Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when she gets tired of her life in Mexico? It's not all roses and sunshine.

The family and the school are trying to create a united front at this point to keep the focus on ET. The school terminated him for insubordination because both TC and ET denied the kiss. The timing of when he was fired is going to be a factor if this should go to court. Very sad situation. She needed a counselor, probably from when she first started school. Very hard to go from homeschooling to public school for any student but especially a troubled teen. I'm surprised that none of her other teachers didn't pick up on her struggle. All my opinion.
Well, one teacher probably did pick up on it, and used it to his advantage.

Her Instagram makes me sad. Could there be a louder cry for help? She very openly seems to struggle with self esteem among other things and I would say the attraction on her part is he makes her feel important, and safe. The reality is, if she was important to him on ANY level, none of this would have happened. It's just too darn bad she didn't have an actual mentor come into her life. I'm assuming she was homeschooled by her mom and the dad is probably busy working to support his large family. Sounds like she had a rough turn of events just before all of this. I so feel for this girl!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I too have often wondered what their hashtags meant.... love, unbreakable, ohtheplaces, missioncompleted,

The also told each other and seemed to secretly use goodmorning, goodnight, and sweet dreams on almost every post.

Where is this??? Toll?? You need a passport to go into Mexico unless you sneak across....And you're not sneaking a vehicle in either!

No you don't. I live here in a border city. My in-laws cross very often (they're natives) by car. They do not ask for passports.

Edit: They only ask for documentation if you're driving DEEP into Mexico. Where I live, one can literally just waltz into Mexico. However, we can only make it as far as the border city. Should we try to go further into Mexico, we need passports.

These two will not likely travel far into Mexico without proper documentation, which she likely does not have.

I too have often wondered what their hashtags meant.... love, unbreakable, ohtheplaces, missioncompleted,

The also told each other and seemed to secretly use goodmorning, goodnight, and sweet dreams on almost every post.
I think unbreakable means they will stick it out. Oh the places is probably him showering her places he will take her

Depends where they cross from. Here in my city, you just pay the toll at the machine and cross. No checks at all.

I've crossed over in Brownsville, the closest to Corpus Christi, and they do not check going over, you can drive or just walk over the bridge. It is when returning to the US that US Customs Officials check your passport.

Her life wasn't and isn't roses and sunshine now.

Exactly. It's harder to run off with a teenager who is happy at home. She wasn't. She was (and IS) vulnerable to his manipulation.

jmo

When I went to Mexico by way of Nogales, they did check the passports of people in my group. They even asked if we had permission to be taking the vehicle we were in out of state and we had to have someone fax permission that we did.

So it sounds like there's places that check and places that don't. But...if TC has done this much research, I'm sure he knows where to cross where they won't check.

Depends. You can cross at most points without the passport, but if try to get back into the US there will be problems. Same with Canada, it's getting back in that's the problem. If you're on a cruise you do need that passport, or if you're on a bus, etc.

No you don't. I live here in a border city. My in-laws cross very often (they're natives) by car. They do not ask for passports.
Where is this? I didn't know it was that easy to cross over.

A question was posed last night by a friend in LE and his supposition is that the child is already pregnant by the kidnapper. It made sense.What else would make them so intent on leaving now? If he just wanted to "see her" they could let the storm over the kiss blow over and sneak around. We've all been 15 and snuck out. They could meet on the sly. Surely a 50 yo man with some education didn't think he would be able to marry a 15 year old anywhere on this planet without permission from her parent of legal guardian? He's not even divorced from his current wife.(if she hasn't filed by now she's a fool) If they were in "love" why not wait until she's 18 and then nothing anybody could do about it. He could have been the next Doug Hutchinson. Even if he's delusional, and from his CIA and FBI stories, it appears he is. He's got to know this was destined to fail from the start.

With Canada and Mexico you can cross over without a passport, it's the US that requires it on re-entry. When I was younger you didn't need a passport to travel to Mexico, but now the passport is required when you return. They also require them on buses, planes and some cruises. Had a fun time with a teen last year who decided to "sneak" across the border while on spring break and then found himself unable to return because he didn't have a passport. Yup. Fun times, expensive fun times.

A question was posed last night by a friend in LE and his supposition is that the child is already pregnant by the kidnapper. It made sense.What else would make them so intent on leaving now? If he just wanted to "see her" they could let the storm over the kiss blow over and sneak around. We've all been 15 and snuck out. They could meet on the sly. Surely a 50 yo man with some education didn't think he would be able to marry a 15 year old anywhere on this planet without permission from her parent of legal guardian? He's not even divorced from his current wife.(if she hasn't filed by now she's a fool) If they were in "love" why not wait until she's 18 and then nothing anybody could do about it. He could have been the next Doug Hutchinson. Even if he's delusional, and from his CIA and FBI stories, it appears he is. He's got to know this was destined to fail from the start.

She could be pregnant, but I think they took off now because they were found out at school and he was suspended. Rather than deal with that scandal, they left.

jmo

Yes,but.you-can't-travel-further-into-Mexico-than-20miles-or-kilometers.-For-example,if-I-cross-into-Nuevo-Laredo-via-Laredo,TX-then-I-can-only-remain-in-that-city.Going-further-in-requires-stopping-at-acheckpoint-and-presenting-a-passport

Depends. You can cross at most points without the passport, but if try to get back into the US there will be problems. Same with Canada, it's getting back in that's the problem. If you're on a cruise you do need that passport, or if you're on a bus, etc.

Must vary then. We live in Michigan and have crossed the Windsor border dozens and dozens of times and, ever since 9/11, they have checked passports every single time.

I live down here. It's gotta be 181!!! Between there and Mexico all roads have checkpoints. I have alerted everyone I know that lives there and Kingsville area. I hope they show up in my campground!!! Oh boy!! Going on Topix to share now.
It needs to be tweeted to the Spanish speaking community!
MOO

I really feel like he got to a "nothing left to lose" standpoint. I suspect his home life fell apart with the investigation and then the suspension. His wife could not have just been ok with what happened, I would think, and his large family (multiple children and 5 grandchildren) probably was on edge as well. With nothing to lose, because you've lost it--family, job--why not run and try to rebuild with a willing (although not mature enough to actually make such a decision) participant? If it doesn't work out, you'd lost it all anyway. Just my thoughts on where this came from.

Nogales is usually fairly easy...we go shopping there every now and then and have never had any problems. It's easier to do if you leave your car on the Arizona side, since there are a lot of regulations, mostly with rental cars that prohibit you from crossing the border in one. But we've never had any problems getting in or out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth