thanks for all of your great sleuthing!

Thanks to you! Good idea...this is going to be helpful. You can see her face shape very well in that silly picture.

Is there any chance this is connected to the red headed murders that were happening around this time frame? October 1978 is listed as the start of the red headed murders and with the confusion from her being listed as not brown haired initially I wonder if she has hair similar to my own -- I say brown, but it has a tinge of red in it and in the summer months into early fall does appear to be more red/light brown than the brown/black it will be in late fall, winter, early spring. She falls into the very broad age range of what the redhead murdered killed. Hillsboro Road was a main road and I believe that it is suspected this SK was a long road trucker.
Do we know how long it took for a missing person's report to be filed? Sure Franklin was small back then, but the Sheriff's Department is in the one that had this case, not the city police...
Also with the population boom, many areas that would have been woods during the time she went missing, would have been disturbed by now, especially this area. It makes me think she was taken out of the area or dumped into the Harpeth River or Cumberland River. Sadly, she wouldn't be the first person they found in either of those.

Is there any chance this is connected to the red headed murders that were happening around this time frame? October 1978 is listed as the start of the red headed murders and with the confusion from her being listed as not brown haired initially I wonder if she has hair similar to my own -- I say brown, but it has a tinge of red in it and in the summer months into early fall does appear to be more red/light brown than the brown/black it will be in late fall, winter, early spring. She falls into the very broad age range of what the redhead murdered killed. Hillsboro Road was a main road and I believe that it is suspected this SK was a long road trucker.
Do we know how long it took for a missing person's report to be filed? Sure Franklin was small back then, but the Sheriff's Department is in the one that had this case, not the city police...
Also with the population boom, many areas that would have been woods during the time she went missing, would have been disturbed by now, especially this area. It makes me think she was taken out of the area or dumped into the Harpeth River or Cumberland River. Sadly, she wouldn't be the first person they found in either of those.

Thread Redhead Murders
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-Murders-70-s-90-s&highlight=redhead+murders

Those of you from TN/know the area well, if you're driving along Hillsboro Rd. how easy/quick can you get onto a main Highway? If Lori was snatched up in a car (let's just say) and her attackers immediately hit a main road/highway/interstate, depending how long it took anyone to realize Lori wasn't coming home, she could have been in a different state, hours away. I only say this because I catch myself searching for UIDs in TN, but truthfully she could have been dumped far away.

Those of you from TN/know the area well, if you're driving along Hillsboro Rd. how easy/quick can you get onto a main Highway? If Lori was snatched up in a car (let's just say) and her attackers immediately hit a main road/highway/interstate, depending how long it took anyone to realize Lori wasn't coming home, she could have been in a different state, hours away. I only say this because I catch myself searching for UIDs in TN, but truthfully she could have been dumped far away.
I'm not sure if this was the case in 1978 as the roads may not be the same as they are currently but today some stretches of Hillsboro Road are less than ten miles from I-65 (which runs from south to north basically through the middle of the state) and less than twenty miles from I-40 (which spans across the entire state west to east and connects Nashville with Memphis and Knoxville). She could have ended up elsewhere in Tennessee a good distance away or well out of the state via those two major highways alone in your scenario.

This section of Hillsboro Road was considered a "main street" during the time. There is a lot of undeveloped forest area behind the old CY market, despite the population boom in the area.
Given her age, could she have been trying to get back to wherever her family had lived last, prior to Tennessee? That may also be why we cannot find any yearbook photos of her, she wasn't in Franklin during the time yearbook photos are taken?

This is probably unlikely to be Lori but some skeletal remains were found last week in Williamson County (about 16 miles from Franklin): http://fox17.com/news/local/skeletal-remains-found-in-williamson-county-investigation-ongoing

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pin...fa8da1!2m2!1d-86.8688899!2d35.9250637!3e0!5i1

No word yet on if the remains are male or female or how long they have been there.

If they are skeletal them there’s as much a chance of them being Lori as anyone else I guess. Thanks for sharing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back