Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And so what if he does? They screwed up and his child is missing with a teacher. I hope he does sue. (And I'm not sue happy.) There are multiple parties at fault here, and a school should not get away with how they handled this situation.

It seems very odd that TC had lots of students hanging out with him. I wonder if that is common these days...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Her dad wants to deposition her 15 year old friends as adults to see if they are lying. ...

But he doesn't realize that they are babies like his daughter. Jmo

Wow you're really way off base here IMO. Who said they are going deposition them as adults? If they have info they should come forward with it, they are not so the only way to theoretically get the truth is to deposition them, then at least if they lie and are found out then whatever consequences there are there are.

Questioning a 15 yr old under deposition is a lot different than kidnapping a 15 yr old, whether she wanted to go or not, especially since the only reason she would have wanted to go was because he was a person she thought she could trust because of the position he was in. IMO

I'm guessing you have no children, at least no daughters?

registers always have cameras. For customer ID as well as 'monitoring' employees.

I think they have video of them in the store as well as at the register as mentioned because of anti-theft steps.. Also the video of lot with the possible car from the lot cameras is still being processed (?)
There are probably a few reasons. Privacy of anyone else in the camera shot. LE does not want the public to know what "other items" where purchased That one makes me shutter a little.. And maybe the video shows ET moving easily in the store and not running away which is not what LE wanst to have appear IMO

For heaven's sake - a deposition isn't some kind of water boarding exercise. It's not torture. It's literally sitting in a conference room with a few lawyers and a court reporter, promising to tell the truth, and answering some questions. It can draw information out of people who know things but "would rather not get involved," or even those who would like to get involved but don't want others to get upset with them for coming forward. It is the end-around to the traditional "no comment." Although I prefer not to involve children in litigation, a deposition isn't going to be any more traumatizing than your teacher kidnapping kidnapping your friend and disappearing from the face of the earth.

What do you mean by "additional steps will be taken?"
Yes.

And as far as the next steps taken, we will start by notifying the police that we are going to increase scrutiny. We will let them know that this should be resolved and continue to voice our opinions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think they have video of them in the store as well as at the register as mentioned because of anti-theft steps.. Also the video of lot with the possible car from the lot cameras is still being processed (?)
There are probably a few reasons. Privacy of anyone else in the camera shot. LE does not want the public to know what "other items" where purchased That one makes me shutter a little.. And maybe the video shows ET moving easily in the store and not running away which is not what LE wanst to have appear IMO

I should have clarified the register cameras are primarily for theft....IDing a customer with a stolen card, an employee bagging stuff that's not paid for, etc. I would think they could block out the faces of bystanders. ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am actually mad about dad wanting to deposition the same young kids of his own daughters age.

Jmo.

Because a deposition would make these young kids feel like co conspirators. Jmo.

Especially since they are young and gullible just like his baby girl. Jmo.

So did dad ever force a deposition upon his own daughters or kids?

I've been through deposition when I was relatively young. It's not hostile at all. It's basically a conversation. This is not going to be anything like TV.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I imagine that these kids potentially being deposed would be much less traumatic for them than if (heaven forbid) TC kills her and those kids could have helped save her life.

My kids would be talking.

Bump

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Know What?

Tad is running from the law with a minor.

So what do these kids know?

So are you saying that these kids aren't telling the truth?

But also believe that KT told them the truth?

While also believing that Tad told her the truth?

So my question is. Why would ET tell the entire plan to 1.

While leaving guessing games for her own siblings?

So do you think that any of her 15 year old friends are covering things up to help KT or Tad.

Btw. Wouldn't the feds Have seen all of the friends and ET communications by now?

So come on.

How many young girls are depositioned when their friend goes missing.

How Many?
Who cares how many. Obviously there's reason to believe several people are holding back. They aren't getting water-boarded. They are going to answer questions, hopefully. If nothing comes of it, fine. But someone could have that one clue that IMO, saves her life and puts a dangerous predator off the streets. I don't understand the problem here.

People with narcissistic personalities such as TC tend to be extremely charming. They have two completely different sides to them - the one they show everyone else, and the one they show to those they abuse/'love'. He is probably (and has been) mentally/emotionally abusing ET without her even realizing it. Especially since her mother's abuse was physical and his abuse doesn't leave (physical) scars. She probably doesn't even know how to put her finger on why she was concerned about seeing him at work or leaving with him. Narcissists are very very clever in tearing down what ever amount of self esteem their victim has. He probably has her convinced he is the only one who understands her pain. Her schoolmates (and other teachers ?) shunned/bullied her regarding their relationship/kiss/his being fired, how perfect for him to 'be on her side' and tell her he doesn't blame her.

He probably shows a completely different facade to the other teachers and students and that is one of a great guy, affable, likable, charming, supportive, etc. Probably why people were upset with her and supportive of him. Narcissists are very dangerous, very cunning, have absolutely no empathy, and are completely and solely out for themselves only. I'm betting JC is thrilled he is gone. Their kids probably are too. Although I'm guessing they're sorry for ET getting tangled in his web. They know what she is (or very soon will be) going through with him.

Narcissists are nasty in their home life. Very negative, very pissy, and are only out to make themselves look good to the outside world. Their victims become very focused trying to keep him calm and nice, dreading an outburst and trying to keep the peace. For a narcissist, it's all about the facade they put out there to look as if they are better than everyone else. Look at his 'lifetime achievements': millionaire, CIA, etc. He is probably lieing and telling people (if they meet others along the way) that she is 18 and isn't he the stud (butt-ugly) 50 year old that can get a beautiful '18' year old. Maybe they even got her a fake id (I know many college freshman get these very easily on many campuses, sadly). I know she is only 15 and looks young, but at my age (50s) anyone under 30 looks like a baby to me, especially 18 year olds. I would have trouble telling the difference between a 15 year old and an 18 year old.

The saddest thing about narcissists, is that so many others think they are great people, high achievers, when in actuality, they are miserable trying to take those they 'love' down to their level of misery. Fortunately, most people never experience having a narcissist in their life - they will never comprehend just how bad life is with one and I hope ET isn't experiencing this side of him (it usually takes a while for a narc to let his real self out and show the ugly).

I pray every night that LE finds these two and saves ET from TC's disgusting grip.

I've been through a deposition and it is torture IMO LOL. I think people do need to have their stories straight of what they knew and when. This is a civil proceeding but don't ignore there are possible criminal implications. .
Finally I can't get the contradictory argument that those that say the "minors" being deposed are somehow being mistreated yet accept that a minor 15 could decide/intend to leave willfully with 50 yo fugitive and that would be ok? The two positions are contradictory.
It smacks of the same logic of the supporters of OJ Simpson when he was trying to run

One of the things I didn't get enough information on to understand was about TC going uninvited to ET's home. It sounded like it happened quite a bit. I would like to know more about this and why he wasn't told to leave by the father at that time.
I would assume, and I think I read that he was not present at those times.

in reply to Irishboy's post above (since I forgot to select the 'reply with quote' tab) "I've been through a deposition and it is torture IMO LOL. I think people do need to have their stories straight of what they knew and when. This is a civil proceeding but don't ignore there are possible criminal implications. .
Finally I can't get the contradictory argument that those that say the "minors" being deposed are somehow being mistreated yet accept that a minor 15 could decide/intend to leave willfully with 50 yo fugitive and that would be ok? The two positions are contradictory.
It smacks of the same logic of the supporters of OJ Simpson when he was trying to run
"

Thankfully, I've never been through a deposition, but I believe if I were to be deposed, just the thought of legal action or perjury consequences would scare the daylights out of me enough to tell every single teeny detail I knew. Hopefully, just being such a legal and serious setting would make any 15 year old be honest and spill anything they know. (if there are any 15 year olds on that list)

Please people.

Can you tell me how many 15 year olds were legally depositioned during a case where a teacher ran off with a underage student?

So why should my kids have to answer questions in a deposition to help find your daughter.

While its obvious that she was kidnapped by someone like a teacher that lied to her while taking her?

So imo. Maybe they should deposition his friends for possible whereabouts. Jmo
We do NOT know who is being deposed. Unless I missed something.

Her dad wants to deposition her 15 year old friends as adults to see if they are lying. ...

Do you have a link?

I haven't read any court order that compels witness's to talk. Maybe I've missed it.

A subpoena is a court. Witnesses can be held in contempt if they don't answer unless they file a motion for a protective order.

Lol. Ya say ET was kidnapped.

But want to legally deposition her 15 year old friends as if they are lying about the kidnapping that took place. Lol

So you say Tad is deviant.

But now you say the friends know more from ETs words.

So what is it

Because how would her friends know Tads plans if this was a kidnapping that ET wasn't apart of while being surprised of the change of Tads plans?

Jmo.

I keep getting these whiffs of, "yeah she's a victim but is she really a victim?"

Yeah. She's really and truly a victim. And if they left the state, it's kidnapping. If you coerce a child into crossing state lines in order to rape her, that's kidnapping even if she skips cheerfully into your van. Even if she helps you "plan" her disappearance.

Its also kidnapping under TN law if you hold a child or anybody for even second against their will by force or threats. That includes telling a kid they have to go off with you or they will be in trouble. And IIRC, in TN it's kidnapping if you convince them to go by fraud as well.

Furthermore, based on statements in the petition and elsewhere this kid may definitely have said something out of fear. She may have dropped hints to her peers or other adults in order to protect herself. She may not have known she was going to be taken away but dropped hints about things that are relevant that she was unaware are relevant:

"Did ET ever talk to you about travel?" "Actually yes. She kept telling me Mr. Cummings promised to take her to Acapulco with his kids and grandkids, if she was really good, for a vacation."

"Did ET ever tell you anything that you thought was strange in relation to Mr. Cummings?" "Yes. She told me they had this secret way of sending messages to each other on Instagram. She thought she was an equal with him and that anyone who bullied her would face his wrath because they were friends. She said they used a special code to transmit message. I told her it was creepy. She said that sometimes it made her feel weird but she was happy that no one could bother her at school because she had TC on her side."

In any event, being coerced or molested by a 50 year old is not comparable to being deposed.

Imo.

Her dad wants 10 million from the school district.

Jmo.

Because he seems to make a lot of litigation comments to the press.

Or at least his lawyer does.

Jmo for now.

This post seems to infer something quite terrible about the father. Maybe he just wants his 15 year old daughter back alive?

So it is OK with you that IF her friends have info and God forbid something happens to ET that said friends will certainly carry guilt around for the rest of their lives? As opposed to a little temporary guilt of "ratting" their friend out and her getting home safe? It's really everyone's civic and moral duty no matter what age they are to help their fellow human being.

I'm not sure all of the potentially deposed kids are friends of Elizabeth. It may be possible that they are some of the kids that Tad Cummins was blustering at lunch with.

I don't believe the father is pursuing legal recourse to sue the school for his own gain. I believe he is doing it because he and his attorney want to send a clear message that what happened is not acceptable. When Elizabeth returns home, she will need a lot of counseling and rehabilitation. That is costly. She deserves to got to a different school and on to college, if that ends up being private then that too can be expensive. A lawsuit against the school that played a significant part in causing damage to Elizabeth will help pay for her rehabilitation.

A lawsuit is necessary because the school won't voluntarily pay for the damages. They have barely admitted wrongdoing, but they're waking up now that there is a lawsuit. It's pathetic it takes that for them to start taking this seriously.

As for him making comments to the press, I would do that too if I was in his place. I would do everything possible to keep the case in front of the media. IMO he is acting like a heartbroken and worried father. JMO.

Me too.
And if it were my daughter, you can bet I would sue the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm