Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not even a smidgen of resemblance. That is 100% NOT her. LE and her father have already said it's not her, anyway. It's not up for debate at this point.

There is a smidgen of resemblance, enough to report it just to be safe. IMHO

I have been following along quietly as I have nothing to add due to no further sightings. Which is beyond worrisome. Also the fact that he has 2 weapons with. In reading this past week just how much TC mentally beat ET down has me terrified for this young lady. I hope I am wrong in my thoughts.

Maybe it's just me wanting her to be found and ok...but in reference to the Fville pictures. .with her known allergies, isn't it possible that the different mouth shape could be due to swelling? And the overall "different" Look could be general malaise and exhaustion from running? Not to mention, the looks of defeat? I just can't get past the hairline being exactly the same as ET!
MOO IMO

Maybe it's just me wanting her to be found and ok...but in reference to the Fville pictures. .with her known allergies, isn't it possible that the different mouth shape could be due to swelling? And the overall "different" Look could be general malaise and exhaustion from running? Not to mention, the looks of defeat? I just can't get past the hairline being exactly the same as ET!
MOO IMO

I don't know about swelling. One of my kids has a severe food allergy but doesn't have sustained swelling that would alter their chin or mouth shape etc.

But I think your general point, as well as the person who said we should report any pic, is totally valid.

While I would think my dad or family would recognize me, regardless of my hair, makeup, glasses etc., there have been several times in life--as a woman--where someone who knew me failed to immediately recognize me and quickly claimed it was because my hair was different or bc I was wearing glasses (which I rarely wear).

If someone changes 3 or 4 things--plucked their eye brows differently, wore colored contacts, changed their hair color, wore oddly shaped glasses etc., it can greatly impact our ability to recognize them.

Still, studies show people who are familiar with a subject are more likely to recognize them than strangers who know them only by photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about swelling. One of my kids has a severe food allergy but doesn't have sustained swelling that would alter their chin or mouth shape etc.

But I think your general point, as well as the person who said we should report any pic, is totally valid.

While I would think my dad or family would recognize me, regardless of my hair, makeup, glasses etc., there have been several times in life--as a woman--where someone who knew me failed to immediately recognize me and quickly claimed it was because my hair was different or bc I was wearing glasses (which I rarely wear).

If someone changes 3 or 4 things--plucked their eye brows differently, wore colored contacts, changed their hair color, wore oddly shaped glasses etc., it can greatly impact our ability to recognize them.

Still, studies show people who are familiar with a subject are more likely to recognize them than strangers who know them only by photos.

Exactly. Just because we have seen a few pictures of her doesn't mean we will be able to recognize any subtleties that the family might pick up on rather quickly.

I don't believe they look alike but it's common in these types of cases for people to See things that aren't really there. While there's a small resemblance, it's been confirmed that it isn't her anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. One time, an acquaintance failed to recognize me because I had my hair up and was wearing a hat.

Yep, sent it to 2 different agencies and her dad myself. I'm just trying to get the point across that if there is even a slight chance it might be her then you should report it, not just this picture but anything you might come across.
Thank you for reporting it.
I too questioned the differences , but , thats why I reached out for others perspective. IMO we all see things slightly different and IMO I would hate to be the person who dismissed a possible tip/sighting based on one or two pictures of someone I've never met.

So what do you think of my idea that they may be hiding in a city instead of in the country? They could walk or take public transit. If the vehicle had paper plates on it, they could park it on the street and move it every night.

I checked furnished apt. rentals in OK City. Rents are low. And maybe TC conned his way into a job as an apartment manager.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Oklahoma/Oklahoma-City/furnished-available-4ic/

Trying to find a new angle on possible directions. Went back to some of the searches by TC prior to the disappearance and see what he was looking at. Used the "age of consent" search in Google
(Don't turn me in I'm not planning anything just doing research tracing his possible steps, we don't know the actual websites).
There seem to be two consents, consent to marry and consent to "the birds and the bees". It's generally thought IMO that the intentions was the marry consent, but the "birds and the bees" consent rules seem to be similar in each state with an age exception which doesn't apply here.
This may lead to where it would be the most desired to go is if this was the plan.

Age of consent to marry -

http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/state-by-state-marriage-age-of-consent-laws.html

Alabama - 16, 14 with parental consent
Arizona - 18, 16 with parental consent
California - 18, or any age with parental consent
Nevada - 16 or younger with parental consent
New Mexico 17, 16 with parental consent,
Oklahoma - 16, parental consent for younger
Texas - 17, parental and judical consent for younger
Tennessee - 18, 16 with parental consent
Utah 18, younger parental consent

She will be 16 next month.
None of this means he can follow the law. He cannot legally marry her now or provide parental consent.

But if following the results -

Alabama, Nevada and Oklahoma show up as the first ones.
New Mexico, Texas are a push
Arizona, California, Tennessee and Utah are the least options.

There are some exceptions in the case of pregnancy that will change these results.

