Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but the problem is......the first night they were on the run, an Amber Alert hadn't even been issued. It's known they were heading south out of Tennessee into Alabama at 3 p.m. that afternoon. They could have hit the junction to the major Interstates in Birmingham before dark that evening. Then........they have basically 10 hours of total darkness in which to cruise along the Interstate in any direction they choose.
10 hours later.........as the sun rises........an Amber Alert still had not been issued. By that point, they could have easily traveled 500 miles away and been well outside the alert zone.

I just can't see TC staying close to home...........far too risky.

I think he underestimated the level of attention this would get initially. Taking 5-6 hours to get an hour down I-65 indicates that he was not on the run that first day.

My theory is that the first night they headed south to I-20 then west to Jackson, MS where they stopped to refuel (based on the Rouge's fuel range). Then south to I-10 or on west to regroup. Within a couple of days they were in Texas. He has to consider the consequences of crossing the border. If she is still all in on the marriage, they keep going south for a while. If she is not, he has to work to convince her or leave her behind.

The above is my opinion only.

Say he did get her pregnant and that caused them to run. Wouldn't she need medical care? I know you can deliver without assistance but that's very dangerous

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I think the consequences of the kiss dictated the timing of the run.

Her father and her siblings. He was not part of the abuse. When she comes home it will be to her dad. I would imagine DCS has already checked him out. She also has 5 older siblings who have homes.

These are all people who did not save her from the abuse the first time, so what reason would a 15 year old in a very vulnerable state have to trust them this time around?

Do we know if the wife knew about the suspension?

jmo

Just thought of something (odds are the discussion has taken place already) ~
the fact that TC worked in the same environment as his wife and he was suspended for impropriety with a student, may have escalated or started problems within the marriage.
His wife may have read him the riot act or even let him know that the marriage was over as far as she was concerned.
So, what did he have to lose? Lost job, lost wife, lost normal future.
All these circumstances combined may have sent him over the edge.

These are all people who did not save her from the abuse the first time, so what reason would a 15 year old in a very vulnerable state have to trust them this time around?
I don't know the circumstances the mother could have cut off contact with the children's father like many do to keep abuse from being exposed. I can almost bet you that at this point Tennessee DCS has evaluated the father and home and deemed them dafe. I would imagine the abuse TC inflicted on ET caused DCS to be involved IMO and MOO from living here is she has siblings and a father who love her and are killing themselves to find her also the father divorced the mother to try to save his kids it sounds like

the fact that TC worked in the same environment as his wife and he was suspended for impropriety with a student, may have escalated or started problems within the marriage.
His wife may have read him the riot act or even let him know that the marriage was over as far as she was concerned.

IMO a joint Facebook account points to marital problems. The only time I know of people doing that is when they have trust issues...

Actually they did save her. She's with her father and was starting a new life.

This is exactly the impression I get from her SM. He has her convinced HE can save her and SHE can save him. He's turned into an us against the world scenario. Iirc, one of them even posted that on their IG. I'll see if I can find it.

Part of me thinks he may have had some sort of psychotic break with reality, but then I look at his Instagram posts and it looks like he was plotting this for a while.

I think he underestimated the level of attention this would get initially. Taking 5-6 hours to get an hour down I-65 indicates that he was not on the run that first day.

My theory is that the first night they headed south to I-20 then west to Jackson, MS where they stopped to refuel (based on the Rouge's fuel range). Then south to I-10 or on west to regroup. Within a couple of days they were in Texas. He has to consider the consequences of crossing the border. If she is still all in on the marriage, they keep going south for a while. If she is not, he has to work to convince her or leave her behind.

I hope he leaves her behind. I have to imagine the pressure she feels being with him 24 7 now is intense plus stress of looking over her shoulder constantly I know at that age after a few days with my best friend I had to have a break IMO she's not having much fun rn

That's very true, and even once the initial Amber Alert went out it didn't really make the national news. I definitely read about it on here before I heard anything about it on the news.
We did have an endangered child alert Monday that initially warned TN Al and GA also while it may be risky to stay in TN people are not realizing how rural a lot of areas are. Some roads are not traveled on by more than 1 car a day or every couple of days. Some driveways are a mile or more long. Its very easy to lose yourself here

If they DO make it to Mexico, would Mexico capture them and send them back if they found them? They did with affluenza teen when he and mom fled there, but is that the norm? If not, anyone else thinking that if they DO make it to Mexico, they'll pop back up on Social Media?

Mexico does not want US fugitives coming to Mexico. They would be happy to send them back.

I hope he leaves her behind. I have to imagine the pressure she feels being with him 24 7 now is intense plus stress of looking over her shoulder constantly I know at that age after a few days with my best friend I had to have a break IMO she's not having much fun rn

Heck, I'm 30 and yet spending an entire week on the road with my husband would probably end with at least one of us wanting a divorce. It's not easy spending 24 hours a day with someone away from home and not feel some kind of stress.

On March 10, Cummins searched the Internet for information on whether certain features of his vehicle, a Nissan Rogue, could be tracked by law enforcement.

You know, I'd take this as a good sign. I think it means he's not very technically savvy and could make more mistakes in the future. I'm not at all paranoid or technically savvy, but if I was planning a crime and needed to do some googling, I'd go to a library computer or something. Certainly not search while logged into my home computer or whatever he did.

http://wspa.com/2017/03/23/tn-amber-alert-girls-family-releases-letter/

The family of Elizabeth Thomas, the victim of an ongoing AMBER Alert out of Maury County, released a letter through their attorney on Thursday.

"The family has been overwhelmed with the kindness shown to us by the Maury County community and beyond,” the letter reads. “We humbly ask that you continue to pray as we do our best to cope with the emotional weight of Elizabeth’s abduction.”

The Thomas family went on to thank the media, saying the continuous coverage is critical to finding Elizabeth.

“Hopefully this awareness will assist law enforcement with tips that will lead to Elizabeth,” wrote the family.

They are pleading with everyone to remain vigilant and give any information at all to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, “no matter how insignificant you might perceive it.”

IF border guards/authorities have been informed and their passports flagged they would be detained at the border. BTW, do we even know if ET has a passport? I doubt she does from what little we know of her upbringing/home situation.

Americans don't need a passport to enter Mexico to visit the border areas.

Part of me thinks he may have had some sort of psychotic break with reality, but then I look at his Instagram posts and it looks like he was plotting this for a while.
IMO he just decided to give into his urges. Sounds like he was trying to groom girls as far back as 2011. I think he found 1 that said yes and ran with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members