Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Stockholm Syndrome" is bunk! It is not a real Clinical Disorder.
Ummm.. I don't know if this has a diagnosis code but it isn't bunk. You also see the same behavior with cult members. It is very much part of brainwashing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

There is a huge difference between a 15 year old taking a life than a 15 year old running away with someone she thinks shes in love with, no matter how old he is. Im not sure how you can even compare the two. So if we drop that comparison and start holding a 15 year old responsible for running away with an older man then we're on the topic of consent not legality.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

And if she ran away WITHOUT the older man..... responsible or not? I'm honestly not trying to minimize what TC did. I'm just curious as to where everyones limits start and stop on responsibility of different ages. I have my opinions on different crimes, some i'm harsher on than the majority, some i'm more lenient on... just gathering data. And again i'll state, i DO find TC negligent as an adult in this situation and totally F'd up...... i just like to delve into the psychology of the 'why's. We are going in circles on where they are/where they aren't..... until another lead develops thats all we have. The possibilities of figuring out the psyche of these two and where it MAY lead them.

Ummm.. I don't know if this has a diagnosis code but it isn't bunk. You also see the same behavior with cult members. It is very much part of brainwashing.

Not a clinical disorder because people don't come down with it on their own. It's also not a virus or a bacteria. But it's very much a real phenomenon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he managed to get her fake ID she could get a job with a different name and work anywhere. I don't see him as together enough to get her a fake ID but I believe he could steal someone's.
You can do under the table day labor almost anywhere. We have illegal immigrants here that are hired daily, to do various jobs.

Also migrant farming is done by the same people across this country.

It's sad and a bit surprising to see the twists and turns a person will take, and the amount of work someone can put in to insist ET is not a victim. Why would anyone be so dedicated to convincing others she hasn't been harmed?

<modsnip>

I do however not think this type of kidnapping is on the same level as a 3 yr old being taken by a stranger from their front yard and sexually molested/murdered. BIG difference in my opinion.
At what age is a 'child' going to be held responsible for their own actions? 10? 12? 15? 18? 21? If your 13 yr old neighbor murdered your 9 year old, does he get a pass because his parents are horrible people? If a 16 yr old is stealing alcohol from the neighborhood store and drinking it with friends on weekends, is she 'allowed' because her parents are drunks, so its not her fault? LE is starting to charge 13 yr olds as adults in some criminal cases. BIG hot topic there. The stupid viral ' I cashyou ousside, how bat da' teen....... Not responsible for her attitude because?????

Where is the line drawn? If 15 is not responsible AT ALL for their actions, then they should never be out of their parents sight. No school dances, no jobs, no dating, etc. They are not mature enough to know right from wrong?

Then it can be stretched further. Girls mature more quickly than boys. So a girl is responsible enough at 21 to make decisions, but males have to wait til they are 25 to do anything without permission? Who judges when they are ready?

Yes, i'm going to extremes. I'm not trying to change anyones mind on ET. TC most definitely is WRONG, and CRIMINAL because he acted on a situation he should have NEVER even put himself into. ET was told not to do things, she did them anyway. Why, BECAUSE SHE IS 15. and 15 year olds think they know as much as adults. Its only when you are older that you can look back at yourself and say... WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING.

She has had a very rough life and most likely WAS looking for ANYTHING she could grasp onto. I think he sucked her in with the religious aspect, taking her to church with them... BAD MOVE. But it looked ok at the time because his wife was there, he took others, maybe there were friends of hers at that church, WE DON"T KNOW.

They need to be found, she needs MASSIVE amounts of therapy, support and a MUCH more stable environment, and i'm going to go out on a limb and say she needs it AWAY from family. She was unhappy, even in her dads house, and no one noticed this going on thru her SM.... so either it wasn't being supervised, or it didn't jump out to anyone in particular that this girl was headed down a dangerous road. She could have just run away and been a statistic on the streets somewhere. Then we wouldn't be talking about her as much.... and i'm glad it DIDN"T happen that way, because there is a MUCH better chance of finding her now.

This is not black and white. Its shades and shades and shades and until she if found and HER mindset known, its going to be hard to help her.

Its not about him at this point. He'll end up in jail, as he should. HE should have known better, even if he THINKS he had good intentions at one time. HE CAN be blamed for this and SHOULD take the responsibility for ALL of it. And again, when caught, i'll be very curious if he 'mans up' (which i doubt) and admits he knew better and to blame him.

<mod snip> But please, lay it out for me about WHO/WHEN we can decide how to determine responsibility age

Snipped a bit for space.

No one is saying a 15 year old is not responsible AT ALL for their actions. But just because they are 15 doesn't mean they aren't a victim when a fully grown adult who is in a position of authority over them, manipulates, coerces, entices and exploits them.

Based on your analogy here, teens don't need supervision of any kind because they are mature enough to know right from wrong, unless disabled.

And based on your analogy, we should not have the stiff laws against human trafficking of teens that we have because most child prostitutes were runaways and so they bear responsibility- at least some- for their situation.

I understand what you're saying as far as not being the equivalent to taking a three year old. The law across the US typically differentiates based on age of victim and age of perp as well. And here I think the law is the answer when it comes to how "culpable" * a child is in their own victimization.

The answer is based on the age difference between victim and perp. In TN it's a difference of 10 years IIRC, between the age of the minor exploited and the adult.

The big issue here is the incredible imbalance of power. That's why levels of crime are based on the age gap and that's why TN also has a separate statutory rape law when the adult is an authority figure.

We all know there are sophsiticated teens out there who are cunning and streetwise and coolly plan and execute crimes. This child is not one of those teens and she has not committed a crime by being enticed and coerced and for having her confusion, anguish and vulnerabilities exploited.

I wrote a post about the subject earlier. Maybe I will quote it.

By the way, did you know the cashmeousside girl was the victim of intensive parental alienation at the hands of her rage-filled mother who moved and fought and obstructed for years so her father, who spent thousands and got into debt, could not have a relationship with the kid?

That child is a delinquent because her mother destroyed her. She is not responsible for who she is. However, once she starts violating the rights of others, the law steps in because it has no other choice in order to protect society. If parents don't give children limits, or worse, create such turmoil that the kid doesn't care about right and wrong, society steps in and imposes limits and boundaries for the child.

Perhaps we should be more like other countries that don't punish destroyed kids but instead "sentence" them to a new family and intensive psychotherapy.

Regardless, ET is nothing like Danielle Bergoli. She's not a mean, wild, rage-filled child, stealing cars in wild disregard for the rights of others.

Instead, she worked, went to school, dreamt about her upcoming confirmation which was the highlight of her life and looked to her teacher for help and advice and comfort.

And she hasn't committed a crime. Instead, she is the victim of one.

ET bears no responsibility for her own victimization at the hands of her decades older school teacher.

* Here I mean seriousness of the crime.

And if she ran away WITHOUT the older man..... responsible or not? I'm honestly not trying to minimize what TC did. I'm just curious as to where everyones limits start and stop on responsibility of different ages. I have my opinions on different crimes, some i'm harsher on than the majority, some i'm more lenient on... just gathering data. And again i'll state, i DO find TC negligent as an adult in this situation and totally F'd up...... i just like to delve into the psychology of the 'why's. We are going in circles on where they are/where they aren't..... until another lead develops thats all we have. The possibilities of figuring out the psyche of these two and where it MAY lead them.

The difference here is that ET isn't committing a crime.

Perhaps I'm missing the point. How does this help with the current topic, situation, and finding Elizabeth?

The parking lot has threads about more philosophical subjects. One can easily start a thread there about age of consent versus responsibility maybe. I'm not telling anyone how to post, I'm just missing where the insistence about whether or not 15 is "old enough" isn't helpful to finding them and could be very detrimental to Elizabeth and other VICTIMS. IMO

Not a clinical disorder because people don't come down with it on their own. It's also not a virus or a bacteria. But it's very much a real phenomenon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yup and people once said pretty much that PTSD was bunk years ago. We know differently now.

FYI, both of the posts date, caption edit and caption text links are for TC's IG. ET's isn't listed.

Thanks for catching those mistakes of mine. Sloppy copy/pasting on my part!

Elizabeth Thomas Instagram posts date, caption edited flag, and caption text (corrected link!)
https://pastebin.com/u0J8c0LQ

Tad Cummins Instagram posts date, caption edited flag, and caption text

https://pastebin.com/sBfFfDfX

Elizabeth Thomas Instagram posts liked by
https://pastebin.com/DfA8tHLR

Tad Cummins Instagram posts liked by (corrected link!)
https://pastebin.com/YgGCBcf7

I am hoping that we find them before they even come close to running out of money - today, tomorrow, end of the week at the latest.

Both of these individuals have common names. I'm not sure if they were to take legit jobs if their SSNs would trigger an investigation, but I assume this would be the case. But even if they did, it might take a while before anyone followed up. Total speculation on my part. :cow:
Yes I think they could still be stretching $4500 out.

