Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gathered from social media that Beth was bullied in mainstream school. It is no wonder she sought out a familiar adult in a position of power for solace? Unfortunately I think he has had a mental health breakdown. What does she have to go back to? How could she work out how to go back? Some very sensitive policing and social work appears to be necessary in what is coming across as a judgemental backwater.

Getting caught up- sorry to jump in randomly

Evidently the bullying was after the incident of the “peck” on the mouth was reported [BBM]:

Thomas’ sister told ABC News that the 15-year-old was bullied in school by students and teachers after the reported kiss and told her “I just have to get away, we have to get away.”
“I can’t handle this anymore . .. all the teachers, all the kids constantly saying mean things, I can’t handle it,’” the sister said.

http://www.gowatertown.net/2017/03/22/ex-teacher-accused-of-kidnapping-teen-believed-to-have-watched-tv-show-about-living-off-the-grid-sources/

She was home schooled previously:

She started as a freshman this year, entering the public school system for the very first time.
District Attorney Brent Cooper told Channel 4 that before that, Elizabeth was home schooled.
"To take a child that's never been in that environment and then drop them in that environment, they're going to be more vulnerable than the kid that's always been in public school," Cooper said.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34967126/da-missing-teen-had-troubling-home-life

She also did a bit of bullying herself growling at the younger child who reported the kiss:

Thomas went around the school telling students that the girl had reported Cummins. Within a week to 10 days, word of the investigation had spread around Culleoka Unit School.
"Beth stared at her at breakfast," the family member said. "Every morning, Beth looked at her with a glare. In the hallway, when the two were next to each other, Beth would growl at her. It was a low dog's growl."

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/news/20170320/witness-at-school-considered-tad-cummins-8216mentor8217-but-reported-seeing-him-kiss-elizabeth-thomas

When she is hopefully safely recovered I’m sure that there will be alternative schooling. Columbia is close to Nashville, Murfreesboro where there are options for nontraditional students.

IMO

I'm concerned this is headed towards a double suicide. :(

I don't get that vibe at all. I think they will live off the grid, working for cash, for as long as possible. I think they think they can pull it off and live happily ever after.

In 10 years, he'll be 60, and while that is not old, it's a hard life to live off the grid and keep a young wife content...not that I think they will last 10 years on the run. I think it will take awhile to catch them, but they will be found.

jmo

Cummins helped Elizabeth with homework and “[gave] her money, bought a microwave so she would heat food up in his room [and] try and get her out of trouble.”

http://people.com/crime/amber-alert-ex-teacher-allegedly-rubbed-15-year-old-back/

Well, I see this report above my post says that ET was bullied in public school last year…:

Elizabeth was at a vulnerable point coming into the 2016-2017 school year because she had been bullied the year before, Sarah says. Last year was Elizabeth’s first in the public school system after being home schooled until eighth grade.
“She said months before that she had to get out of here, we have to get out of here, [and] I can’t take this,” Sarah remembers.

http://people.com/crime/amber-alert-ex-teacher-allegedly-rubbed-15-year-old-back/

I give up! Columbia is a lovely little town- that I can say with confidence!

IMO

The Investigation Report, dated January 30, 2017 (kissing occurred on January 24) said she was in his Forensics class. (page 6)

The Position Description, dated July 8, 2011 when he was hired, was for a Health Science Teacher. The requirements are that he have RN Certification and 3 years experience in the last 5 years, and any other .... experience. (page 27)

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

Thanks for the source on the Forensics citation! My bet is it is the science class not the speech class given that he was in the health field.

I saw the job description too, but that does not tell us what Tad did educationally to get the Teaching Certificate on file with the TN Dept of Education. Whatever his process was, he wasn't just picked off the streets, he went through the expected legal route and acquired a teaching license in a way that met state requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34977042/...udent-discusses-close-friendship-with-teacher

Wow! His comment to the students about the head office being onto him is very interesting along with the comments about him just wanting to single out Parrish. If this doesn't show a history of past deviant behavior then I don't know what would. I have thought all along that this incident cannot be his first -- it is the first time it was so clearly detected. Also disturbed about his lack of teaching credentials, it sounds like the school fast-tracked him into a position without really doing due dilligence, probably because his wife already worked for the system. I've said it before, as more parents talk to their children, more frightening info will probably surface.

WOW. Red flag indeed...

http://www.today.com/video/elizabet...-by-teacher-may-have-been-abused-904611395679

Here is a news report that has an interview with a former respiratory therapist co-worker. The former co-worker specifically thought that having Cummins in a position of authority was a bad idea! So much now is coming out about Cummins and it just baffles me as to how he was in a teaching position. He wasn't qualified and his work history is sketchy as well. Why would someone go from being a respiratory therapist to a teacher? I wonder what made him change jobs? From the interview with the co-worker it sounds like there were red-flags.

Thanks for this--I hope there's more to this interview with a previous co-worker. I figured there was a reason the guy couldn't keep a non-government job

Was Lizzy homeschooled by her mother? I just find that odd considering she is now charged with abuse if I recall correctly. Did she start going to school once her mother was charged?

A lot of cabins here are very very deep in a wooded area. For example my driveway alone was over a mile long. My nearest neighbor was at least 10 miles. Some roads barely have 1 vehicle a day on them. Not saying they didn't leave the border but just to give you a perspective of TN

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Thank you! That was exactly what I was trying to say many posts back. I think when some people hear "National Forest" they think of touristy areas with heavily travelled roads and Rangers trotting around the woods looking for anything amiss. Not the case. The Cherokee National Forest alone is comprised of 640,000 acres. Tourists see very little of that. Rangers see very little of that. In my area alone, there are abandoned houses on large tracts of land (family owned, I assume, but who knows), very remote campsites, private property with ALOT of land that the owners seldom even see. We have lost campers/hikers/ etc. out here and aerial searches were mostly useless because of dense tree cover. There are a lot of old logging roads and service roads where someone could easily drive a vehicle without ever being seen. Just to give everyone another perspective.

Another thing I want to add...watching a TV show about living off grid is NOT instruction for actually living off grid. My husband and I are both backwoods camper/hikers/minimalists. It takes YEARS of actual doing to be able to pull off many of the things you see on some of these "survivalist" shows. And even then, whatever skills you bring to the table are subject to whatever the wild throws at you. If TC is under the impression this is how they will hide and survive, my guess is that they will give up on that relatively quickly. At this stage of the game, I'd be looking at cabins, hotels, remote areas where shopping is an option.

ALL just my opinion.

Thanks for the source on the Forensics citation! My bet is it is the science class not the speech class given that he was in the health field.

I saw the job description too, but that does not tell us what Tad did educationally to get the Teaching Certificate on file with the TN Dept of Education. Whatever his process was, he wasn't just picked off the streets, he went through the expected legal route and acquired a teaching license in a way that met state requirements.

He is not a licensed teacher, that I can find. He does not meet the education requirements. You can search for licensed teachers in his state and he is not listed.

He is not a licensed teacher, that I can find. He does not meet the education requirements. You can search for licensed teachers in his state and he is not listed.

He IS listed. As I mentioned, I posted the link and the teaching certificate # earlier in the threads.

Edit to add: Just looked it up for you...it's post #281 on Thread 2.

I'm hoping all it takes for them to come out of hiding, is her starting her monthly. I could imagine him not being able to handle that at his age. And I imagine, from the looks of her IG page, she would be very emotional and possibly... how can I say this respectfully, um easily irritable I guess? I know it's a long shot but here's hoping for something like that to drive them out of hiding. I mean I love camping but not when I'm on my monthly, just saying.

I'm hoping all it takes for them to come out of hiding, is her starting her monthly. I could imagine him not being able to handle that at his age. And I imagine, from the looks of her IG page, she would be very emotional and possibly... how can I say this respectfully, um easily irritable I guess? I know it's a long shot but here's hoping for something like that to drive them out of hiding. I mean I love camping but not when I'm on my monthly, just saying.

He worked in the health field. I think he can handle it. Whether SHE wants to handle it "off the grid", I don't know. (I don't know they are off the grid either, though I do think they are.) JMOpinion

[video=youtube;FZtCQ4bKIP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtCQ4bKIP0[/video]

This is a video of the former FBI, CIA, and master spy, more commonly known as Tad Cummins, giving a lesson in CPR to a bunch of his high school students. Although his face is mainly out of view for most of the video, you can hear his voice and watch his mannerisms along with seeing how he dresses. At around the 3:00 mark, he bends down within camera view and gives a side profile of himself. For some reason, his shoes appear to fit his feet oddly, as if they're too long and oversized..........but that's just me........... I normally wear cowboy boots and Wrangler jeans, and know virtually nothing about trendy sports wear or how to look "cool".

ETA--- He's the one in the purple shirt with white stripes.

He worked in the health field. I think he can handle it. Whether SHE wants to handle it "off the grid", I don't know. (I don't know they are off the grid either, though I do think they are.) JMOpinion

I mean maybe he wouldn't be able to handle her attitude. And that's what I was saying, she will realize how important a nice hot shower is around that time (if they are off the grid).

One last thing...those handguns TC brought along aren't for hunting. You CAN hunt game with handguns, but you need the right kind of handgun, right kind of ammo and additional equipment. AND, that is a very specialized way to hunt. It is incredibly challenging, which is why few actually do it. My guess is that he took the handguns along for protection, probably from predators, which makes me think he did actually plan on going off grid. How long they manage to stay off grid...well, again, I'd guess they won't last long.

This is a video of the former FBI, CIA, and master spy, more commonly known as Tad Cummins, giving a lesson in CPR to a bunch of his high school students. Although his face is mainly out of view for most of the video, you can hear his voice and watch his mannerisms along with seeing how he dresses. At around the 3:00 mark, he bends down within camera view and gives a side profile of himself. For some reason, his shoes appear to fit his feet oddly, as if they're too long and oversized..........but that's just me........... I normally wear cowboy boots and Wrangler jeans, and know virtually nothing about trendy sports wear..

If that is his youtube channel.. have you seen his "liked" videos? how to build an AR 15. That is concerning.

BBM

This is a video of the former FBI, CIA, and master spy, more commonly known as Tad Cummins, giving a lesson in CPR to a bunch of his high school students. Although his face is mainly out of view for most of the video, you can hear his voice and watch his mannerisms along with seeing how he dresses. At around the 3:00 mark, he bends down within camera view and gives a side profile of himself. For some reason, his shoes appear to fit his feet oddly, as if they're too long and oversized..........but that's just me........... I normally wear cowboy boots and Wrangler jeans, and know virtually nothing about trendy sports wear..

Lol. He's probably a mensa member as well. And, yes, Tad Cummins is quite the tendy dresser.

(modsnip)

This is a video of the former FBI, CIA, and master spy, more commonly known as Tad Cummins, giving a lesson in CPR to a bunch of his high school students. Although his face is mainly out of view for most of the video, you can hear his voice and watch his mannerisms along with seeing how he dresses. At around the 3:00 mark, he bends down within camera view and gives a side profile of himself. For some reason, his shoes appear to fit his feet oddly, as if they're too long and oversized..........but that's just me........... I normally wear cowboy boots and Wrangler jeans, and know virtually nothing about trendy sports wear or how to look "cool".

ETA--- He's the one in the purple shirt with white stripes.

This voice, *shudders*, it's going to be in my nightmares. I knew I shouldn't have turned the sound on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay