Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The school's fault lies not just in the events that took place from the reporting of the kiss on-wards, IMO. Though I can't produce cold, hard evidence towards this theory, I suspect there was a culture of "oh that's just Tad!" whenever some eyebrow-raising behavior was witnessed by the adults. I mean, the fact that the students called him "Tad" as well (per Destany Parrish) tells me that he was given way too much free reign with way too little oversight. Part of this is because his wife most likely had a stellar reputation as a person and as an employee with the school district and the assumption was that he was just as trustworthy as she. TC didn't come in to the job as a stranger off the street, there were personal bonds already established between the Cummins and his colleagues and superiors and a blind spot was in place from Day 1.

bbm. I completely agree with everything here.

For anyone doubting this could happen and other adults could be so blind and negligent...

"That's just Jerry," was said about Jerry Sandusky. For years and years.

TC & HIS PSYCHOLOGICAL DIAGNOSIS
I have a guess of what it could be. But to avoid any disagreements, I will just call him 'off'.

You know, I saw the whole debate and here's my worry. Yes, he's got all the earmarks of narcissism and borderline personality disorder, but those disorders are fairly consistent. That other then Destinay we haven't seen any other students or people coming forward, I'm thinking that maybe this was a fairly recent change in his behavior. The reason that worries me is that this risk taking behavior in conjunction with people saying he was always friendly and smiling makes me think we may be dealing with depression. If this is part of a downward spiral of depression, ET's in serious danger and she may not fully realize it. I mean the run the next time you're in public kind of danger even if he's threatening you with a gun. This may not be a trip TC intended to come back from, if you know what I mean.

In one of her IG posts she talked about having 2 twin beds that she pushed together, everyone kept sleeping on them and then someone did something gross on it and made it yucky. She then got a new bed.

Seems like the poor girl was prime to be taken advantage of. ;(

bbm. I completely agree with everything here.

For anyone doubting this could happen and other adults could be so bind and negligent...

"That's just Jerry," was said about Jerry Sandusky. For years and years.

Thank you to both of you! That's it's exactly and why these people get away with these things for so long.

I missed this little tid bit...how very odd to have a hospital bed in a high school classroom!

It is a vocational education setting, trying to teach some nurse aide skills for high school students contemplating entry level careers in health fields. They have blood pressure cuffs, hospital beds, etc., basic equipment they need to become familiar with.

IMO this is a much more complicated relationship than armchair psychiatrists can explain or even renowned research psychologists, for that matter.

I always felt that the strategy ought to be constant imploring "Elizabeth" to call home. I would have liked to see billboards with that statement. I am very happy to read ET's father's recent statement. She needs to know how missed and welcomed home she will be. The message needs to be constant and everywhere. IMO JMO MOO MY last post was "ET phone home." Has she? Will she?

She had some comment also about her bed getting there and how she didn't have to sleep on the couch anymore.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I do remember seeing that now

The classes included more than just CPR. From the school's website:

2016/2017 Culleoka Unit School Course Offerings

Health Science Education p. 10
Health Science Education
Diagnostic Medicine
Rehabilitation Careers
Forensics
Work-Based Learning Practicum

Yes, my kids high school lists lots of great classes that are never taught, too. In my experience Tennessee schools only take out predators when forced. Mostly they quietly dismiss the perv and let him/her move to another district or state. Unless it is blatant like this case.

You know, I saw the whole debate and here's my worry. Yes, he's got all the earmarks of narcissism and borderline personality disorder, but those disorders are fairly consistent. That other then Destinay we haven't seen any other students or people coming forward, I'm thinking that maybe this was a fairly recent change in his behavior. The reason that worries me is that this risk taking behavior in conjunction with people saying he was always friendly and smiling makes me think we may be dealing with depression. If this is part of a downward spiral of depression, ET's in serious danger and she may not fully realize it. I mean the run the next time you're in public kind of danger even if he's threatening you with a gun. This may not be a trip TC intended to come back from, if you know what I mean.

There is no question in my mind that ET is in serious danger.

IMO this is a much more complicated relationship than armchair psychiatrists can explain or even renowned research psychologists, for that matter.

I always felt that the strategy ought to be constant imploring "Elizabeth" to call home. I would have liked to see billboards with that statement. I am very happy to read ET's father's recent statement. She needs to know how missed and welcomed home she will be. The message needs to be constant and everywhere. IMO JMO MOO MY last post was "ET phone home." Has she? Will she?

IMHO, she is not in possession of her phone and not able to "phone home". I love your billboard idea, but the problem is, we have no idea where she is, and advertising this way is pricey.

Also, IMHO, raising the reward to, say, $250,000 might entice people to pay closer attention. I'm sure this has been mentioned before.
:cow:

Agree. I am going to go put my energy to posting her hashtag, keep the awareness up and hope for the best.

There is no question in my mind that ET is in serious danger.

IMHO, she is not in possession of her phone and not able to "phone home". I love your billboard idea, but the problem is, we have no idea where she is, and advertising this way is pricey.

Also, IMHO, raising the reward to, say, $250,000 might entice people to pay closer attention. I'm sure this has been mentioned before.
:cow:

I hear ya. Nothing practical about this. Yet she does need to know that she is meant to be home. IMO this will be resolved soon enough. I certainly hope very soon. Life on the run cannot be very much fun. Two days into the "adventure", TC looked frantic to me and much older even with dyed hair. ET looked stressed. May she have a way back home soon.

The school's fault lies not just in the events that took place from the reporting of the kiss on-wards, IMO. Though I can't produce cold, hard evidence towards this theory, I suspect there was a culture of "oh that's just Tad!" whenever some eyebrow-raising behavior was witnessed by the adults. I mean, the fact that the students called him "Tad" as well (per Destany Parrish) tells me that he was given way too much free reign with way too little oversight. Part of this is because his wife most likely had a stellar reputation as a person and as an employee with the school district and the assumption was that he was just as trustworthy as she. TC didn't come in to the job as a stranger off the street, there were personal bonds already established between the Cummins and his colleagues and superiors and a blind spot was in place from Day 1.

Since living in Tennessee for the past twenty years, I have heard grown up men with excellent jobs and families say "Boys will be boys," more than the previous 31 years combined. If TC was identified in his community as a 'good ol' boy' lots of things may have been ignored. And I love it here. Just different culturally than where I was raised.

Let's hope it does!

Elizabeth Thomas family files court order

"Thomas’ family said witnesses are not being forthcoming about what they know. They have now filed a petition in an effort to change that.

The family wants to interview potential witnesses under oath so that they have to tell the truth about what they know regarding Thomas and Cummins."

I hope this works

She had some comment also about her bed getting there and how she didn't have to sleep on the couch anymore.

I also was wondering how long she was having issues at home with her bed situation ... sounded like the new bed was fairly recent..... That in itself didn't jump out to me, my daughter was one that would go to the nurses in situations she needed 'a break' and they let her take a nap (husband was in dying of cancer the first month she was in 8th grade and in hospital the whole time, NOT much sleep going on at home), and even the 'microwave' could be written off IMO, since she had gluten issues so severe she needed an epipen.. maybe it was so food wasn't cross contaminated. I could see a teacher doing that for a student. Its when ALL of the things are added together that the story... the IG posts, the kiss, the secrets etc.. Did it POSSIBLY start off as a 'good teacher' helping a very very needy, abused child that then turned BAD? We won't know until and IF the whole story comes out. Which i agree with Mountain Kat. There is a LOT we don't know about family dynamics and her home situation for the last 15 years. She just needs to know she has a SAFE place to come back to. THAT is the key.

Let's hope it does!

Elizabeth Thomas family files court order

"Thomas’ family said witnesses are not being forthcoming about what they know. They have now filed a petition in an effort to change that.

The family wants to interview potential witnesses under oath so that they have to tell the truth about what they know regarding Thomas and Cummins."
This is about 2 weeks late but better now than never.

Question, this link... it is not Main Stream Media, is it? I am a bit perplexed... Is it MSM?

IMOO.

It is an approved link. We are very familiar with that site. It is actually Nancy Grace's new website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire