Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could definitely be it. As a teen, I took off with a much older man just like this and quoted is exactly how he got me to stay when I thought I'd try to go back home. He'd be lost without me, he loved me, he'd given up everything, etc. Based on some of the back & forth I've read between these two, this fits right in. (It took me 3 months before I hit that point. Even with sleeping in car and rarely eating or showering, I was "in love" with the guy and thought I wanted to be there.)

Wow...glad you made it out safe. Did he let you go or did you escape? Did he serve any time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I'm a cynical​ person, when I saw the NM images and the hoopla that went on around it, I had to wonder if that person really thought it was them or if they just wanted the attention.
We can talk about the potential sighting because it was briefly mentioned on LE FB page but the image itself can't be posted as of yet that I'm aware of because it hasn't been posted on msm or LE pages. ( Two seconds of searching is all it takes to see it though)
Like I said, I'm a cynic so it might just be me. Due to my profession, I see daily just how low people are willing to stoop to get their two seconds of Fame so I'm biased.

Why would TC call in a tip? Well, my personal opinion is that he wanted the phone to ping in Decatur - given all the crime shows and such, someone would have to be a total idiot to NOT know that cell phones can be traced. The logical thing to do would be to ditch the phones immediately after he took ET. Since he didn't, that suggests to me that he was throwing up a false trail that they were headed south.

Then (according to my theory), he purposely shows himself (and her) somewhere to the west - with only minor changes to their appearance. When nobody notices, he himself calls in the tip. Meanwhile, they head in an entirely different direction (either doubling back or heading north) - while more radically changing their appearance.

If I'm right, then it's likely that everything on his computer was a plant - the beach photos, the mattress size questions, the camping info, etc. He may also have considerably more money than the $4500 - and only took out that loan to make it look as if his budget was limited.

I know that if I was going on the lam and had some time to plan ahead, I'd leave as many false leads behind as I could - and the very first thing I'd do is get rid of my cell phone.

Maybe, but I'm not even convinced the ping in Decatur was deliberate. Their first concern would have been to get out of town. Then to shut off their cell phones. Decatur could have been where they were when they turned off their phones, or as someone else mentioned, maybe they dumped their cell phones there, and were long gone when the phone or phones pinged for the last time.

The Walmart video was a minor fail for them. Because now investigators know that they are together and have changed their appearance. I don't see how that video helps TC in anyway.

Wow...glad you made it out safe. Did he let you go or did you escape? Did her serve any time?

I wasn't being held captive exactly. I honestly don't believe that ET is yet either. It was all manipulation. I could leave whenever I wanted, but he made me believe that I didn't really want to go anywhere. I was also scared to go home, to that judgement and what people would say about me, and actually worried I was in trouble for going with him. I could see the same for her. There was a time we were pulled over for a headlight being out. I had been reported missing. His car/plates reported stolen by his wife. The cop is there by the window.. And I was just scared I'd be the one in trouble. I didn't say a word. The officer didn't even run the plate or ask for ID. Hope they're looking better for ET.

He did not.

I wasn't being held captive exactly. I honestly don't believe that ET is yet either. It was all manipulation. I could leave whenever I wanted, but he made me believe that I didn't really want to go anywhere. I was also scared to go home, to that judgement and what people would say about me, and actually worried I was in trouble for going with him. I could see the same for her. There was a time we were pulled over for a headlight being out. I had been reported missing. His car/plates reported stolen by his wife. The cop is there by the window.. And I was just scared I'd be the one in trouble. I didn't say a word. The officer didn't even run the plate or ask for ID. Hope they're looking better for ET.

He did not.

Awww....hugs to you mintgelato. I can't imagine the torment/confusion going on in your mind. You probably have better insight into this case than the rest of us. I hope it's not too disturbing for you.

:blowkiss::

He did not.

I totally agree. I think she's scared of the backlash if she were to go back. Was it something specific that made you realize after 3 months.. or just the reality of the situation?

So, I got to thinking that while it seems crazy to us that TC would take ET out in public in broad daylight and not be seen, it's quite possible. I went to the movie theater today (early afternoon) and there wasn't very many people there and I noticed that ALL of the staff appeared to be 18 or younger. They were all pretty oblivious to anything going on around them so I really don't think they would notice a "father and daughter" duo going to the movies. And the AA hasn't been all over our local news. I understand that TC is most likely not spending money on trivial things such as a matinee but if he wanted to appease ET by going out and having fun he could certainly do this without spending a ton of money and possibly without being caught. JMO and thoughts.

I don't think it is odd on March 15th in OKC they went in a store like that. It wasn't news at all in that area then.

The AA went out a little before 8 pm on the 14th and only to TN and AL.

http://whnt.com/2017/04/02/security...ut-of-the-norm-behaviors-to-spot-tad-cummins/
Security expert says look for out of the norm behaviors to spot Tad Cummins.
Signs to watch for, from the article (my personal additions are in parenthesis)

• Reading people's body posture
  • A person not making eye contact (avoiding)
  • Unorthodox patterns of behavior in people around you
  • A new neighbor never going to work but not seemingly having a disability
  • A neighbor with erratic times of leaving the house (drug dealers do this)
  • the absence of technology (not having that cell phone)
  • Anyone in paying too much attention to things like:
- (Looking to) identify (themselves) social media
- Looking for trends (of themselves in the news or social media) along those lines
- Looking at local news (incessantly)

• Pay close attention to anyone around you
  • Engage and have a conversation, and get to know the new neighbors

If the photo in NM is accurate, then we can note that there as been a reversal from the Walmart pic - the teen has taken the lead role...

I don't think it is odd on March 15th in OKC they went in a store like that. It wasn't news at all in that area then.

The AA went out a little before 8 pm on the 14th and only to TN and AL.

Driving to Oklahoma and staying ahead of the Amber Alert may have been the only intelligent thing TC has ever done. I admit, I was one of the ones who thought he was hiding out somewhere closer to home...I didn't give him enough credit.

It's frustrating that he's still winning at this cat and mouse game.

I totally agree. I think she's scared of the backlash if she were to go back. Was it something specific that made you realize after 3 months.. or just the reality of the situation?

It won't help the discussion here, but it was losing his baby. I was pregnant soon after we left and lost it at just a few weeks along. I'm praying for ET. I hope she makes it back home safe before anything worse happens.

It won't help the discussion here, but it was losing his baby. I was pregnant soon after we left and lost it at just a few weeks along. I'm praying for ET. I hope she makes it back home safe before anything worse happens.
(((HUGS)))

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He did not.
I'm sorry. :(

If you go back far enough on ETs social media, you will see that she was deeply angry, defensive, protective, hostile, and depressed. She was clearly desperate for validation and affection, and to be loved unconditionally. That's why when this person, a mentor, started giving her what she thought was filling her void, she pushed for it. She finally felt that thing she had been so desperate for. Her mother stole those reassurances from her, and this creep swooped in and took advantage of a broken girl who was lost in her world. I don't doubt her other family members loved her, and she loved them, but they couldn't fill the missing pieces or restore her low self esteem, nor did they realize she was so broken (in my opinion). After all, they were each also recovering from their own nightmare they lived through at the same time. I think this young girl could have healed and probably ended up having a pretty good high school experience after a some intense therapy, but TC stole that opportunity from her. He basically stole her life, and in my opinion that's right up there with murder. I know that sounds extreme, but think about the damage he has caused her and continues to do so. He is the epitome of a predator, and she was the perfect fragile prey he had been waiting for. All just my personal observations and opinion.

I am so sorry. Hugs to you.

Long time lurker... first time posting :greetings:
i've wondered if tc has family located somewhere other than the columbia, tn area. it has crossed my mind that perhaps he might try to get closer to his family (other than his wife and children) for help with hiding or disappearing? just a thought.

So sorry.

I have wondered about this all along.

Apparently the mother's abuse of her children has been going on for some time. With the type of home life that has been reported the Thomas children lived in, how did the mother have the patience ńeeded to homeschool the children?

Homeschooling takes a lot of time, preparation, organization, and an education oneself. With 10 children, where did ET's mother find time to run a house
as well as keep all her children under her wings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay