Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People with narcissistic personalities such as TC tend to be extremely charming. They have two completely different sides to them - the one they show everyone else, and the one they show to those they abuse/'love'. He is probably (and has been) mentally/emotionally abusing ET without her even realizing it. Especially since her mother's abuse was physical and his abuse doesn't leave (physical) scars. She probably doesn't even know how to put her finger on why she was concerned about seeing him at work or leaving with him. Narcissists are very very clever in tearing down what ever amount of self esteem their victim has. He probably has her convinced he is the only one who understands her pain. Her schoolmates (and other teachers ?) shunned/bullied her regarding their relationship/kiss/his being fired, how perfect for him to 'be on her side' and tell her he doesn't blame her.

He probably shows a completely different facade to the other teachers and students and that is one of a great guy, affable, likable, charming, supportive, etc. Probably why people were upset with her and supportive of him. Narcissists are very dangerous, very cunning, have absolutely no empathy, and are completely and solely out for themselves only. I'm betting JC is thrilled he is gone. Their kids probably are too. Although I'm guessing they're sorry for ET getting tangled in his web. They know what she is (or very soon will be) going through with him.

Narcissists are nasty in their home life. Very negative, very pissy, and are only out to make themselves look good to the outside world. Their victims become very focused trying to keep him calm and nice, dreading an outburst and trying to keep the peace. For a narcissist, it's all about the facade they put out there to look as if they are better than everyone else. Look at his 'lifetime achievements': millionaire, CIA, etc. He is probably lieing and telling people (if they meet others along the way) that she is 18 and isn't he the stud (butt-ugly) 50 year old that can get a beautiful '18' year old. Maybe they even got her a fake id (I know many college freshman get these very easily on many campuses, sadly). I know she is only 15 and looks young, but at my age (50s) anyone under 30 looks like a baby to me, especially 18 year olds. I would have trouble telling the difference between a 15 year old and an 18 year old.

The saddest thing about narcissists, is that so many others think they are great people, high achievers, when in actuality, they are miserable trying to take those they 'love' down to their level of misery. Fortunately, most people never experience having a narcissist in their life - they will never comprehend just how bad life is with one and I hope ET isn't experiencing this side of him (it usually takes a while for a narc to let his real self out and show the ugly).

I pray every night that LE finds these two and saves ET from TC's disgusting grip.
Just jumping in here, but well said. I agree, narcissists are as charming as a snake.

There was a reality type show on in the UK "Hunted" 10 contestants had to spend a month trying to evade capture and if they did they won money.
They were hunted by ex top cops professionalising in finding criminals who had access to cctv apr etc etc.
Some did evade capture but what I found interesting was the relationships between the pairs.
Different relationships from long time friends, uni graduates, family and couples - towards the end they became paranoid, fed up of each other, bickering, worried, scared and felt each other was ruining their chances etc. Some even split up and went alone. I think similar will happen here, she will bore of him, stop believing every word he says, resent him etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything new happen over the weekend? I'm not seeing much in MSM.

Yes.

And as far as the next steps taken, we will start by notifying the police that we are going to increase scrutiny. We will let them know that this should be resolved and continue to voice our opinions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Who is "we?"

People with narcissistic personalities such as TC tend to be extremely charming. They have two completely different sides to them - the one they show everyone else, and the one they show to those they abuse/'love'. He is probably (and has been) mentally/emotionally abusing ET without her even realizing it. Especially since her mother's abuse was physical and his abuse doesn't leave (physical) scars. She probably doesn't even know how to put her finger on why she was concerned about seeing him at work or leaving with him. Narcissists are very very clever in tearing down what ever amount of self esteem their victim has. He probably has her convinced he is the only one who understands her pain. Her schoolmates (and other teachers ?) shunned/bullied her regarding their relationship/kiss/his being fired, how perfect for him to 'be on her side' and tell her he doesn't blame her.

He probably shows a completely different facade to the other teachers and students and that is one of a great guy, affable, likable, charming, supportive, etc. Probably why people were upset with her and supportive of him. Narcissists are very dangerous, very cunning, have absolutely no empathy, and are completely and solely out for themselves only. I'm betting JC is thrilled he is gone. Their kids probably are too. Although I'm guessing they're sorry for ET getting tangled in his web. They know what she is (or very soon will be) going through with him.

Narcissists are nasty in their home life. Very negative, very pissy, and are only out to make themselves look good to the outside world. Their victims become very focused trying to keep him calm and nice, dreading an outburst and trying to keep the peace. For a narcissist, it's all about the facade they put out there to look as if they are better than everyone else. Look at his 'lifetime achievements': millionaire, CIA, etc. He is probably lieing and telling people (if they meet others along the way) that she is 18 and isn't he the stud (butt-ugly) 50 year old that can get a beautiful '18' year old. Maybe they even got her a fake id (I know many college freshman get these very easily on many campuses, sadly). I know she is only 15 and looks young, but at my age (50s) anyone under 30 looks like a baby to me, especially 18 year olds. I would have trouble telling the difference between a 15 year old and an 18 year old.

The saddest thing about narcissists, is that so many others think they are great people, high achievers, when in actuality, they are miserable trying to take those they 'love' down to their level of misery. Fortunately, most people never experience having a narcissist in their life - they will never comprehend just how bad life is with one and I hope ET isn't experiencing this side of him (it usually takes a while for a narc to let his real self out and show the ugly).

I pray every night that LE finds these two and saves ET from TC's disgusting grip.

Excellent post! It is so hard for people who have never dealt with a narcissist to truly comprehend how they can be wonderful one minute and evil the next. They are masters of mimicry. They don't feel empathy or the feelings normal people do, but they have learned when and how to skillfully mimic those expressions to lure people into doing what they want them to do.

Spring Break here. Havent been online. Was hopeful I would log on and there would be a sighting or better yet ET was found! Hoping its today

What I hate more than the lack of news is the feeling I'm getting that LE doesn't have any better ideas of where to find them than we do.

May Elizabeth come home today.

Hey, sorry I'm not caught up. We have had death in the family and then others hospitalized. I don't have the energy or the ability to do much. We are struggling as a family.

Wow you're really way off base here IMO. Who said they are going deposition them as adults? If they have info they should come forward with it, they are not so the only way to theoretically get the truth is to deposition them, then at least if they lie and are found out then whatever consequences there are there are.

Questioning a 15 yr old under deposition is a lot different than kidnapping a 15 yr old, whether she wanted to go or not, especially since the only reason she would have wanted to go was because he was a person she thought she could trust because of the position he was in. IMO

I'm guessing you have no children, at least no daughters?

So the thing is her parents and herself are refusing to cooperate with the FBI/TBI/Police department. She has changed her story 100 times but has given information that she would only know if still in contact with them. At this point this was a last resort that has to be done if we want the truth out of this girl. Ps she is 16 and drives.

Weird tip. After finding out they wanted to question her the parents sold her old car and got her a different one.

Imo.

Her dad wants 10 million from the school district.

Jmo.

Because he seems to make a lot of litigation comments to the press.

Or at least his lawyer does.

Jmo for now.

Actually we don't want any money from the school. That is an ignorant assumption going around the internet. We just want a safety plan in place to prevent this from happening to any further child. We haven't ask the school board for any money.

I am actually mad about dad wanting to deposition the same young kids of his own daughters age.

Jmo.

Because a deposition would make these young kids feel like co conspirators. Jmo.

Especially since they are young and gullible just like his baby girl. Jmo.

So did dad ever force a deposition upon his own daughters or kids?

The girl has given up info to the police that appeared to be only knowledge she would know if still in contact. Her parents and herself refuse to cooperate. This was last resort.

The girl has given up info to the police that appeared to be only knowledge she would know if still in contact. Her parents and herself refuse to cooperate. This was last resort.

Kat, I am praying for your family. We know you are exhausted and grieving and doing all you can to bring your sister home. We appreciate you being here, but take as much time as you need to rest and be well. We support you. And we are devoted to seeing Elizabeth returned safely and Tad Cummins brought to justice.

So the thing is her parents and herself are refusing to cooperate with the FBI/TBI/Police department. She has changed her story 100 times but has given information that she would only know if still in contact with them. At this point this was a last resort that has to be done if we want the truth out of this girl. Ps she is 16 and drives.

Weird tip. After finding out they wanted to question her the parents sold her old car and got her a different one.
I'm so sorry about all your family is going through! Know that you're in my deepest prayers and thoughts 💖💖💖 I'm very hopeful that the deposition will provide actual concrete answers, or at the very least a solid foundation from which to keep searching. My heart just breaks for your family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

To the person who is questioning the deposition of teenagers...

Depositions don't take place in basements under heat lamps. They are civil conversations, witnessed by lawyers and a clerk who records what is said, and can take place in courts, conference rooms, even someone's home in some cases.

Being deposed can actually spare the witness stress because the deposition can be entered into evidence, which may make it less necessary for the child to appear in court.

As someone who has worked with teenagers throughout my adult career, I believe the average high school students is competent enough to understand the proceedings and participate in a civil proceeding like this.

While they may have mixed feelings about telling on a friend (Elizabeth or TC), they will be glad in the long run that they did all they could. Can you imagine how they would feel if TC harmed Elizabeth and they had to live with their choice to not assist police in recovering her?

My children would've been marched down to the police station to tell officers everything they knew on Day 1.

Kat, I am sorry for your loss. May your family members' regain their health very soon. I, too, pray for Elizabeth's safe return every day.

I was thinking that it would be helpful to know what other clothes she brought for a change. We have only seen her in the brown flannel shirt and leggings. Do you know style and colors? Thanks for the updates and I hope you get the answers you need.

Hey, sorry I'm not caught up. We have had death in the family and then others hospitalized. I don't have the energy or the ability to do much. We are struggling as a family.

I am so sorry for all you and your family are going though. I hope every day that Elizabeth is found safe and returned to you. Stay strong and know that there are a lot of people you don't know that are supporting you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser