Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is ET's dad's desire for the legal action - to discover what these folks DO know. No matter how small, or seemingly insignificant. How they felt about TC, stuff they saw, stuff they heard, etc. so on and so forth.

Stuff they *should* have been forthcoming with, but for whatever reason have not. As a parent of 4 teens I totally get where ET's dad is coming from, but also from a LE perspective it's crucial that they know what these kids know/think/thought/feel/heard... you know?

Imo.

Her dad wants 10 million from the school district.

Jmo.

Because he seems to make a lot of litigation comments to the press.

Or at least his lawyer does.

Jmo for now.

Imo.

Jmo.

Jmo for now.

And so what if he does? They screwed up and his child is missing with a teacher. I hope he does sue. (And I'm not sue happy.) There are multiple parties at fault here, and a school should not get away with how they handled this situation.

Can you elaborate on what the severe consequences could be?

Most likely contempt of court and possibly sanctions of some type. I'm not a lawyer so not sure of specifics. Maybe one of the lawyers on this forum might have more info.

One of the things I didn't get enough information on to understand was about TC going uninvited to ET's home. It sounded like it happened quite a bit. I would like to know more about this and why he wasn't told to leave by the father at that time.

Putting myself into ET's head....

The case regarding her mother is coming up soon. Might she fear the mother regaining custody? For that matter, might she consciously or subconsciously blame her father for not preventing the abuse by the mother? (Not saying he was responsible, but in her head she might feel that he was, especially if TC encouraged that belief.)

If she fears the upcoming case, might she be willing to stay with TC even if it's uncomfortable/boring/scary because she sees him as the lesser of two evils?

I believe the upcoming case is a criminal case, not a custody case.

This is the planet I'm from:

In the early 70's, when my older brother bullied a kid at school and made him cry, the school sent a letter home to my mom. As soon as mom got the letter, she put my brother in the car and drove to the student's house and marched him to the front door to have him apologize to the student AND his mother. Once that was done, he was grounded for like... life or something. I just remember him being home for a long time. I also remember it as a great example.

My brother grew up and became LE himself. I almost did too, but life had another plan for me (now I'm here, you're welcome, lol) Kids need parents with strong backbones that help them do the right thing for no other reason than, because it's the right thing. It IS that simple.

moo.

That's how I parent as well. I've got four kids and mine have each had to make a few phone calls and show up on some door steps to make apologies. My middle school daughter recently wronged another girl and she worked around our house for hours doing extra chores to buy the other girl a movie gift card. Generally my kids have good reputations and manners and are thought of as leaders. They've been held accountable for their actions and rightly so.

I'm certainly not blaming any kid for Tad's actions but there's no way I'd allow my child to stay quiet when they knew something that could affect someone else's life. It wouldn't happen.

Please people.

Can you tell me how many 15 year olds were legally depositioned during a case where a teacher ran off with a underage student?

So why should my kids have to answer questions in a deposition to help find your daughter.

While its obvious that she was kidnapped by someone like a teacher that lied to her while taking her?

So imo. Maybe they should deposition his friends for possible whereabouts. Jmo

One of the things I didn't get enough information on to understand was about TC going uninvited to ET's home. It sounded like it happened quite a bit. I would like to know more about this and why he wasn't told to leave by the father at that time.

I believe the filing said it happened when the father was not home.

Most likely contempt of court and possibly sanctions of some type. I'm not a lawyer so not sure of specifics. Maybe one of the lawyers on this forum might have more info.

Thanks. I felt that your post was based on a particular statute that I would like to know about so that's why I asked.

I'm not sure there is any penalty in this situation. JMO

Please people.

Can you tell me how many 15 year olds were legally depositioned during a case where a teacher ran off with a underage student?

So why should my kids have to answer questions in a deposition to help find my daughter.

While its obvious that she was kidnapped by someone that lied to her while taking her?

So imo. Maybe they should deposition his friends. Jmo

Again, please show me that we KNOW her friends were petitioned...or who specifically was or was not.

Let's say there are zero cases where minors were disposed in a disappearance like this. Why does that matter? If people involved with other cases were not withholding information, why would they be diposed? It's comparing apples to oranges. It does NOT matter if other cases didn't do it. Every case is different, the players are different, the circumstances are different. Who cares if other people weren't diposed? They didn't know Elizabeth and they aren't involved here. A perp lying does not mean other people don't have information. I mean, crap. Criminals lie. That doesn't mean people close to the situation can't have information that benefits the case.

If people have information about Elizabeth OR Tad relating to their relationship, they need to share that. If they don't, they are hindering an investigation and need to be compelled. Minors don't get a pass. Neither do adults.

JMO.

Again, please show me that we KNOW her friends were petitioned...or who specifically was or was not.

Let's say there are zero cases where minors were disposed in a disappearance like this. Why does that matter? If people involved with other cases were not withholding information, why would they be diposed? It's comparing apples to oranges. It does NOT matter if other cases didn't do it. Every case is different, the players are different, the circumstances are different. Who cares if other people weren't diposed? They didn't know Elizabeth and they aren't involved here. A perp lying does not mean other people don't have information. I mean, crap. Criminals lie. That doesn't mean people close to the situation can't have information that benefits the case.

If people have information about Elizabeth OR Tad relating to their relationship, they need to share that. If they don't, they are hindering an investigation and need to be compelled. Minors don't get a pass. Neither do adults.

JMO.

Her dad wants to deposition her 15 year old friends as adults to see if they are lying. ...

But he doesn't realize that they are babies like his daughter. Jmo

Her dad wants to deposition her friends to see if they are lying. ...

I will have to read the petition again, but I don't recall any parties being named specifically. And I also don't recall the petition saying they didn't want to question adults and only minors.

ETA: I'm not being argumentative. I don't remember what the petition said exactly. I *think* two fifteen year olds were mentioned, but I don't recall the rest. with that said, if they have information...I do hope they will feel compelled to be transparent. I'm off to read the petition.

Imo.

Jmo.

Jmo for now.

I'm not sure all of the potentially deposed kids are friends of Elizabeth. It may be possible that they are some of the kids that Tad Cummins was blustering at lunch with.

I don't believe the father is pursuing legal recourse to sue the school for his own gain. I believe he is doing it because he and his attorney want to send a clear message that what happened is not acceptable. When Elizabeth returns home, she will need a lot of counseling and rehabilitation. That is costly. She deserves to got to a different school and on to college, if that ends up being private then that too can be expensive. A lawsuit against the school that played a significant part in causing damage to Elizabeth will help pay for her rehabilitation.

A lawsuit is necessary because the school won't voluntarily pay for the damages. They have barely admitted wrongdoing, but they're waking up now that there is a lawsuit. It's pathetic it takes that for them to start taking this seriously.

As for him making comments to the press, I would do that too if I was in his place. I would do everything possible to keep the case in front of the media. IMO he is acting like a heartbroken and worried father. JMO.

Imo.

Jmo.

Jmo for now.

he may ask for $10 million, doesnt mean he will get that much. you start high and find the amount n the middle. of course i think it will be settled with a disclosure not to say for, IMHO

I am actually mad about dad wanting to deposition the same young kids of his own daughters age.

Jmo.

Because a deposition would make these young kids feel like co conspirators. Jmo.

Especially since they are young and gullible just like his baby girl. Jmo.

So did dad ever force a deposition upon his own daughters or kids?

I believe it's a seriousness enough situation to depo kids. Those kids lives aren't in danger, but ET's is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Giving a false police report. Accessory after the fact if she is harmed by him and "friend" knows where they are located?
He is a fugitive harboring a minor and if they know the location they could be accomplices.

JMO.

I believe the exact list was requested to be sealed to protect their identify and any harm.
And probably make them more willing to be open and truthful

Putting myself into ET's head....

The case regarding her mother is coming up soon. Might she fear the mother regaining custody? For that matter, might she consciously or subconsciously blame her father for not preventing the abuse by the mother? (Not saying he was responsible, but in her head she might feel that he was, especially if TC encouraged that belief.)

If she fears the upcoming case, might she be willing to stay with TC even if it's uncomfortable/boring/scary because she sees him as the lesser of two evils?

I think some of her stress ET could have had may have been about the bullying the students did after 'the kiss.'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we know minors are being petitioned? (I read the petition when it came out, my brain has had to store other info since. Lol.)

If my minor child had info they weren't forthcoming with...i would be dragging them to LE to tell what they know. There is no way my kid would get away with silence while another is missing. If they refused to talk, I would absolutely let them be diposed. There are consequences for our actions and in actions. There is a child missing and being uncooperative is unacceptable. Period.

IIRC the petition cites 2 friends 1 that had stopped cooperating and 1 that knows more and could be their intended location. If these were adults and did nothing that would be incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member