All of which is irrelevant, since ET doesn't have parental consent.

They were in North Central AL. We have no idea how long they were here. It takes about 80 minutes to get to Decatur from Columbia. They were somewhere from 8 that morning until 3 that afternoon and still a while to get out of AL no matter what direction they went.

But you have made my point, while this state is one that allows that technology, that doesn't mean every city or state highway or interstate, has it. Being all over is determined by the city. We allow this technology, we don't have much of it. There are some cities that have a lot of it and that is near the beach. Just because a state allows it, doesn't mean there is any helpful amount of that technology that would catch them. They got to OKC without being picked up.

They are all over Alabama. To the best of my knowledge they are all over every single state.

ALABAMA (WAFF) -
It's a tool Virginia authorities credited last week when they tracked down a man who fatally shot a reporter and photographer during a live shot near
Roanoke.

We're taking about license plate readers, and they are not just in Virginia. Most of us never notice them, but we’ve learned they are all over Alabama, scanning our every move.

License plate readers: Needed protection or too much surveillance?

I've indicated via red boxes on the attached map where I personally feel TC and ET are if still in the US. My reasoning is as follows (in no specific order):

Florida
Low chance they're on the Panhandle as it's filled with tourists from SE states that I suspect follow this story more closely than other regions. Plus, his vacation pics from Panama City Beach make it a little too obvious of a possible location. However, south Florida is another story. Yes, they were going the opposite direction as of March 15 but I still wouldn't rule this out.

Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho
All states with vast patches of land that are amenable to an "off the grid" lifestyle. I put Utah on here but NOT because of the polygamy cult theory, which I don't subscribe to.

I eliminated California for the same reason that was already brought up by another user recently - TC's conservative worldview probably makes a known liberal state like CA unappealing in his eyes. I'm applying the same reasoning to why they're not probably not in Canada. Also, Canada is is tougher to cross than say, Mexico IMO.

attachment.php

Attachments

• possible states 1.jpg
    possible states 1.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 479
So what do you think of my idea that they may be hiding in a city instead of in the country? They could walk or take public transit. If the vehicle had paper plates on it, they could park it on the street and move it every night.

I checked furnished apt. rentals in OK City. Rents are low. And maybe TC conned his way into a job as an apartment manager.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Oklahoma/Oklahoma-City/furnished-available-4ic/

Are paper plates common in Oklahoma? Even if they are, police could still run the VIN number, if the vehicle was parked on the street for any length of time. With all the publicity that the sighting in Oklahoma City is generating, I don't see how they could step outside for two minutes without being recognized.

Plates.jpg

I am not sure what license plate readers would do with disguised plates.

I've indicated via red boxes on the attached map where I personally feel TC and ET are if still in the US. My reasoning is as follows (in no specific order):

Florida
Low chance they're on the Panhandle as it's filled with tourists from SE states that I suspect follow this story more closely than other regions. Plus, his vacation pics from Panama City Beach make it a little too obvious of a possible location. However, south Florida is another story. Yes, they were going the opposite direction as of March 15 but I still wouldn't rule this out.

Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho
All states with vast patches of land that are amenable to an "off the grid" lifestyle. I put Utah on here but NOT because of the polygamy cult theory, which I don't subscribe to.

I eliminated California for the same reason that was already brought up by another user recently - TC's conservative worldview probably makes a known liberal state like CA unappealing in his eyes. I'm applying the same reasoning to why they're not probably not in Canada. Also, Canada is is tougher to cross than say, Mexico IMO.

attachment.php

Native Californian here, born and raised.

<modsnip>

However, I'd rule out California because it's pricey, there are lots highway cameras, a high percentage of law enforcement, and, IMHO, he wouldn't blend in as well here.

Native Californian here, born and raised.

<modsnip>

However, I'd rule out California because it's pricey, there are lots highway cameras, a high percentage of law enforcement, and, IMHO, he wouldn't blend in as well here.

Native CA here too. I think Cummins would avoid staying in CA too long because it is more expensive. But I do think he may enter CA to possible enter Mexico via the border crossing at Tijuana. It is a very busy one and they may have a better chance of scooting through undetected, especially on a 2-day tourist pass. And especially if they have forged or altered documents.

Are paper plates common in Oklahoma? Even if they are, police could still run the VIN number, if the vehicle was parked on the street for any length of time. With all the publicity that the sighting in Oklahoma City is generating, I don't see how they could step outside for two minutes without being recognized.

I cannot speak to the popularity of paper plates in Oklahoma, but I do think we need to be looking for the vehicle rather than focusing on the plate number. There are a number of ways he could have changed the plate. Think about it. Why would you ditch a perfectly good late model vehicle when all you need to do is alter/cover/replace the plate?

In terms of Oklahoma City, what I am saying is what if that was their intended destination and what if their plan was to settle in a large city and blend into the city? It doesn't have to be OK City and if they know that they were spotted there, they would probably have changed their plans. What about Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin, Lubbock, some large-ish city in Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli