Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have asked all of the Walmarts in the area to check their video, or maybe just the one closest to the toll booth they last passed through.

What toll booth? Is there new information?

I don't agree. We live in a nation where we have freedom. A nation ran by laws. But if I had a daughter and someone gave me 2 options:

1. Have my daughter back, at the expense of Todd being able to be free, and my daughter no longer see him.

2. Never see my daughter again or even know where she is or if she is safe.

I'm going to be taking option 2 any day and 10 out of 10 times you asked me. Sorry, it may sound cold hearted and like I'm putting family ahead of country but maybe that's just how I was raised.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Maybe I am misunderstanding. You chose 2 and would NOT take your daughter back?

I'd choose 1, 100% of the time, and deal my own justice to TC....He'd make out worse than a cushy jail.

I found this:
[video=youtube;j4XJw6aqcWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XJw6aqcWw[/video]

Well of course, yes, I agree.

But anything and everything he does depends on him not drawing suspicion to himself. Even if he somehow gets a new, legal vehicle on the books using a fake ID, he has to be careful not to speed, not to get arrested for disorderly conduct or pulled over for a headlight being out.

But if your goal is to get out of town fast, switching license plates and not drawing attention to yourself until you're two days of travel away? Seems like a low risk scenario in my book...especially if you get a jump on the AA.

My husband and I recently traveled from MI to FL and back and we saw only one or two police the whole way and they were never behind us or even on the road. They were sitting way off to the side with their radar guns.

Getting away for two days is not that difficult, even without changing license plates. Getting away longer than that is what is hard.

And this:
[video=youtube;cBUza_Qp-N4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBUza_Qp-N4[/video]

Just an aside. I am relatively positive there are NO plate readers anywhere in my state.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm relatively positive that you are wrong. I suggest you research it some more. It's almost a certainty that your license plate number has been logged by ALPRs hundreds or even thousands of times.

I'm relatively positive that you are wrong. I suggest you research it some more. It's almost a certainty that your license plate number has been logged by ALPRs hundreds or even thousands of times.
Most of Tennessee does not have plate readers.... Idk about the other states

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Getting away for two days is not that difficult, even without changing license plates. Getting away longer than that is what is hard.

Agreed. And I tend to think in terms of "what I would do"--which is switch plates (if I didn't have access to another vehicle), disguise myself, change cars as early as possible, get as far away as possible, and then lay low for several months somewhere off the grid...until I could try to get an under the table job.

When he walked into Walmart in OKC, he proved he isn't following my own idea of what is logical.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall that we ever read a description of the borrowed bathing suit.....which may be helpful, although Mr. MegaBucks could always spring for a new one on one of their WalMart excursions, I suppose. JMO

I have been paying attention to how many police officers I encounter when driving. Rarely is one directly behind me. There are a couple of places where they routinely hang out and radar gun cars going by. Now I wonder if they are also scanning plates... Also, we have a lot of motorcycle officers here, is that common in the south?

It's not that easy to see a cop behind you. I have been pulled over more than a few times when I didn't think a cop was behind me. Probably less than 50% of patrol cars on the road are even marked. Your plate can be read by an ALPR equipped car coming from the other direction, or pretty much any direction.

What toll booth? Is there new information?

Somebody pointed out that I-44 near Oklahoma City has toll booths. There is no information that they were spotted there, but it does seem likely that they could have passed through a toll booth there, and that would have tipped off LE to their location.

Somebody pointed out that I-44 near Oklahoma City has toll booths. There is no information that they were spotted there, but it does seem likely that they could have passed through a toll booth there, and that would have tipped off LE to their location.

I see.

Yes if they went north or south of OK City on I-44.

About time they admitted something. I find it disturbing that they would need a task force for this. Their thinking and action was so basically flawed in this case that instead of a task force, IMO they need a widespread house cleaning! Their stupidity and inability to respond to the situation directly led to the grooming of minor girls and the kidnapping of one. And I still think they know more than what they are coming forward with. Not a fan of that school system.

Me either. It seems like teenagers are in charge there. Adults with a teenaged mentality. Or lack of education. It seems clannish, clickish, ignorant people in charge there. Very unprofessional.

I hope Cummins didn't take her to Mexico. I worry that Gramps Cummins is not prepared or physically able to protect her from what could happen there. The places they would have to hide out would not be safe for a young girl. It makes me extremely angry to think about how arrogant Cummins is and how carefree he has treated the safety of Elizabeth.

You know the kinds of people in danger there are mostly wealthy Mexicans who can pay ransoms, wealthy Americans who drive through with expensive trucks or cars, people involved in the narcotrafficante world, drunken tourists and young women who live in certain border towns that are totally controlled by cartels.

There are many places where people can live and travel through safely, depending.

I posted a couple of recent cases of white Americans hiding out down there, raising kids for years, even decades.

I hope that she is still alive and he is stupid enough to be in Texas. My fear is that it's already too late.

I have been following along quietly as I have nothing to add due to no further sightings. Which is beyond worrisome. Also the fact that he has 2 weapons with. In reading this past week just how much TC mentally beat ET down has me terrified for this young lady. I hope I am wrong in my thoughts.

I'm with both of you. I'm scared but wouldnt be surprised to hear some landowner found a car with two bodies in it, frankly. :(

I've indicated via red boxes on the attached map where I personally feel TC and ET are if still in the US. My reasoning is as follows (in no specific order):

Florida
Low chance they're on the Panhandle as it's filled with tourists from SE states that I suspect follow this story more closely than other regions. Plus, his vacation pics from Panama City Beach make it a little too obvious of a possible location. However, south Florida is another story. Yes, they were going the opposite direction as of March 15 but I still wouldn't rule this out.

Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho
All states with vast patches of land that are amenable to an "off the grid" lifestyle. I put Utah on here but NOT because of the polygamy cult theory, which I don't subscribe to.

I eliminated California for the same reason that was already brought up by another user recently - TC's conservative worldview probably makes a known liberal state like CA unappealing in his eyes. I'm applying the same reasoning to why they're not probably not in Canada. Also, Canada is is tougher to cross than say, Mexico IMO.

attachment.php

<modsnip>

Its limitless really where they could be. In a few of these types of cases the perp fled to California with their victim. In some they went to Mexico and some stayed in the state camping on someone's property or fled to remote western regions you have to hike deep into.

I don't see a pattern we can rely on.

I know someone who lives off the grid in a major U.S. city. He pays cash for rent which includes utilities, pre pays for data on a smart phone, and works under the table. He doesn't have any advanced degrees or skills or anything. He just has extreme views about personal freedom and doesn't feel the government needs his info. He makes a comfortable middle class living this way.

Isn't off the grid not relying on public utilities or things like the internet?

I don't agree. We live in a nation where we have freedom. A nation ran by laws. But if I had a daughter and someone gave me 2 options:

1. Have my daughter back, at the expense of Todd being able to be free, and my daughter no longer see him.

2. Never see my daughter again or even know where she is or if she is safe.

I'm going to be taking option 2 any day and 10 out of 10 times you asked me. Sorry, it may sound cold hearted and like I'm putting family ahead of country but maybe that's just how I was raised.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't think that's putting your family ahead of your country. At all. I think it's leaving your kid in the hands of a dangerous predator. It wouldn't be safe. It wouldn't be smart. It wouldn't protect her. It sure wouldn't be legal.

Even if some parent thought it was okay to leave their kid to be victimized endlessly by a child molester, the law would never allow it. It is flat illegal. And to me not rational or reasonable in any way.

I know some cannot or refuse to understand. It it is illegal in this country and is abuse for a 15 year old girl to be "mating" with a 50 year old man. Now maybe in Yemen or Afghanistan that stuff might fly. For the most part, not here.

I think it is clear this child was coerced, manipulated and victimized. She was vulnerable having been previously abused, not socializing well in her first year of public school and with low self esteem. She was exploited by this dangerous predator and also threatened by him as the recent filing demonstrates. She was confused, frightened and conflicted. It is odd to me that in light of the facts we know of this girl and who she is, some continue to insist or insinuate she is no victim.

How did he rent and get a job with no ID or credit check?

Not everybody cares. Apartment might be an illegal apartment, or a sub-lease, and the employer might have their own reasons for wanting to keep things off the books (not offering insurance/paying appropriate taxes, etc.)

Depends. My state doesn't have toll booths (did away with them after a horrid accident years ago.) And I could probably count the number of times I've had a police car behind me in the last couple years on one hand. "Hundreds" seems awfully high, even if every police car has a scanner and it's always on.

And on a related topic...

We're assuming that the Walmart they stopped at has outdoor surveillance cameras. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Not long ago, someone had a purse stolen in the parking lot at the local mall. (This being a relatively popular mall in a populated suburban area.) They went to the police - guess what? Mall has no cameras. And then, a couple weeks back, someone went to the local cinema - came out (this was around 9pm) and not only had their car been broken into, but all 4 wheels were gone. Since they've been looking for witnesses, I can only assume that if there were cameras, they didn't get much from them.

KaaBoom ask any TN residents and they will tell you how it is here.....I travel I 65 for work and my husband goes from TN state line to Al state line for his job ....THP is normally near the weigh stations

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I am ok with being wrong- I honestly have no problem if my plates are being scanned. :) I have nothing to hide, but i just think it would have come up in some news story or conversation around here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170408-150423.jpg
    Screenshot_20170408-150423.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online