Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he took your car and didn't come back?

No if I trusted my husband and he was my best friend and left me a note that didn't mention that he'd run off with a teen and he didn't mention suicide, basically saying hun I need time off, no I would not report him missing for just taking one of our cars.

If I'm correct she reported him missing early afternoon he'd been gone all of a few hours.

We don't have his/her cars we have our cars even though we each have a specific one we drive the most.

ETA - Something in the note caused her to report him missing.

Especially since we know TE took a bathing suit. There is more info in that clue than most people believe.

TE had to believe she was going to go swimming somewhere.

Question: How odd was it for her to take her sisters bathing suit? Did she do it all the time? Or was this the first time she took clothes from her sister?
I have never believed they went to some warm beach. I think those were ideas Tad put into her head. Lies.

And females borrow each other's stuff all the time. One of my friends is in Bali right now with a bathing suit and a couple of my dresses. We're late 20s/early 30s.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think he only left on the computer what he -wanted- them to find. I've been thinking all along that he was still using the Rouge, probably with stolen plates and possibly painted or wrapped a different color. Increasingly, I'm wondering if the Rogue is actually stashed somewhere, and he either had another vehicle waiting or else he's got help. ET told her friend that they were supposed to have help but it fell through and they were headed west - maybe the "heading west" was intentionally put out there (in addition to making sure they were seen in OKC) just to make it look as if they were, but they actually have totally different plans.

As to beaches and the swimsuit... keep in mind that hotels and many private residences have pools. They might not be swimming in the ocean.

Interesting that you said "wrapped". My husband is an auto body painter. It costs about $1,500 to paint an entire car and takes some time. I asked him about wrapping a car. He says it is a couple of hundred dollars and you can take it off and put it back on whenever you want.

May be just me. but the appearance by the Cummings family on GMA seemed to be only to try and get to Tad. There was nothing new, just that Tad is such a great guy, wonderful husband. father, etc. Nothing but praise again for someone obviously is quite the opposite according to info previously discussed from others that have come forward. No mention of ET or concern for her. No mention of Tad's bp problem. A very controlled interview. JC works st the school. hoe would everyone else there be previously aware of the ET/TC situation, but she had no idea...I don't buy it. This is a podunk town where everyone knows everything about everybody. Sorry for the rant.
Kat, my sincere condolences to you and your family. Praying for you and your family to have a happy resolution to this nightmare. Tell your dad and family keep your heads held high and stay strong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No if I trusted my husband and he was my best friend and left me a note that didn't mention that he'd run off with a teen and he didn't mention suicide, basically saying hun I need time off, no I would not report him missing for just taking one of our cars.

If I'm correct she reported him missing early afternoon he'd been gone all of a few hours.

We don't have his/her cars we have our cars even though we each have a specific one we drive the most.

ETA - Something in the note caused her to report him missing.

Jill can only drive a car with an automatic transmission. Their Rogue is an automatic. Their Jeep is a manual. He left on a Monday that was not a school day, basically leaving Jill with no car to drive to work on Tuesday. I don't recall if we've heard when she found the note. But I for sure would have reported him missing after finding the only car I can drive gone, knowing that I have to go to work somehow the following day. For all she knew at the time, he could have been in a horrible car accident.

BBM

Yes. You are. Please stop. We know nothing about his relationship with his child. Nothing. Maybe he was doing all he knew to do. He is not you.

We turned over all phone records. They did NOT request her phone

Thats why I try not to blame him. I give him the benefit of the doubt, since he does have other daughters, that he did the best he could.

I, on the other hand, would have probably went all nuclear...and pushed the envelope a bit far to secure and protect my daughter. This would probably have included some isolated counseling, especially if she tried to protect TC or justify his actions.

One of my kids was a victim of a predatory internet crime. She flat out refused counseling, she has always been stoic and knows that it is still available to her. She said she wouldn't talk about and I know her, she wouldn't say a word if we'd forced it on her. I hope she'll try one day but she still wants nothing to do with it. She thought she'd been corresponding with same aged boys (from a friend's house) until the FBI showed up here a year later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May be just me. but the appearance by the Cummings family on GMA seemed to be only to try and get to Tad. There was nothing new, just that Tad is such a great guy, wonderful husband. father, etc. Nothing but praise again for someone obviously is quite the opposite according to info previously discussed from others that have come forward. No mention of ET or concern for her. No mention of Tad's bp problem. A very controlled interview. JC works st the school. hoe would everyone else there be previously aware of the ET/TC situation, but she had no idea...I don't buy it. This is a podunk town where everyone knows everything about everybody. Sorry for the rant.
Kat, my sincere condolences to you and your family. Praying for you and your family to have a happy resolution to this nightmare. Tell your dad and family keep your heads held high and stay strong.

There was definitely something new, posted a couple of pages back. IMHO, something important: He was not much of a camper and did not take the camping equipment they had with him.

Jill can only drive a car with an automatic transmission. Their Rogue is an automatic. Their Jeep is a manual. He left on a Monday that was not a school day, basically leaving Jill with no car to drive to work on Tuesday. I don't recall if we've heard when she found the note. But I for sure would have reported him missing after finding the only car I can drive gone, knowing that I have to go to work somehow the following day. For all she knew at the time, he could have been in a horrible car accident.

She found the note on the day he left and reported him missing early afternoon. She may have been mad about him taking her car but something in the note alerted her.

If the note was "hey taking a few days off" I think she would be pissed and call family and complain about him but she said he was her best friend, and she didn't believe anything was amiss. You don't call the cops on your best friend because he took the only car you can drive.

At least this is my opinion. I'd never call the cops on my husband because he took "our" car for "time away". I'd only call if something in that note alarmed me. BUT that is just me.

She found the note on the day he left and reported him missing early afternoon. She may have been mad about him taking her car but something in the note alerted her.

If the note was "hey taking a few days off" I think she would be pissed and call family and complain about him but she said he was her best friend, and she didn't believe anything was amiss. You don't call the cops on your best friend because he took the only car you can drive.

At least this is my opinion. I'd never call the cops on my husband because he took "our" car for "time away". I'd only call if something in that note alarmed me. BUT that is just me.

Really? Because if my husband or anyone else took my car and didn't bring it back, particularly if I had no other means of transportation, I would absolutely call the cops. :cow:

We turned over all phone records. They did NOT request her phone
Kat, I know you have said you are an open book and you have been so gracious with your time and input. For me as an outsider this seems like such a personal invasion of your life. Thanks for understanding just how much everyone wants so desperately to get ET home. Just wanted to apologize for my own actions to you in case I've ever overstepped my bounds.

One of my kids was a victim of a predatory internet crime. She flat out refused counseling, she has always been stoic and knows that it is still available to her. She said she wouldn't talk about and I know her, she wouldn't say a word if we'd forced it on her. I hope she'll try one day but she still wants nothing to do with it. She thought she'd been corresponding with same aged boys (from a friend's house) until the FBI showed up here a year later.

Keeleydoll,

You know your child better than anyone here, that's for certain. You know what she can and simply cannot, tolerate, I'm sure.

What we can surmise about ET is that she was harassed at school, Mind fck'd and confused, by TC, and she seemed very fragile and depressed. Taking everything of value to her away, hard-line punishments, hardly seems prudent in this case. (as has been suggested might be *helpful* in other posts), might very well have been too much for her to deal with... Her family must have been very concerned about her, and trying to find solutions to a really delicate, fragile child in a volatile situation. Their unique child. Their call. No one has the right to judge. ( just agreeing with you here, not you that is being all judgmental!).

Really? Because if my husband or anyone else took my car and didn't bring it back, particularly if I had no other means of transportation, I would absolutely call the cops. :cow:

I can't image the cops could/would do anything if you were just calling about him taking "his" car unless there was something more. His name was clearly on the title if he took out 4500 loan on it I would think.

Kat, I know you have said you are an open book and you have been so gracious with your time and input. For me as an outsider this seems like such a personal invasion of your life. Thanks for understanding just how much everyone wants so desperately to get ET home. Just wanted to apologize for my own actions to you in case I've ever overstepped my bounds.

I'm willing to do anything to bring her home

It should not have been needed. TC was helped from within the admin. He should have been out of there the minute anything was alleged IMO. Now, who all knew and wanted to protect their little world of gold?

You can sugar coat it, delete any mention of it but we all know it exists, and has a lot to do with resolving this case.

Amen, Brother Ben!
(Shot the Rooster, Killed the Hen... :))

That administration failed this child.

I'm willing to do anything to bring her home

Bless your heart. <3 What a fine, loving sister you are. I'll bet she misses you. A lot. That alone may bring her home eventually.
~Keeping the faith here in Boston. (and an eye out, you never know).

Not blaming ET's dad, but as a father of a teenage daughter my self, I can say with absolute certainty that the phone would have been removed from my daughters possession (and most likely reviewed with the police and my lawyer ASAP), her ability to see the teacher in the school would have been terminated (even if that means I took her out of school), and her ability to go anywhere without me knowing it would have been 0, and that includes work (she does not NEED to work).

Her dad did NOT do these things. For her dad to not get the phone to the police was just...naive and sad.

It's a blessing to speculate how you'd walk in someone's shoes without actually having to walk in their shoes. But also a slippery slope that does lead to unnecessary blaming. I feel for her father, and the family.

I, too, would take my child's phone. Would it make a difference though? The guy would probably throw pebbles at her window in the middle of the night, get her a secret phone, or go to other great lengths to reach her.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IMHO

They are not camping. TC rented a house or apartment in a medium-sized city, using cash or a prepaid card. He easily had enough money for 3-4 months rent if he chose an affordable city. He parked the Rogue in a garage, or backed it into a carport space so the license plate does not show. He's driving as little as possible. They are close to a grocery store and possibly restaurants and shops. They have altered their appearances again.

OR

He has a relative or an old friend who is sympathetic enough to let them stay at his place or at a rental property he owns.

OR

They are not in town, but in a cabin not far from a town. The Rogue is there, but hidden, and he bought an old, cheap car to drive into town when they need food.

:cow:

Bless your heart. <3 What a fine, loving sister you are. I'll bet she misses you. A lot. That alone may bring her home eventually.
~Keeping the faith here in Boston. (and an eye out, you never know).

Seconding that, and I will do the same in the Los Angeles area. The weather out here has been predominantly sunny and in the 60's; I think we're over our rainy season for this year.

Thinking more about this - I live within two miles of the beach. There sadly are many homeless people living out here. It's possible they are living out of his car.

When I take my daily walk, I go past a bridge. There are definitely homeless people living under it. This bridge is close to several grocery stores, as well as shops and restaurants.

TC may be telling ET that "living out of my car" or "living under the stars" may be part of their great adventure together. Again, it would be a short jaunt to the beach from where the homeless are living.

I'll definitely keep my eyes open when walking.

I wish I could do this for my husband. I'm a (mild) prepper type person and I would love to even have just ONE month of extra meds.

I'm in CT and I can get a 90 day prescription filled at CVS or mail order via Caremark.
Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members