Do you think he has savings or valuables, he just filed for bankruptcy in 2012?? I'm asking not questioning you, I really don't know. I just think if you had a bankruptcy case and you and your spouse both had middle class jobs it may be hard to save anything substantial?

I don't think he is wealthy by any means. Nor do I expect he has tens of thousands.

But I think it's possible he had several thousand dollars in his teacher retirement fund that he could have withdrawn (and would've had to take a penalty for doing so).

And yes, I also think it's possible that with both he and his wife working that they accumulated a few assets (stereos, music equipment etc.) in the last five years since declaring bankruptcy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have updated the Instagram metadata reports by adding a True / False flag indicating if the original caption was edited, as well as putting the times into local Central time and correcting when appropriate for Daylight Savings.

Elizabeth Thomas Instagram posts date, caption edited flag, and caption text

Tad Cummins Instagram posts date, caption edited flag, and caption text

Also I created a 2nd version of the reports to note which users 'liked' the posts as of March 19th, 2017 when I downloaded the metadata.

Elizabeth Thomas Instagram posts liked by
https://pastebin.com/DfA8tHLR

Tad Cummins Instagram posts liked by

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you see this as a violation of rules here.

Great work, thanks!

This might sound a bit over the top for some, but all of the #strong #unbreakable #love crap on a daily or hourly basis is/was a form of brainwashing.

What's with this #imokay? He should have wrote #imasickpervthatcantstayawayfromchildren

#Barf

Yes I think they could still be stretching $4500 out.

They can easily stretch that money a long ways if they live in the car and/or squat at vacant houses or cabins. I live not far from an extremely popular resort town outside of Little Rock (Hot Springs) and the lake there is absolutely covered with thousands of houses, condos, and apartments that are only lived in during the summer - and then mostly just on the weekends. I'm sure there are plenty of places like that all over the country.

Being a parent of 7 children (3 boys and 4 girls) who have all grown up to achieve their goals, and the fact that the word "step dad" is involved in 3 of these girls. well, lemme tell ya the road wasn't always smooth. Yes I have developed an opinion which I can say is valuable. The reason my opinion is valuable is because we made it through and all our children are now better off then us. Yay! All have degrees, careers and one daughter even has 2 masters degrees. I am so proud. (end ot rant)

One day one of our daughters stated she wanted a belly button stud at the age of 14. We said no. she got one anyway and would not disclose the perv who did it. Of course she broke out her only weapon --"You're not my dad!". Her "Real dad" called to say he was about to get violent with me because I was interfering with "his" daughter. I should lay off. Feeling something worse than a naval piercing was going to go down, I found something to do with my head and laid off.
This is just one of my many examples of kids knowing better than their parents. I hope this one is good enough, if not i can go on forever.

We live in an age where 13 year old children can be held accountable and tried as an adult for committing violent crimes. we are also in an age where our children are expected to choose a career path , or at least have an idea of this, by middle school age. By 10th grade you better have a college chosen or you are in for a chore.
Some of these kids hold on to the goal, others veer of the path to another career. However, some, at 15 years of age, have their life goals set in stone and achieve them. I have seen this for myself. It is their childhood experiences which drive this. I am convinced.

I am in now way "victim blaming" as I feel the school system has let this girl down. They should be well aware of the level of scheming a kid can accomplish once they become "rebellious". Once a kid has achieved this level, it is hard for them to comprehend anything of authority. They hear what they want to hear, or go to the ones who say it. Just my well educated street and parent smart opinion. I say no Stockholm. But I also say, no love was given when it was desperately needed. She went where the words made sense to her. Poor misguided girl. she is gifted, and doesn't even know it yet.

How long would it take LE to find out if he'd taken out cash advances on his credit cards? Would they tell us if he had an extra 1k they didn't know about first? He might have cards his wife didn't know about. And they might be through a different creditor.

I'm just trying to think of other ways he'd get money.

I think that's a possibility too. Credit cards are always offering cash advances or checks you can write to yourself. If he intended to leave his identity behind, he could possibly have done this. I am guessing he still couldn't get a ton of money though since he had gone bankrupt.

Jobs they might be able to do: yard work, hauling, baby sitting, nannying, tutoring, house sitting, home repair...what else?

Jobs they might be able to do: yard work, hauling, baby sitting, nannying, tutoring, house sitting, home repair...what else?

Agriculture work. Pet sitting.

Yup and people once said pretty much that PTSD was bunk years ago. We know differently now.

Many "experts" also said that DNA was junk science many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298