Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's two little cabins was one vacant? I'm glad this ended up with no one hurt. If he had been confronted with that loaded gun in his pants could have ended tragically.

"Cummins, a married father and grandfather, researched teen marriage online, specifically the age of consent, just eight days before he allegedly took Elizabeth. Three days before the alleged kidnapping, Cummins did an online search about his car “to determine if certain features could be tracked by law enforcement,” according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation."

*http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/missin...th-thomas-found-teacher-tad/story?id=46913129

MOO

Using his real name and ID at the hotels is not how he got caught. He didn't use his real name at the California cabin and he did get caught.

Poor planning but good luck he gets away. Planning and bad luck he gets caught. JMO

Using his real name did not get him caught but it could have. It got him located in OKC & on the Wal-Mart video. Regardless, it was a dumb move on his part and shows his lack of details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone,

Please remember even if Elizabeth went willingly with Cummins she is still considered a victim since she is not old enough to consent to anything in the adult world.

My point being it does not matter if she went willingly. Cummins will be charged with some pretty hardcore crimes.

Please do not give Cummins any sort of pass on this crime.

Cummins is a manipulator and he broke the law and kidnapped a minor child.

Thank you,
Tricia

I think she will kick him to the curb. That's totally MOO.
:cow:

I hope you're right.

Yes. It's 2017 and everyone can STILL have their own beliefs. Whether you or I agree with them doesn't mean they are wrong.

Our legal system reflects our social mores. As a society we have accepted that our collective morality will not tolerate racism. Which is why miscegenation is legal today. We understand that anti-miscegenation is, simply, wrong.

That small cabin must seem huge to TC now compared to his new concrete home with big metal locked doors, no windows, 1/4,inch mattress. I want him to live a long miserable life all alone in that cell after all the lives he's destroyed. Did he actually think she would be happy living in a situation like that stuck with him hidden away isolated from her family and friends? He's definitely sick in the head.

So glad this has come to an end and Elizabeth is now home with her family.

Reminds me of the Hannah Anderson case. A bystander thought things just didn't look right. I'm not even sure he recognized them from the news. (Had to work and missed out on that part).

He really did not have a well detailed plan. We have all talked and talked about how much he had (or had not) planned. If he had planned well, he would not have used his name & ID @ a hotel!

So very happy ET has been found. Praying for her recovering to begin.

I can't remember anytime in my life, ever staying in a motel, and not being asked to show my ID. That would be hundreds of times, maybe over a thousand times, in everything from major chains to independent motels. With the major chains, such a Super 8, your name and ID# is in their computer after the first stay. It's possible they could have stayed at small independent motels, after the Super 8 stays, and not been tracked, if he paid with cash. In those cases he would have still had to show his ID and register with his real name, but the information would have stayed on the registration card. In those cases, the investigators would have to first uncover where he stayed and then had verified it would the motel owner. More than likely after the first couple of Super 8 stays he realized that he was being tracked, and they switched to staying at independent motels, or they slept in the car.

He only lacked a plan to these who believed they were using fake IDs. I never believed that. Because he simply did not have enough money, or the connections for that. I still believe he had a plan, or he would have been caught a lot quicker. He did even more planning than I thought. I didn't expect him to even have the stolen license plates.

And I still want to know where he was between 3/17 and early this week. That's a full four weeks and they were found at least 4 states away from where they were last spotted.

Were they seen and not caught because they were on the move?
Where did they stay in Colorado, Utah, and Nevada, and who knows where else? Oregon? Idaho? Maybe Kansas?

They would have had to stay in independent motels, or slept in the car. After the second Super 8 stay, he would have realized that the computer system was tracking him.

That's because she had Jose Baez as her lawyer.He gets everyone off.the hook,doesn't matter what crime you commited

The American justice system at it's finest. If you have the money, you can get off of anything. I don't think TC will have that luxury though.

I am way behind on reading so I hope others have not answered this again and again. I have been a rape/sexual abuse counselor and sat in the room with many people who consented to do this exam. Even with full consent, the forensic rape exam is traumatic. It is invasive--vaginally, anally, and/or orally. The full body is scanned. Blood may be drawn to test for presence of drugs. There is a combing for public hairs. They are looking for any and all evidence. If there is bruising, the bruises are measured and/or photographed. The survivor is photographed. Camera with a photo capability takes internal photos of any genital injuries. All clothing is collected and bagged. Plan B may be given. STD medications are given prophylactically. HIV follow-ups would be done. Each of the medications are described with side effects and benefits. This process can take up to four hours.

I have been with survivors who just sob the whole time even though they are consenting. It is really a re-traumatizing even though it is a necessary process.

They may actually sedate a younger child to avoid further re-tauma.

The nurses and doctors I have worked with have always been kind, gentle, and professional but this is a devastating process for them as well.

My understanding is that she would need to consent. Even if her family consented and she refused, she might not have one done.
My daughter was the victim of a date rape when she was sixteen years old and after LE was contacted this is exactly what we experienced. I can say that even though it was very difficult emotionally, every single person (LEO, forensic nurses, counselors) that was involved was over the top professional, supportive, and compassionate. You could see the care in their eyes and hear the concern in their voices. Everyone involved was female and they went to great lengths to make sure my daughter felt as comfortable as possible throughout the entire process. They brought in two separate counselors, one for her and one for me. My daughter also received free counseling because she was the victim of a crime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Looking at the map of where Guymon, OK is, it is way off course coming from OKC to get to California. Seems like maybe they took some back roads. IMO

The back roads is the only way they could have traveled, and not been spotted. On the back roads Guymon, OK is on a straight line from OKC to Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Northern California.

Using his real name did not get him caught but it could have. It got him located in OKC & on the Wal-Mart video. Regardless, it was a dumb move on his part and shows his lack of details.

At that point the case hadn't gotten that much attention yet. I think OKC is the point where they went underground, and started hiding. Where they ever located after OKC, before being finally caught?

The back roads is the only way they could have traveled, and not been spotted. On the back roads Guymon, OK is on a straight line from OKC to Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Northern California.

Reportedly, they had been in Berkeley before they wound up in Cecilville. Seems like they would have looked a bit out of place in a college town, plus, he has a Tennessee accent. The car must have been on a highway near there, but probably with the stolen plates. JMO

Reportedly, they had been in Berkeley before they wound up in Cecilville. Seems like they would have looked a bit out of place in a college town, plus, he has a Tennessee accent. The car must have been on a highway near there, but probably with the stolen plates. JMO

I wonder if the guy who called 911 wasn't suspicious when TC claimed they were from Colorado? He was a Nashville native, and though ET managed to avoid it, most of us do have a distinct "twang," so chances are TC did too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members