Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this might have been posted but I didn't see it. explains everything (IMO) about the judge's ruling. looks like whatley's motion was incomplete (not to his fault, just technicalities)

COLUMBIA, Tenn. (WZTV) — A courthouse hearing for missing AMBER Alert subject Elizabeth Thomas has been rescheduled for May 1.

The Thomas family was in Maury County Chancery Court Monday morning filing a “Rule 27,” which is an effort to have those who might have information in the case to come forward and give testimony on the record.

Judge Parks found three issues with the filing. Parks said that this hearing must “not be used for discovery, this is to perpetuate.” Thomas’ attorney said the family finds this hearing necessary because one witness has become “unwilling to assist” and another has been “inconsistent.” The reason for the hearing for Rule 27, which is filed on behalf of Elizabeth due to the fact that she’s a minor, is to get witness testimony on the record, which could later be used in a trial.

<modsnip>

http://fox17.com/news/local/judge-c...ce-in-tn-amber-alert-case-of-elizabeth-thomas

this might have been posted but I didn't see it. explains everything (IMO) about the judge's ruling. looks like whatley's motion was incomplete (not to his fault, just technicalities)

COLUMBIA, Tenn. (WZTV) — A courthouse hearing for missing AMBER Alert subject Elizabeth Thomas has been rescheduled for May 1.

The Thomas family was in Maury County Chancery Court Monday morning filing a “Rule 27,” which is an effort to have those who might have information in the case to come forward and give testimony on the record.

Judge Parks found three issues with the filing. Parks said that this hearing must “not be used for discovery, this is to perpetuate.” Thomas’ attorney said the family finds this hearing necessary because one witness has become “unwilling to assist” and another has been “inconsistent.” The reason for the hearing for Rule 27, which is filed on behalf of Elizabeth due to the fact that she’s a minor, is to get witness testimony on the record, which could later be used in a trial.

<modsnip>

http://fox17.com/news/local/judge-c...ce-in-tn-amber-alert-case-of-elizabeth-thomas

This result is about what I expected and quite a few people here spotted there would probably be an issue without names.

IMO if I was the father I probably would list the key people that I am thinking he already may know the names of a couple key people.

Great observation! I think the church would be one of the places that someone like Tad Cummins, narcissist, would gravitate to because of the culture of acceptance and trust. When he becomes one of them, they project their values and morals onto him. So like the wife in your post, the church was a group that came ready-made to con and manipulate as well, just like the students at school. They want to believe what he tells them because that is the culture. Even in the face of contrary information, they fall back on how they deal with a normal person and that is to forgive and hope for the best. With the narcissist there is no getting better and forgiving only means another round of manipulation and disappointment.

IMO wherever Tad Cummins is, one thing is sure, he is lying and manipulating, and putting himself first, because that is how he survives. I believe Tad Cummins' walk through life thus far has been a series of skillbuilding con jobs. Going forward, this is something to keep in mind as LE tracks him down. I'd be looking at those ready-made sources that an emotional vampire would be attracted to.

Very true. I heard it said up thread that the school is also a 'great' place to con. Who woulda thought?
That key word you used is Con. They really are con artists. Lucky me (sarcasm) I dated one. Didn't know what happened til it was over. Very long story for a short relationship. It was about money...not love, though he pulled out the Super In Love Card. The next woman's family knew he was a con, but her neediness blinded her, and she took off with him to FLA. (We're seniors, though).
He also played the Christian card, but I never saw ANYTHING spiritual going on there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cummins has been charged with aggravated kidnapping and the only way to serve him legally with notice of a petition against him would be through publication for 20 days in a local newspaper - will have to wait until May 1 for another review. By then, Cummins will have been notified legally about the matter, even though he is not Whatley&#8217;s [AT's attorney] primary target for testimony. "This is a pre-lawsuit mechanism by which to start taking depositions. The court gave us as much relief as it could by appointing an attorney for Tad Cummins and resetting this for further arguments.&#8221;

Cummins&#8217; wife, Jill, filed for divorce in a similar legal maneuver last week.

Columbia criminal and civil attorney John C. Colley was appointed as Cummins&#8217; legal counsel for the petition. It was unclear who would pay Colley for his services. &#8220;That&#8217;s not for any lawsuits that might be coming down the pike,&#8221; Whatley said. &#8220;The attorney is only for this action. I want to be very clear about that.&#8221;

Thomas&#8217; family wants background information about Cummins from students, teachers and staff at Culleoka and feels stonewalled in the aggravated kidnapping case. Witnesses, who&#8217;ve already been interviewed by the TBI, FBI and MCSD, feel reluctant to testify to a private attorney. They&#8217;ve been hostile in some cases, Whatley said in his petition.

Whatley has not filed a lawsuit against Cummins or Maury County Public Schools, saying he&#8217;s waiting until law enforcement determines the exact nature of the Cummins-Thomas relationship.

At a minimum, Whatley said he wants to depose superintendent Dr. Chris Marczak and Maury County Schools Chief of Staff Amanda Hargrove.
&#8220;We been told about events that happened before Jan. 23, back into the fall semester. With each week and month that goes by, we have a limited amount of time to get these statements before summer.&#8221;

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...g-witnesses-before-suspect-missing-teen-found

bbm

Very true. I heard it said up thread that the school is also a 'great' place to con. Who woulda thought?
That key word you used is Con. They really are con artists. Lucky me (sarcasm) I dated one. Didn't know what happened til it was over. Very long story for a short relationship. It was about money...not love, though he pulled out the Super In Love Card. The next woman's family knew he was a con, but her neediness blinded her, and she took off with him to FLA. (We're seniors, though).
He also played the Christian card, but I never saw ANYTHING spiritual going on there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear you ran into one but so glad you escaped.
You can probably be thankful you escaped without any more damage than what already occurred which sounds like a financial hit.

Others get damaged in other terrible ways by these sort of people.
It always amazes me how cruel and not caring the cons can be. The selfishness the cons have is all about themselves and they dont care about what happens to the people they victimize. They dont care about their feelings or how dire they put their victims in.

Taking a look at Cummins wife situation for example. Many years with that man and she likely thought they would be buried together and now look where she is at. Dumped alone with a standard vehicle that she probably could not even drive.

Did TC care much about how he left his wife in such dire situation. Absolutely not. TC only cared about himself. Which means he doesnt care much about ET either. He pretends to but really he is using her. When he gets tired of her at some point I fear he will dump her just like he dumped his wife. I just hope he doesnt do even worse.

We need to find her for her own safety sake. She does not yet realize the real danger she is in. Its so sad.

I agree hatfield. how can they not already have a list?

- the inconsistent person
- the unwilling to cooperate person
- the two above named school officials (super and chief of staff)
- the driver to shoney's (if that's not one of the above named people)
- employees of shoney's who are also uncooperative
- employees of chick-fil-A
- employees of the gas station
- JC
- any of her friends or Instagram followers

heck we sleuthers could get names right off of social media and give a list to the judge of at least two dozen people to subpoena witness statements. what's bothersome is the number of those on this list who refuse to participate (i.e. shoney's). what gives? why is there so much reluctance in this community to help?

Kat, what is the church like that TC attends? And any idea on any types of things TC likes to do? Does he hunt? Fish? Golf? Bowl? Special foods he likes? Does he smoke? LE said he watched survivalist shows, any idea on what those shows were? Were they like living in alaska kind of things or more informational about how to live off the grid?

I agree hatfield. how can they not already have a list?

- the inconsistent person
- the unwilling to cooperate person
- the two above named school officials (super and chief of staff)
- the driver to shoney's (if that's not one of the above named people)
- employees of shoney's who are also uncooperative
- employees of chick-fil-A
- employees of the gas station
- JC
- any of her friends or Instagram followers

heck we sleuthers could get names right off of social media and give a list to the judge of at least two dozen people to subpoena witness statements. what's bothersome is the number of those on this list who refuse to participate (i.e. shoney's). what gives? why is there so much reluctance in this community to help?

If you look at TC's fb page it's pretty self explanatory. He's friends with all those people.

oh wow mom24 I didn't know that. but still, at least half those people must realize this situation is wrong on so many levels. :banghead:

At a minimum, Whatley said he wants to depose superintendent Dr. Chris Marczak and Maury County Schools Chief of Staff Amanda Hargrove.
“We been told about events that happened before Jan. 23, back into the fall semester. With each week and month that goes by, we have a limited amount of time to get these statements before summer.”

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...g-witnesses-before-suspect-missing-teen-found

bbm

SBM regarding the bolded part of your quote, even ET's mother mentioned seeing them together late last year (although I may call bs on her wanting to intervene due to the abuse allegations): 'Thomas told WHNT that she saw her daughter with Cummins over Christmas break. The mom of ten said she wanted to intervene but has a court order saying she's not allowed to be in contact with any of her children.'

http://ijr.com/2017/03/832059-teen-...tranged-mom-and-homeschooled-until-this-year/

I also feel so bad for ET's siblings. I would think with all they went through while living with their mother and finally making it to safety with their dad, they must have a very special bond/connection to each other and must miss her terribly. I really pray that when I check in here later today or tomorrow (my son is coming in town :) tonight) that I will read that ET is found and safe!

SBM regarding the bolded part of your quote, even ET's mother mentioned seeing them together late last year (although I may call bs on her wanting to intervene due to the abuse allegations): 'Thomas told WHNT that she saw her daughter with Cummins over Christmas break. The mom of ten said she wanted to intervene but has a court order saying she's not allowed to be in contact with any of her children.'

http://ijr.com/2017/03/832059-teen-...tranged-mom-and-homeschooled-until-this-year/
I take this with a grain of salt. 'oh, poor mom. She saw it going on but wasn't allowed to do anything'. I have no compassion for people like her.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I had a friend that loved to boondock and he told me that there were people online that advertised their land for boondockers. That you just had to google "boondocking in (insert area)" and you could find people who would allow you to camp out. So going on that I decided to google "boondocking in OK" as a test and I came across this site:

https://www.boondockerswelcome.com

Could he be setting up, or have set up in advance areas to camp off grid, especially in places that haven't had much MSM coverage? Some of these people even have a way for them to wash up, plug in to electricity, have a shower etc.
Maybe not this site exactly but something similar. JMO

question, does anyone know the other nicknames that tc and et used, et, had catman & babygirl2001, there is also a mention of izzy?? , tc used his name, and his wife, (wife has removed Tc from that) also any other social media platforms other then twitter and Instagram? thx.

oh wow mom24 I didn't know that. but still, at least half those people must realize this situation is wrong on so many levels. :banghead:

Looks like the FB is down again. But when I read through the friends list I was surprised to see the owner of Shoney's and several workers on his friends list as well as the owner and workers at Chick Fil A. Seems a quite chummy group. TC also had friends at the Maury County Sheriffs office as well as a Judge, which might explain why people are a bit hostile when questioned by ET's family attorney.

question, does anyone know the other nicknames that tc and et used, et, had catman & babygirl2001, there is also a mention of izzy?? , tc used his name, and his wife, (wife has removed Tc from that) also any other social media platforms other then twitter and Instagram? thx.

Seems that TC called ET "Beth". He posted something about help in finding her dog and he referred to her as "Beth". ET had a snapchat, can't remember the name it was buttefly-something. I'm wondering what TC's snapchat was, I'm sure he had one.

Looks like the FB is down again. But when I read through the friends list I was surprised to see the owner of Shoney's and several workers on his friends list as well as the owner and workers at Chick Fil A. Seems a quite chummy group. TC also had friends at the Maury County Sheriffs office as well as a Judge, which might explain why people are a bit hostile when questioned by ET's family attorney.

The LE angle of friends has me concerned how thorough of a job was originally done when they first disappeared.

Interesting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members