Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do she have a gluten intolerance? The pictures of all the gluten free food on her IG? That would be tough to prepare for if living in the woods and off grid. Jmo

Eta- seems like all my posts revolve around food. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The interview with the older sister said she changed her status to "married" with the ring after she left. Do they know when she made that change? I know Gatlinburg has been discussed and it is a wedding destination.

I suggested yesterday that maybe she updated it when her phone pinged in Decatur?

But it makes no sense. No way could someone just walk off the streets here in NJ and get a teacher's job because they have an AAS degree in respiratory therapy. What exactly was he teaching? What the hell is forensics?

It does make sense because some schools or ISDs offer classes designed to prep students for a career track. Some hire people with automotive experience to teach mechanics, salon experience to teach cosmetology, or health experience to teach toward an LPN type of career.

They would not have hired Tad "off the streets." He has his teaching certificate. At least in Michigan, if you have a teaching certificate, it means you took like 20 college classes in education and passed standardized education tests and did student teaching in order to receive it. This educational certificate is SEPARATE from your subject specific bachelors or other degree in a specific field.

(Edit to add: There may be a slightly different process from state to state, but in all states, there are stringent requirements for obtaining a teaching certificate. And Tad had his teaching certificate which I posted from the Dept of Ed site on an earlier comment in the thread.)

Forensics could be either a debate class or a health/science based elective that deals with DNA, fingerprinting, etc. They offered the latter at a school I worked at...and obviously if it was that type of Forensics, it makes me think Tad has a lot of information that would be useful in evading police detection.

It does make sense because some schools or ISDs offer classes designed to prep students for a career track. Some hire people with automotive experience to teach mechanics, salon experience to teach cosmetology, or health experience to teach toward an LPN type of career.

They would not have hired Tad "off the streets." He has his teaching certificate. At least in Michigan, if you have a teaching certificate, it means you took like 20 college classes in education and passed standardized education tests and did student teaching in order to receive it. This educational certificate is SEPARATE from your subject specific bachelors or other degree in a specific field.

Forensics could be either a debate class or a health/science based elective that deals with DNA, fingerprinting, etc. They offered the latter at a school I worked at...and obviously if it was that type of Forensics, it makes me think Tad has a lot of information that would be useful in evading police detection.

He did not take any standardized education testing nor did he do any student teaching.

It's been mentioned multiple times that Tad taught Forensics though I don't remember the source. Was that in the school records released?

In any case, here is how the word Forensics can apply to a Forensics Science class (this is from a different high school): http://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/cms/li.../Miller_Forensic Science Syllabus 2013-14.pdf

Here is how the word could be applied to a Forensics debate team:
http://www.americanforensics.org/what.html

If it is the science class, rather than debate, as I mentioned earlier...it suggests Tad knows a lot and has read a lot about police work. FYI.

Again, someone needs to verify the repeated claim he taught Forensics though bc I have not done that yet.

@steelman, I wonder the same. doesn't take 7 hours to get to Decatur from Columbia.

attachment.php
attachment.php

It's just a blue camo shirt..............easy to get just about anywhere.

I believe it is an ROTC shirt..notice the pins on her collar as well

He did not take any standardized education testing nor did he do any student teaching.

He may not have. There are alternative paths to licensure in TN for practitioner type teachers, I believe. You can read that here: http://www.teachercertificationdegrees.com/certification/tennessee.

However it has not been published whether he took tests or did student teaching to my knowledge.

Whether he did or didn't is somewhat irrelevant, IMHO, bc State Dept of Ed records DO say he had gone through the system to receive his teaching certificate. That means he wasn't selected off the street but met the criteria and went through the system in a way that met with regulations.

What are you basing your info on?

@steelman, I wonder the same. doesn't take 7 hours to get to Decatur from Columbia.

It's weird isn't it ? You can't help but wonder why it took them 7 hours to travel 75 miles on the first day. Were they shopping, gathering supplies, temporarily hiding, holed up at a motel, sitting and talking things through, .....???? At best it's a 1 1/2 hour drive.

I'm also puzzled why LE hasn't been able to make a better determination of which way they may have gone after passing through Decatur. It would still have been daylight for almost 4 hours, no surveillance cameras picked up the Nissan in that 4 hour span after it passed through Decatur ?

It's been mentioned multiple times that Tad taught Forensics though I don't remember the source. Was that in the school records released?

In any case, here is how the word Forensics can apply to a Forensics Science class (this is from a different high school): http://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/cms/li.../Miller_Forensic Science Syllabus 2013-14.pdf

Here is how the word could be applied to a Forensics debate team:
http://www.americanforensics.org/what.html

If it is the science class, rather than debate, as I mentioned earlier...it suggests Tad knows a lot and has read a lot about police work. FYI.

Again, someone needs to verify the repeated claim he taught Forensics though bc I have not done that yet.

The Investigation Report, dated January 30, 2017 (kissing occurred on January 24) said she was in his Forensics class. (page 6)

The Position Description, dated July 8, 2011 when he was hired, was for a Health Science Teacher. The requirements are that he have RN Certification and 3 years experience in the last 5 years, and any other .... experience. (page 27)

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

agreed, steelman...and if they continued in that trajectory, Birmingham would be the logical place to splinter in a different direction, correct?

It's weird isn't it ? You can't help but wonder why it took them 7 hours to travel 75 miles on the first day. Were they shopping, gathering supplies, temporarily hiding, holed up at a motel, sitting and talking things through, .....???? At best it's a 1 1/2 hour drive.

I'm also puzzled why LE hasn't been able to make a better determination of which way they may have gone after passing through Decatur. It would still have been daylight for almost 4 hours, no surveillance cameras picked up the Nissan in that 4 hour span after it passed through Decatur ?
This makes me think of Charles Starkweather and Caril Fugate, who wandered around very close to the scenes of their crimes until they were ultimately caught. LE back then were perplexed that the couple hadn't put more miles behind them. I'm not comparing LC and ET to Starkweather and Fugate, obviously, just noting the similarity of not putting lots of miles behind them when given the chance.
JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

agreed, steelman...and if they continued in that trajectory, Birmingham would be the logical place to splinter in a different direction, correct?

You'd think so. I thought from the git-go that he must've headed south in order to tie into one of the major Interstates. I have absolutely nothing to base that on, however. I guess I'm just trying to get into his head and figure out his escape plan. I also thought that he would make a beeline to the west, down one of the Interstates, in order to get a lot of distance between himself and the pending Amber Alert. The Amber Alert wasn't issued for almost 24 hours, which gave him a huge head start in regards to the Highway Patrol and other LE agencies being on the lookout for the two of them. By the time the Amber Alert was finally issued, he easily could have been deep in the heart of Texas..............literally. The AA didn't extend that far.

MAP here for those trying to make sense of our conversation:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IlyfNwjXHK0Obf9lZ5jIJ561is8&usp=sharing

Yes, the pins are what I was noticing. I don't remember reading that she was part of ROTC or anything of that sort.

I read it somewhere because the person was asking if fellow ROTC members could be notified across the states. However, it was not in an article so I can't verify information on that. You know how that goes.

Could he have been able to disengage any factory installed gps monitors on his Rogue alone or would it require a Nissan mechanic? Very curious about that.

TBI released a new photo of Thomas, which is the most recent one they have. It shows her wearing a flannel shirt and black leggings. DeVine said they don't believe Thomas had many belongings with her when she disappeared, so it is possible she is still wearing the same clothes she was wearing when she was last seen on Monday, March 13.

http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/statewide-endangered-child-alert-issued-for-missing-teen/422561108

(article dated 3/21)

I highly doubt she'd be in the same clothes after a week...but remember when AT said that what she took from her room/home was "confusing". maybe that's because she didn't take much, as seen in the picture of her carrying the pile of whatever...and as quoted by devine above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy