Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny to me how a lot of ppl just assume you have to have a background check and ID to do just about anything.. I haven't owned a credit card in 4 years (i am not even banked) and I didn't renew my license in 2012. I've gotten by just fine with no ID, no driver's lic., no passport, nobank account and no credit cards. It's aggrivating, but it's not hard, certainly not impossible. I've travelled in the U.S., boarded buses, stayed in hotels with no problems. Now flying. .not gonna happen lol I think rentals, cabins, off-grid societies and bunkers. Homelessness is easy to get lost in; but I have a hard time picturing him "sucking it up"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"I'm sorry". Hmmm. That's interesting...
If he had this uh...idea, of running off with a minor, (ET or one of his other targets), for as long as it seems he might have, than I find it odd that he would write that.

Was he able to feel some shred of sympathy for his wife? Not enough empathy to keep him from following through on his crime, but It would suggest that he knew what he was doing was wrong, not the knight saving the damsel that has been suggested...

Yet he did put considerable planning into this, and his instagarm was a real slap in her face... I find it hard to believe he feels sorry. Why bother with that note?

I originally thought he sounded like he had undiagnosed manic depression. That note would be right in keeping with BPD. imo (Not diagnosing, just something that keeps occurring to me as read about his very strange behavior.)
Interesting but jc said they didnt have problems, and with bpd you have mega problems. Just guessing tho

Unless the card has your name printed on it, and a security code on the back, it will not work online. That's why when you order online it asks you for the security code, and for your name exactly as printed on the card.

Identity theft is a possibility, but I'm not sure it would work for TC. Most ID theft is a short term solution. Eventually the victim of identity theft, finds out and reports it. Then investigators can track down the perpetrator, pretty easy.

i've used visa gift cards(no name printed) and amex gift cards online (walmart/amazon/barnes and noble) with no issue at all.

Hey off topic- but if anyone is watching April the giraffe, baby is coming right now! 7:35 EST. Hoof out!

I am curious. Today i visited the airbnb site. You can basically couch surf, rent rooms out of someone's house or rent an entire house. Would someone with their own room to rent like on this airbnb, rent on a cash basis? Or prepaid visa? TC could use any name he wanted. They could be swallowed up in miami beach and nobody would notice.

I have rented through AirBnB approx. 10-12 times. If you want to avoid fees through the system on AirBnB or Vrbo, etc., you can often just email the owner and make an arrangement. Owners often list their properties in multiple places--on rentals sites and classifieds etc. Many prefer cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't see them renting a place it's too easy for them to get caught by doing background check, maybe references and or credit checks. Remember he's facing prison time. I think he's going to be more careful possibly a very good friend he trusts thats giving them shelter unless they are in Mexico or another country roughing it in the outback or they could be traveling around the US or even another country sleeping in that Rogue. He did search for a mattress online. Getting that car wrapped could have easily been done for cash to some guy who needed the money which Is much cheaper and quicker than a paint job and if done right it looks good.

Hmmm. AirBnB owners have never done a background or credit check on me. I have used them a dozen times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless the card has your name printed on it, and a security code on the back, it will not work online. That's why when you order online it asks you for the security code, and for your name exactly as printed on the card.

Identity theft is a possibility, but I'm not sure it would work for TC. Most ID theft is a short term solution. Eventually the victim of identity theft, finds out and reports it. Then investigators can track down the perpetrator, pretty easy.

You can use prepaid cards to make purchases online. I've done it before.

I use pre-paid cards for all my online shopping. I buy them, load whatever amount (Up to $500), at checkout, register the card online the same day, and use it for anything. ( For some sites, you don't even have to register the card, I can also just link them to my PayPal as bank cards and use no problem). Doesn't have my name on it, I could put any name to register. They are visa, or master card and anyone can easily buy and use them.

It's really not as hard to *disappear* and manage the day to day, as some think.

I've done it as a minor, alone, and it's pretty easy if you know the scene, and have a good grasp of how things really work VS what most are generally taught you need to survive.

Interesting but jc said they didnt have problems, and with bpd you have mega problems. Just guessing tho

Actually with Bipolar, there is quite a wide variation in severity. I know people who went undiagnosed till they were into their 50's. They had problems, for sure but never got treatment because they never had a huge crisis, until...they did.

I wish the TBI/FBI would ramp up the manpower and resources at this stage. Tough, I know, because LE doesn't know where on the continent TC is hiding the two of them. However, if the victim was say, ten and not fifteen, I think a larger, more comprehensive manhunt would have been in place already even with the limited clues available.

Upping the manhunt and also upping TBI's $1000 reward would also have the trickle-down effect of convincing the public that ET is in imminent danger at the hands of her kidnapper and consequently more members of the public would be on the lookout IMO.

It is funny to me how a lot of ppl just assume you have to have a background check and ID to do just about anything.. I haven't owned a credit card in 4 years (i am not even banked) and I didn't renew my license in 2012. I've gotten by just fine with no ID, no driver's lic., no passport, nobank account and no credit cards. It's aggrivating, but it's not hard, certainly not impossible. I've travelled in the U.S., boarded buses, stayed in hotels with no problems. Now flying. .not gonna happen lol I think rentals, cabins, off-grid societies and bunkers. Homelessness is easy to get lost in; but I have a hard time picturing him "sucking it up"

JMO
Thats pretty amazing to me and good for you if thats the way you like things.

I seem to get asked for a picture ID or credit card wherever i go. I am guessing that TC has had trouble trying to prevent having to produce an ID.

Especially if he tried to rent a vehicle. I know for sure that one place I went to told me I had to have a credit card in order to even rent the car. Im not sure if it was just that one particular rental car agency or not.

I had not flown airlines in some time but I think I had to show a picture ID there too if I recall.

What really irks me the most is when utility companies or any other company asks for the last 4 digits of your social security number.
Whenever that happens you automatically know that it means their database has your SSN as part of the records for your account. Its foolish and causes lots of risk to consumers.

For this case I suspect TC was not able to not have an ID for some things already that he may have slipped up on. Whether it be his medical prescriptions or something I think he had already slipped up.
I still wonder if that is how the Walmart video was found out. I wonder if he tried to fill a prescription that processed against his schools medical benefits.

I do think he has learned from his mistakes and he is getting smarter about not using any IDs for anything. As he begins to run out of money it is going to be harder and harder for him not to have to prove his ID somewhere.

Whether its new employment or renting a place or trying to buy something on credit like a vehicle there is likely going to be something where he is asked to show and prove an ID. I am not sure if he was able to get a good fake ID that would work for him.

Getting really good fake IDs and Passports is the problem he would have had. The more money you spend the better the fake ID. Getting a cheap fake ID is probably not hard but getting a really good one that would work for some of the things mentioned is the problem he would have.

I really do not think he was successful in doing that. It would have taken lots of pre planning and quite a bit of money before he left and I dont think he planned this out as much as others may think. Once the school let him go there was really not too much time before he left.

All JMO of course.

Hi there! I am new and mostly a lurker. Lately, I couldn't add anything useful to what's been already said.

Back on thread 5, when ET's sister joined the group and started adding info, Kat would click "thanks" on posts that caught her attention. We were having a conversation about the note TC left, and Kat said
Originally Posted by MCElizabethsSISTER View Post
There is missing information here that I cannot give. You have half of the info

I then posted
Perhaps the other half is the note TC left his wife said he was taking ET with him when he left.
I'm not asking you to answer ET's sister. I know you can't JMHO
Thank you for all the help you are providing

Kat clicked "thanks" on this comment. Since she doesn't click "thanks" on every comment, I'm left wondering, along with the rest of you, if perhaps we hit pretty close to home?

On thread 5, post 459.

No if I trusted my husband and he was my best friend and left me a note that didn't mention that he'd run off with a teen and he didn't mention suicide, basically saying hun I need time off, no I would not report him missing for just taking one of our cars.

If I'm correct she reported him missing early afternoon he'd been gone all of a few hours.

We don't have his/her cars we have our cars even though we each have a specific one we drive the most.

ETA - Something in the note caused her to report him missing.

I just watched the GMA episode that I recorded yesterday. In it, the reporter said that JC reported him missing after she found the note. So you are right; it was something in the note.

Hi there! I am new and mostly a lurker. Lately, I couldn't add anything useful to what's been already said.

Back on thread 5, when ET's sister joined the group and started adding info, Kat would click "thanks" on posts that caught her attention. We were having a conversation about the note TC left, and Kat said

I then posted

Kat clicked "thanks" on this comment. Since she doesn't click "thanks" on every comment, I'm left wondering, along with the rest of you, if perhaps we hit pretty close to home?

On thread 5, post 459.

Yet, something also "diversionary" was an element in the note. So where might he have said he was taking "Beth"? NOw, perhaps JC's lightbulb was lit. Not even an opinion, just my current thinking.

Yet, something also "diversionary" was an element in the note. So where might he have said he was taking "Beth"? NOw, perhaps JC's lightbulb was lit. Not even an opinion, just my current thinking.

No. It wasn't a suicide note. It has nothing important in it just I'm sorry.

Doesn't sound like there was much of any import in the note. Not sure why are you assuming it said where he was taking ET...or any diversionary info.

Somebody might be helping him without knowing it.

If TC knew someone who had a beach house/hunting cabin/ski lodge that was only seasonally used and is empty at this time of year, TC might have "invited" himself to use it without their knowledge. If he posted various disinformation, it might have been in part to make this owner think that they were going in a different direction, and not consider their property.

I agree. I think they are in a rural Texas/Oklahoma/New Mexico hunting cabin with no internet/cell in the area. The family's TV statement makes me think they expect Tad to watch TV. He lived most of his life without the internet and cell phones, he is fine. His victim isn't. She grew up with the internet being the primary access of information and cell phones being the way to communicate.

Doesn't sound like there was much of any import in the note. Not sure why are you assuming it said where he was taking ET...or any diversionary info.

With the note basically saying that he will be back, that is a diversion to buy time and to lead people astray.

IMOO.

With the note basically saying that he will be back, that is a diversion to buy time and to lead people astray.

IMOO.

Ah. Thank you. I see. Not sure why there was talk about it being a possible suicide note then... I didn't read anything about what was in the note, just going by ET's sisters info. There has been a lot of speculation, and posts about why JT called him missing...If he said he would be back, wouldn't she have waited?

ETA: Ok I just read up on the note, and I see that LE was calling it diversionary sbm:

"Cooper said the note referenced a location where Cummins was supposedly planning to go, which proved not to be true. The note did not mention Thomas."

“It’s obvious that it was a diversion, just a way to try and buy some extra time and give us a false lead of what direction they might be going,” Cooper said."

http://wreg.com/2017/04/13/amber-alert-tad-cummins-left-note-for-wife-may-need-to-refill-medication/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18