Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family posted to send cards to welcome ET home to:
P. O. Box 731
Columbia, TN 38402

Something we all can individually do is to send her a card so she can see how many around the world cared and were worried about her.

As nice as it sounds, I believe this child needs space, peace, and a barrier from even the best of intentions.

Please do not take this as an affront. I just think even well-intentioned kindness may be intrusive to this child just now....

I think there's some confusion on why something would be taken in a search. LE has to collect any evidence that may be evidence of a crime. It doesn't mean only things they think can prove X or disprove Y. They want to be over-inclusive because if they missed something, it could have a big impact on a future trial. For example, they may try to figure out where each item found in the house was sold to track their route. In the video, it looks like multiple pages so this list is probably not complete. They may take all of the trash laying around and just label it "trash" to go through later.

While I agree with you to some extent to me it looks like they are looking for very specific things otherwise they would not have left a thing behind. Some things that could be used for ordinary uses are being taken to see if there is DNA present. The bed rolls may have not even been purchased by TC and loaned to them. The "trash" specifically mentions "tissues".

And I'm not arguing I promise, but why leave behind the stove? Or the propane or anything else we saw left behind in the photos. If they just want a trail of purchased items?

Also I'm not above saying perhaps I'm swayed a little from the reporter that also stated they are looking for "evidence" of a sexual in nature crime.

Whatever they can find to prove something that will back up the current charges.

Again I mean this respectfully.

same flannel shirt, ugh. I hope she got a nice hot shower last night and clean clothes. That alone will make her feel better.

As nice as it sounds, I believe this child needs space, peace, and a barrier from even the best of intentions.

Please do not take this as an affront. I just think even well-intentioned kindness may be intrusive to this child just now....

Very true. I will hold off abit.

Yeah I feel sorta the same and also feel like she needs something to counter the TC supporters and others that say she fully knew what she was doing.

I am conflicted at this moment to be honest.

Look I think the deplorable and dangerous thing thing is the kidnapping, mann act violation and almost certain statutory rape, by this despicable criminal.

That aside I think some of the comments on the place itself, in the middle of some of the most beautiful nature in the world, as a dump or a per se horrible thing reflects a point of view not shared by many.

I live an urban life with plenty of connections, comfort and the dependence on modernity that come wiht it. But when I was young my parents took us for a few months each year to a remote island in Greece, where the phone service was a 5 hour walk or mule ride, where there was no electricity whatsoever, where except for rice and ground flour everything we ate and drank was from fish we caught, hens we raised, fruit from close by orchards and vegetables from our and our neighbors gardens, and bread we made. No TV, no phone, no video games, no more of a radio than these people had in their car, and no internet. No ice, no refrigeration at all. No dishwasher, no washing machine -- no running water. Our housing was spartan but the views and environment were beautiful. In terms of fire departments, or local medical care, just like people in far northern California mountains might be hours from a fire department. In our case a clinic was on the other side of the island, again 4 to 5 hours away. Once a week we hiked to town to call our grandparents.

We learned patience, delayed gratification, played board games, had discussions over books, and swam or hiked miles every day. We learned where food came from and how to grow and cook it. We were engaged by our parents mentally and had hours of their attention daily. To me the lifestyle of kids today is abusive in absentee parenting and addiction to things like the net, TV, instant gratification all around

I agree with you in your hope that this sick criminal child abusing bastrd rots. But I think some of the things being said about rural living, off the grid living, minimalist housing etc are points of view judgement.

Having spent time in places like yours, where devices have little or no support, I can say it takes maybe two days to realize "Meh"---- backyard is way more interesting....

Of course, that is with the Fourteeners looming the backdrop....;)

Not an affront at all. :) Just passing the word along from her family.

The family specifically gave an address (PO Box) for people to send welcome home cards/notes to ET. I'm pretty sure they know her better than anyone.

I think kind gestures of any kind could only help.

YMMV

The family specifically gave an address (PO Box) for people to send welcome home cards/notes to ET. I'm pretty sure they know her better than anyone.

YMMV

Point taken. I will refrain from commenting.

I was simply going by the advice of the mental health professionals who posted.

I am sure her family knows better. Sorry!

I will hope ET is receiving care for her trauma and I will not comment again.

YMMV

ET can certainly choose not to open them, although I am sure they will be vetted to make sure there are no nasty ones. It will show her that there is more to the world than some of the small-minded judgementalism in her home town.

Please don't refrain from posting. Hopefully ET's family had a good advocate that is advising the family. And possibly that advocate is saying yeah give out out address but maybe we will give them to her later.

Your input is just as valuable!

If ET's dad is successful at suing the school, E may well be able to get a decent private education away from all of the stigma.

And the father or a therapist can screen them first. Imagine the weird correspondence the general public might send. I'm sure that they'll select whichever ones they feel are appropriate.

Despite the fact that cabin has seemingly no amenities, I look at that cabin as a beautiful place that saved ET. The people there cared enough to offer this place. I am so glad Tad and ET accepted their Generous offer, because now she is where she belongs, with a long path ahead of her of getting help, regrowth, learning, and that is so positive!!!!!

IMOO.

Good point to all of you who made it. I was only thinking of no soft place for her to lay her head. But of course now she is sleeping in her own bed [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I think it's important to make the comments! You're obviously a very caring individual and it's worth pointing out to tread lightly. What I got from your comments is well put, be careful and remember this is a teenager who's just gotten home. Waiting a few days or maybe even a week or two isn't a bad idea.

Good point to all of you who made it. I was only thinking of no soft place for her to lay her head. But of course now she is sleeping in her own bed [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have missed something on a fast moving thread, but I didn't think that ET was home with her own family just yet?

While I agree with you to some extent to me it looks like they are looking for very specific things otherwise they would not have left a thing behind. Some things that could be used for ordinary uses are being taken to see if there is DNA present. The bed rolls may have not even been purchased by TC and loaned to them. The "trash" specifically mentions "tissues".

And I'm not arguing I promise, but why leave behind the stove? Or the propane or anything else we saw left behind in the photos. If they just want a trail of purchased items?

Agreed these are all things that go to intent or would have DNA present

Two beer cans? Wonder if he was giving her alcohol on top of everything else. God, I hate him. JMO
I am not sure the extent of her "wheat" allergy. Most beer is DEFINITELY not gluten-free.
It's never been stated as an allergy to gluten, so perhaps if she were to drink any it would not have been unsafe from an allergy stand point.
However, giving alcohol to a minor is a whole different ball game.
MOO
ETA: then again TC was the "cool" teacher so... \_(•,• )_/ I dunno!
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members